Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:51 PM

Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son (67670 Views)

My Friend Did Cosmetic Surgery With N1.5m I Gave Her For Mum's Kidney Transplant / Tonto Dikeh: "Don't Spoil Market For Her Next Man"- Freeze Tells Kpokpogri / CDQ: I Don't Know Tonto Dikeh, Don't Bring Her Topic To My Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by MiddleDimension: 4:46pm On Nov 04, 2019
midnighter:
The problem is not pidgin but knowing when to use it

Except if you train him abroad he must pick it up because it's the way of communication for the common man and it's necessary at times

As an actress who understands media and communication let her explain to him as he grows older when and when it is not appropriate.

I get where she is coming from, at times some wrong habits can rub off on kids and it can be a shock when they suddenly burst it out at home, not really knowing what they are saying.

when should you not speak pidgin English, especially in the house?
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by izibili44: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
Your child wen dem born inside pidgin.Like him papa
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by uvie66: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
You don forget say most of davido hits na pidgin English, the one wey she release for English how many download e reach.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by midnighter(f): 4:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
MiddleDimension:

when should you not speak pidgin English, especially in the house?

It depends on the family background. It sounds vulgar to some people so they may find it inappropriate for somebody to speak it at home.

Or are you asking me when it's not okay to use it? I think you should know already that it's not always appropriate

Even speaking Queen's English in the wrong situation can land you in deep mmiri oku so as I said, pidgin is not the problem here.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by mukthar2000(m): 4:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
Noted, not that Pidgin that matter sister, is that 1.5 u want peoples see.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by 1Sharon(f): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
grin grin grin
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by MiddleDimension: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
midnighter:

It depends on the family background. It sounds vulgar to some people so they may find it inappropriate for somebody to speak it at home.

Or are you asking me when it's not okay to use it? I think you should know already that it's not always appropriate

Even speaking Queen's English in the wrong situation can land you in deep mmiri oku so as I said, pidgin is not the problem here.

sounds vulgar, but the American southern accent sounds cool. if the boy were speaking American Southern accent with its poor grammar, Tonto would give him kudos.

honestly, when you come among a lot of these celebrities people in positions of Power, you will find out that you inapire them alot. they also look up to you
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Boss13: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
This woman is highly insecure. Speaking multiple languages increases your exposure and ability to make friends or close ties.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by midnighter(f): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
MiddleDimension:
sounds vulgar, but the American southern accent sounds cool. if the boy were speaking American Southern accent with its poor grammar, Tonto would give him kudos.

honestly, when you come among a lot of these celebrities people in positions of Power, you will find out that you inapire them alot. they also look up to you

Nah. You're not getting me
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Fantazy(m): 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
I wonder if her son is schooling on Instagram!!!

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by iamforeveryoung: 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
The truth is this tonto girl don't have sense. How can you say your son should not learn to speak one of the major language in this continent that bridge tribes and nations together. Do you think she have sense or she's trying to show off? This is a woman that feeds from such language. I blame your mama wey nor give you good home training.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by 1Sharon(f): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
JeffTalki:
I don’t blame you, I blame the Nigerians that thinks PIDGIN EnGLISH is a bad language to Speak.
I sure say your pikin nor go forgive you for this thing wey you dey deprive am from when he don grow up.
Dey form Oyibo there. You still be black monkey to them.

Chill.

He will pick it up. It's so easy.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by BlueAir: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2019
I would really hate for my own child to pick an habit of speaking pidgin English
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by witworth(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2019
If u like pay 1 million u.s dollars, ur pikin go dey speak pidgin dey go, that's the price you will pay for not taking your kid abroad to study.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Studyinchina200(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Clout chaser
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by generationz(f): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
Xisnin:

Tonto may have no job but the son has a rich father.

Rich father that gave people fake lands?

Didn't she say he contributes nothing?

grin grin
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by PrinceMusty24(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2019
As long as he is schooling in Nigeria, don't be surprised because you heard him speaking pidgin
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by J2381: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
Xisnin:

Believe Tonto at your own peril.
The man presented evidence of school fees payment one time like that.
Tonto is just out for revenge and would say anything to rubbish the father.
She is able to maintain her lifestyle out of the child maintenance she receives.
can you provide evidence to back this up?
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by jaymee0(m): 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2019
This Lady is simply foolish
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
Imagine, 1.5m for what Come let me teach you how to spend money.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by BrainSanitizer: 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
In Zuby Michael's voice, ndi Ara ndi ara.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by chigoizie7(m): 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sister wey mumu
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Terz4christ: 5:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dandsome:
Lol

One thing people have to understand is that if you pay N2m as school fees and the teachers are paid N80k, then be rest assured that your child is being given education worth N80k and not N2m

Please be guided.

This is apt
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by COURVOISier(m): 6:04pm On Nov 04, 2019
Your money no waste for your son, so far naija blood dey run through him vain, he must speak pidgin grin
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by poweredcom(m): 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yeye Tonto she does not know pidgin is d official language of Nigeria

Mumu mother's of today infact don't teach ur son ur tribal dialect from small Stoopid

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Lawmak: 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2019
It doesn't matter. Children wey go Umukoro community secondary school, ifitenasa, still dey very brilliant more than your sons 1.5million school.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by madjune(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
I can't stop marveling at this girl's stupidity.
To start with, she's an ikwerre girl. These are people who even started the pidgin English.
They chew broken English like kolanut.

I'm not against the child getting a decent education.
Pidgin english is sonething an adult picks along the way and its actually a plus as a socializing mechanism in the Nigerian front.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Newboss(m): 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2019
Nigeria will remain a shìt hole until we understand that pidgin doesn't mean poverty or illiteracy. Lectures in pidgin should be promoted. English is not a measure of IQ. A language is just a means to an end

Let's evolve in this country, abeg. Begin by establishing pidgin in your organization, then watch productivity skyrocket. Pidgin is the only language that seamlessly connects this nation
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Larrykaysail(m): 6:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
greatmarshall:
Nonsense... Why didn't you send him abroad?
abroad people want their kids to speak yoruba and pigin ,
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by akdjr(m): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2019
If you like teach him Queens English, tomorrow the same boy will become musician and start singing with pigin.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by arodavoo(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
This lady can do anything so as to trend.... If you don't want your son to speak pidgin. Then send him abroad and stop ranting up and down on Instagram.

Check my profile to learn importation from china, Turkey Malaysia UK and USA

importation of Hair is the new found Gold, I would teach and guide you on importation of Hair from china, India, Vietnam and cambodia
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Oladeleodutayo: 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
Mumu girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anita Adetoye Weds Emmanuel Ikubese (Photos) / Victoria Kimani Slams Tiwa Savage For Showing Off Her New Car / Ini Edo Dances Hard At Mimz Lounge Opening (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.