Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:40 AM

Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? (23052 Views)

Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? / Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? / Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by MrVagina: 8:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
[s]
post=83744154:
The TWO shall become ONE!
[/s]
shatap

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by IamR: 8:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yes, it is!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by goat22: 8:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
The man should eat beans and agidi
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Smartjohns(m): 8:39pm On Nov 04, 2019
Lazy ass that's the part she got.

Ndi slay queen.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Enemyofpeace: 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
What name do you want her to keep them before?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Enemyofpeace: 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
post=83744154:
The TWO shall become ONE!
yinmu
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by chigoizie7(m): 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2019
Haba, it’s her property, why won’t it be in her name?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Nickshrapnel: 8:41pm On Nov 04, 2019
Are there any women who buy properties in their husband’s name?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by BlackCrainte: 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
whats the biggie there?

Is she not human?

So she should buy it in her husbands name?

Primitive thoughts!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by DNSPro: 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2019
Only an underachiever will concern himself with such. I saw the tweet and I support Ronald on this
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by udemzyudex(m): 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2019
If the man can do so why not?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by bixton(m): 8:44pm On Nov 04, 2019
AXYZ:
I saw a tweet (on twitter) from a certain Ronald Nzimora and later supported by his friend, Hon. Akin Alabi as regards the above subject (as attached).

Thus, I'm compelled to ask if it's actually right for a WIFE to own properties in HER name.

1. What if the wife is richer and kept everything in her name. Don't you feel the husband will feel 'detached' and maybe unhappy?

2. What if the husband is richer and kept all the properties in his name. Don't you feel the wife will feel 'detached' and maybe unhappy?

PS. My wife and I work, and are financially independent of each other. She's been supportive
though and we buy properties in our names, e.g. Mr Kenneth Cole and Mrs Grace Cole. This is rational and not abnormal.

There's nothing absolutely wrong for a woman to put her name on her property and no woman should be compelled to do otherwise.

Without being told every married woman or unmarried lady having a child should have all her properties in her name and at the proper time have a will that it bears the name(s) of her child(ren).

The husband/man can always do the needful without being told. I believe the reason why we acquire properties is to ensure our children have something to hold on to.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Cutehector(m): 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
Men dont really get anything when they grow old.. The work all their years trying to please the wife! That shouldnt be the case. Each person to their own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Maldini213: 8:45pm On Nov 04, 2019
Diamond Monroe

Cherokee da ass

Victoria cake

I will go for diamond Monroe
Any time any day

She got the complete package

Big well Hung axx

Moderate booby,,, I could wrap it with
Lips or even swallow it

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Munzy14(m): 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
AXYZ:
I saw a tweet (on twitter) from a certain Ronald Nzimora and later supported by his friend, Hon. Akin Alabi as regards the above subject (as attached).

Thus, I'm compelled to ask if it's actually right for a WIFE to own properties in HER name.

1. What if the wife is richer and kept everything in her name. Don't you feel the husband will feel 'detached' and maybe unhappy?

2. What if the husband is richer and kept all the properties in his name. Don't you feel the wife will feel 'detached' and maybe unhappy?

PS. My wife and I work, and are financially independent of each other. She's been supportive
though and we buy properties in our names, e.g. Mr Kenneth Cole and Mrs Grace Cole. This is rational and not abnormal.

It's all about understanding.

But as a married woman their is a total submission and huge trust doing it in his name.

Although we have some unproductive men.. likewise women.

For me I don't have issues with it.. what matters is did she discussed with me before the acquisition..And if so, who are her next of kin. If it is my kids good.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by israelmao(m): 8:47pm On Nov 04, 2019
Who owns the property?
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Bahamas95(m): 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
I buy with my name, she buys with her name. Women!

I nor fit shout abeg

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by realstars: 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2019
Its does not matter, its her property', since her name is mrs me and the next of keen is me. I don't see it bad in doing that.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Modernist: 8:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
Should this even be up for discussion?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by KIDfurniture(m): 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
Very tough one.. its left for the married folks.. both men and women are dangerous.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by tomdon(m): 8:52pm On Nov 04, 2019
Florblu:
Well... It depends on the agreement between us. If he buys a property first and choose to put his name only, when I buy mine, it will definitely have my name ONLY.
But if I'm included as a co-owner, of course we can co-own mine too.

In a situation where I get a property before him, i will add his name to all papers and if he can't do the same when he buys his, then I might not wait for the next hour to remove his name from documents of my property. Since we both wants to be petty.

But really, regardless of whose money is/was used in buying a property, once we are married all funds/properties belongs to US.

And i won't understand why most ladies(both married and single) do lie to their spouse to collect money. I mean if your spouse go bankruptcy you will suffer the loss together and if there is boom you will enjoy it together. So why do you have to lie?

I would've said you're no different or better than the Pharisees but I can see you're immature and talking theory and jargons.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by YelloweWest: 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
Jiggolo spotted
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Ryan03(f): 8:53pm On Nov 04, 2019
Sanchez01:

My point is, your mindset reveals you have a space already reserved for 'wàhálà', particularly when your other half buys something solely in his name. Before it gets to that point, spend more time looking/talking for/about these stuff prior to marriage.

If you sit a male down and he tells you that he sees no reason why he should buy properties in both your names, then by all means bail or walk away to avoid future problems.

The idea of doing things seperately, particularly property related voids marriage design. I know some would claim 'anything can happen tomorrow'. The idea of 'anything can happen' in itself gives an idea that they are going into a lifetime commitment with a higher probability of bailing tomorrow.

I sincerely wonder what people discuss in courtship these days.
are you sure you understood her post? Read again

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by PHIPEX(m): 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
That one is no more a wife but a competitor. This whole thing stems from lack of trust in a family. Does it mean because my wife's name is not in my car particulars she can not go to court to claim it in my absence? Are we saying this applies to the chairs, TVs Fridge or is it only for landed property?

This kind of advice create artificial problems in homes in the name of civilisation. If the wife should own a property in order to will it to the children, what different does it make if the husband wills same property to same children?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by Bola146(f): 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2019
Yes, she can will them for the children in future
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by DonFreshmoney(m): 8:55pm On Nov 04, 2019
Feminist would come and say.

My husband property is my property
My property is only my property..

Hahahaha.
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by powerkey: 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2019
Trademark of Yoruba women
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by nextstep(m): 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Is it OK for the husband to hold property in his name? The answer you give would apply to the wife. It's quite simple really.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by EROMS38(m): 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
It is well
Re: Is It Right For A Wife To Keep Properties In Her Name? by adecz: 9:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
sad

No!!

She should keep it in her
mother in-law's name!!

sad sad sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'How My Husband Stripped Me Unclad Before Herbalist' / Baby Sienna's First Birthday Party! / Couples Not Staying Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.