Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga (8512 Views)

JUST IN: Peter Obi Wins Lagos, Shredding Bola Tinubu’s Toga Of Invincibility In / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta / 7 Reasons Why Atiku Corrupt Toga Is a Myth !!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
obehi247:

Before 1960, a referendum was held in the UK and it was agreed upon that people of unique ethnicity would form a state or region and a total of six state or region was identified with people of unique ethnicity, they include:

(1) The Northern region
(2) The Middle belt region
(3) The Western region
(4) The Mid Western region
(5) The Core region
(6) The Eastern region

Keyword: " people of unique ethnicity" especially with similarities or historical link, because of the pre-existing relationship.

Unfortunately, only the Midwestern region was created before the 1966 coup. And Delta Ibos didn't ask for their federating unit to be unified with the Eastern region because they insisted
didn't that they don't share any thing in common with the Eastern region.

Now people like you that do not know this fact would wake up one morning and write rubbish. I have a friend, an indigen of Ibuzu that clearly told me she is not Igbo but Ibo. When you know your fact come and let us know not the insensitive sentiment you are writing with

Lolzzz

You funny ooooo....I just like your writing style grin grin grin.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
[quote author=Kpoikpoi post=83812735]Maybe you can claim that Ijaws are Igbos too because Goodluck Jonathan has Ebele as his middle name.
OKORO people are useless claiming everything and everybody.
Maybe Akwa Ibom State is Igbo too because we have people named Okoro.
Stupid Uneghe people. [/quote

Most of the people writing this things haveno idea of what they are writing, they are just writing at of sentiment.... Help me ask them if the d supposed Delta "Igbo" dey complain about their status quo. Now force to be biafra.... Okowa said if the Niger Delta people decide to take the same mantle as Ipob Nigeria as a country would seize to exist. After such statement una never still know say Delta Ibos no be Igbo, una need help
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Ikechunna: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
kingzizzy:

So you dont see the mistake you are making? Nigeria carved you guys into the Midwest Region, you became "Midwest Igbos"

They then carved you into Bendel, you became "Bendelite Igbo"

Now you have been carved into Delta, you have become "Delta Igbos"

Should Nigeria carve you into another area tomorrow and call it imbecillia state, will you become an "imbecillic Igbo"?

This has got nothing to do with inferiority mistake, this has more to do with the gradual erosion of the identity of a part of Igbo land by the agents of division in Nigeria, and naturally, an Igbo man like me wont be happy with that

Explain to me how that’s erosion of identity? Are we saying we are not Igbo? NO WE ARE NOT!!!!!!! Thus, this is indeed inferiority complex on the part of SE Igbos that seems to have a problem with the term. We just self identify as Delta Igbo because Delta has more than one tribe in it. Simple as ABC!! Some Ijaws identify as Izon, which the Ijaw accept as Ijaw term. I doubt I’ve ever seen any Ijaw complain of it. Likewise, those of you guys in SE have names you call unaselves names per state such a Wawa for Enugu people thus, why aren't you and others like you see that as a "gradual erosion of the identity of a part of Igbo land by the agents of division in Nigeria"?
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Ikechunna: 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2019
obehi247:
Thank you for bringing this to our notice. However, ibos in Delta State are not Igbo but Midwestern people of Edo and Delta State.
The Onisha bridge is the natural demarcation between the Ibos and the Igbo. Asaba is not igbo, Agbor is not igbo, Obiaroko is not igbo, Abe is not igbo, Ibuzu is not igbo.... let me quickly add this, the only primer (governor) of the Midwestern state was an Asaba man by name Dennis chukwma Osadebe and the road where the Edo State government house is located is still called Dennis Osadebe Avenue. This is to inform you that, the Ibos of Edo and Delta State are unique people and not part of the Igbo nation even if there is similarities in some pronunciation

Let me also add this, just because their are similarities in the Edo language and the Yoruba language from the West, does not make Edo Yoruba neither does it make Yoruba Edo and also, similarities in the Edo language from the East and Igbo language does not make Edo Igbo neither does it make Igbo Edo...

You are more ignorant than they are. Anioma IS NOT EDO!!!!! You Edo people need to get that through una heads and stop forcing unaselves on us!!!

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by gidgiddy: 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2019
obehi247:

Before 1960, a referendum was held in the UK and it was agreed upon that people of unique ethnicity would form a state or region and a total of six state or region was identified with people of unique ethnicity, they include:

(1) The Northern region
(3) The Western region
(5) The Core region
(6) The Eastern region

Keyword: " people of unique ethnicity" especially with similarities or historical link, because of the pre-existing relationship.

Unfortunately, only the Midwestern region was created before the 1966 coup. And Delta Ibos didn't ask for their federating unit to be unified with the Eastern region because they insisted

Now people like you that do not know this fact would wake up one morning and write rubbish. I have a friend, an indigen of Ibuzu that clearly told me she is not Igbo but Ibo. When you know your fact come and let us know not the insensitive sentiment you are writing with

Theres one thing you forgot to add in this narrative. The Igbos of the old Western Region, that later became part of the Midwestern Region, were never given a referendum to join the Eastern Region. The referendum was about giving a group of ethnic nationalities who were not predominantly Yoruba, a separate Region. So when you say that the so called 'Delta Igbos' didn't ask to be united with the East, that does not even arise since that option was not on the table.

Also, you talk about 'unique ethnicity'. No such thing ever existed in the Regions. The Eastern Region had Ijaws, Igbos, Ibibios, Ogonis

The Northern Region had Hausas, Fulanis, Berom, Tiv

The Midwest had Uhrobo, Igbos, Edo, Itsekiri

So where is this unique ethnicity the Regions were based on?

The most laughable thing about all this is you saying that the so called 'Delta Igbo' has nothing in common with Eastern Region. Somebody speaks Igbo as his ancestral language, has an Igbo surname but he has nothing in common with Igbo? Are you for real?

Agbor is a town close to the border of Edo state, yet, an Edo man cannot understand the Igbo language of Agbor people. The king of Agbor is a man called Ikechukwu Keagborekuzi, an Igbo name. Yet you say that these Agbor people have more in common with Edo than me, an Igbo man who speaks the same ancestral language as them and have the same surname with them.

You people are just too much

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by nku5: 7:42am On Nov 08, 2019
obehi247:

(1) The Northern region
(3) The Western region
(5) The Core region
(6) The Eastern region

Blood of Nebuchadnezzar shocked which referendum in UK grin grin grin what type of primary 2 lie be this. Do you know what a referendum is? So who voted in the referendum? British people

Have you ever heard of the willinks commission?? Chai

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by GumGum: 5:31pm On Nov 16, 2019
obehi247:

(1) The Northern region
(3) The Western region
(5) The Core region
(6) The Eastern region

It is mind boggling that you insist on peddling falsities and hearsay. First of all, if the creation of states was formed for people of "unique ethnicity" solely, it'd have been unreasonable to have a mid western state or even a middle belt region. This is because these areas do not have a single unique ethnicity. There are numerous tribes in these regions and the only reason why they were created as a state or region was to give a sort of autonomy to them.

Secondly, you do not know how unintelligent you sound when you keep repeating that Ibo is different from Igbo. This very misnomer makes almost everything else you write invalid. That some people have decided to claim they aren't Igbo yet say they are Ibo is funny and asinine at the same time. I repeat that Ibo is an anglisized form of Igbo and anyone who claims to be Ibo inadvertently claims to be Igbo.

Lastly, you should be able to decipher when one writes with sentiments and when one writes with reasonably stated facts. You, my friend, are adamant at maintaining a falsity as truth and continue to propagate lies as facts. Sadly, many Igbo's claim they are of a different ethnicity yet they speak the language, have the same or similar culture and traditions, and share a common ancestry. Let it be known that the creation of states in Nigeria has been more destabilizing to the Igbos than any other tribe in Nigeria: it has made many refuse their ancestry.

N.B: The Igbos of Equatorial Guinea who speak an archaic dialect and have some dissimilarities with mainland Nigerian Igbos still proclaim their heritage proudly. Only those who are blinded by political manipulations, which will eventually haunt them as a whole, reject their ethnicity and call themselves something else.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
GumGum:

It is mind boggling that you insist on peddling falsities and hearsay. First of all, if the creation of states was formed for people of "unique ethnicity" solely, it'd have been unreasonable to have a mid western state or even a middle belt region. This is because these areas do not have a single unique ethnicity. There are numerous tribes in these regions and the only reason why they were created as a state or region was to give a sort of autonomy to them.

Secondly, you do not know how unintelligent you sound when you keep repeating that Ibo is different from Igbo. This very misnomer makes almost everything else you write invalid. That some people have decided to claim they aren't Igbo yet say they are Ibo is funny and asinine at the same time. I repeat that Ibo is an anglisized form of Igbo and anyone who claims to be Ibo inadvertently claims to be Igbo.

Lastly, you should be able to decipher when one writes with sentiments and when one writes with reasonably stated facts. You, my friend, are adamant at maintaining a falsity as truth and continue to propagate lies as facts. Sadly, many Igbo's claim they are of a different ethnicity yet they speak the language, have the same or similar culture and traditions, and share a common ancestry. Let it be known that the creation of states in Nigeria has been more destabilizing to the Igbos than any other tribe in Nigeria: it has made many refuse their ancestry.

N.B: The Igbos of Equatorial Guinea who speak an archaic dialect and have some dissimilarities with mainland Nigerian Igbos still proclaim their heritage proudly. Only those who are blinded by political manipulations, which will eventually haunt them as a whole, reject their ethnicity and call themselves something else.

Answers to your self proclaim intelligence or strange intellectual sentiment:

(P1) a. Keyword:Unique ethnicity and Historic ties. The Ibo people of Delta State had the right and privileges to make a decision on how and where to place their federating unit and they didn't choice the Eastern Igbo region then and even till now, have no associate with the Eastern Igbo region. Please stop forcing then to do so.

b. The people decided collectively on where they want there federating unit to be placed willing. The people would have revolted if it was imposed on them.

(P2). I tell you now that, once upon a time, I was unintelligent like the way you are now. However, a girl from Ibuozo and a boy from Obiaroko, Agbor,Abe educated me on the differences between the Ibos and the Igbo people with documented proof

(P3) lastly my review on you is that, you are just writing to gain reliance and cheap publicity with sentimental "wetin I hear say then talk, I nor read am oh, I hear say then talk am" which to some extent is okay because you are entitled to your "wetin I hear say them say" opinion.

Further more, Fulani language and Hausa language sound the same to a neutral person untill you are very close to them, that's when you notice the differences. However, same goes to the Igbo and Ibo people.

My offer to of you:

Instead of this unwise blind fight, why not agitate for a unify Southern Nigeria that can measure up with the already existing Norther Nigeria. And if you think state creation was to divide the Igbo people, ask your parliamentarians to come up with a motion to unify the Eastern region into one unique entity or state. This way you can better achieve the Biafra you always wanted or tell them to go for it and raise the motion for independent Biafra. Tony Enahoro raised that of the present day Nigeria. Today you fight Hausa, tomorrow Yoruba, next tomorrow I want Biafra and you are confused and unsettled. Stand and fight, stop this coward nature of yours. Please stop using sentiment to try and gain sympathy for other unique people that have nothing to do with you.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by GumGum: 11:46pm On Nov 20, 2019
obehi247:

Answers to your self proclaim intelligence or strange intellectual sentiment:

(P1) a. Keyword:Unique ethnicity and Historic ties. The Ibo people of Delta State had the right and privileges to make a decision on how and where to place their federating unit and they didn't choice the Eastern Igbo region then and even till now, have no associate with the Eastern Igbo region. Please stop forcing then to do so.

b. The people decided collectively on where they want there federating unit to be placed willing. The people would have revolted if it was imposed on them.

(P2). I tell you now that, once upon a time, I was unintelligent like the way you are now. However, a girl from Ibuozo and a boy from Obiaroko, Agbor,Abe educated me on the differences between the Ibos and the Igbo people with documented proof

(P3) lastly my review on you is that, you are just writing to gain reliance and cheap publicity with sentimental "wetin I hear say then talk, I nor read am oh, I hear say then talk am" which to some extent is okay because you are entitled to your "wetin I hear say them say" opinion.

Further more, Fulani language and Hausa language sound the same to a neutral person untill you are very close to them, that's when you notice the differences. However, same goes to the Igbo and Ibo people.

My offer to of you:

Instead of this unwise blind fight, why not agitate for a unify Southern Nigeria that can measure up with the already existing Norther Nigeria. And if you think state creation was to divide the Igbo people, ask your parliamentarians to come up with a motion to unify the Eastern region into one unique entity or state. This way you can better achieve the Biafra you always wanted or tell them to go for it and raise the motion for independent Biafra. Tony Enahoro raised that of the present day Nigeria. Today you fight Hausa, tomorrow Yoruba, next tomorrow I want Biafra and you are confused and unsettled. Stand and fight, stop this coward nature of yours. Please stop using sentiment to try and gain sympathy for other unique people that have nothing to do with you.

It is obvious you do not like to learn from people. There is nothing you have written with evidence or facts. I am done explaining things to you. Nairaland is a place where you can learn new, beneficial things. You should try your best to have an open mind and learn.

You are clearly sentimental and not ready to grab facts but instead cling to hearsays. Enjoy.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by MetaPhysical: 1:00am On Nov 21, 2019
gidgiddy:
About a week ago I went visit my sister at her home and met her with her friends 10 year old daughter who was also visiting. When I asked the girl where she was from she said she is a "Delta Igbo" from Ibuzo in Delta state. I had to tell the girl that Ibuzo was just the short form of "Igbo bi n'uzo" which translates as "Igbos who live along the road". It struck me that the younger generation of Igbos indigenous to Delta state now call themselves "Delta Igbos" as if this is an actual ethnic group. It's almost like me saying that I'm "Anambra Igbo" or calling calling Emeka Ihedioha an "Imo Igbo"

The Governor of Delta State happens to be an Igbo man. I think that Governor Ifeanyi Okowa should do something to halt this trend of of people starting to believe theres an ethnic group called "Delta Igbo", no such thing exists, Igbo is Igbo. Ifeanyi Okowa should make a proclamation or a public utterance reminding indigenous Igbos of Delta state that the appellation "Delta" is just for geographical convenience and not an actual ethnic name. If this is allowed to continue, in another 50 years, these people will start calling themselves "Deltans"

The bolded suggests Igbo were not indigeneous to that area.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Taba21: 1:29am On Nov 21, 2019
Igbosmoker:
Waste of time, it's not even possible. There are some people in that delta north that dislike everything Igbo and the governor would be stupid to step on toes.

You Igbo's always chase irrelevant things and shadows instead of focusing on the main thing

Na was oh
For any man land
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by samzyolu: 2:25am On Nov 21, 2019
you're right, but no one is treating them differently
some chose to separate themselves from
but I know of the ones who fully wants to be identified as Igbo just like Gov Okowa, and no is treating them differently.

Even the Ikwerres that totally deny Igbo Origin despite answering Igbo names and speaking Igbo are not treated differently, I even speak Igbo with them

All am saying is there denying Igbo Origin is not how they are been treated but the reason is best known to them
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by AmuDimpka: 2:43am On Nov 21, 2019
gidgiddy:

Theres one thing you forgot to add in this narrative. The Igbos of the old Western Region, that later became part of the Midwestern Region, were never given a referendum to join the Eastern Region. The referendum was about giving a group of ethnic nationalities who were not predominantly Yoruba, a separate Region. So when you say that the so called 'Delta Igbos' didn't ask to be united with the East, that does not even arise since that option was not on the table.

Also, you talk about 'unique ethnicity'. No such thing ever existed in the Regions. The Eastern Region had Ijaws, Igbos, Ibibios, Ogonis

The Northern Region had Hausas, Fulanis, Berom, Tiv

The Midwest had Uhrobo, Igbos, Edo, Itsekiri

So where is this unique ethnicity the Regions were based on?

The most laughable thing about all this is you saying that the so called 'Delta Igbo' has nothing in common with Eastern Region. Somebody speaks Igbo as his ancestral language, has an Igbo surname but he has nothing in common with Igbo? Are you for real?

Agbor is a town close to the border of Edo state, yet, an Edo man cannot understand the Igbo language of Agbor people. The king of Agbor is a man called Ikechukwu Keagborekuzi, an Igbo name. Yet you say that these Agbor people have more in common with Edo than me, an Igbo man who speaks the same ancestral language as them and have the same surname with them.

You people are just too much

Their stupidity is legendary...trust me he wouldn't respond again
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by nlPoster: 2:45am On Nov 21, 2019
Where una dey when your kinsman was referring to selling Agbor!

Jeez.

You people are nowhere to be found when I'm battling important matters but would always show face when its calm! undecided

Or you prefer chasing miniscule issues while sidestepping what's important!
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by AmuDimpka: 2:45am On Nov 21, 2019
Ikechunna:

You are more ignorant than they are. Anioma IS NOT EDO!!!!! You Edo people need to get that through una heads and stop forcing unaselves on us!!!
Personally I see Delta Igbo as the most confused set of people in Nigeria ...they are so confused that they change their names as time goes

From Western Igbo to
Mid Westen Igbo
From mid Western Igbo to Bendel igbo
From Bendel Igbo to Delta igbo
Now we are in between Delta Igbo and anioma (an acronym)
Whi other confused ones say they are ibo not Igbo...can you please again define stupidity of a group
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by WhoRUDeceiving: 3:29am On Nov 21, 2019
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by Freeworldbutfre: 10:30pm On Feb 07, 2020
gidgiddy:
About a week ago I went visit my sister at her home and met her with her friends 10 year old daughter who was also visiting. When I asked the girl where she was from she said she is a "Delta Igbo" from Ibuzo in Delta state. I had to tell the girl that Ibuzo was just the short form of "Igbo bi n'uzo" which translates as "Igbos who live along the road". It struck me that the younger generation of Igbos indigenous to Delta state now call themselves "Delta Igbos" as if this is an actual ethnic group. It's almost like me saying that I'm "Anambra Igbo" or calling calling Emeka Ihedioha an "Imo Igbo"

The Governor of Delta State happens to be an Igbo man. I think that Governor Ifeanyi Okowa should do something to halt this trend of of people starting to believe theres an ethnic group called "Delta Igbo", no such thing exists, Igbo is Igbo. Ifeanyi Okowa should make a proclamation or a public utterance reminding indigenous Igbos of Delta state that the appellation "Delta" is just for geographical convenience and not an actual ethnic name. If this is allowed to continue, in another 50 years, these people will start calling themselves "Deltans"
When Buhari said that his 2key positions was given to Igbo which is the cBN governor and petroleum minister what did the South East said. I remember they said Ibe kaichukwu and Godwin Emefime is not Igbo but Delta.
When it comes to sharing u people know that Delta speaking Igbo are not Igbo people when it comes to collective fight you people what us to fight together.
The one Nzeogwu fought what a mistake make by in Delta speaking Igbo.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by gidgiddy: 2:45am On Feb 08, 2020
Freeworldbutfre:

When Buhari said that his 2key positions was given to Igbo which is the cBN governor and petroleum minister what did the South East said. I remember they said Ibe kaichukwu and Godwin Emefime is not Igbo but Delta.
When it comes to sharing u people know that Delta speaking Igbo are not Igbo people when it comes to collective fight you people what us to fight together.
The one Nzeogwu fought what a mistake make by in Delta speaking Igbo.

Dont get it twisted. Ibe Kachikwu and Godwin Emfiele are both Igbo men, anyone who denies them their Igboness must be drunk. but they are not from the South East. Igbos are indigenous to the South East and South South

To give an Igbo man an appointment and to give give an appointment and to give the SE or SS appointment are two different things.

You Nigerians cannot choose when someone is Igbo and when he is South/South. It doesnt work like that. If the government is appointing a person based on Region, it should never be confused as based on tribe

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga by zolajpower: 4:27am On Feb 08, 2020
Igbosmoker:
Waste of time, it's not even possible. There are some people in that delta north that dislike everything Igbo and the governor would be stupid to step on toes.

You Igbo's always chase irrelevant things and shadows instead of focusing on the main thing
Gbam , I don give u like for your comments. The Igbo 's world wide likes to dominate who doesn't know them . Whenever I'm asked where am I from in Delta I tell Dem Delta and if the person further asked me is it urobo or Delta Igbo I will refuse to accept the Delta Igbo since I'm neither urobo nor Igbo I just tell Dem Delta north ( oshimili north ) grin shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023: Buni’s Committee Moves To Resolve APC's Zoning Controversy / meth: NDLEA Sets Up Task Force To Dismantle Cartel Behind Meth / Uche Erondu Asked FG To Investigate Nnamdi Kanu's Sudden Disappearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.