Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,482 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Atheist Marriage In Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Atheist Marriage In Nigeria (2306 Views)

FG Reduces Fees For Statutory Marriage In Nigeria / Lady Burns Her Wedding Dress As She Leaves Her Marriage In Style (photos) / Woman Divorces Husband 3 Minutes After Marriage In Kuwait For Calling Her Stupid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by drmikeadams(m): 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
truthsayer009:

I will definitely choose option 1, as I pray & kabash, the battery will auto charge from nothing & the Car would start by itself Miraculously.

Gbe Body E! cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by eazzzy1(m): 11:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
Most Atheist in naija are aggrieved religious people. They maybe prayed for something at a time and God didn’t answer their prayers the way they expected so they decided to make up their mind to hate God.

You wonder why most of them jump on any religion thread (mostly christians) to rain insults on the theist and God. Few examples of very vocal atheist in naija are;

Ese Walter: An active church worker had consensual sex with a pastor, tried to expose the pastor when things went sour. Openly said she doesn’t believe in God once she couldn’t bring the pastor down.

Daddy freeze: An active church worker who wanted an end to his marriage with 3 kids, the church tried settling things between his wife and himself. He refused and went ahead to marry another married mother of four. The church was displeased and freeze turned against the church and made it his duty to accuse the brethren.

Another category of Atheist are people who want to live without a ‘rule book’ telling them what is right and wrong. People who want to do all the things God said don’t do without having to feel guilty about it. They are quick to bring up morals and conscience but they most times want to choose when to use the morals and conscience and when to throw it out the window.

Lastly most of us do not hate Atheist because they do not believe in God, We dislike their attitude and aggression towards religious people. Can you imagine dating that guy up there whenever you go to church, or even pray he would start yapping of how you are a dummy for believing in a sky daddy.

Most Atheist in naija pray when things go wrong, some of them cry every night in prayers for God to convince them that he’s real.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by hopefulLandlord: 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
eazzzy1:
Most Atheist in naija are aggrieved religious people. They maybe prayed for something at a time and God didn’t answer their prayers the way they expected so they decided to make up their mind to hate God.

You wonder why most of them jump on any religion thread (mostly christians) to rain insults on the theist and God. Few examples of very vocal atheist in naija are;

Ese Walter: An active church worker had consensual sex with a pastor, tried to expose the pastor when things went sour. Openly said she doesn’t believe in God once she couldn’t bring the pastor down.

Daddy freeze: An active church worker who wanted an end to his marriage with 3 kids, the church tried settling things between his wife and himself. He refused and went ahead to marry another married mother of four. The church was displeased and freeze turned against the church and made it his duty to accuse the brethren.

Another category of Atheist are people who want to live without a ‘rule book’ telling them what is right and wrong. People who want to do all the things God said don’t do without having to feel guilty about it. They are quick to bring up morals and conscience but they most times want to choose when to use the morals and conscience and when to throw it out the window.

Lastly most of us do not hate Atheist because they do not believe in God, We dislike their attitude and aggression towards religious people. Can you imagine dating that guy up there whenever you go to church, or even pray he would start yapping of how you are a dummy for believing in a sky daddy.

Most Atheist in naija pray when things go wrong, some of them cry every night in prayers for God to convince them that he’s real.

Tell us where Freeze ever called himself an atheist or admit you made that up

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by hopefulLandlord: 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
eazzzy1:
someone who hates a god is NOT an atheist, he/she is a MISOTHEIST

Freeze never called himself an atheist, if you have proof he did then provide it

Who is "God" and what did he say "don't do"? do you think this category of atheists eat cow meat just because the Hindu god Vishnu is against it?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by eazzzy1(m): 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

Tell us where Freeze ever called himself an atheist or admit you made that up

Freeze doesn't need to call himself an atheist before you know he is one. Did Mompha ever call himself a yahoo boy? freeze Modus Operandi points to that of a typical atheist. Freeze countless times has expressed disbelief in miracles, how can you believe in God but think every miracle is fake?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by eazzzy1(m): 6:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
someone who hates a god is NOT an atheist, he/she is a MISOTHEIST
Freeze never called himself an atheist, if you have proof he did then provide it Who is "God" and what did he say "don't do"? do you think this category of atheists eat cow meat just because the Hindu god Vishnu is against it?

Well then we have more Misotheist in Nigeria than we have Atheist. I live in a country where more than half the population do not believe in the existence of a God or god, but they never go around insulting those who believe in a "sky daddy". If you believe there isn't a God, what a theist chooses to believe shouldn't be of any concern to you. These category of atheist major problem is the christian God, like i said most of them are disgruntled church goers. I have never met an atheist who formerly believed in Vishnu, maybe when i do i would be able to answer if they started eating beef after they became unbelievers.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by hopefulLandlord: 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
eazzzy1:

Well then we have more Misotheist in Nigeria than we have Atheist. I live in a country where more than half the population do not believe in the existence of a God or god, but they never go around insulting those who believe in a "sky daddy". If you believe there isn't a God, what a theist chooses to believe shouldn't be of any concern to you. These category of atheist major problem is the christian God, like i said most of them are disgruntled church goers. I have never met an atheist who formerly believed in Vishnu, maybe when i do i would be able to answer if they started eating beef after they became unbelievers.

Which country is this? also I'm yet to see an atheist I. Nigeria "go around insulting those who believe in some god". could you cite examples of such?

1 Like

Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by hopefulLandlord: 7:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
eazzzy1:

Freeze doesn't need to call himself an atheist before you know he is one. Did Mompha ever call himself a yahoo boy? freeze Modus Operandi points to that of a typical atheist. Freeze countless times has expressed disbelief in miracles, how can you believe in God but think every miracle is fake?

Freeze has his own church https://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/daddy-freeze-everything-you-need-to-know-about-oaps-free-the-sheeple-online-church/6rn550v

. by your logic Jehovah's witnesses must be atheist then cuz they too don't believe in miracles

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by SirVintageCock: 5:31am On Nov 08, 2019
Thread successfully derailed by both the miserable religious people and their atheist counterpart.

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by Lonelypacifist6: 9:44pm On Nov 08, 2019
Breaststroke:

Interesting topic Coooks.

A friend of mine is an atheist. He was married for 14 years but is now divorced. Wifey initiated the divorce on the basis that his atheism was an issue for her.

She met him as an atheist and they have 2 kids. I suspect she wanted out for other reasons (I don't know that for certain, I'm only speculating) It's also possible the atheism, got too much for her to handle down the line, like she said.

Whatever the real issues were, there's no judgment from me. I like my friend though for his candid persona, he values honesty in relationships and I admire that.

This cracked me up so good, I am still smiling as I type. Had a somewhat similar experience, my date was catholic and while I identify with Christ as a Christian, I am not religious in the way of carrying church on my head, being at every church service, attending every church programme known to mankind, fasting and praying ceaselessly.

My date couldn't wrap his head around the fact that, when he often asked did you go to church today my answer would be no. He attempted something (I don't understand) with another chic who (unlike me) was very churchy and full of it.

By the time I heard what happened between them from my date's own mouth, laff wan kill me. The chic traced his friends & family on Facebook, started contacting them to make wild accusations of being misused and dumped, even went as far as involving the police on allegations of sexual assault.

This guy said getting involved with that chic was a crazy and nightmarish experience, did I mention they first had a landlord & tenant relationship before a romantic one? grin Getting her to move out after her rent expired, was another matter entirely. My date admitted to being fooled by her religiosity, while thinking I wasn't spiritual enough.

I laughed and said guy, there's a big difference between religion and spirituality. One is a lot of activity with no real substance, while the other is, being influenced by God's spirit and allowing Him produce the good fruits of kindness, genuine care for others and more in your life.
My story is similar hopefully I'm free by the end of the year, Theists, lots of them are hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 1:24am On Nov 10, 2019
Some people consider mere not believing to be insulting in of itself.

eazzzy1:

Well then we have more Misotheist in Nigeria than we have Atheist. I live in a country where more than half the population do not believe in the existence of a God or god, but they never[b] go around insulting those who believe[/b] in a "sky daddy". If you believe there isn't a God, what a theist chooses to believe shouldn't be of any concern to you. These category of atheist major problem is the christian God, like i said most of them are disgruntled church goers. I have never met an atheist who formerly believed in Vishnu, maybe when i do i would be able to answer if they started eating beef after they became unbelievers.
Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 1:30am On Nov 10, 2019
Lool. That second story cracks me up!

I have heard some messages where the preachers basically tell women to exude religiosity to get married and tell guys to seek "godly women". The strange thing is many then say to marry straight away.

There was a youth Sunday when a fellow youth gave this message. I was laughing. This is a youth that is not married and just finished school. I just didn't think his message could have been coming from experience.

Breaststroke:

Interesting topic Coooks.

A friend of mine is an atheist. He was married for 14 years but is now divorced. Wifey initiated the divorce on the basis that his atheism was an issue for her.

She met him as an atheist and they have 2 kids. I suspect she wanted out for other reasons (I don't know that for certain, I'm only speculating) It's also possible the atheism, got too much for her to handle down the line, like she said.

Whatever the real issues were, there's no judgment from me. I like my friend though for his candid persona, he values honesty in relationships and I admire that.

This cracked me up so good, I am still smiling as I type. Had a somewhat similar experience, my date was catholic and while I identify with Christ as a Christian, I am not religious in the way of carrying church on my head, being at every church service, attending every church programme known to mankind, fasting and praying ceaselessly.

My date couldn't wrap his head around the fact that, when he often asked did you go to church today my answer would be no. He attempted something (I don't understand) with another chic who (unlike me) was very churchy and full of it.

By the time I heard what happened between them from my date's own mouth, laff wan kill me. The chic traced his friends & family on Facebook, started contacting them to make wild accusations of being misused and dumped, even went as far as involving the police on allegations of sexual assault.

This guy said getting involved with that chic was a crazy and nightmarish experience, did I mention they first had a landlord & tenant relationship before a romantic one? grin Getting her to move out after her rent expired, was another matter entirely. My date admitted to being fooled by her religiosity, while thinking I wasn't spiritual enough.

I laughed and said guy, there's a big difference between religion and spirituality. One is a lot of activity with no real substance, while the other is, being influenced by God's spirit and allowing Him produce the good fruits of kindness, genuine care for others and more in your life.
Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by Agnosticism: 5:20am On Dec 23, 2019
crackhaus:
Too many people here seem to be confusing agnosticism for atheism.
Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 2:12am On Nov 14, 2021
Very sad.
SirVintageCock:
Thread successfully derailed by both the miserable religious people and their atheist counterpart.
Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by NarcissistKing(m): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2021
eazzzy1:

You clearly don't have any intellectual capabilities.
Re: Atheist Marriage In Nigeria by NarcissistKing(m): 11:51am On Nov 14, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Freeze has his own church https://www.pulse.ng/communities/religion/daddy-freeze-everything-you-need-to-know-about-oaps-free-the-sheeple-online-church/6rn550v

. by your logic Jehovah's witnesses must be atheist then cuz they too don't believe in miracles

Leave that brainwashed creature.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My Cousin Brother Visited Me With My Ex Girlfriend As His Wife / How (in)/considerate Was Your Husband Or Partner When You Were Pregnant? / I Kneel My Wife Down If She Disobeys Me - Pastor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.