Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,382 members, 7,800,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Blackberry Saga! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Saga! (3562 Views)

How To Bypass The Waiting Time In Candy Crush Saga / My Lg G2 Screen Touch Saga / Cm11 Alpha Out For Htc G2 & Saga ( Android Kitkat) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Saga! by DeviceMan: 4:34pm On May 22, 2007
Forget all the HYPE - MTN, Glo and their versions of BlackBerry!
BlackBerry Device is simply another Smartphone or PDA. Just add Windows Mobile to a Smartphone or PDA, and you get better functionality than a BlackBerry device!

Take for example an i-mate Device (Smartphones and PDAs).
This is what you'll get:
Ms Word
Ms Excel
Ms PowerPoint
Ms Outlook
MSN Messenger
Internet Explorer
Windows Media Player
VPN Connectivity
ActiveSync
AntiVirus
, and lots more, including a FREE membership of "Club i-mate" - the world largest gathering of Windows Mobile users.
Club i-mate gives you free and paid Ringtones, Games, Discounts and a host of other valuables.

Then again, let's consider the Push Email service from MTN and Glo through the BlackBerry.
They are not even True Push, and neither is BlackBerry the leader worldwide in this technology.
Ever heard of SEVEN?

SEVEN is the Global leader in Mobile Email solutions.
It is used by almost all the top GSM Operators worldwide (about 120 operators), including O2, T-Mobile, Hutchinson, Sprint, NTT Do-Co-Mo, , you name it!
70% of all mobile email users in Japan and some parts of Asia, use SEVEN.
Its also pre-installed in some makes and models of mobile phone including Nokia and Sonyericsson.
This is because of its proven ease of use, whilst delivering Intranet & Internet Mails with the highest security in a direct True Push manner.
What's more, it has the easiest software and package installation, and it is compatible to over 200 different makes and models of mobile phones.

This means that you are not restricted to buying a "BlackBerry", and you can use it on ANY NETWORK with GPRS in Nigeria!!!

The catch?
No catch!
The SEVEN Always-On Mail service is also a lot cheaper than the BlackBerry as offered by both MTN and Glo.
1. The Personal Edition costs ONLY N1,700 per user per month compared to N5,000 on MTN, and N10,000 on Glo.
There are No Activation Fees or any hidden charges!
2. The Enterprise Edition costs ONLY N3,500 per user per month compared to N6,000 on MTN (plus over N500,000 for license fee), and over N10,000 on Glo (plus cost of a BlackbBerry Server, Activation Fee and Sundries).
SEVEN has no Activation Fees or hidden costs. Just the monthly subscription!

In summary, this is SEVEN Always-On Mail:
Global Leader
No Network restriction
No mobile device restriction (choice of over 200)
No Extra or hidden charges
Less than half the monthly subscription.
, The choice is yours!!!

i-mate and SEVEN are represented in Nigeria by Race Telecoms (racetelecoms)
Enjoy!
Re: Blackberry Saga! by LinuxProph(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2007
Hi.

Your article on BlackBerry and Seven is informative.

But, Seven AND BlackBerry are foreign.

When are we going to grow Software Nigeria?

Why is foreign good, home bad? Just like Oyibo knows better than Nigerian, therefore hire an Oyibo to do the work of a Nigerian in Nigeria (even if he quietly asks a Nigerian how it is done when he arrives, and pay him 10 times more).

Why am I whinning?

Well, have you heard of a new service called FreshMail? It does ALL that you have mentioned that Seven does, and for less.

It costs N5,000 PER ANNUM for any GRPS enabled handset, plus you can have an OTA sent to your phone, regardless of whether you are in Accra, Lagos, Abijan, Njamena, Nairobi, Cape Town, Nottingham or Dallas.

IT WORKS!!! Push Email, S/MIME, Triple DES and AES and all the nine yards.

Activation is waivered until July 1st, and even that is N2,500 ONE TIME FEE. Remember ONLY N5,000. I did I mention the free 14-day trial. No Obligation!

The Enterprise Version is called ExcaliburMail and offers much more robust features fit for a Corporate Environment.

They are talking to a few reputable GSM retailers to serve as franchises around Africa and Europe.

Just visit http://freshmail.mobi.

Email for the Rest of US!!!
Re: Blackberry Saga! by texazzpete(m): 6:50pm On Jun 01, 2007
@Linuxproph
I'm glad you realize you're whining. spare us the sentimental bullshit and focus on the product you're here to advertise.
If it doesn't strike you as funny that the GSM handsets and GPRS tech are as foreign as the blackberry service you're criticizing, then i don't know what to say to ya!
Re: Blackberry Saga! by DeviceMan: 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2007
Thank You Texazzpete.

You know, critisizing a product or service brought into Nigeria is one of the lowest states of self denial.
Apart from the fact that employment is created for Nigerians within Nigeria, what support has the Gov given to encourage "Made in Nigeria".
Is it constant electricity, good roads, tax relieves, , etc? WHAT!

Nigerians have one of the best brains in the world! This can be attested when you visit any large multinational, and see where Nigerian brains are at work.

If the Nigerian government have no plans of harnessing these brains, we surely will keep depending on foreign imports of goods and services (of which I'm sure has Nigerian hand in the making).
And of course, we'll keep on losing those brains to foreign governments with ready cash to offer!

Nigeria MUST INVEST in her people!!!
Re: Blackberry Saga! by DeviceMan: 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2007
Re: Blackberry Saga! by Neoteny(m): 2:19pm On Jun 14, 2007
@deviceman

you only get most of the goodies you mentioned on windows mobile 2003 SE, right? true, pocket pc's are way more cool than raspberry, but my only snag with WM2003 imate jam is YOU-CANNOT-UPGRADE no thanks to micro$oft! tried reflashing to WM5 but found out i couldnt cos of CID failure and radio stack wahala menenemenene. humph!
incidentally, just about EVERY smart phone supports push email. RIM's raspberry is overhyped by us nigerians only cos of the yankies' obsession over it. i mean, wot the heck is so special about push email to joe public when joe public has only a web mail account (read Yahoo) and in any case yahoo Go and Gmail for smartpones are freely downloadable?
my gawd, give me pocket pc anyday.
Re: Blackberry Saga! by texazzpete(m): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2007
Neoteny:

@deviceman

you only get most of the goodies you mentioned on windows mobile 2003 SE, right? true, pocket pc's are way more cool than raspberry, but my only snag with WM2003 imate jam is YOU-CANNOT-UPGRADE no thanks to micro$oft! tried reflashing to WM5 but found out i couldnt because of CID failure and radio stack wahala menenemenene. humph!
incidentally, just about EVERY smart phone supports push email. RIM's raspberry is overhyped by us nigerians only because of the yankies' obsession over it. i mean, wot the heck is so special about push email to joe public when joe public has only a web mail account (read Yahoo) and in any case yahoo Go and Gmail for smartpones are freely downloadable?
my gawd, give me pocket pc anyday.

You can't upgrade I-maje jam. that's a known fact.
i suggest you consider upgrading ASAP!
Re: Blackberry Saga! by earthrealm(m): 8:47pm On Aug 13, 2007
@ neoteny, been searching 4 u lately, i got a problem with my music/video shareware programme, works like napster, but mine is called morpheus, i cant download songs with it again, tried installing diff versions but no dice, can u give me any clues?,
or better still, can u suggest a better programm,
nb,,, my os is vista basic
Re: Blackberry Saga! by hayprof(m): 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2007
Try using Ares,

-The latest version is 2.0.9,

-Post a link for yah soonest, wink
Re: Blackberry Saga! by earthrealm(m): 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2007
ok, i know ares, have installed it, but it doesnt have as much hosts/uploads as morpheus

thanks all the same
Re: Blackberry Saga! by SirKay3(m): 11:51am On Aug 21, 2007
@ DeviceMan,

Can my Nokia N73 (Music Edition) work like Blackberry?

If so, how do I go about getting it fixed
Re: Blackberry Saga! by nazzyon(m): 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2007
Download berggi

www.berggi.com

If you do not want it directlt from the site you can get it via http://www.getjar.com/products/10211/Berggienglish

Mailing is the key feature of any crankberry
Re: Blackberry Saga! by pinokio(m): 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2007
Hello, can the mtn black berry work as a modem too, if yes, then does that mean it could be used for browsing in your system and all you will have to pay is 5K monthly?

Any one who uses black berry here pls share ur view
Re: Blackberry Saga! by nazzyon(m): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2007
It is only one logic "Provided it is connected to the internet, you definitely can connect it to your PC as a modem"

Oh! Right not a logic.
Re: Blackberry Saga! by mazia(m): 1:28am On Aug 26, 2007
how expensive are the blackberry phones in naija? which model is gaining popularity.
here in the US it is the pearl and curve.
Re: Blackberry Saga! by Young15(m): 7:55pm On Aug 30, 2007
the 8700g is the best model they got here selling for 60,000 naira, a rip off. anyways i don't care just sold my curve and got and iphone, now to unlock it, let the hacking begin !!!!! tongue
Re: Blackberry Saga! by mazia(m): 2:50pm On Aug 31, 2007
how much did you buy the iphone for?
the curve isn't that great of a phone,
Re: Blackberry Saga! by Young15(m): 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2007
bought it for 599 dollar at an apple store, the unlocking if you do it your self cost about 100 - 150 dollars.
Re: Blackberry Saga! by mazia(m): 3:44pm On Aug 31, 2007
an apple store in Nigeria? who unlocks it for you? do you inlock it online or in nigeria?
Re: Blackberry Saga! by Young15(m): 4:43pm On Aug 31, 2007
lol in the US. i'm unlocking it my self and i'm basically done, just duplicating my simcard now and i'm good to go ! heads are gonna be turning when they see my lil punk ass with an iphone, yay me. except i gotta switch it for my motorla when i go 2 boarding school next week sad.a guy in port harcout has 13 units coming in 2 weeks i spoke to him he actually has 1 iphon on him atm. he sells his iphones unlocked for 150,000 naira. thats the best place to get one in nigeria very knowledgable guy, nigeria needs more people like him who actually know all the info about the phones they sell. i'm currently looking at options for extra memory, toshiba is due to release a 32 gb memory card in the next month or too. hopei was of help, laterz
Re: Blackberry Saga! by otoidea(m): 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2009
wv seven u still have gprs charges, which sumtimes can be more than 5000 a month depends on ur usage, meanwhile BIS on MTN provides unlimited data,
Re: Blackberry Saga! by solakotan(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2009
Hi DeviceMan,

1. The points you raised about SEVEN vis Blackberry is quit true! I do ve a Nokia E71 with SEVEN installed on it,  but my fear as to do with the gprs cost over time lets say 1month - would it not be more then the 5k charge by MTN already for "Push mail & Unlimited Internet service per month?

2. From SEVEN website - it shows Nigeria do no have a Rep,

3. I plan buying a blackberry - but am not down with BB handsets,  Would not mind to stick to my Nokia E71 or E90 for better internet surfing,  pls kindly enlighten us more,
Re: Blackberry Saga! by uthamaputi: 6:21am On Feb 08, 2012
You can buy Unlock code from Online sites and unlock it.

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Chat Vs 2go / BOLD 5 Versus TOUCH 3. which do u prefer n why? --VERY URGENT / Help: Can I Connect PC To Internet Using Airtel BIS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.