Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking (58174 Views)

Adewale Alao posted to Enugu for his NYSC now has a school in Enugu / Drama As SSS 3 Student Proposes To His English Teacher In Lagos / Teacher From Sokoto State And His English On Facebook (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by palmshots: 8:42am On Nov 06, 2019
iammo:
cool

Hausa is an hybrid of hebrew, and they get f and p confused... same way yoruba gets s and sh tangled and Ibos always make R sound like L

nah.... Yoruba is "V" for "F"
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by BOFREJO(m): 8:43am On Nov 06, 2019
[s]
Dozzywest:
To speak the English language is not a do or die affair.

What stops him from congratulating his brother in their own mother's tongue?

Lemme be going, I can't continue laughing like this grin grin
[/s]
your literacy shows that you were not educated

1 Like

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Bayraf: 8:47am On Nov 06, 2019
grammar no be money.
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by lafiagi007: 8:48am On Nov 06, 2019
ikwedim:
Whoever that Marge us with this people will never die better. Even he is dead he will rot in hell. Some times I wonder which planet this people came in from
I don't mean to hurt anyone, but I can't seem to understand why some people feel they can actually speak better than others, what comes out of your mouth may sound correct but grammatically wrong.
Let's bring out SOME, out of the many mistakes in the sentences the person I am quoting made.
Firstly, he wrote "Marge" instead of merge, two mistakes here; the spelling, and capitalization of a verb, chai there is God.
Secondly, he wrote"this people" instead of "These people", he made this same mistake twice, a proof to show he is ignorant of it.
My message: we must learn to be tolerant, many people who claim to know how to speak English actually do not care about the grammatical structure of their sentences, and that of the language at large.

2 Likes

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by TemmyT002(m): 8:49am On Nov 06, 2019
You can make jest of him all you want.
The guy obviously didn't go to school but he is proud of his brother.
That's awesome

1 Like

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2019
ctleurocollege:

Who forced the niggar to write in English? grin

I have seen worse from Nigerian graduates.
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by perdollar(m): 8:50am On Nov 06, 2019
this one na from Niger Republic. that's exactly what you get when u translate French to English.
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by frowland(m): 8:51am On Nov 06, 2019
madridguy:
The Southerner always look for avenue to insult the Northerners. English is just language for communication so why throwing tantrum against each other over borrow language. Many Nigerians cannot speak their local dialect yet they see foreign language as the alpha and omega.

Kudos to Victoria Abdul Malik and Mr Abubakar Champion.

Well said. There are people here who only come to correct your English yet they can't write in their local lang correctly.

1 Like

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by OGwales(m): 8:52am On Nov 06, 2019
Fear north

2 Likes

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Nobody: 8:58am On Nov 06, 2019
Ba turanshi people, i would have upload the letter a principal of one northern school wrote requesting for corp members. But am still serving i nor want trouble.

1 Like

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Greenback: 9:00am On Nov 06, 2019
Model masters of coneheaded structures...let him come out and contest for some federal position now and you will see all coneheads fighting each other to vote for him whilst making their brownish white Sokoto his red carpet grin

Lzaa immhotep gmbuharii

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Nobody: 9:00am On Nov 06, 2019
frowland:

Well said. There are people here who only come to correct your English yet they can't write in their local lang correctly.
The north can't write in english or their local language.
The truth is that northerners has very low IQ. After spending about one yr here, that's my conclusion.
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by nauto5: 9:02am On Nov 06, 2019
ok
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by frowland(m): 9:03am On Nov 06, 2019
charliboy654:

The north can't write in english or their local language.
The truth is that northerners has very low IQ. After spending about one yr here, that's my conclusion.

I don't want to deny the fact that illiteracy is high up north but English is not a test for knowledge.
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by sonature1: 9:04am On Nov 06, 2019
madridguy:
The Southerner always look for avenue to insult the Northerners. English is just language for communication so why throwing tantrum against each other over borrow language. Many Nigerians cannot speak their local dialect yet they see foreign language as the alpha and omega.

I don't want to believe that most Africans were born without a brain.

Most foreigner footballers, whose native language isn't English, understood the importance of using the wildly accepted language for communication.

They took English classes and in less than 3 years, you will see them speaking passable English. FYI, Dimitar Berbatov learned English from watching Hollywood flicks.

Come down to Nigeria. We continue to make excuses for our failures. A Nigerian is taught English in:
Nursery school: 3 years
Primary school: 5-6 years
Secondary School: 5-6 years
High Institution: At least one year.

This means that Nigerians learn English for at least 13 years.

Huncle, you have no excuse for not being able to speak English after learning it for 13 years unless you don't have a brain.

More importantly, nothing will ever happen to our local languages (especially Nigeria's major ethnic groups) because they are the language we use to communicate every day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by ylaa(f): 9:05am On Nov 06, 2019
Exactly.

sirjentul05:
Hehehe, anwuolam anwuo....akwa unu ahula?
Wetin mr jentul no go see for this Nigeria.....don't be surprised he will become our president come 2030...born to rule mentality

#mr jentul#
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 06, 2019
English is not our mother tongue so everybody bleep off.
Congrats to him and his brother by the way.
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by slowice(m): 9:09am On Nov 06, 2019
Is that nync a new political party? Lemme google it

1 Like

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 06, 2019
Dozzywest:
To speak the English language is not a do or die affair.

What stops him from congratulating his brother in their own mother's tongue?

Lemme be going, I can't continue laughing like this grin grin
Bekee wu agbara grin
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by shogsman(m): 9:10am On Nov 06, 2019
I have an American friend that makes grammatical blunders while typing,so how is the English of an Hausa man supposed to look like.
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by ikwedim(m): 9:12am On Nov 06, 2019
lafiagi007:

I don't mean to hurt anyone, but I can't seem to understand why some people feel they can actually speak better than others, what comes out of your mouth may sound correct but grammatically wrong.
Let's bring out SOME, out of the many mistakes in the sentences the person I am quoting made.
Firstly, he wrote "Marge" instead of merge, two mistakes here; the spelling, and capitalization of a verb, chai there is God.
Secondly, he wrote"this people" instead of "These people", he made this same mistake twice, a proof to show he is ignorant of it.
My message: we must learn to be tolerant, many people who claim to know how to speak English actually do not care about the grammatical structure of their sentences, and that of the language at large.
I ain't talking about his grammatical errors or whatever. What I said is simple to comprehend. I got nothing to do with the grammar or the language. Let them go to where they belong or simply divide this country and let us go. We can't be associating with blood sucking demons. Get it bro

1 Like

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Kenoxman(m): 9:13am On Nov 06, 2019
Amstupid:
. I went too buy 4 indomie
and I saw my crush at the aboki
shop ... so I bought 40 ..... am still
selling the remaining 36 ......Abeg
help my ministry.. embarassed
A carton of indomie contains 40 packs. If u had bought a carton instead of 40 packs, u would've saved more money plus the carton would've made ur hawking biz easier...
Borrow sense next time.

1 Like

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Kayharry(m): 9:13am On Nov 06, 2019
YorubaPrince:
OP, have you noticed poor grammar as well?
check ur grammar as well
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Kenoxman(m): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2019
iammo:
cool

Hausa is an hybrid of hebrew, and they get f and p confused... same way yoruba gets s and sh tangled and Ibos always make R sound like L

.....an hybrid..... (a hybrid)
U are Yoruba to the core
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by iammo(m): 9:18am On Nov 06, 2019
yes i am grin

Kenoxman:

.....an hybrid..... (a hybrid)
U are Yoruba to the core

1 Like

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 06, 2019
Luckysbab:

I mean they invested more in recruiting field agents, over traditional advert methods.

2 Shares

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Galaticos444: 9:24am On Nov 06, 2019
madridguy:
The Southerner always look for avenue to insult .
they ar actually d cause of naija backwardness
Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Tarabye: 9:28am On Nov 06, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Smithwilliams826: 9:32am On Nov 06, 2019
madridguy:

Bro, when u reach abroad, speak your dialect. Don't use English. English is not by force.

1 Like

Re: Man Congratulates His Brother After His NYSC But His English Got People Talking by Smithwilliams826: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2019
Amstupid:
. I went too buy 4 indomie
and I saw my crush at the aboki
shop ... so I bought 40 ..... am still
selling the remaining 36 ......Abeg
help my ministry.. embarassed
Na M.U.M.U dey do you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

English Sentences That Sound Crazy But Are Actually Correct / Unimaid First Batch Admission List Is Out And Online / Amotekun Is Cheetah Not Leopard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.