Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,407 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) (45897 Views)

Omo-Onile Signing Fees In Lagos / Share Your Omo-onile (Landowner's Children) Experience. / Omo Onile In Lagos State: Share Your Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by bigcee(m): 1:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
Andhominem:
When we tell pigggiiiddiiottts that they can't really own any land in Lagos, they think we are just blabbing... grin

Okay o... grin
You stup!d o walahi. Ah you really stup!d.

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by perryy(m): 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yinibixema:

Shut up arindin. Na your papa get lagos because lagos is in south yeast ipobian region

Mumu, oponu , ode omoale. In the olden days, was there anything like south west or south East? We all know Oba Ado the first oba of Lagos who is the direct ancestor of the present oba is from Benin. Go and argue with the likes of Akiolu and the Obanikoros whose fore fathers sojouned from Benin to creat a resting place beside the water (Eko nunuanmen) for their people who were mostly warriors. Maybe Eko is a Yoruba name or maybe Idumota or Idumagbo, Agindigbi are Yoruba names. Na who get money get Lagos , a poor man like you have no say in Lagos. Go and hustle ,make money and join us to own Lagos. We are landlords to many Yoruba tenants. If I am a landlord to Yoruba tenants , am I not one of those that own Lagos?��� . What about Lagos omonile who rented my one room self contain apartment? Is he still one of those that own Lagos �����? If yes how? If he claims he owns Lagos, let him not pay his rent as at when due and let me throw his ass out of my apartment.

5 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Yinibixema: 1:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
perryy:

Mumu, oponu , ode omoale. In the olden days, was there anything like south west or south East? We all know Oba Ado the first oba of Lagos who is the direct ancestor of the present oba is from Benin. Go and argue with the likes of Akiolu and the Obanikoros whose fore fathers sojouned from Benin to creat a resting place beside the water (Eko nunuanmen) for their people who were mostly warriors. Maybe Eko is a Yoruba name or maybe Idumota or Idumagbo, Agindigbi are Yoruba names. Na who get money get Lagos , a poor man like you have no say in Lagos. Go and hustle ,make money and join us to own Lagos. We are landlords to many Yoruba tenants. If I am a landlord to Yoruba tenants , am I not one of those that own Lagos?��� . What about Lagos omonile who rented my one room self contain apartment? Is he still one of those that own Lagos �����? If yes how? If he claims he owns Lagos, let him not pay his rent as at when due and let me throw his ass out of my apartment.

Shut Up oloribu. Eko is youba word. Idumota is yoruba word. If you don’t know, kindly ask and stop guessing. So Benin passed Ondo, passed ogun states to own Lagos state arindin oloriburuku, omo adanu. The state government owns the land no matter the mansion you build on it. So stop deceiving yourself and go and develop south yeast okay

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Kennyswagz2: 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
perryy:

see this goat claiming landlordgringringrin when you can't even pay rent for your one roomgringringrin
Foolish omo Igbo claiming jamesbomd on the internetgringrin

1 Like

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2019
This is why i refuse to buy land or build Any property in Lagos. I would probarbly shoot one of these people first, and i wouldn't want that.

3 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Hoodbilonia: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
Thats why i hate lag.
Home of thugs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Housing(m): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
post=83729735:
We thought they have been banned by the State government

This is so crazy.
The State government must do something about this rubbish/injustice NOW[!

From the pictures shared it is an execution of a Court judgment. I pity and sympathies with the victims. They can only negotiate with the new owners of the land. Why don't they joined the suit once they are aware of the legal action. If that was done they can appeal the case and thus make better negotiations.

That being said some land buyers are wicked. In Ikorodu environments lands that were sold to family members for 250k around 2004. Will be invaded by land grabbers and you see Lagosians buying same for 150k in 2011/2012.

Surely the land grabbers will leave and the legal owners will return through legal backing. Then situation like this will arise.
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by GMbuharii: 2:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
These are the type of things, agberoes, mining activities,owo da,these are the things coneheaded structures are known for

cool

2 Likes

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by dederocs(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
Andhominem:

The land can only be leased to them especially those who are not Yoruba... tongue

I sincerely pity all those affected though, but when pigggidddiotts think they are wiser than Yorubas, this is what they get... cool

Please try to make sense, don't derail the thread.

1 Like

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
peeps4u:

You're so naive and myopic.
And you think if everyone begins to do this, Yoruba will not also be affected?

Don't Yoruba have properties in SE and SS? What happens when they are rejected? My uncle, a Yoruba from, gbongan, has his family and house in Bayelsa, has lived all his life there. Intact his children can barely speak Yoruba.

Stop being childish, there is nothing to cheer in this ugly development. Besides, both Yoruba and even non-yoruba are affected in that area.

Stop putting religious or tribal colouration into an issue which affects everyone without even considering your religious or tribal backgrounds.

Save your breath, you don't need to reply such filth*. Tribalism don chop his/her brain..
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by GMbuharii: 3:29pm On Nov 04, 2019
Coneheaded structures and touting Sha!
It's in their black blood, agberoes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by GMbuharii: 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
Andhominem:
When we tell pigggiiiddiiottts that they can't really own any land in Lagos, they think we are just blabbing... grin

Okay o... grin

Don't mind them, especially those two that brought ouy
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Tywo2018: 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
Misinterpretation not Omo Onile is court injunction is a family Land probably is a forest when there forefathers acquire the land.
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Martin0(m): 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
gypsey:
This is why i refuse to buy land or build Any property in Lagos. I would probarbly shoot one of these people first, and i wouldn't want that.

them dey worry nor be small,just imaging their name, "land grabbers"grin

1 Like

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2019
Martin0:

them dey worry nor be small,just imaging their name, "land grabbers"grin
True talk. hey! bro! long time! you still dey Alive? Chai grin
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
Tywo2018:
Misinterpretation not Omo Onile is court injunction is a family Land probably is a forest when there forefathers acquire the land.
undecided undecided
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by LesaSid: 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2019
criminals
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by atilla(m): 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
Andhominem:

Stop ranting like a semi-literate olodo.
There were Yorubas (Aworis) in Lagos before the Obaship came. After the 3rd generation, the Obaship passed from Benin ancestry to Yoruba ancestry via an Ijesha chief priest known as Alagba.

Idumota means Idu knows Ota

Idumagbo means Idu knows Agbo.

Agidingbi must be an Awori dialect. The Awori village is still there.
Thanks for the clarification and wise info. Without people like u some people will start saying next Lagos belongs to the northern people. I was confused when I read Idumota and Idumagbo are not yoruba words.
To add to your post, Agidingbi is one of those areas the origin of their name came from an event that occurred.
See below

Agidingbi
The British Naval forces invaded Lagos in 1885 under the pretext of stopping slavery and human sacrifice. The noise their canon made was really loud, and the sound was heard round the streets of Lagos Island. The people described the sound as “A gb din gbinnn”. Which means a loud groundbreaking noise. The name Agidingbi was borne out of this.
Source. https://nigeriarealestatehub.com/history-behind-names-popular-places-lagos.html/
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by AmazingELixir: 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
Olufemiolaolu:
Tribalism has eaten up your up north. Olodo?

It is not tribalism my brother...just laugh over certain comments and move on..
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Jhoanner(f): 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
I also reside in that area although I am moving out. I found the trend of activities very disturbing. Take note that if at all a court judgment has ensued leading to an ejection of persons that are in wrongful possession, a copy of the judgment should have been served as well as sufficient notice given to vacate. To eject with the use of force, threat and intimidation is a violation of the law. You should take them up!
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by mightybishop: 7:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
Oluyole extension, this happened in Ajinde and some part of Elebu. Landlord association have to agree to pay certain amount before the issues are resolved.

Yinibixema:

I’m from Ibadan. Which area do such happen in Ibadan where they will chase owners of buildings out
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Yinibixema: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
mightybishop:
Oluyole extension, this happened in Ajinde and some part of Elebu. Landlord association have to agree to pay certain amount before the issues are resolved.

Actually that should be fele who did that. They can’t try such now in Makinde’s administration
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
Housing:

From the pictures shared it is an execution of a Court judgment. I pity and sympathies with the victims. They can only negotiate with the new owners of the land. Why don't they joined the suit once they are aware of the legal action. If that was done they can appeal the case and thus make better negotiations.

That being said some land buyers are wicked. In Ikorodu environments lands that were sold to family members for 250k around 2004. Will be invaded by land grabbers and you see Lagosians buying same for 150k in 2011/2012.

Surely the land grabbers will leave and the legal owners will return through legal backing. Then situation like this will arise.
Thank you so much for this detailed explanation.
We understand better now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Martin0(m): 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
gypsey:
True talk. hey! bro! long time! you still dey Alive? Chai grin

mehn I still dey oooo,work just hold me down,u know say Na season we dey nowgrin
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
Martin0:

mehn I still dey oooo,work just hold me down,u know say Na season we dey nowgrin
yea, i know. keep plenty money wey we go spend oo!
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Chukapage(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
Andhominem:

The land can only be leased to them especially those who are not Yoruba... tongue

I sincerely pity all those affected though, but when pigggidddiotts think they are wiser than Yorubas, this is what they get... cool

Lmao see this hate filled Ignorant slowpoke from Oluomo rock claiming lagos grin .so for your mind now all this people now are Igbo?? Even the school children na Igbo?? Tribalism can make a f**l shoot his leg thinking his doing another person ode! With F**l like you this country is doomed,Your making noise because your in Oluomo rock ,do you really think in your brainless skull that Many of those who were illegally evicted,are not Yorubas?? Una hate and mumu tire person.That was how F**ls like you were rejoicing over the SA xenophobia saga thinking victims were Igbo only for us to realize majority of returnees where from OGUN state. Dey mumu ooo your uncle fit be victim sef,dey mumu yourself undecided
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by Chukapage(m): 10:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
Kennyswagz2:
always mentioning and forcelly attaching their pathetic selves to SS.. so ashamed to stand on their own and be proud of their useless landlocked red mud region gringrin
Oga SS be like na new Lagos now abi?? Why do you F**ls like speaking for people that don't give a f"ck about you? Last time I checked a huge number of Igbos are from SS go and eat awo rat poison if e pain u!! SE/SS guy go and by rope and use your fan. DIE! grin
Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by brenister10: 11:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
Please you can call this line

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by brenister10: 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hadekolarh:
Thanks for this post, may God continue to bless you. This is my dad area. My dad house was locked up and also my mom shop. They throw both my dad and mom out of the house since last week Friday.

They march my parent out of their house and also other landlords with about 20 thugs, the thugs are the one incharge of the whole houses keys, it's the thugs that took over from the the policemen when they left on Friday. The thugs are with charms and some dangerous weapons.

They brought about 10 policemen from Idimu division. They all came with full force threaten to kill any of the residence that refuse to move out of their house.

Since Friday no shop and schools were open even till now.

Presently some families who refuse to open their gates has been locked up and imprison them since Friday. This is getting out of hand

Also there's a man of 80yrs old in my dad area that was thrown out with a gun point and brought out his properties. As I'm telling you this particular man is presently in the hospital.

This is the address of the affected place where this so called land grabbers came to operate is mafon/idimu.

When you're coming from ejigbo going toward idimu. There is a particular place called mafon. From mafon to church bus stop. Adekola street/ akhilele street/ monsurat okuleye street/akinwumi koshemani street/ Yomi shofumade street and also some houses that face the main road going toward idimu or Christland college school area. This is the best way I can discribe the location.

If you have anyone who live in idimu/ejigbo. Give them a call to confirm this story and you will see its true.

Please call this numbers

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by brenister10: 11:14pm On Nov 04, 2019
tosyne2much:
I'm a living witness of this. So many people are being locked out right as I'm typing this

You can contact this numbers

Re: Land Grabbers (Omo Onile) Storm Idimu, Lagos (Pictures) by koffsman(m): 11:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
I wish I can show you my mentions where we have some stupid youths that believes everything they see on paper they don't know that even our military do damage control this country will never move forward with the set of some youths we have may GOD help us
Nostradamus:
you're absolutely correct cool

Now watch as some people will attack you and argue that Nigeria is paradise on earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

High Quality And Affordable Polysterene Parapet For Your Roof / Lagos Demolishes Adebutu Kessignton, Baba-Ijebu's 4-storey Building / Portfolio Of Seasoned Builder/engineer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.