Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? (51507 Views)

Man Reveals Harsh Living Conditions Of Asylum Seekers In Portugal (video) / Portugal Job Seekers Visa / Homosexuality: Nigerians Now Top Asylum Seekers In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2019
You think they have short memories?
Was it not 3 months ago that Nigerians pulled off an armed robbery in dubai? Which other migrants have done anything like that?

Even legit professionals will be getting side eye, much less unskilled laborers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nigerians dey forget things kiya Kiya grin

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
ornicus:
You think they have short memories?
Was it not 3 months ago that Nigerians pulled off an armed robbery in dubai? Which other migrants have done anything like that?

Even legit professionals will be getting side eye, much less unskilled laborers
..... Gbammmm ! cool
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2019
illitrate:
wetin dem do?

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by idu1(m): 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
majamajic:
what people fail to understand is as oil producing country , Nigerians are not entitled to some types of jobs in Dubai, Ethiopians and Ghanaians can do some minimal jobs that Nigerians are not entitled to

most Nigerians in Dubai do self made jobs in Dubai ,

don't be decieved by this topic !!!

many security outfit in Dubai don't employ Nigerians cos u can't ride them , they prefer Indians , but go night clubs in Dubai u see naija guys doing bouncing jobs , cos they earn up to 700k a month , both from tips and salary ,

Indians directors hate Nigerians cos u can't ride them in Normal security jobs

and once a Nigerian guy know his ways he will cancel his Kobo Kobo job u give him and move on unlike other African countries

that's the truth , naija guys too tough to ride !!

What is ride?
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
seunlayi:
Is this where we are today? No wonder the president can even go to UK for a private holiday has if the whole of sambissa is not enough to rest
.... Na President Buhari make our blodas go do Robbery for dem country ? As if the whole Nigeria is not enough to do dem Robbery Mugu grin grin grin

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by salford: 7:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

This has nothing to do with leaders but the dishonest character of 80 percent of Nigerians
Exactly. Some are living in Malaysia, SA, Dubai, US etc and still continue with scamming.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
A friend live there with her husband. She said that getting jobs as Nigerian is very tough no matter your qualification and double wahala if you are a woman.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by salford: 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
KaptainAfrika:
GOOD ENOUGH TO BE A TOURIST AND SPEND MONEY IN DUBAI, BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO GET A JOB THERE - THEIR COUNTRY, THEIR RULES.
If na you nko. Will you trust a cat with a fish?
grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
Godsonkemz:
Buhari has succeeded in reducing the value of Nigerians outside Nigeria. Little wonder the outside world now regard us as lazy Nigerian youths, corrupt and fraudsters.
.... Yes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Larryfest(m): 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
Halimvh:

What will happen to people in this condition if caught? Will the UAE government deport them instantly or jail them first?
If you can't pay then you will be jailed before getting deported and i heard the jail is the kind you get to choose the weather condition yourself, extreme cold(full industrial AC in your cell) or extreme heat( direct UAE 44-46° heat) either way when you are finally sent back home you will have serious health issues.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by kayroc: 7:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
BiggyB242:

Lol Naija, always look for a loop hole in the system and use it to your advantage this one of the reason for this post.

Oga it is so tough out there. Guys need to find solution. Don't blame us too much abeg.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Nickshrapnel: 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
I know how much I’ve lost out because I am a Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Larryfest(m): 7:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
biobab23:

To get job here in UAE agents charges from 70k-150k for jobs that's resident visa is not even guaranteed and mind u after ur tourist expires you will need to go for visa change at the cost of 200k+ and remember too much money for accommodation here small bunk na 50-80k monthly in a room consisting of 7-10pple inside infact UAE not easy for naija for now

Bro no be lie, i spent every dime on me finish begin dey chop bread and noodles daily like craze person..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by kevoh(m): 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
idu1:

What is ride?
It means bully or take advantage of.

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by millionboi2: 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
Larryfest:
Dubai is presently tough for Nigerian hustlers as you can see for yourself, a lot are just roaming the streets of UAE without Jobs and 50% have even overstayed there visa mind you the first day of visa overstay is 35k plus 10k for every additional days and you must pay every dime before they let you exit their country..
hahahaha
Imagine if u stay over 31yrs
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Hammedsodiq: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nigeria Government we are tired of going to Europe to Look For Greener Pasture pls Create Employment Opportunities to Masses

1 Like

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by maasoap(m): 7:41pm On Nov 05, 2019
greenguy:
What a pity. I think we're almost getting there, the point where things become so bad everywhere and we begin to hold our leaders accountable; only then can we start making progress.

Nigeria, a country where hope dwindles for the ordinary man everyday regardless of how hard you struggle to better your own life, you're only met with frustration.

Just keep pushing bros, you'll get a job. I wish you all the best.

Let's take responsibility for once. Our leaders don't solely responsible for bad image Nigerians have abroad. Many foreign countries receive tons of scamming emails from Nigeria yahoo boys everyday, pushing drugs in almost every fvcking country, flying to Dubai just to organise how to rob bureau de change in UAE, not even once, prostitution like Nigerian ladies and women are the only ones there. Yet we blame our leaders for our irresponsibility

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Lucasbalo(m): 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
illitrate:
wetin dem do?
Can't they go back to Nigeria instead of being humiliated by these Arabs ?. A lot of people that i know are making it big in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by maasoap(m): 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
sonature1:
It's hard defending Nigerians overseas.

Many of us don't know, but this country is technically finished.

What is technically finished are Nigerians. We're not hurting Nigeria because it can't feel it but we can.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by zuto4u(m): 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
This is really bad! I remember when I was still searching for a job in Dubai, I managed to get an invitation for a job interview after thousands of fruitless job applications. But what got me infuriated was when I got there, the interviewer asked about my nationality, I told him am a Nigerian and he said "sorry we don't take Nigerians." Oh! I nearly pulled down that office that day. I was asking him whether he did not see where I boldly specified my nationality on my CV before inviting me for an interview. And I left all the way from Ajman to Dubai for that interview.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by damosade(m): 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
Gerrard59:
Let's not forget that foreigners are jealous "of our hustling spirit" and "we being richer than anyone". I've said it repeatedly, wherever you are and the image of Nigerians is horrible and likened to fraudsters (the average Nigerian comes across as a criminal to me these days), never claim being a Nigerian! Unfortunately, this would not be so because a prospective employee's passport will be required prior to employment.

But hey, they are "jealous of our hustling spirit". According to Twitter so-called intellectuals, why are they not treating Swiss or Americans like that? Keep comparing yourself to people who have a huge leverage in the international community.
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by maasoap(m): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
LesbianBoy:
Shebi most of you support fraud. How do you want them to give Nigerians jobs when the activities of yahoo boys is hurting them seriously angry

Thanks man. They all would be yabbing EFCC for rounding up yahoo boys in one thread, they would be complaining how the bad reputation of Nigeria is limiting their opportunities abroad in another thread

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Kennyswagz2: 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
Gerrard59:
Let's not forget that foreigners are jealous "of our hustling spirit" and "we being richer than anyone". I've said it repeatedly, wherever you are and the image of Nigerians is horrible and likened to fraudsters (the average Nigerian comes across as a criminal to me these days), never claim being a Nigerian! Unfortunately, this would not be so because a prospective employee's passport will be required prior to employment.

But hey, they are "jealous of our hustling spirit". According to Twitter so-called intellectuals, why are they not treating Swiss or Americans like that? Keep comparing yourself to people who have a huge leverage in the international community.
you mean igbos? Cause only them talk like that.. You will hear things like "they hate us", "they are jealous of us", "they don't want us to progress", they are envious of us", they are marginalizing us", "their women prefer us" and some other useless and nonsense bullshit they say that will make you want to vomit angryangryangrycheesycheesygrin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Sola15(m): 7:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nigerians are facing a lot here with getting jobs due to bad reputation. So many crimes are being committed by Nigerians. Some will cancel their employment after some months, whereas, the company paid lots of money to do residence for them.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by partnerbizn5(m): 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2019
Larryfest:
Dubai is presently tough for Nigerian hustlers as you can see for yourself, a lot are just roaming the streets of UAE without Jobs and 50% have even overstayed there visa mind you the first day of visa overstay is 35k plus 10k for every additional days and you must pay every dime before they let you exit their country..

How correct is this your comment on overstay?
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by ikwedim(m): 7:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
What I see in Thailand my mouth no fit talk am. I claim Senegalese to any white woman I met. Once you mistakenly say you be nige.... You don't need to finish ria before you see their face expression. One thing is those in Dubai won't tell you what they are facing untill you get there. The truth is it is over for naija. Let the country divide. The name NIGERIA is a badluck to us

17 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Mac2016(m): 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
Part of the most painful is that Nigerians are grouped with Pakistani (and Bangladeshis atimes). It's so sad

3 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by seancombs617: 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
Dubai ti cast cry
Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by BouharryArtikou: 7:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
If we are rejected like this, it will make us to choose our leaders wisely.
It’s good this is happening to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Happening to Nigerian Job Seekers In Dubai? by Isoduwa(m): 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
Nigerians should come back home and fix their zoo � �

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra International Airport: Innoson Begins Production Of Jet-Steps / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas / FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.