Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles (35233 Views)

10 Cars Security Personnels Won't Stop At Checkpoints (Photos) / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by abrahym(m): 7:24am On Nov 08, 2019
Monaco2:
Dat means make young guys no just drive car b dat na, cause na d only cars wey Dey naija b dat. I drive a Lexus rx330 n trust me there is nothing mild about police harassment.. it’s really annoying cause in the western world nobody harass u for driving a nice car even teenagers drive Bentley’s in the states n nobody Dey harass dem, naija need to wake up

Driving this for a year plus nothing of such
Dress well and when they approach you talk to them with manners

2 Likes

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by crackhouse(m): 7:31am On Nov 08, 2019
okorotalkative:
muscle na him worse pass.
muscle wey no reach 1.5m? Na him security go still disturb you?
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by val12(m): 7:32am On Nov 08, 2019
nawa for this people
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by Coldie(m): 7:43am On Nov 08, 2019
When u are suffering trekking up and down with tattered clothes. Security personnel's Wont ask u why are u suffering, why don't u have something to do, have u eaten, y ur cloth dae like that.

But let God bless you and they start acting stupid.

How does the car a man drive concern security personnel's?

As far as its not stolen or bought with illegal proceeds its not supposed to be there business

4 Likes

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by frowland(m): 7:46am On Nov 08, 2019
SKhanmi:
You forgot the Lexus & infinity G35. Drive a Volvo and be safe smiley

Sienna grin

5 Likes

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by don4real18(m): 7:59am On Nov 08, 2019
As funny as it is, this is certainly not something to laugh over

2 Likes

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by Just2endowed2(m): 8:08am On Nov 08, 2019
don4real18:
As funny as it is, this is certainly not something to laugh over

Yes

1 Like

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by AmuDimpka: 8:24am On Nov 08, 2019
So people wey dey legit and driving Benz wetin we go come do

Well
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by ehissi(m): 8:27am On Nov 08, 2019
Avalon, camry, Solara na port harcourt/warri police dey disturb for that one.

For benin, na normal everyday car.....

Venza/Glk/Rx330/350/Any 4matic looking benz/Es350 (sometimes) if police catch you as a young man driving these cars, and you never do weekend for them one day, them go do am for you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:39am On Nov 08, 2019
WildChild00:

It all depends on the state you are in, perhaps you are lucky to have gone away with dat, and also read the thread, you most likely dressed well and never was found wanting.

Yep. All documents correct, proper identification, no funny haircuts or clothing.

I've only ever had my phone searched once, and I wasn't harassed. Probably had my car searched like twice.
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by Monaco2(m): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2019
abrahym:

Driving this for a year plus nothing of such
Dress well and when they approach you talk to them with manners

I keep a very low cut, I’m not a flamboyant person, which state do u live in bro
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by 989900: 8:47am On Nov 08, 2019
Monaco2:
Dat means make young guys no just drive car b dat na, cause na d only cars wey Dey naija b dat. I drive a Lexus rx330 n trust me there is nothing mild about police harassment.. it’s really annoying cause [s]in the western world nobody harass u for driving a nice car even teenagers drive Bentley’s in the states n nobody Dey harass dem[/s], naija need to wake up

Not entirely true.

1 Like

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by petitejolie(f): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2019
See this backward set of people. What dier mates use as patrol cars in other countries.
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by blowjohn(m): 9:07am On Nov 08, 2019
naijadrivablog:
@naijadrivablog

[img]https://naijadriva.files./2019/11/10473832_3e97ba3112474801b17f9dfcefd9b1ef_jpeg_jpeg407523a2808ee3fcd799460515d01628.jpg?w=614[/img]

In this Post, Naijadriva is going to list some vehicles that even if you are legit in Nigeria, the police/SARS officers will still harass you because they believe that if you drive in these kind of vehicles means you’re somehow fraudulent, especially if you are young, not to mention if you wear funny haircut/hairdo, put on designers slip ons, sag your trousers and so on.

Recall that we made a post about 10 Cars To Drive And No Military Personnel Will Stop You At Checkpoint, where we listed those vehicles you are less likely to be harrassed in Nigeria.

At this time that there is massive unemployment by the majorly youthful population in Nigeria, some youths have resorted to fraudulent activities to make a living, even the educated ones who doesn’t have jobs and the lazy ones who like quick money.

Here are the vehicles which makes you a suspect, especially if you are young:

Mercedes Benz C Class: a recent popular song that shot to limelight, Victor AD has the lyrics, “if you no get money wetin you gain… If you no drive Benz, wetin you gain”. It eulogizes making it big in life and driving Mercedes Benz and if you do not, you “gained nothing in this life”. This gained acceptance among the youths and became an anthem for them and fraudsters alike.

There’s no owner of this car that hasn’t been stopped almost every time they come by police or SARS officers. fraudulent guys jumped at the seemingly cheap/kind of powerful mid size sedan because of its looks. It’s sexy and fairly easy to maintain. This is the beginning of most yahoo boys Benz tale. When a legit person drives in this,he begins to have issues with police men and have to clear yourself nearly every time you meet men wielding guns.

[img]https://naijadriva.files./2019/11/74990680_2477675125845107_320298230463176769_n.jpg?w=614[/img]

Mercedes Benz GLK: This is an underrated Mercedes crossover, it’s feminine in look but a lot of guys like to have it in their garage. Once you drive this car and look good as a young man, you either have to settle or tell SARS officers where you got money to buy Benz. To them, any recent Mercedes Benz is outrageously expensive and out of reach of the young.

[img]https://naijadriva.files./2019/11/76831100_700077343835248_7381870656921746664_n.jpg?w=614[/img]

Toyota Camry /Solara/Avalon: This is supposed to be an everyday affordable muscle fine car but the yahoo boys who don’t really pride in Benz or nothing else have found solace in driving these beauties and as such have made it a car to lookout for by Police/SARS officers. It’s a safe haven for an average man,but the police harassment that comes with owning her is seemingly overwhelming. In recent times harassing owners of this car has reduced drastically.

[img]https://naijadriva.files./2019/11/71312566_337759310391767_6236078403865785970_n.jpg?w=614[/img]

[img]https://naijadriva.files./2019/11/71pppjbw0yl._uy560_.jpg?w=614[/img]

[img]https://naijadriva.files./2019/11/2008_toyota_avalon_angularfront.jpg?w=614[/img]

Lexus ES 330/350: a Toyota in luxury version, this car is mainly driven by low key rich people. They just don’t want to drive the conventional Camry and other cars so they opt for the Lexus ES 330/350 which is refined in a subtle way and carries presence wherever it goes. Alot of time this car is often stopped by officers but with a caution that the owner might be a legit worker. But if you don’t have a concrete proof, it’s dooms day for you in the hand of SARS officers.

[img]https://naijadriva.files./2019/11/73042863_686710971738107_8649970543695600848_n.jpg?w=614[/img]

Toyota Venza– once a young man drives this cross over, he’s a yahoo boy, even if he’s a driver, he would have collected like 3 slaps before showing proof. Most times, SARS officers believe the guys who drive this are fraudulent, though some are but there are still genuine guys who drive this and don’t deserve to be harassed. To the police,Venza na yahoo boys “jeep”.

[img]https://naijadriva.files./2019/11/73381123_166203304491776_1935586064920267878_n.jpg?w=614[/img]

Toyota Lexus RX300/330/350: Police harassment is mild on lexus cars compared to Mercedes Benz cars. These days when you drive a reasonable car, there’s a strong probability you will get harassed even if you’re properly dressed. Those who are dressed officially are the few who might not get harassed.
[img]https://naijadriva.files./2019/11/77124885_399943137581620_1364333815081155398_n.jpg?w=614[/img]

Trust us, the people who drive the best cars are the senators, Governors and other politicians children, they drive Ferraris, Lamborghinis,the real super Benzes like AMG/Klassen tuned versions and the other super cars you only see on television. They never get harassed.

What do you think? Add Yours.

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/11/04/security-personnels-may-suspect-or-harrass-you-if-you-drive-these-vehicles/

In Benin city those Lexus jeeps are top on the list
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by kaykay1980: 9:29am On Nov 08, 2019
Drive A BMW and watch those moffos give you respect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by colyx1(m): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2019
Na cheap car owners dem dey harass. Drive a Range Rover Sentinel, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, 2019 Toyota Prado jeep etc. Na welldone sir dem go tell u. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by agarawu23(m): 10:05am On Nov 08, 2019
I drive 2000 Toyota camry, So they just hiss anytime I pass grin cheesy
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by amiskurie(m): 11:05am On Nov 08, 2019
E be like say dem fear my car o, dem no dey stop me because to them,a Toyota Corolla 2010 looks official.
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by chigoizie7(m): 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nigerians no de drive cars for naija.

Come SA, complex occupied by mostly Nigerians, you go see cars tire. Benz de learn work here. No body harasses you because you drive a nice car.

Besides, naija G boys de drive old cars. Old Benz etc. come and see 2019 C180 on convoy

1 Like

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by goodluk1991: 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
Let’s drive Mitsubishi and Datsun laurel

2 Likes

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by alphaNomega: 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nigeria is a nation of retarded primates.

1 Like

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by alphaNomega: 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nigeria is a nation of retardéd primates.
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by showafrica(m): 3:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
alphaNomega:
Nigeria is a nation of retarded primates.

Some regions are more backward...
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by pacehood(m): 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
you forgot to add Toyota venza
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by naijadrivablog: 8:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
pacehood:
you forgot to add Toyota venza
Read the post Sir.

1 Like

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by Amanda4life: 9:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
You are 101%right
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by fabienjoe: 12:10am On Nov 09, 2019
I see all these as attitude problem. There's nothing wrong with being pulled over. Police are paid to fight crime. A good part of their job is profiling. They are trained to check out anything out of the ordinary. They work with data generated from their previous activities. If they've caught Yahoo fraudsters more in particular brands of cars, why won't they be more alert when something doesn't feel right about a particular driver in such cars? That is simply proactive policing. This applies even abroad. If you are policing for example an area where footballers live, you're likely to see people in their 20s driving Bugatti, Ferrari, Bentley etc so that wouldn't raise eyebrows. But if policemen see such in some poorer neighbourhoods, they may want to check it out. No harassment but a simple and usually polite exchange. It could lead to something more serious. Nigerians need to change their attitude towards police and policing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by pacehood(m): 9:20am On Nov 09, 2019
naijadrivablog:

Read the post Sir.
my apologies sir.
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by Midoda: 10:57am On Nov 09, 2019
amstamon:
Guys, it's not the car you drive that matters, your composure, appearance, dressing and manners is what they look out for.and most importantly the time at when you drive(work hours or midnight)
So u guys Wan tell me say Sars go come stop and dey harrass a well looking responsible matured man, dressing decently on steering? Dem no born am well. They first look at who's on steering before they questioned.
Imagine a guy looking rough with dread(dada) on his head, gold wristwatch, dark shade, sagging jeans, driving on Tuesdays afternoon(work hours),even if you're a celebrity they'll stop you.
Wetin I know sef. Bye bye

True that ,responsibility matters
Re: Security Personnels May Suspect Or Harrass You If You Drive These Vehicles by turischool(m): 7:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
so funny but true
even if you trek they will still arrest you

pickatyou:
So boys should rather buy jalopy because the security forces are unprofessional.

Op even if you walk , those wicked souls will still have a reason to arrest you.
Unless you want to create another thread on how not to work to avoid being suspected to be a yahoo boy or being arrested.

BTW to interested and concerned NLders I sale and install car tracking devices.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet This Mechanophiliac That Has Sex With His Car / Which Good Cars Can I Buy Between 800k And 1M / Two Buses Collide On 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.