Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son (67703 Views)

My Friend Did Cosmetic Surgery With N1.5m I Gave Her For Mum's Kidney Transplant / Tonto Dikeh: "Don't Spoil Market For Her Next Man"- Freeze Tells Kpokpogri / CDQ: I Don't Know Tonto Dikeh, Don't Bring Her Topic To My Page (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Cvesta(m): 6:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
Tonto and Attention seeking
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by CioAngels(f): 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
Tonto Dike, what do you expect, Montessori? Throwing money away thinking he will be taught, what if I may ask? 1.5, my lady think. They make you busy mums believe they offer the best. Why not take him to American International School, then you will not doubt what he is been taught with.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by deltateam: 6:51pm On Nov 04, 2019
celebritygists:
I Pay Over N1.5m As School Fees For My Son – Tonto Dikeh reveals

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh, has revealed that she pays over N1.5 million as school fee for her son, Andre.

Tonto made this revelation known after she found out her son was picking the habit of speaking Pidgin.

The 34-year-old, taking to her Instagram page on Friday, warned those teaching her son Pidgin English to stay off.

She says she pays too much as school fee and expects her son to be speaking ‘Phonetic’

https://nasonaija.xyz/2019/11/04/i-pay-over-n1-5m-as-school-fees-for-my-son/

Lol. Does she speak phonetic herself?

Besides some of these 'big' schools will employ unqualified teachers and pay them less.

Its about profit making for them.
Besides she needs to check the other kids and those her son associates with.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by BlueAir: 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
So whats colonizing u exactly? The English? Or ur phobic mind? As much as u hype pidgin English is it close to been accepted as a formal language of communication? ? In any formal setting? Pls keep it among the informal people and settings it is popular amongst
MiddleDimension:

bush woman!
so pidgin english, which is the next best thing from Nigeria that is colonizing the whole of the African continent, a language which most Africans are giving an arm and a leg to learn; and if we persist, the whole world would soon prefer it to the American english, is what this lady is warning people not to speak to her son?

to make matters worse, this pidgin english owes its popularity across the continent to the Nigerian entertainment Industry, a thing tonto dickeh is part of. it seems she is not even proud of her own trade!

@sonsly041 what do you think?

@blueair, you can also read this before you do the wrong thing by hating your children speak pidgin English. also, would you like to tell your child to speak english exclusively because speaking other languages could affect his english accent?

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Legendguru: 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
Lol
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Sonsly041(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2019
MiddleDimension:

bush woman!
so pidgin english, which is the next best thing from Nigeria that is colonizing the whole of the African continent, a language which most Africans are giving an arm and a leg to learn; and if we persist, the whole world would soon prefer it to the American english, is what this lady is warning people not to speak to her son?

to make matters worse, this pidgin english owes its popularity across the continent to the Nigerian entertainment Industry, a thing tonto dickeh is part of. it seems she is not even proud of her own trade!

@sonsly041 what do you think?

@blueair, you can also read this before you do the wrong thing by hating your children speak pidgin English. also, would you like to tell your child to speak english exclusively because speaking other languages could affect his english accent?

You are right......
Just check most of these football coaches, they normally used their language to communicate to the whole world... She is here talking trash about pidgin
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by YungMillionaire: 6:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
So we wey we spend 30 billion for school fees wetin make we talk?
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by tonididdy(m): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
grin

on a serious note Sha... E dey pain to spend that much money for school fees and your son suddenly starts throwing small small pidgin at you.

grin

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by CioAngels(f): 7:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Dandsome:
Lol

One thing people have to understand is that if you pay N2m as school fees and the teachers are paid N80k, then be rest assured that your child is being given education worth N80k and not N2m

Please be guided.
Exactly, you are very correct, 80k is so much, why not say 20k. Those schools are not better than Asians who are slave drivers where master holders are paid 25k. Nigerians business concerns are worse slave drivers. Whose fault, the highest slave controllers, the government.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by extremelygolden: 7:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sonsly041:
But she also paid huge amount of money to attend and listen to bovi, basket mouth Ay etc comedy's in pidgin English

Don't mind her. And she might likely take her son along "to go catch fun".

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by CioAngels(f): 7:03pm On Nov 04, 2019
punisha:
All Nairalanders need to cuss this woman for another 24 hours is just a thread saying "Tonto
Eats beans"

I strongly feel that the curses she receives from time to time, is playing a major role in her life grin
What will be your justification to curse her?
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by CioAngels(f): 7:07pm On Nov 04, 2019
1kbusiness:
Oya na. You have money. We have hear. Something you would have sent directly to the school management angry
No, she just want people to know what play's out in those expensive schools

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Akuruoulo(m): 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
HE IS PIDGIN HIMSELF. WHO SABI PIDGIN PASS AM ?
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by GraceElle101(f): 7:16pm On Nov 04, 2019
She no serious, yeye being
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by ShineGrace(m): 8:27pm On Nov 04, 2019
Foolishness of highest order. I would not ask you if he understands your mother tongue because even you do not understand nor can speak it. Is English language a pass to Heaven? With my brighter grammar & Ashade english textbooks (less than #2k) I'm good to go
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Xisnin(m): 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
J2381:
can you provide evidence to back this up?
That is not my job.
Use Google.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Xisnin(m): 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
generationz:

Rich father that gave people fake lands?

Didn't she say he contributes nothing?

grin grin
The last time I check, poor people don't own multiple jeeps.
In a divorce, it is naive to believe one side of a story.
We all know how some ex try to destroy each other.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by iamloski(m): 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sonsly041:

But you can pay huge amount of money to attend and listen to bovi, basket mouth Ay etc comedy's in pidgin English
savage grin
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by iamloski(m): 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2019
generationz:
angry

A woman who has no steady/ known source of income can scream without shame that she pays 1.5m as school fees for her son.

This world is messed up mehn.

she is an actress, model, brand ambassador and she makes good money. So embarassed
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by J2381: 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2019
Xisnin:

That is not my job.
Use Google.
but your job is to say he pays his son school fees?
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by PapaAdanna: 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yeye geh

When you mingle with touts, u no know.
Ur son is picking theirj slangs lol
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Jossyfine(f): 10:06pm On Nov 04, 2019
celebritygists:

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh, has revealed that she pays over N1.5 million as school fee for her son, Andre.

Tonto made this revelation known after she found out her son was picking the habit of speaking Pidgin.

The 34-year-old, taking to her Instagram page on Friday, warned those teaching her son Pidgin English to stay off.

She says she pays too much as school fee and expects her son to be speaking ‘Phonetic’

If she says that then she is lieing her son attends same school with mine. Fees not up to 1 million per session
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by frozen70g(f): 10:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
greatmarshall:
Nonsense... Why didn't you send him abroad?

At what age ❓
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Amanda4life: 10:21pm On Nov 04, 2019
Some teacher s are not good in correcting spoken English.

Some of them are after teaching and marking of note books. Nothing more. No Passion at all.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by midnighter(f): 10:32pm On Nov 04, 2019
Amanda4life:
Some teacher s are not good in correcting spoken English.

Some of them are after teaching and marking of note books. Nothing more. No Passion at all.

Exactly! And the children will come home talking nonsense

Tonto is crazy but at least this time she has a point. At least we know some private schools pay peanuts while collecting those big fees
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2019
celebritygists:

Put him in Imade's school if you can pay what Davido is paying and then Polish your English too cos diction and accent requires follow up at home. Not that your ota akara English I hear you speak in interviews.

Better still, contact me to take him on diction and you'll be glad you did cos I'll make him speak in the right diction and accent too be it American or British.
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Joystark(f): 10:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sonsly041:
But she also paid huge amount of money to attend and listen to bovi, basket mouth Ay etc comedy's in pidgin English
Lol.. wisdom! grin grin
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b]Dis na Naija na
Even her sef, e dey her blood
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Mathewymcmb(m): 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
clout chaser, dis lady matter don tire me because na everything wey dey happen to u, u won make we dey see for social media
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Litmus: 11:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
Send him to Ghana to learn how when not wearing cap you can drink tea with it and be refreshed for wek. lipsrsealed
Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 05, 2019
I support her on this one; the idea that you should acquire all these Education and then for someone to ask you to keep it real by speaking pidgin is a testament to the black man's foolishness. Show off your spotless English, that's what you went to school for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tonto Dikeh: Don't Teach My Son Pidgin, I Pay N1.5m As School Fees For My Son by adanonso(f): 3:47am On Nov 05, 2019
Yeee 1.5 millions? And to pay #7000 for 3 children hard for me. God pls send me a helper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Simi Pregnant For Adekunle Gold, Pregnancy Was The Main Reason For The Wedding / Davido, Wizkid, Olamide, Mayorkun Hangout At Lagos Club (Photos) / Wizkid, Davido, Kcee, D'banj Flaunt Their Most Expensive Wrist Watches And Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.