Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,739,559 members, 6,496,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 September 2021 at 08:59 AM

Please Advice A Brother Urgently - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Advice A Brother Urgently (572 Views)

I'm Confuse Please Advice A Brother / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose / 80k Job In Sokoto Or Relocate To Abuja To Hustle Please Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice A Brother Urgently by chillingbabe: 1:34pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hello nairalanders,
Please advice.

My brother is expected to resign at his current place of work and resume some where else in a week's time,infact next week and he is expected to give atleast 2weeks notice at his current place of work. We advised him to collect his October salary before he drops his letter , and as at today 4/11/2019 , he has not received October salary, he is expecting it before Friday,8/11/2019, he thought he will get it early enough because their is no fix date for salary payment in his office. The new company wanted him to resume early that's why they gave him 2weeks notice. He didn't tell his company immediately of his plan to leave because he was scared they won't pay him for October he has worked for, that is why he is waiting till he recieve salary before he drop resignation letter.

My question is can he call his new company and beg them to extend his resumption date with a week more? What should he do? Because it's obvious he can't resume next week as he has not received salary.

Please advice , what should he do?
Re: Please Advice A Brother Urgently by JaphOBMG(m): 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
chillingbabe:
Hello nairalanders,
Please advice.

My brother is expected to resign at his current place of work and resume some where else in a week's time,infact next week and he is expected to give atleast 2weeks notice at his current place of work. We advised him to collect his October salary before he drops his letter , and as at today 4/11/2019 , he has not received October salary, he is expecting it before Friday,8/11/2019, he thought he will get it early enough because their is no fix date for salary payment in his office. The new company wanted him to resume early that's why they gave him 2weeks notice. He didn't tell his company immediately of his plan to leave because he was scared they won't pay him for October he has worked for, that is why he is waiting till he recieve salary before he drop resignation letter.

My question is can he call his new company and beg them to extend his resumption date with a week more? What should he do? Because it's obvious he can't resume next week as he has not received salary.

Please advice , what should he do?

Please let him ask for extension and collect his October payment first.... I'm also in his shoes right now...I will collect my salary before dropping my letter latest this week
Re: Please Advice A Brother Urgently by chillingbabe: 10:22am On Nov 05, 2019
JaphOBMG:


Please let him ask for extension and collect his October payment first.... I'm also in his shoes right now...I will collect my salary before dropping my letter latest this week
Okay ,noted..So please what reason can he give them for the date extension? Any idea please
Re: Please Advice A Brother Urgently by JaphOBMG(m): 8:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
chillingbabe:
Okay ,noted..So please what reason can he give them for the date extension? Any idea please

Hmnnn, it's a risk... careful thoughts is required to decide that...any reason should be calculated based on certainty to ensure he doesn't lose on both sides.
Re: Please Advice A Brother Urgently by Ayamhappy(m): 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
nawa ooooo, this life sha, wen a place of work nver pay salary on 5th of another month ? .......dat type of job worth leaving.......Tel ya bro 2 inform his new job boss to xtnd d resumption 4 another week that he dnt want to leave his present job stranded, dat he has dropped his resignation letter but want to giv them a week to look 4 another person so as d company nt to fold up.......Hv lied wt such b4 nd my new boss was very happy wt my suggestion dat am God-fearing( nt knwin am waitin 4 my salary)

tell ya bro 2 collct his salary ooooo so as 2 gt some stipend 2 spend 4 another month on new job

Tel him 2 call his new boss nd lie (if mine is nt palatable)

Tel him 2 find out abt new job strictness if they will allow that
Re: Please Advice A Brother Urgently by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
He should tell them that the current firm needs two weeks to look for replacement or they beg him to train the new employee for two weeks
Re: Please Advice A Brother Urgently by Onlydaughter(f): 8:04pm On Nov 13, 2019
But October has ended nau, he can drop the letter and go for the new job.
The previous company will pay him in arrears because he worked throughout the month.

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Needed In A Reputable Firm / Pls Help, Is This Real? / Massive Bank Tellering Recruitment(OND/NCE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.