Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Atheists Dating In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Atheists Dating In Nigeria (2058 Views)

What's The Difference Between Dating In Your 20s And 30s? / Any Hope For Atheist Dating In Nigeria? / 2 Colleagues Fight Over Same Man They Are Dating In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Dating In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 5:15am On Nov 04, 2019
Are any free thinkers, agnostics, atheists, etc here dating in Nigeria or dating Nigerians?

How was the journey and what advice do you have?

I'm talking about serious dating, with the possibility of marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:18am On Nov 04, 2019
Let me camp here and grin
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by duduade: 5:29am On Nov 04, 2019
Following bumper to bumper
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by sweetonugbu: 5:50am On Nov 04, 2019
Present

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Curtisaxel7(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2019
The truth is, we are very few here in this part of the world. Finding an atheist partner who meets all your requirements go hard oh. I can't even remember the last time I met a female atheist in real life, talk more of dating one.....

Hmm. I may end up marrying a Christian sister oh, make we dey manage am laidatgrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 8:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
I'm in the same boat, my brother. The person I am currently talking with suspects that I am not Christian but I have neither denied nor confirmed. I am waiting until we are ready to take the next serious step before laying it all out.

Curtisaxel7:
The truth is, we are very few here in this part of the world. Finding an atheist partner who meets all your requirements go hard oh. I can't even remember the last time I met a female atheist in real life, talk more of dating one.....

Hmm. I may end up marrying a Christian sister oh, make we dey manage am laidatgrin
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Okoroawusa: 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
Present!!!
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Olorunnim: 9:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
I've dated two Atheists, and we did some really crazy stuffs.
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2020
Are you an atheist?
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Mekanus(m): 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2020
It's hard to find female atheists in naija ooo. Best bet is just to find a Christian or Muslim girl that's not a religious fanatic.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by jrobbins: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hmm. I remember breaking up with my first, second and third because they all knew I wasn't religious?

I never compromised about it though it's hard, I finally found someone who accepted me and she later converted (wrong choice of word). She started thinking things through before believing.

PS:
The only time I lied was once in Jalingo(even claimed to be a Muslim, �, from a Christian family o) to get something
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by IamDavids: 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
I told my current gf a lie I was formerly an agnostic, and that I'm now a Christian. The babe no even sabi wetin I mean until I explain. She just dey look me like one weirdo.

It's very difficult in this part of the world. Btw I'm still an agnostic.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by WakeNbaked: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
Don't wear it as an identify or to define your personality, basically don't be asshole and flow with everyone.

There have been atheist for thousand of years, your choice of believe/unbelieve is not original don't wear it like some batch of honor.

Be excellent to one another.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by NiCurious: 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
Atheists and agnostics in Nigeria are far and few between. Cooooooks, you're part time in Montreal, you will have better luck there!

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by WakeNbaked: 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2020
Chii59:
Are you an atheist?
Isn't it obvious, or that's a way of resurrecting the conversation.
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2020
WakeNbaked:

Isn't it obvious, or that's a way of resurrecting the conversation.
Last time I checked, you aren't cooooooks. Shift undecided

1 Like

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by WakeNbaked: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2020
Chii59:

Last time I checked, you aren't cooooooks. Shift undecided
Hey chill, no one is being aggressive with you.
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
WakeNbaked:

Hey chill, no one is being aggressive with you.
You were passively aggressive. You started it. Shift undecided
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by WakeNbaked: 7:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
Chii59:

You were passively aggressive. You started it. Shift undecided
Ok
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 5:58am On Aug 14, 2020
Nigeria has ~200 million residents

There are plenty of non religious people in we country. And that's before we count the non religious who (sometimes) attend church.

NiCurious:
Atheists and agnostics in Nigeria are far and few between. Cooooooks, you're part time in Montreal, you will have better luck there!

1 Like

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 6:04am On Aug 14, 2020
I don't use any specific terms.

I don't believe the Bible is "God's word".

The Christian religion(s) which is supposed to follow this Bible is anything to everybody, too materialistic and does not prioritize human beings in the here and now.

Chii59:
Are you an atheist?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 6:09am On Aug 14, 2020
It isn't a badge of honour.

I raised the thread because I know that many churches preach very strongly about being "unequally yoked".

When I was a Christian and following the standard, accepted doctrines, it is not advised (read wrong) to marry someone who isn't Christian. Some churches don't even want you to marry an "outsider" #brotherlylove. grin

WakeNbaked:
Don't wear it as an identify or to define your personality, basically don't be asshole and flow with everyone.

There have been atheist for thousand of years, your choice of believe/unbelieve is not original don't wear it like some batch of honor.

Be excellent to one another.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 14, 2020
cooooooks:
I don't use any specific terms.

I don't believe the Bible is "God's word".

The Christian religion(s) which is supposed to follow this Bible is anything to everybody, too materialistic and does not prioritize human beings in the here and now.

My beliefs are altogether different from yours entirely. Nevertheless... Its all good
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 14, 2020
cooooooks:
It isn't a badge of honour.

I raised the thread because I know that many churches preach very strongly about being "unequally yoked".

When I was a Christian and following the standard, accepted doctrines, it is not advised (read wrong) to marry someone who isn't Christian. Some churches don't even want you to marry an "outsider" #brotherlylove. grin

Not just Christianity. Not just churches. Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. Its the same. Similar beliefs brings people together as it has for millenias. If for example, I marry an atheist, I can be sure that my children will not grow up in a religious setting. The question is "do I want that?"
I don't. But someone else may not mind.
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2020
I don't think Buddhism has those limitations unlike the other more structured religions.

Inter-religious partnerships/marriages; like inter-tribal/racial relationships are not uncommon, including in Nigeria.

The west is replete with this including people like Fashola & I believe Tinubu. In the SS/SE, what is more common is a situation where the mom raises the kids in the church while the dad doesn't go or doesn't go often.

Also, I think there is a difference between cultural Christianity and religious Christianity. So there are some people who do not believe or believe "strongly" but still consider themselves Christian.

Chii59:

Not just Christianity. Not just churches. Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism etc. Its the same. Similar beliefs brings people together as it has for millenias. If for example, I marry an atheist, I can be sure that my children will not grow up in a religious setting. The question is "do I want that?"
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
The world's a big place, if we can't all live together with the many different views we have, wahala go plenty!

Chii59:

My beliefs are altogether different from yours entirely. Nevertheless... Its all good
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2020
cooooooks:
The world's a big place, if we can't all live together with the many different views we have, wahala go plenty!

That's true wink

1 Like

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by WakeNbaked: 4:33pm On Aug 14, 2020
Chii59:

Why would you want your children to grow up in a religious setting?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
WakeNbaked:

Why would you want your children to grow up in a religious setting?
Why did you decide to become an atheist?
Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by WakeNbaked: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
Chii59:

Why did you decide to become an atheist?
A better question should be 'how' and not 'why'. 'Why' indicate motive but 'how' shows process.

Like for instance the how on the process you became a Christian is most likely through birth into a Christian family but for an atheist it has to do with getting to the age of reasoning, where you question ideologies.

12 Likes

Re: Atheists Dating In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 14, 2020
I park here fess cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pick One: An Educated Poor Guy Or A Multi-billionaire Illiterate? / Man Reveals How A Newly Married Woman Asked Him To Be Her Boyfriend / She's Three Years Older Than Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.