Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,746 members, 7,802,281 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday (8897 Views)

Controversies Sorronding The Celebration Of Maoulid Nabiyy / Drawing A Picture Of The Prophet, Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam / Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Textually, the celebration of birthdays whether personal or for other great Prophet of Allah is unfounded and baseless in Islam.

Allah says in the Qur'an: Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day and remembers Allah much.
Quran (Surah Al-Ahzab, Verse 21)

And it is imperative to follow the guidance of Allah in all our endeavors.

And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).
Qur'an 51 vs 56

Any act of worship not traceable to the Prophet and his companions is certainly an innovation (bid'a).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said he who innovates something in this matter of ours that is not of it will have it rejected. (Agreed upon)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stated repeatedly that: "Every newly-invented thing is a bid'ah (innovation), every bid'ah is a going astray, and every going astray will be in the Fire." (Reported by al-Nisaa'i in al-Sunan, Salaat al-'Eedayn, Baab kayfa al-Khutbah). Reports with the same meaning were narrated via Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) by Ahmad, via al-'Irbaad ibn Saariyah by Abu Dawud and via Ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) by Ibn Maajah.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to say, when beginning a khutbah (sermon): " The best of speech is the Book of Allaah and the best of guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The worst of things are those which are newly-invented, and every innovation is a going astray" (reported by Muslim, no. 867)

There's a post which summarises that the date of birth of the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa Salam is unknown. Read more below.
https://www.nairaland.com/4744456/when-prophet-islaam-salallaahu-alayhi

Read more on the origin of birthdays, celebrating Christmas and Maolid.
https://www.nairaland.com/4905611/birthday-christmas-mawlid-celebration-light

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Amthol(m): 1:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Baarakallahufeeh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by AbdulHakeem44(m): 3:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
Celebrating mawlid Nabiy is innovation which is astray.

What many Muslims call the celebration of mawlid Nabiy may actually be celebrating his death because his death date was confirmed to be 12th of Rabiul Awwal, but his actual birth day is unknown.

May ALLāh safeguard us from innovating into a Deen ALLāh had completed.

7 Likes

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by AbdulHakeem44(m): 9:54am On Nov 08, 2019
Everyone should pls disregard this jabati upstairs here, we thought ALLāh had granted him hidayah, but ALLAH in HIS wisdom has left him to wallow in his ignorance. He is from jabatiyya sect. PLS forsake him, let him continue to rant.

3 Likes

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Patrioticman007(m): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2019
That out of many pressing issues affecting Muslims, globally. Its Maulidy that's our concerns today ?. The division in Islam is causing more harms than good. For those who will celebrate it, Happy Birthday, for those against it, let's keep reflecting about our gains & loss in Islam, and finding a way to improve it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by abdulazeez1002(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2019
Jazakhallahu khayran

2 Likes

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Jeposky(m): 10:30am On Nov 08, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:
Everyone should pls disregard this jabati upstairs here, we thought ALLāh had granted him hidayah, but ALLAH in HIS wisdom has left him to wallow in his ignorance. He is from jabatiyya sect. PLS forsake him, let him continue to rant.

Don't deceive yourself with that excuse of yours...That's the truth he has said even if he is a jabatiyah.

Open your eyes and hear just for your trouble and wahala not to be in vain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by SoulB6: 10:55am On Nov 08, 2019
yes Maulud is bid"a but bidatul hassana, please before you start running your mouth condemning Maulud please give a single verse where it written in Quran and Hadith clearly that Maulud is Haram, because Allah said in Quran that he can never forget

2 Likes

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Abiamaka(m): 11:01am On Nov 08, 2019
Babaheekmat:
If you are doing moulid, and you have been explained to that it's not part of Islam

Yet you remained adamant..

You are a kafir..
By

Allah did not make any law concerning such celebrations
Rosul didn't do his moulid
Sahabahs didn't do it

This moulid was created by Innovators.. not Muslims..

Whoever defends innovator is also a kafir

Celebration of the prophet birthday is not bid"ha ...The prophet himself celebrated his birthday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by madridguy(m): 11:05am On Nov 08, 2019
Exact reason i hard visit this section. Many issues affecting Muslims globally no one will discuss about its solution rather than fighting each other over mere issue.

Patrioticman007:
That out of many pressing issues affecting Muslims, globally. Its Maulidy that's our concerns today ?. The division in Islam is causing more harms than good. For those who will celebrate it, Happy Birthday, for those against it, let's keep reflecting about our gains & loss in Islam, and finding a way to improve it.
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by SoulB6: 11:09am On Nov 08, 2019
Babaheekmat:
If you are doing moulid, and you have been explained to that it's not part of Islam

Yet you remained adamant..

You are a kafir..

Allah did not make any law concerning such celebrations
Rosul didn't do his moulid
Sahabahs didn't do it

This moulid was created by Innovators.. not Muslims..

Whoever defends innovator is also a kafir

please reflect on this hadith before turning your self to takfirist. Abu Darda (RA) narrates that the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: Whatever Allaah has permitted in His Book is Halaal, whatever He has forbidden is Haraam, "AND ANYTHING OVER WHICH THERE IS SILENCE IS PARDONED" so accept the pardon of Allaah, for Allaah cannot be forgetful. Then he recited this verse: ‘and your Lord is never forgetful’ [Maryam 19:64].[Imam Haythami in Majma uz Zawaid 1:171, Hadith No. 794]
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by SoulB6: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2019
My father celebrate Maulud, I will celebrate Maulud as long as i am able and my descendant will celebrate Maulud, In-Sha-Allah.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by jamiudinho(m): 11:36am On Nov 08, 2019
SoulB6:
My father celebrate Maulud, I will celebrate Maulud as long as i am able and my descendant will celebrate Maulud, In-Sha-Allah.
Don mind all those haters of the prophet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Bimpe29: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
Celebration of birthdays is alien to Islam. In fact, it is a reprehensible innovation.

However, It’s odd, when you condemn an act but you still engage in it (other forms of it) confidently.

• A large number of Ahlus Sunnah who criticized Mawlud have taken Birthdays seriously;they blow candles, Music, dancing, & Stuff.

- that’s imitation of Kuffar, & It’s Haram.

2 Likes

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by AbdulHakeem44(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jeposky:

Don't deceive yourself with that excuse of yours...That's the truth he has said even if he is a jabatiyah.

Are you also saying Every bid'a is kufr?
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by pdppower: 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
Abiamaka:

Celebration of the prophet birthday is not bid"ha ...The prophet himself celebrated his birthday.
Can you provide any evidence for this to enlighten us who do not know?
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Babaheekmat: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
SoulB6:

please reflect on this hadith before turning your self to takfirist. Abu Darda (RA) narrates that the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: Whatever Allaah has permitted in His Book is Halaal, whatever He has forbidden is Haraam, "AND ANYTHING OVER WHICH THERE IS SILENCE IS PARDONED" so accept the pardon of Allaah, for Allaah cannot be forgetful. Then he recited this verse: ‘and your Lord is never forgetful’ [Maryam 19:64].[Imam Haythami in Majma uz Zawaid 1:171, Hadith No. 794]

Laughing..

Allah is silent on bidah abi
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Babaheekmat: 1:14pm On Nov 08, 2019
Abiamaka:

Where is the proof

1 Like

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Babaheekmat: 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jeposky:

There's nothing like jabatiyah.. it's just a name the haters of Sunnah gave us..

Just like they gave us wahabiyah, Ibn taymiyyah, Madkhalist..
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Raskasal(m): 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:

My brother, pls leave him to his believe. May the blessings of Allah continue to be upon the Noble Prophet, Muhammad Rosullullah. S. A. W.

1 Like

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Raskasal(m): 1:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
SoulB6:

God bless you. Ahlu Rosullullah forever
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
Patrioticman007:
This is one of the innovator's excuse. The prophet has said there will be sects in Islam so why not bother on being the right sect. Stop where the Prophet stopped.
Jabir ibn Abdullah reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would praise Allah in his sermon, as He deserves to be praised, and then he would say, “Whomever Allah guides, no one can lead him astray. Whomever Allah sends astray, no one can guide him. The truest word is the Book of Allah and the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad. The most evil matters are those that are newly invented, for every newly invented matter is an innovation. Every innovation is misguidance, and every misguidance is in the Hellfire.”

Source: Sunan al-Nasā’ī 1578

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
SoulB6:
So you also pray as your father prayed Salah right? Will you follow your father to enter Jannah or the Prophet?
We all follow the Prophet not anyone's father, Sheikh, Ustadh, etc.
Train your kid to follow the Prophet. Or else they copy you in your good as well as your error!
Whatever the Prophet give us as 'ibadah is what we accept not what you or your dad innovated in to the religion.
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by RealLordZeus(m): 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2019
AbdulHakeem44:
There is no need for condemnation bro, whether a jabatiya, tijaniya and co! I believe the Shaadat is enough to unite us, Efforts should be made on strengthening that bond.
What is required of us is to show others their errors with KINDNESS and praying for them so that Almighty Allah will show them the true path and guidance, not enforcing or condemning them.

1 Like

Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:05pm On Nov 08, 2019
madridguy:
Exact reason i hard visit this section. Many issues affecting Muslims globally no one will discuss about its solution rather than fighting each other over mere issue.

So the issue of innovation is not worthy of discussion. Gradually we enter the lizard hole after them.
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
jamiudinho:

Don mind all those haters of the prophet
No Muslim hates the Prophet. Rather say we hate innovations. The Prophet never celebrated his birthday. So celebrating it is worthless. And we are only created to worship Allah alone.
Re: The Celebration Of The Prophet's Birthday by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
SoulB6:
yes Maulud is bid"a but bidatul hassana, please before you start running your mouth condemning Maulud please give a single verse where it written in Quran and Hadith clearly that Maulud is Haram, because Allah said in Quran that he can never forget

What is bid'a hasanah? The Prophet said all bid'a is misguidance.
The onus is on you to provide evidence to celebrate it.

“Indeed in the Messenger of Allah (Muhammad SAW) you have a good example to follow for him who hopes in (the Meeting with) Allah and the Last Day ...”
[al-Ahzaab 33:21].

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Names And Their Beautiful Meanings / May Allah Grant Us Good Ends / Jumah Mufeedah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.