Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January (51159 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Promises To Open Borders If Elected. / Bless Nigeria No NWO Open Borders / Meet The Poor People Paid N5000 Every Month By Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by airbrush: 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
RichDad1:
Hope the useless neighbors have learnt their lessons.

stupid generation listen! the border is just to secure the fraud supreme court verdict.

that have came and pass so the border will now open

Nigeria is sick under APC and Buhari

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Beremx(f): 3:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
Finally!! My prayers have been answered.

Those who called me names like thief and smuggler just because of my stand on this border issue, may God forgive you all
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 03, 2019
elijahozzy:

True but our vice president signed a deal with vietnam do start building company in Nigeria, instead of vietnam shipping into Nigeria, if am wrong OP prove me wrong because na you post the news for Nairaland, Vietnam rice is one of the best in the world
Have you seen any site where Vietnam is building rice industry in Nigeria? Pls show me with pics as proof.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by wman(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
maynation:

You are just laying emphasis on the same point.

Dear, stop fantasizing about this 21st century China's economical reformations.

Go back to history, now China has all it takes to preach whatever she wants.

Do you know there was a time China didn't allow a single foreigner into her nation let alone products? How comes you are not talking about this?

Closing the borders was one of the worst mistake China made in her history. She only started becoming a world power in the 1970s when she reversed the decision. Read books, browse the internet and learn things for yourself. Stop regurgitating what you hear unlearned people say.

When China opened up in the 1980s, its vast population turbocharged global trade almost overnight.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Japhet31: 3:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:
Does it mean Nigeria has achieved her objective of becoming self sufficient in rice production so soon? undecided

I don't get it...

What was d main objective?
What has Nigeria achieved?
What next?

Your Guess is as good as everyone else's.... not much in my opinion
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Bizibi(m): 3:30pm On Nov 03, 2019
TemmyT002:

Don't mind them
I hope they take notice of you and hire you to help them.
the border closure opened my eyes and ears to many things.i found out that Nigeria produces enough rice that can feed Nigerians and she can make a lot of revenue from it's exports. I got to know that they produce it here,export it and import it through our ports to sell as foreign rice.

The border closure is supposed to make the fg formulate any policy that will help bring down the price of rice and also empower rice producers because some of the rice producers are the elites.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Kingv(m): 3:41pm On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:
Does it mean Nigeria has achieved her objective of becoming self sufficient in rice production so soon? undecided

I don't get it...

What next?

I weep for this clueless men in the hem of affairs
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Nwadiuto247: 3:43pm On Nov 03, 2019
Just30:
grin grin grin grin grin

you sound funny and stupid at the same time grin grin grin grin grin grin

Can you explain why the prices of food is only increasing in your country Nigeria since the border closure
and there are shortages everywhere ?

meanwhile, all the economies in West Africa have not even noticed your border closure ?

Your president is wailing, his ministers are wailing, you and your fellow are here wailing yet you still want us to believe your foolishness. Na wa for you Ghana wailer..
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Ipodisacriminal: 3:57pm On Nov 03, 2019
Lewisalexander:

The dollad will not eat our local rice

Yes brother the dullard will not eat our local rice lae lae
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by musicwriter(m): 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:

I don't get it...

What next?

Absolutely nothing achieved. Its a sheer waste of time. Nigeria even export more to West African countries than them to us.

What next? Business would go back as usual once the border opened because closing the border was never the solution.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by RichDad1(m): 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
airbrush:

stupid generation listen! the border is just to secure the fraud supreme court verdict.

that have came and pass so the border will now open

Nigeria is sick under APC and Buhari
I know your type. So I won’t dignify you with your expected response.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Japhet31: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2019
deepwater:
Below was my post on this thread weeks ago - 11OCT 2019

https://www.nairaland.com/5465156/border-closure-daily-pms-consumption#83037303

truth is that most nigerians are new to the internet and react newly to things that has been happening for ages!
it pains some people when they see the Christians celebrate heavily at yuletide season, one way to stop this is to instill hardship by closing the borders....

as earlier mentioned, argue with your talisman grin

Well according to BUSINESSARENAA the whole Northern land borders are also affected too this time around
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Nobody: 4:11pm On Nov 03, 2019
Government of future tense! angry

Ah, nawa! sad

What economic significance did the closure serve? You guessed right. Absolutely nothing. Any positive impact? Not even the slightest.

By January now, the news on FP will be like 'Nigerian Government to Open Borders in May'.

Government of the clowns, for themselves (the clowns) and by the clowns.

Zoogeria.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by einsteine(m): 4:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
After Aboki smugglers must have cashed out big time smuggling stuff over the porous borders on their end. Touché
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by benpuzzy(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2019
We must survive.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by einsteine(m): 4:39pm On Nov 03, 2019
maynation:

And China that closed down her borders for years now Nko? The economy isn't growing?

Please swerve with your 'evening paper' analysis.

This fallacy again.

When China closed its borders, the economy did not grow, poverty was rife and people died from hunger.

China’a economy started growing when they abolished autarky and allowed people to come trade with them.

Same thing with Japan. Their flirtation with autarky did not end well. They needed open borders to become the fastest growing economy in the world.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Bimpe29: 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2019
God will not make it harder for the masses.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Just30: 4:49pm On Nov 03, 2019
Nwadiuto247:

Your president is wailing, his ministers are wailing, you and your fellow are here wailing yet you still want us to believe your foolishness. Na wa for you Ghana wailer..
grin grin grin

why would i wail when my commodities prices are not going up ?

i heard there are serious cases of malnutrition already grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by galadima77(m): 4:52pm On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:

I don't get it...

What next?

Of course next thing is to tax everything within Nigeria... These politicians already have us by the ba!!s
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by GoldHorse(m): 4:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
Why na?
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by mormoney85(m): 5:02pm On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:

I don't get it...

What next?
nothing is all about Christmas that'll
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Just30: 5:05pm On Nov 03, 2019
Nwadiuto247:

Ghana noise maker pls don't worry yourself about our economy. Pls sell all the rice you imported your Ghana people.

Nigerians are already losing interest in rice. The demand for rice will soon go down here. Just note it
grin grin grin grin

we produce 750-800 thousand metric tonnes of rice and consume just a little over 1 million tonnes of rice

so as you can see, we dont import much rice

though it still contributes to a large part of what we import
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by ofiko123(m): 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2019
Nice one.. Kudos to the president and the commander in chief of the armed forces of the federal republic of Nigeria..
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by AuwalYusuf812(m): 5:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
buhari
an idiot
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by ernieboy(m): 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2019
Noel1:

I don't get it...

What next?
bro thank you, I never knew some nairalanders have this deep sense of reasoning, look all the peeps b4 making all sorts of irrelevant comments. the question remains: as an economic policy has the objective been achieved? is our local rice industry now robust and s lf sufficient? do we now have a reformed customs service that can checkmate smuggling? looking at this I think it has been a sadistic exercise in futility.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by elijahozzy(m): 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
cucumbae:
Have you seen any site where Vietnam is building rice industry in Nigeria? Pls show me with pics as proof.

Yeah on Nairaland Man. Or search about the news na lol funny man

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Legendguru: 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2019
Who cares
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by oladeebo: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
...hope there won't be bullets rice trailer captured by them which will lead to eternal closure... Pray, Ghanian pray.
Oladeebo
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Area4Area: 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
The FG would still look for reasons to extend beyond January, Ghanaians and Nigerian smugglers should just start getting ready to cry.
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by Dipsonkky(m): 7:38pm On Nov 03, 2019
id911:
You close borders but you continue to pay customs their salaries and the CG Of Customs, whose duty is to check smuggling along the borders, has not been sack. Why not disband the Nigeria Customs Service since they have failed in their duties to police the borders and close the borders indefinitely? Using archaic method to solve contemporary problems can't solve anything but will rather aggravate it.
Very useless Government

U have oil in ur head......I follow u
Re: Nigerian Government to Open Borders Next January by front4aru(m): 8:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
I tire o! I don't even what the christians folks have done to deserve all these Ill treatment. The strategy is clear, why opening it by January when he knows that all the christians celebration must have been over and the Islam celebration coming up then.May God help us with this kind of leader we have.
deepwater:
Below was my post on this thread weeks ago - 11OCT 2019

https://www.nairaland.com/5465156/border-closure-daily-pms-consumption#83037303

truth is that most nigerians are new to the internet and react newly to things that has been happening for ages!
it pains some people when they see the Christians celebrate heavily at yuletide season, one way to stop this is to instill hardship by closing the borders....

as earlier mentioned, argue with your talisman grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hijab Crisis: Kwara Is Muslim State, Take Your Mission Schools To Rivers - MURIC / PHOTOS: Man Walking From Lagos To Abuja In Honor Of Buhari / Osinbajo Spotted At US Airport As Nigerians Commend His Simplicity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.