Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,239 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

What Business Can I Start At The University? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Start At The University? (17885 Views)

Under 35 CEOs: I Started My Real Estate Company in the University - Arnold / Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market / Which Good And Profitable Business Can I Start With 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Can I Start At The University? by Jimmy17(m): 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
Hi, so I recently gained admission into the University of Ibadan and I've been thinking of a way to support myself...I was thinking of going into mining because of the vast mineral resources in the state but I heard mining is very capital intensive and highly risky..can anyone help me out with tips and pointers to get started??

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Jimmy17(m): 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2019
Jimmy17:
Hi, so I recently gained admission into the University of Ibadan and I've been thinking of a way to support myself...I was thinking of going into mining because of the vast mineral resources in the state but I heard mining is very capital intensive and highly risky..can anyone help me out with tips and pointers to get started??
Thanks in advance
Cc lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 04, 2019

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by iCauseTrouble: 11:12pm On Nov 04, 2019
Nice one for you to be thinking of business alongside your studies.
Online business is your best bet. It gives you so much flexibility.
Every online business model is available here on nairaland, you only need to search and please, do not pay anybody.
Everything you need is here

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Sonsly041(m): 11:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
1.Look for a beautiful lady.

2.look for a suitable location for the business especially where guys usually hang around.

3.start your popcorn business.

4. Sale sale....

5. Thank me later

89 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by 1kbusiness: 11:49am On Nov 05, 2019
Lemme pitch my tenth here. This thread is for me.

Lemme use this opportunity to advertise myself too.
I can make your existing logo into a 3D logo today for 1k. Send me a message today or if you have any other graphic works you need me to take care of , lemme know.

Did I also mention that I am a pretty decent fast typist. So If you are a motivational speaker, Pastor or a blogger and you want to convert those your words into typed words, then I am the guy for you. You can use the typed jobs for your blogs, Posts or even to write your book.

Send us a message today.

3 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Reffone: 11:49am On Nov 05, 2019
Alot
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by ainas247: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2019
cool Get a skill for now.
web design WordPress HTML

if you have the money to get a camera and learn photography and editing... (You won't go broke with this);
Look for girls in your class our any class take em, edit it, post on your IG and tag them... her friend would see it and they would come
for you. I have a brother doing this

investing in business it's not always a win-win.

5 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by GuestLog: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2019
1. As a university student, you have the great opportunity of affiliate marketing. Get any program that rewards cash for referrals, print the marketing catch along with your links and paste everywhere paste able. (Passive income)

2. You can also sell 2nd hand clothes to girls and reap money like a pro. (Risk of debt)

3. Also, register as a POS agent in the hostel. People can make withdrawal from you without going to town to make money withdrawal. (High risk of robbery)

4. Organise interdepartmental beauty peagents or month-end shows. (You need support from stakeholders)

5. Open a shop besides the hostel for gas refill and also sell hotplates. (Low risk)

6. Soccer viewing center if the hostel doesn't have a common room with TV. (Low risk)

7. Open a well packaged Akara joint. Trust me, you will build a house from this. (Low risk if you can put your pride aside)

8. Laundry service. (Low risk)

9. Video games & snooker joint. (Low risk)

10. Fast food joint or. Indomie & eggs, kinda business. (Low risk but your grades may suffer if you do not manage your time well)

Business Ideas To Avoid

* Betshop
* Prostitution
* Sale of stolen items
* Malpractice agent
* Pimpin'
* Gigalo

My one Kobo advice
Find time to learn a skill in a relevant trade to your studies. It'll keep you many steps ahead of your peers and secure your future better.

126 Likes 13 Shares

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Satan66(m): 11:50am On Nov 05, 2019
If you're a handsome man and you're ready to make money then I indulge you to go unto male prositiution or possibly as a gay stripper.
Here's the number of my friend whom would test your skills in the oza room
0811 912 7435

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Samade7: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2019
sex for marks business grin
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2019
Laundry is a good business..
Handling projects and assignment for your fellow students can fetch you lots of cash. I was into those areas back there in UNICAL.
Be it as it may,
Your study shud always be your priority.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 05, 2019
I need someone to guide me through POS business. God bless in advance.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:50am On Nov 05, 2019
Start blogging Business Bro, check out my profile picture for my number
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2019
MEJOISLAND:
Your study shud always be your priority
Na wa for u o!
So it is now a crime to have a business in school?

Do you think it is everyone that is as fortunate as you to have someone send them pocket money at the end of the month?

Some comments you read here sef!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2019
This is wonderful of you. It will pay off in the long run.
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:51am On Nov 05, 2019
It's a nice idea but make sure your grades don't suffer while you're at it. it is the primary reason why you're in college.. Goodluck
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by MyOleSolksjaer: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2019
Drug business e.g. Weed business

Thank me later when you see the returns.

8 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 05, 2019
You can start up an iPhone importation biz
It's a business i have being doing for quite sometime now.

You can get this iPhones to buy at cheap prices from some USA online marketplace like offerUp, Craiglist and many more,get a legit pickup agent to help you make the payment and help you ship the item to your address.You can start little then grow up the business over time.

One thing is for sure that it's going to sell fast considering the huge demand for iPhones in Nigeria,you can sell them using different classified online market places, YouTube videos, nairaland ads, Facebook ads, Instagram ads, popular blogs ads and their certain offline stores that ready to pay you for your imported iPhones once they arrive.

I bought my first landed property doing this biz right from the comfort of my home.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2019
You can sell BBQ fish or indomie and egg, sharwama or sell pure water and egg. You can sell weaves.

7 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by rickdaking(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2019
music, comedy or blogging. .abeg I don talk my own
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by midehill(m): 11:52am On Nov 05, 2019
@jimmy we are also in the same issue...iono if we can join resources togeda also
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by anonimi: 11:52am On Nov 05, 2019
Jimmy17:

Thanks in advance

Laundry for the rich kids.
Running errands for people - pay bills etc.
These two don't need much capital to start and you can employ people whom you manage tightly.

2 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2019
B
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by spafu(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2019
You can do freelancing. I will be lying if I tell you it is easy. I wonder spent about six months without a single order. I was ready to give up, but some times perseverance pays. Gradually I am back to making little income again. My target is to get to a point where I can make not less than the new minimum wage every month. What do you think off student earning a minimum wage while still at school? I wish I knew of freelancing and some other income sources while I was in school.

Meanwhile, this morning I earned my first Income for the month of November, a sum of $28.4. You can kindly help me to earn even more by simply clicking on the link on my signature:
Each of your click helps to boost my chances of making money and putting food on the table for me and my family.
Kindly click on my signature AT NO COST TO YOU (except of course, your data).
Thank you plenty you in advance.
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by LesbianBoy(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2019
OP since you just gained admission, I will advice you read your books and come out with or above 4.5 gpa in the first semester. Once your course mates notice you got such mark they would start seeing you like genius and want to associate with you especially the ladies. Some of them would want you to do assignments for them.....charge them! Some tutorials.....charge them! Some to copy you in the next test or exam.....charge them! grin grin grin grin grin grin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2019
MyOleSolksjaer:

Kids everywhere......

Take am abeg...
As e dey hot....

GBAS-GBOS!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by OttHin: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2019
MyOleSolksjaer:

Broda wey sabi

5 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by rickdaking(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
You can sell BBQ fish or indomie and egg, sharwama or sell pure water and egg. You can sell weaves.
ah ah chill naa
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by luiscarter(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2019
MyOleSolksjaer:

It pays like mad

3 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Xclusiveme: 11:54am On Nov 05, 2019
Forex trading
Sports betting/ trading
Writing and publishing on fiverr

2 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 05, 2019
post=83758589:

Na wa for u o!
So it is now a crime to have a business in school?

Do you think it is everyone that is as fortunate as you to have someone send them pocket money at the end of the month?

Some comments you read here sef!
I'm afraid you are the most laziest member of this forum. Pls Chek back my comment to see what I have posted. You gotta stop commenting on every thread here due to the nature of your business.
You might be exposing your self to danger. This is an anonymous site but it isn't hard to locate you.
If to say na only me, no wahala oh. But someone here doesn't understand small play oh. I just dey advice you oh. You too talk.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Business To Focus On In 2021 That Guaranteed Over 300k Monthly / How To Access The N50billion CBN COVID-19 Loan / Online Business: Do People Really Sell Online In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.