Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (45885 Views)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by henrylowe(m): 7:51am On Nov 04, 2019
There has been a lingering battle in my area for the past ten years between the landlords and land grabbers known as Omo Onile. It's in Idimu (Mafon and Egunje Bus Stop axis)

If my memory serves me right, they've come more than four different times with thugs and policemen to raid and destroy people's properties. But this time, they came again with a stronger force on Friday, November 1st with a "court order" that they've finally been granted ownership and possession of the land, and accordingly to them, their family brought the land way back in 1975.

They brought over twenty thugs including policemen to start terrorizing people. They chased both tenants and landlords from their houses and locked them out. The most saddening part is that these thugs now work as night guards just to ensure anyone who breaks the padlock is beaten to pulp.

They were out on the watch to ensure nobody made a coverage of it and I can remember how the policemen that came along with them descended on a young man and beat him up for taking pictures of the event.

Even the so lawyers of these land grabbers were the ones giving orders and motivating these thugs to be breaking people's doors and bringing out theirs properties before locking them out with their own keys. They don't care if have Cof

Now, no one can enter their houses. Many people can't even go to work as they are now are now sleeping elsewhere. No empathy at all for both pregnant women and nursing mothers.

Now they are demanding for ratification from landlords on the said lands in which failure to do so will result to demolishing of their houses by this family. I heard they are making outrageous demands from these men who are already at their old age.

The earlier Lagos state government addresses this issue, the better.

I decided to bring this up on Nairaland so the whole world can see the inhumane action of land grabbers melted on people

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by henrylowe(m): 7:52am On Nov 04, 2019
Pictures loading up

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by popsy2(m): 7:54am On Nov 04, 2019
Dread them
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by ladilawal82(m): 8:03am On Nov 04, 2019
Gobe cool
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by henrylowe(m): 8:09am On Nov 04, 2019
More

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Jasen1(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2019
Hmmmm

Lalasticala
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by henrylowe(m): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2019
More pictures

3 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Mutemenot(m): 8:31am On Nov 04, 2019
That's how new governors compensate their boys.. All they want is money and everything 'll be over. It has become a tradition in Nigerian politics..

22 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by henrylowe(m): 8:34am On Nov 04, 2019
Lalasticlala please come around
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by henrylowe(m): 9:23am On Nov 04, 2019
School children locked out of their school

Lalasticlala

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Hadekolarh: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2019
Thanks for this post, may God continue to bless you. This is my dad area. My dad house was locked up and also my mom shop. They throw both my dad and mom out of the house since last week Friday.

They march my parent out of their house and also other landlords with about 20 thugs, the thugs are the one incharge of the whole houses keys, it's the thugs that took over from the the policemen when they left on Friday. The thugs are with charms and some dangerous weapons.

They brought about 10 policemen from Idimu division. They all came with full force threaten to kill any of the residence that refuse to move out of their house.

Since Friday no shop and schools were open even till now.

Presently some families who refuse to open their gates has been locked up and imprison them since Friday. This is getting out of hand

Also there's a man of 80yrs old in my dad area that was thrown out with a gun point and brought out his properties. As I'm telling you this particular man is presently in the hospital.

This is the address of the affected place where this so called land grabbers came to operate is mafon/idimu.

When you're coming from ejigbo going toward idimu. There is a particular place called mafon. From mafon to church bus stop. Adekola street/ akhilele street/ monsurat okuleye street/akinwumi koshemani street/ Yomi shofumade street and also some houses that face the main road going toward idimu or Christland college school area. This is the best way I can discribe the location.

If you have anyone who live in idimu/ejigbo. Give them a call to confirm this story and you will see its true.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by newlandf: 11:03am On Nov 04, 2019
They will build no school anymore,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKAaLVNOLw

3 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 04, 2019
nice move

1 Like

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:04am On Nov 04, 2019
We thought they have been banned by the State government

They brought over twenty thugs including policemen to start terrorizing people. They chased both tenants and landlords from their houses and locked them out. The most saddening part is that these thugs now work as night guards just to ensure anyone who breaks the padlock is beaten to pulp.
This is so crazy.
The State government must do something about this rubbish/injustice NOW[!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by tillaman(m): 11:04am On Nov 04, 2019
Now that’s sad and to think that we have a governor with countless commissioners and representatives, it’s a shame that the police are the main culprits,
Policemen and lawyers!

We can only hope this gets the attention of the right quarters

4 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 11:04am On Nov 04, 2019
Wait....

The whole estate is in their possession?

3 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Iamgrey5(m): 11:04am On Nov 04, 2019
Jobless touts

Awon omo Iran ki ran angry

Giving Yorubas a bad name

8 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by MrVagina: 11:05am On Nov 04, 2019
[s]
post=83729735:
We thought they have been banned by the State government
[/s]

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by femmy2010(m): 11:07am On Nov 04, 2019
The current occupant should negotiate with the new owners so they can buy back their lands.

7 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Situation001(m): 11:07am On Nov 04, 2019
o ga oo
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by BlackfireX: 11:08am On Nov 04, 2019
How much is those chairs, I want to buy it....

2 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by adedayourt(m): 11:08am On Nov 04, 2019
OP kindly help me out here. . . .

Ur post reads Idimu (which i assume to be around Isheri Ikotun axis)

But in one of the printed boards der, it reads Ijaiye Ogba ( which is around berger agege axis)

Kindly expanciate for clarity sake
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by mitchyy(f): 11:08am On Nov 04, 2019
Haaa
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by anthony86(m): 11:08am On Nov 04, 2019
All this in Lagos suppose centre of excellence.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Jaqenhghar: 11:08am On Nov 04, 2019
Land grabbers have police back ups and lawyers
[img]https://media1./images/7f4b1ce2a64fe98b16f9bd974a7423e5/tenor.gif?itemid=13245659[/img]

Shithole

32 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Demolishes Adebutu Kessignton, Baba-Ijebu's 4-storey Building / The Safest And Most Private Estates In Lagos? / Portfolio Of Seasoned Builder/engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.