Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports (15713 Views)

Shehu Sani : Nigeria Should Be More Worried About The Protest Of The Unemployed! / Uba Sani: Senator’s Nude Video, Photo Go Viral / Why isn't the government mailing PVCs, drivers licenses, and passports? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Handsomecole(m): 6:33am On Nov 05, 2019
Senator Sani wants Nigerian Passports,West African Currencies Printed In Nigeria.

Kenneth Udeh Abuja

Chairman Senate Committee on Banking , Insurance and Other Financial Institutions, Senator Uba Sani has expressed the willingness of the 9th Senate to support the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting company to produce Nigerian passports locally. The Kaduna Senator representing Kaduna Central Senatorial District also assured the Senate's resolve to ensure that monies being owed to the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) by some Nigerians were recovered.

Uba stated this in a brief interview in Abuja, shortly after the Managing Director of Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON), Ahmed Kuru and Abbas Umar Masanawa the Managing Director of the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting company (NSPMC) appeared before the Senate Committee on Banking, Insurance and other Financial Institutions led by himself (Senator Uba) and Senator Orji Uzor Kalu.

How would you rate the state of AMCON and the NSPMC

"The meeting went very well, as you are aware that both agencies very critical to the development of our country most especially AMCON, ours is to support and work closely with them to ensure that the money that has been with some few Nigerians are recovered.

Mr. President has just recently precisely in July decided to amend the AMCON ACT , so that they can operate in a better way and function better, because as I speak to you we have over 4 trillion naira which needs to be recovered from some few debtors. From our records, this amount of money is being dominated by less than 20% of debtors by application less than 300 people are holding that money which is the government's money and the government can also take over the debts from commercial banks so that they can save the banks from collapsing and the shareholders money will not just disappear. As we are speaking nine years precisely after the establishment of AMCON there has been very little or nothing.

"But with the intervention of Mr. President and our efforts here in the national assembly we will be to try and see how we will be able to move very fast to achieve the recovery. We believe that with the support of other agencies like EFCC , ICPC and other agencies the money can be recovered quickly and where it is not necessary.
We are at the National Assembly are of the opinion that AMCON should auction the asset instead of keeping them because keeping those assets will also mean that AMCON will continue to spend money to manage those assets . So by our direction today we are looking forward to implementing the new areas which we believe we can support AMCON to actualize their mandate within the shortest possible time.

"In the case of security printing and minting PLC we also aware that it is a very critical agency but the problem is that most of the security documents we are printing in the country today are being taken over by companies that are dominated by foreigners.
The issue of infrastructure is also very fundamental we also commend Mr. President's directive that all documents should be printed by Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company. I have no doubt in my mind if Mr. President’s directive is being implemented as it is at the moment the securities minting and printing would be more viable they can sustain themselves and even generate more money to the country.
Currently many countries that we have been to have most of their security documents printed by their government agency like security printing and minting and we need to encourage them.

"We also found out that they have the capacity to do that but most importantly all the staff of the security printing and minting are Nigerians. By that it means we can have our documents safe and well protected.

"We can even go beyond printing those security documents in Nigeria by printing the security documents of other African countries here in Nigeria and that is the target at the moment.

What's Your Opinion on President Buhari's directive to print Nigerian passports Locally ?

"The companies that were initially awarded those contracts, to print those passports were given up to December this year so I have no doubt in my mind that it won't be a problem,since their contracts have been given a limit.

"We may not have any problems of litigation so there is an obligation on the side of the Government to fulfil any contractual agreement and I think that it’s only the Nigerian immigration that needs to obey. I have no doubt in my mind that they will comply with the President’s directives and here in the national assembly we have committees from internal affairs and the committee that is also responsible to look into the case of Nigerian immigration services. Our committee will work together and for us to resolve any issue so that we can also allow the security printing and minting to move on with printing of new passports, because at the moment the passports are even scarce if you to the immigration office and you want to have your passport now you might not necessarily get it because there is this dispute going on and I believe that it would be resolved as soon as possible that is the only solution.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sunnewsonline.com/senator-sani-wants-nigerian-passports-west-african-currencies-printed-in-nigeria/amp/

1 Like

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Ruggedniggaone: 6:38am On Nov 05, 2019
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:49am On Nov 05, 2019
Senator Uba Sani has expressed the willingness of the 9th Senate to support the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting company to produce Nigerian passports locally.
We should have been doing this from day one.
Unfortunately, our country has been plagued with bad and corrupt leaders since democracy started and much more before then.

It is good to know we are starting to get things right gradually.

Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great again.

God bless Nigeria

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by SodomSluts: 6:49am On Nov 05, 2019
They can only allow Nigeria to print something like Ugandan shillings,
Make I hear say Nigeria go print Pound sterling.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Jordan97: 6:49am On Nov 05, 2019
Hmm
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Appswheel(m): 6:50am On Nov 05, 2019
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by OnlyJesusSaves: 6:50am On Nov 05, 2019
I hear u
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Cumtroller: 6:50am On Nov 05, 2019
Head of AMCON - Northerner
Head of NSPMC - Northerner
Contribution of the North to the National Treasury - Zero

Buhari well done

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by inoki247: 6:50am On Nov 05, 2019
No b us dey print our Passport doz Polymer sef no b us dey print am dey are talking about printing money for other countries. Take the Log out of ur eye first...

8 Likes

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Jasen1(m): 6:50am On Nov 05, 2019
angry
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by iCauseTrouble: 6:50am On Nov 05, 2019
Them never even print our own passport and currency finish. The senator should just keep quiet if he has nothing reasonable to say

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Robnectar(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2019
And from there we start printing fake money for other nations abi??, sco pa tu mana grin

4 Likes

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:51am On Nov 05, 2019
..........as I speak to you we have over 4 trillion naira which needs to be recovered from some few debtors. 
Can we know the names of the debtors please?!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Oblitz(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2019
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Hotzone(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2019
Is that our problem or una don dey lobby for office

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by WildChild00(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2019
When we have not been able to finish printing ours, is not not being able to remove the log in one's own eyes and you are trying to remove that of another person.
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by BigSarah(f): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2019
Future unachievable tense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by vibbb: 6:53am On Nov 05, 2019
Of all the problems this country is having, printing other countries currency is what Oga sani is talking about.
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Sonnobax15(m): 6:53am On Nov 05, 2019
lipsrsealed Very funny politicians..as if we don't know that looting one ghana-must-go of dollars is equivalent to ten ghana-must-go of our naira...these thieves doesn't mean anything good 4 us the citizens at all.

1 Like

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Drbest99(m): 6:53am On Nov 05, 2019
Please nairalanders I'm a student, I need 50k to pay my school fees and other charges. This is not a scam, I'm really stalked please. Account number 0153989965 gtbank, Blessed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Robnectar(m): 6:53am On Nov 05, 2019
post=83750951:
Senator Uba Sani has expressed the willingness of the 9th Senate to support the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting company to produce Nigerian passports locally.
alaye, u supposed don tire for all dis asslickng shiiiiit mehn, is more like u playing on people's instinct

16 Likes

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by hisgrace090: 6:53am On Nov 05, 2019
We elected you guys to move this nation forward.
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 05, 2019
They are waiting for dangote to propose a printing and minting press first.

What's my own, I haven't finished with my car tracking business self.
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Sleemzy3(f): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2019
post=83750951:

Can we know the names of the debtors please?!
copyright thief, what's your own in knowing the names of the debtors. If you know their names what will you do?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by chinavs9ja(m): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2019
sad

Check my signature
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Kendumazy(m): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2019
Audio promises at its peak! Thought they have started printing our passports locally already. In fact, was thinking the newly upgraded ones were printed in Nigeria. Mheen! Ordinary passport printing press na wahala for these people. Okay oooooooo! Government should just beg pastor oyedepo to handle this project and in a month to 4 months, it's completed and running already.

2 Likes

Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by saheedbadmus(m): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2019
Hmm
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by Situation001(m): 6:55am On Nov 05, 2019
why
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by potbelly(m): 6:56am On Nov 05, 2019
Because other nations don't have their own printing press abi undecided

How did we get here...
Re: Uba Sani: Nigeria Should Start Printing Other Nation's Currencies And Passports by QuotaSystem: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2019
Brilliant Idea.

Our leaders are beginning to think.

There is no reason we shouldn't already be handling the security printing & minting of other African countries, starting with the W/African sub region, since we have the capacity.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: North Can't Afford To Let Tinubu Down - Kashim Shettima / President Jonathan Decides On Emergency Rule In Borno, Others Today / Kogi Guber: Supreme Court Upholds Yahaya Bello's Re-Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.