Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,525 members, 7,808,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

What Business Can I Start At The University? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Start At The University? (17911 Views)

Under 35 CEOs: I Started My Real Estate Company in the University - Arnold / Recommend Business I Can Start At Onitsha Main Market / Which Good And Profitable Business Can I Start With 500k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Omoapena(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2019
Op
My candid advice
Don’t get derailed from your studies, at times when the business starts to get into your head, you will pay more attention to the business compare to your studies...

You can’t kill 2 birds with a stone, finish your school with good grades and you will see yoursef in a better place.

I’ve been here also

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by JimD(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2019
Don't start any business. Learn web development and UX programming. Start with Jquery and HTML5
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by GeoAfrikana(m): 11:54am On Nov 05, 2019
Freelancing is the best.

Learn a skill (or sharpen an existing one). Could be writing, graphics, web design, statistical analysis etc Choose something you have passion for and is in demand. If it's related to your course of study then it's a win-win for you.

Brand yourself: freelancers are now upgrading to what business experts call solopreneurship. Solopreneurship is a one-man business. You create a logo for yourself, a brand name (even if your name will be your brand name) design a website, a business card, choose two colours (main colour and secondary colour) to represent your brand, create Social media handles (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are the most important). Create them even if you don't need them now.
Note: a website isn't a replacement for social media accounts and social media accounts aren't a substitute for a website. You need both.

Build your reputation: this takes time and it's a continuous process so the earlier you start the better. Do free or very cheap services for family, friends and colleagues. And them as samples to your website or social media channels.
Ask friends and family to like and follow your handles.
Ask for testimonial from your clients.

Promote yourself: Design e-flyers. Share industry tips that are useful to your audience and also show that you're an expert in what you're doing.

Read, watch and practice daily and continuously. It's easy to get outdated and you don't want that.

That's all I can gather now and it's how I built my solo business which you can see in my signature.

I might update this when I remember more.

6 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Demidov: 11:55am On Nov 05, 2019
Do something you like,
If you to draw art will be a good start
Photography wouldn't be bad either but honestly you need to be in the university environment to see a need you can provide solution to
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Jaybnjamin(m): 11:56am On Nov 05, 2019
People always quickly wanna jump into business without or little experience thinking its all gonna be peachy, I laugh...
Wait, till people use debt to send you packing.
Funny enough, there is no way to avoid debtors
Especially students... They must owe you.

Left for me, I will tell yoy like dis without mincing words.
Abort, abort mission.

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by amikable97: 11:57am On Nov 05, 2019
There are many businesses you can venture into
Popcorn sales (this can be done in the evening)
Photocopy, typing and printing of term paper (this can be time consuming)
Graphics design
Zobo, kunu and tiger nut drink business
Perfume oils sales
Sales of unisex wears and accessories
Art and portrait studio (If you sabi paint )
Photography
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by ennypita: 11:58am On Nov 05, 2019
It's not about starting a popcorn or mining business. The first thing u need do is study ur environment and look for a need. Get a solution to it and sell it to them. I bet u people will pay.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Omoapena(m): 11:59am On Nov 05, 2019
JimD:
Don't start any business. Learn web development and UX programming. Start with Jquery and HTML5

I wanna learn HTML
(Advance one)
Any recommendation
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Emmacula8(m): 11:59am On Nov 05, 2019
MyOleSolksjaer:
Drug business e.g. Weed business

Thank me later when you see the returns.
Haba

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by bodemattews(m): 11:59am On Nov 05, 2019
MEJOISLAND:

I'm afraid you are the most laziest member of this forum. You gotta stop commenting on every thread here due to the nature of your business.
You might be exposing your self to danger. This is an anonymous site but it isn't hard to locate you.
If to say na only me, no wahala oh.. I just dey warn you oh. You too talk.
you’re a bastaaard if you don’t locate me

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Online taxi service with uber or bolt...start as a driver partner....then grow your own fleet....thats what i plan to do as i commence study in noun next year....that is one of the many ideas i have grin

Laptop for sale grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5491361/laptop-sale
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by jerflakes(m): 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
Male Oloshoism
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
bodemattews:
you’re a bastaaard if you don’t locate me
Get lost kiddo. You are totally confused. This is not about you. Learn to read and understand simple sentences.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by DameB(f): 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jimmy17:
Hi, so I recently gained admission into the University of Ibadan and I've been thinking of a way to support myself...I was thinking of going into mining because of the vast mineral resources in the state but I heard mining is very capital intensive and highly risky..can anyone help me out with tips and pointers to get started??

Thanks in advance

Look for children attending expensive school to teach home lesson to. Add that to whatever biz others come up with. Make sure it's not time consuming
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by promisedeco(m): 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
Xclusiveme:
Forex trading
Sports betting/ trading
Writing and publishing on fiverr
How does publishing on fiverr work?
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Jamestown123: 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
Omoapena:
Op
My candid advice
Don’t get derailed from your studies, at times when the business starts to get into your head, you will pay more attention to the business compare to your studies...

You can’t kill 2 birds with a stone, finish your school with good grades and you will see yoursef in a better place.

I’ve been here also
If business starts to move well no be to dropout and just focus on his business? Graduating from school don't always guarantees u a good job.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Omoapena(m): 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jamestown123:
If business starts to move well no be to dropout and just focus on his business? Graduating from school don't always guarantees u a good job.

He would still need education to grow bigger in the business

Never down talk or degrade education in any circumstances...
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Omoapena(m): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
DaMarsian:
Online taxi service with uber or bolt...start as a driver partner....then grow your own fleet....thats what i plan to do as i commence study in noun next year....that is one of the many ideas i have grin

Laptop for sale grin

Bad idea

That’s very much time consuming, and besides, it will hinder your education...
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by JimD(m): 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
Omoapena:

I wanna learn HTML
(Advance one)
Any recommendation

Everything is on YouTube bro.
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Jamestown123: 12:10pm On Nov 05, 2019
MEJOISLAND:

Get lost kiddo. You are totally confused. This is not about you. Learn to read and understand simple sentences.
If though it's not about him u don't have the right to say such

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Xclusiveme: 12:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
promisedeco:

How does publishing on fiverr work?

By writing an interesting solid article and converting to a pdf file(ebook) and publishing it on fiverr and inputing your desired amount of the article
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by gaiza: 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jimmy17:
Hi, so I recently gained admission into the University of Ibadan and I've been thinking of a way to support myself...I was thinking of going into mining because of the vast mineral resources in the state but I heard mining is very capital intensive and highly risky..can anyone help me out with tips and pointers to get started??

Thanks in advance

You can go into Printing business with a good HP printer and sale of Recharge cards especially online sales like RNG (recharge and get paid) or even the normal paper recharge card. Students are always printing assignments, term paper, project work etc and must always buy recharge cards for Voice and Data. These businesses are good and will not affect your studz.
However, you will need to embark on a massive awareness campaign starting from your classmates via your Class Rep and other Reps, Notice boards etc.
And be Faithful to customers...its one open secret of business that many have failed to recognised. Many Tailors are guilty!

Shalom

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
Omoapena:

Bad idea

That’s very much time consuming, and besides, it will hinder your education...
do you know the motto of noun?....and the institution was designed for the working class....you just need to adjust your schedules....which is y an income source that'll let you do that is the best option....with uber for example you earn at your own chosen time...and not some oga oga controlled kind of time allocation. You need to see me in the next couple of years grin

Laptop for sale grin
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by GuestLog: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
MEJOISLAND:

I'm afraid you are the most laziest member of this forum. Pls Chek back my comment to see what I have posted. You gotta stop commenting on every thread here due to the nature of your business.
You might be exposing your self to danger. This is an anonymous site but it isn't hard to locate you.
If to say na only me, no wahala oh. But someone here doesn't understand small play oh. I just dey advice you oh. You too talk.
Thank you for washing this MannerlessBBQ guy with the meat water he deserves. He talks too much and one can tell he's an idiot simply by his political stance.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by nellyzkid(m): 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Online business is a good idea ..but bet me nothing pays more if you are a music producer...with great talent and skills believe me you will lack nothing while in school and at your own convenience time you can work.
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Burgerlomo: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Sonsly041:

1.Look for a beautiful lady.

2.look for a suitable location for the business especially where guys usually hang around.

3.start your popcorn business.

4. Sale sale....

5. Thank me later

Use beautiful lady as a bait for more sales grin

2 Likes

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
safarigirl, if i recall, makes money from writing. you have to have the talent for this though
if you can buy a camera, you can do photo business. people in school will always take pictures. it was a hustle when i was there
you can learn to cut hair and barb students. just make sure you know how to cut hair though
car washing is a tested and trusted money maker, though you may or may not be comfortable washing cars of students
selling of recharge card. i guess this will still be viable for students - however, you wil have to secure your cards very very well

remember you are there to study. whatever you do should not take over your studies
do not think of yahoo yaho if you know what is good for you.
the cocks have finally come home to roost on tht matter
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by Burgerlomo: 12:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
1kbusiness:
Lemme pitch my tenth here. This thread is for me.

1 Like

Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by toolate2fail(m): 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hello Sir can you please link me up? am interested pls and pls

ainas247:
cool Get a skill for now.
web design WordPress HTML

if you have the money to get a camera and learn photography and editing... (You won't go broke with this);
Look for girls in your class our any class take em, edit it, post on your IG and tag them... her friend would see it and they would come
for you. I have a brother doing this

investing in business it's not always a win-win.
Re: What Business Can I Start At The University? by CirocBoi(m): 12:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
GuestLog:
1. As a university student, you have the great opportunity of affiliate marketing. Get any program that rewards cash for referrals, print the marketing catch along with your links and paste everywhere paste able. (Passive income)

2. You can also sell 2nd hand clothes to girls and reap money like a pro. (Risk of debt)

3. Also, register as a POS agent in the hostel. People can make withdrawal from you without going to town to make money withdrawal. (High risk of robbery)

4. Organise interdepartmental beauty peagents or month-end shows. (You need support from stakeholders)

5. Open a shop besides the hostel for gas refill and also sell hotplates. (Low risk)

6. Soccer viewing center if the hostel doesn't have a common room with TV. (Low risk)

7. Open a well packaged Akara joint. Trust me, you will build a house from this. (Low risk if you can put your pride aside)

8. Laundry service. (Low risk)

9. Video games & snooker joint. (Low risk)

10. Fast food joint or. Indomie & eggs, kinda business. (Low risk but your grades may suffer if you do not manage your time well)

Business Ideas To Avoid

* Betshop
* Prostitution
* Sale of stolen items
* Malpractice agent
* Pimpin'
* Gigalo

My one Kobo advice
Find time to learn a skill in a relevant trade to your studies. It'll keep you many steps ahead of your peers and secure your future better.

He can make a lot of money from cloths if he is fashion oriented, plus the university can be his primary source of income if he can make friends with the rich kids

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naira Tumbles To 360 As Dollar Supply Dries Up / Nigeria Sells $3 Billion Eurobonds - Largest Ever. / 90% Of 2023 Diaspora Remittances Didn’t Get To Nigeria — Oyedele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.