Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again (26420 Views)

ASUU: "Again, ASUU/FG Meeting ended With Dreadlock" / Strike: NANS Urges FG And ASUU To Negotiate / ASUU STRIKE: ASUU Again Gives Conditions To Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
yaki84:

I still remember when gej wanted implementing this ippis then on all unis n assu went on strike, apc supoorted their action. What a pathetic hypocritical party.
Watch as zombies will be lauding this feat

Are you well?Post receipts of when APC stood against FG putting Lecturers on IPPIS. You really need to grow up

1 Like

Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
bizme:
Many of the re.tards commenting here will someday join the university system after their curse of unemployment/underemployment is finally lifted. Then they will change their voices in defense of their union and against the hypocrisy of the Nigerian government.

It is evident that the writing posted by the Op was paid for by a mischievous government that is bent on misinforming the public. The government has suddenly become accepted by an unthinking online mob as the white horse gallantly fighting corruption. And IPPIS has suddenly become the symbolic tool to accomplish that. Are you guys in.sane or just on cheap weed? The same government that sponsors and worships corruption at every level?
Is it the same government that TinuBullion van is a core part of and EFCC has refused to probe?
Is it the same government that GanDollar is assiduously working for and Buhari has refused to comment about?
Is it the same government that spends $3b in a year on the president's travels abroad?
Is it the same government that budgets unspeakable amount of money for the Aso Rock clinic only for Buhari at the slightest excuse jet out to UK, Germany etc just to take his BP and body temperature?
Is it the same government where Buhari corruptly used government's resources to fight the presidential petition appeal, a very private matter?
Is it the same government that spends billions to fund private pilgrimage trips to Jerusalem and Meccah?
Is it the same government that looks on as police men, SARS, FRSC and so on extort Nigerians daily on our roads without doing absolutely anything about it?
Is it the same government that corners slots for all juicy jobs for its politicians, where the children of nobody no matter how intelligent, smart, and hardworking they are can never aspire to get jobs in those establishments?
Is it the same government that looks on as electricity distribution companies extort Nigerians in the name of estimated billing without supplying them the power they pay for?
Is it this same government that has refused to fund the education sector?
Is it this same government that is systematically snuffing life out of public tertiary institutions to forcefully create an appealing market for private universities founded by the beneficiaries of political offices?

Ask any federal higher educational institutions to tell you the last time government allocation was received for the running of departments. Most departments in years have not been able to run laboratory practicals: That is because the last time any meaningful allocation was received from the Federal Government was during Obasanjo's time. Those talking nonsens.e here should go and confirm that... instead of running your mouths about things you do not understand. How many of your friends and families that are lecturers that you know have jobs in multiple universities?
I can categorically say here that it is a lie from the pit of hell that most federal government lecturers hold multiple jobs. It is a petty mischief from the government. Only few lecturers who are the most senior ones qualify to hold adjunct lecturership, and that is only possible with the written permission of the University leadership. One of the main reasons that adjunct lecturership has remained is because this same Federal government claiming is not ready to employ new graduates. About few years ago Faculty of Law at OAU, Dentistry at OAU, Faculty of Pharmacy at UI, and so on lost accreditation essentially because they don't have sufficient number of academic staff. Those University professors working as adjuncts in other Federal universities are doing more of humanitarian service to help with the academic responsibilities in that second university. Especially because many of them don't get their allowances in those secondary places paid. Same with the work of the external examiners. University lecturers are employed for to conduct research and to teach; not just to teach. When a lecturer is on research leave or visit, he does not have to inform the students about his movements. He informs constituted authorities within the university system. In an ideal setting, the teaching duties of such a lecturer should be given another lecturer who is on ground. However, the setting we have on our hands in Nigeria is hardly ideal. How many departments in Nigerian universities can boast of having 5 or more Phd holders? Even that number is not enough to decently run any course in our universities. Why then won't universities welcome adjunct lecturership and sabbaticals where the departments get to utilize personnel in other institutions in training their students? And those personnel, should they not be paid for that extra labour?

The truth is that, most of the m.idgets running their mouths anyhow on this platform are/were terrible specimens of students. The same institutions where you claim a lecturer did this and did that, there are sterling examples of lecturers that give more than what is demanded by call of duty. That same university and course produce brilliant graduates that the Universities and Nigeria are proud of. Unfortunately it is these few untrainable products that have the loudest voice; together with no job, there is the perfect recipe for spewing nonsense...

FACT: An average university lecturer knows nothing about multiple jobs.
FACT: ASUU is not in any way in charge of recruitment of staff and cannot be blamed for any incident of illegal multiple jobs.
FACT: Any multiple jobs must have their root solidly in the Admin, Bursary and VC's corner.
FACT: ASUU and most VCs don't usually get along because the later are usually seeking avenues to maximize the lean university resources.
FACT: So, if the FG's spurious claim of multiple jobs and corruption is true, it is the University Admin and not ASUU that should resist IPPIS.

If the FG is sincere and not merely pushing for IPPIS as a way of muzzling associations and trade unions, let FG instruct its program developers to modify the IPPIS in way that it captures the university lecturers' legitimate peculiarities. This should be done before migrating university lecturers to the platform, and not after.

See this one.

Oga try visiting other federal and state schools before you come here to justify ASUU's selfish stance. You're trying to sound smart but most of the stuff you typed there is trash. Absolute trash. I repeat: Visit other federal schools and see how useless most lecturers can be. Since you want to be evasive, I'll play the game with you.

1 Like

Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by yaki84: 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
Lucid1:

Are you well?Post receipts of when APC stood against FG putting Lecturers on IPPIS. You really need to grow up
Are u apc apologist?
Pls u need to sit up.
U dont expect me to post any thing when from the top echeleon of apc to the least, they hv masters in lying.
Did apc support assu when they strike in 2014?
Yes they did.
Lai moh'd was all over the place using itas campaign just to curry votes.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by yaki84: 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
SEGLIZ:

it is obvious you are confused.
Its glaring u r ass licker.
Continue, u think u r doing me....
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
yaki84:

Are u apc apologist?
Pls u need to sit up.
U dont expect me to post any thing when from the top echeleon of apc to the least, they hv masters in lying.
Did apc support assu when they strike in 2014?
Yes they did.
Lai moh'd was all over the place using itas campaign just to curry votes.

Stop being vague, I'm still waiting for the receipts.

I want to see specifics
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by yaki84: 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
Lucid1:

Stop being vague, I'm still waiting for the receipts.

I want to see specifics
Check bubu arse.

Thnk me lera...

Can i have peace please....

Imagine agric ministry doing procurement for health ministry....

U still need specifics abi...
Check aso rock
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
yaki84:

Check bubu arse.

Thnk me lera...

Can i have peace please....

Imagine agric ministry doing procurement for health ministry....

U still need specifics abi...
Check aso rock

SMH. Please you don't need to reply again. Enjoy your bliss
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by SEGLIZ: 1:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
yaki84:

Its glaring u r ass licker.
Continue, u think u r doing me....

monkey like you.
who get your time?
better go for lunch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by yaki84: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
SEGLIZ:

monkey like you.
who get your time?
better go for lunch.
Wee u kia to join me?

Gorrilla..
Infact gorrila na handsome mammal, orangutang.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by nairaland2500: 2:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
Everyone is complaining about ASUU
No one complains about Federal Government not recruiting enough staff in the Public Universities
No one complains about Politicians not slashing their salaries
No one complains about the President also acting as Minister of Petroleum at thesame time

All decisions made by the Federal Government is to exploit the common man
When ASUU and FG fight is the poor masses that suffer. Their kids are in private universities and abroad. When there is strike they won't be affected.

If FG really has the love of this country at heart they should start by slashing salaries of political officeholders.
How many lecturers are millionaires? How many lecturers live exotic and wasteful life?

They said TSA will help the country, up till now have not seen what positive benefit we've derived from it. Instead, we hear of billions of naira they are using to service the TSA every month. Who is deceiving who?
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by Anyi3(m): 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
LadySarah:
If i rem Dr Dike who would never b seen in School till one week pre exam and then compress a sem lecture in one day,i'd support IPPIS.
If i rem Dr Am who lectured in 3 universities at that time,robbing us of valusble lecture time.i'd accept.
A project supervisor never seen becsuse he is on sabbatical leave without a replacement.

Or was Dr Anya who surfaced on vals day to Teach a topic Eng 301 that would.have 40percent Mark only.

I also know that it is the grass that suffers when two elephants fight.so i'd say Sort it out.Nigerian Students have suffered enough!

Lol FUTO right?
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by SEGLIZ: 2:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
yaki84:

Wee u kia to join me?

Gorrilla..
Infact gorrila na handsome mammal, orangutang.

what are you having for lunch?
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by yaki84: 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
SEGLIZ:

what are you having for lunch?

Plantain chips
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by SEGLIZ: 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
yaki84:

Plantain chips

snack is a good one for lunch but would that get you filled?
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by yaki84: 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2019
SEGLIZ:

snack is a good one for lunch but would that get you filled?
Na orobo plantain chips....

Its like u dont knw anything
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by Krizeukay: 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
ASUU members are bunch of comedians, i really support govt on this. The should join IPPIS and stop their corrupt practices.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by SEGLIZ: 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
yaki84:

Na orobo plantain chips....

Its like u dont knw anything

then a step down with orobo beverage under this hot sun, that rather good.
don't tell me you're a glutton.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by yaki84: 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
SEGLIZ:

then a step down with orobo beverage under this hot sun, that rather good.
don't tell me you're a glutton.
Who no be glutton?

Even awa plesiden budgeted millions for just food....
N billions to clean the shit he will shit.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by SEGLIZ: 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
yaki84:

Who no be glutton?

Even awa plesiden budgeted millions for just food....
N billions to clean the shit he will shit.

you are not serious.
I would love to have my own share of the chips.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by bloggingjoy: 9:19am On Nov 05, 2019
On the off chance that you are chasing for another format or subject for your blog, this is the correct spot for you. If you don't mind check the Template Monster Promo codes for your sites by opening Best Siteground plan these selective limits here.Tesla Themes – These are an amazing significant accumulation and well-coded configuration subjects for a specialty web journals. Buy one subject at $39 and participate in the club enrollment to get an additional rebate.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by anibestlala(m): 12:23am On Nov 07, 2019
AsomArchitectNG:
As the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) yet again assails the nation with threats of industrial action, it must realise that its antics are becoming increasingly counter-productive and irrelevant.

The cause of ASUU’s latest grouse is the Federal Government’s directive that all employees in its establishments be enrolled in the Integrated Personnel Payment Information System (IPPIS) before the end of October 2019. The union has rejected inclusion in IPPIS since February 2014, arguing that the councils of federal universities were the direct employers of academic staff rather than the Federal Government, and that the system did not account for the peculiarities of universities. It also claimed that flaws had been detected when IPPIS was implemented in the healthcare sector.

Following the government’s threat that any employee who did not enroll on IPPIS by the October deadline would not be paid their salaries, ASUU has restated its strike warning. The union has directed its members not to fill the personnel verification forms which require the inclusion of IPPIS numbers and has taken its case to the Senate.

For a union exclusively comprised of academics, it is surprising that ASUU would actually dare to make patently pedestrian arguments the basis of its anti-IPPIS stance.

It is disingenuous of the union to claim that university councils are the direct employers of academics when it is common knowledge that all staff in federal universities are paid by the Federal Government. That is the reason why ASUU negotiates with government officials rather than university councils during its many disputes over salaries and conditions of service.

It is also the reason why the union has never pushed its vaunted claims to university autonomy to their logical conclusion by demanding that the Federal Government stop funding federal universities. Clearly, ASUU does not wish to pay the piper while reserving the right to dictate the tune.

Related to this is the ludicrous assertion that IPPIS cannot cater to the peculiar circumstances of university work, especially the consultancies, adjunct lectureships, sabbatical leave and external assessment that are a regular feature of academic life. Not only does this contradict the initial position that IPPIS undermines university autonomy, it arrogantly implies that federal universities are somehow more complicated to run than the ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs) that are already on IPPIS, including the armed forces and research institutes.

ASUU’s claims that IPPIS lacks constitutional backing and is unsupported by any act of the National Assembly are similarly groundless. IPPIS is a policy enunciated by the Federal Government through its Ministry of Finance which is constitutionally empowered to formulate and implement such programmes because they fall within the remit of its legally-defined responsibilities. ASUU’s check-off dues do not have constitutional backing, either; that has not stopped the union from avidly collecting them.

In behaving with such petulance, ASUU is displaying itself at its very worst, showing itself to be obtuse, selfish, and stubbornly determined to get its own way, regardless of the cost to the rest of society. This is the same union which similarly claimed that the Treasury Single Account (TSA) policy could not work in universities, and advanced almost the same arguments of autonomy and peculiarity that it is pushing now.

While the implementation of IPPIS has not been perfect, its advantages cannot be doubted. In June, the Accountant-General of the Federation, Mr. Ahmed Idris, claimed that N273.8 billion had been saved in 2017 and 2018 as a result of IPPIS. At least 561 MDAs are on the system, with a total staff count of 755,422. Combined with TSA, the system has helped government to get a grip on the vexed issues of transparency and probity in payroll management.

The desperation with which ASUU is fighting against the implementation of IPPIS in federal universities has led to speculations that it is doing so because enrolling in the system would expose those academics who have multiple full-time jobs in several federal establishments. Regardless of the merits of such claims, it is surprising that a union which consistently claims to seek transparency and accountability in national life would be so loth to apply those same principles to itself.

ASUU’s antics are paradoxically turning it into an anti-democratic union – a hypocritical body which cannot hold itself to the standards it consistently advocates for others. Its usually loud voice was uncharacteristically muted when the BBC’s “Sex for Grades” documentary was broadcast last month. It has rarely spoken out against the many other abuses perpetrated by its members, especially plagiarism, the sale of handouts, age manipulation and certificate forgery. Its continual emphasis on salaries and benefits have conspired to create a public image for itself as a greedy cash-and-carry group, and its latest fulminations against IPPIS only serve to entrench this unflattering perception.

If ASUU truly wishes to live up to its own noble ideals, it must work with the Federal Government to implement a policy that can only enhance the transparency, accountability and integrity it so strenuously professes to be fighting for.

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/there-goes-ASUU-again/
This ASUU Ippis saga has to be understand from both sides. Read this from ASUU :Hello the unroll you asked for: Thread by @UchePOkoye: "IPPIS: FG, ASUU and peoples' perception. Before you judge people, before you rage your anger on them, take a little time […]" #Thread #ASUU https:///I7hcizTJfr
See you soon. �
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by techwith1: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2019
Let us presently go to the principle theme of this post. In this article, I am going to utilize an infographic to give you data about the best record sharing applications for Android. You ought to techwithgeeks.com likewise look at Shareit for workstation have curated a rundown of five such astounding applications and have referenced them in the infographic.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by fashionbeauty: 10:29am On Dec 16, 2019
with major fortitude, for example, aircraft coats, edited abestfashion denim and the new explanation accessory. They're turning out to be a piece of the group of style apparatuses (à la the little dark dress and the beige channel coat) and universal as closet distinct advantages, bound to stay nearby long in the wake of spring says goodbye to us. With the new season days away, it's a great opportunity to plan to have a style illicit relationship with these seven fashion choices.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by frasesparaen1: 8:12am On Dec 25, 2019
The following are numerous great commemoration cites that you can use to welcome your better half on your exceptional day. While picking a statement, you may even need to consider the year that you frasesparaenamorarz.com have had together. You may even ponder your relationship the previous barely any years. Where do you see you and your life partner later on? What are the characteristics that you love about this individual the most.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by crictetaz: 10:09am On Jan 06, 2020
The primary semi-last observed association toppers Royals destroy Delhi Daredevils as Aussie all-rounder Shane Watson put in an extraordinary show. Rulers XI Punjab were no match the nature of cricket videos Chennai Super Kings in the second semi-last and we had the finalists who were to battle it out to turn into the first historically speaking victors of IPL. Not given an opportunity by anybody, the Royals opposed the chances to overcome the top picks Chennai Super Kings in a firmly challenged last. Warne went down as a bonafide Royals' legend, yet the Australian has now uncovered that his association with the Royals was an enthusiastic one, yet one that likewise included part proprietorship.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by SocialMediaA12: 8:49am On Jan 11, 2020
This will assist you with adhering to a standard calendar (it's particularly imperative to make new substance all the time on the off chance that you have a blog), just as keep you from scrambling to think of a point for new substance ultimately. http://www.yeors.com/
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by starwarsapk: 6:03am On Jan 15, 2020
Help them get a few tins from the kitchen, at that point pick which jars are worth 10p, 20p or £1 in imagine cash. Have a go at making your own paper coins together (10p, 20p and £1). Next, conclude who will be https://www.apkguides.com/lego-star-wars-apk.html the retailer and who will be the client. You could take it in goes to shop utilizing the cash you made and see who gets the best deal!Why not give your youngster a plan challenge, and get them to make their very own monetary order or coin? They can choose how a lot of
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by cartgekz: 6:25am On Jan 15, 2020
From scanning for watchwords (additionally your rivals) to improving your site and overhauling quality score. In the event that you don't feel sure about these zones, the projects will Cart Geek support you and guide through. Particularly in the event that you are a NGO and don't have much time to spend on every perspective except you need to do this great and quick.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by Ebenezar2020(m): 9:00am On Jan 15, 2020
Salvador1:
Thank God I'm now a graduate.

To hell with ASUU and their wahala.
as in eh! I can't wait to free myself from these useless nonentities.
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by Bradiyung(m): 9:12am On Jan 15, 2020
I don't just understand this selfish organization we call ASUU, accept this IPPIS and let us rest, if the government doesn't pay you then you can go on strike but right now I don't see genuine reasons not to accept it.

Just because ASUU has a lot of effect on Nigeria Universities any little thing is strike, disrupting people's plans........ Not surprised some Universities are gradually pulling out of ASUU
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by HealthyFalcon: 10:22am On Jan 16, 2020
Definition of Health

To make certain desirable health of your falcon, ordinary check u.S.A.Are important and specialists advise and common of eight to 10 visits yearly to a medical center. Healthy Falcon

Health Stop Watch gives a massive type of timers for all your laboratory desires.

TIPS is an abbreviation of a long and incomprehensible (for laymen) time period transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt. Health Tutor Tips

The happiest moms don't compare and compete. Neither they, nor their children, nor their vehicles, nor their houses should be the best, cutest, latest, or neatest. Healthy Mom Kids

Healthy. After 15 years, Health Zone's diet and weight loss plans are still one of the safest and most effective techniques to be had to shed pounds and hold it off. Health Zone Tips
Re: IPPIS And ASUU: There Goes ASUU Again by dentallcard: 6:12am On Jan 21, 2020
On the off chance that you need dental protection or need to enhance the expense of your consideration, we acknowledge adaptable financing under the CareCredit program. dental solutions Financing soothes the prompt weight of installment by letting you spread your dental costs after some time in littler regularly scheduled payments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between NOUN Certificate & Regular University Certificate? / Statistics Of Out Of School Children Per Regions In Nigeria / Uproar Over Death Of 4 Cadets In NDA, 53 Others Expelled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.