Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It (77356 Views)

Youngest Face Transplant In The U.S History (Graphic Photos) / Girl Who Shot Herself In The Face In Suicide Attempt Get Face Transplant(Pics) / French Man Becomes First To Have Second Face Transplant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Lilimax(f): 10:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
D1zion:
Jesus! This is too scary. I pray not to dream this night.Haaaaaa.he need to always be on his knees & give Thanksgiving,& give his life to whatever God he believed in. cos he has tasted earthly hell fire to know how the heavenly one will be.
Abeg which one is heavenly hell fire? undecided
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Lilimax(f): 10:49pm On Nov 05, 2019
doctorkush:
no changes, they only covered his teeth for him
When did your attached picture of Magarita? Or whatever they called her started smiling?
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
Lilimax:
When did your attached picture of Magarita? Or whatever they called her started smiling?
just now

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by stieyven(m): 11:20pm On Nov 05, 2019
CaptainMitch:
You got a second chance to get them girls, use it wisely.
Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by CaptainMitch: 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
stieyven:

Remember that you shall be judged by every idle word you speak. Matthew 12 :36

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
Greyworld:
should I say I'm amazed?
How ever what happened to the donor? is he now faceless?
Was he not paid?
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by wayne22: 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2019
This is wonderful....he rejected the face because it was fairer than his complexion, while people in my country are turning into completely different people by bleaching their skin.

1 Like

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Yinibixema: 11:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
This is the best looking face transplant I have seen so far. Black skin is truly a blessing
Black sin isn’t a blessing. White skin is
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Edembasilprutus(m): 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
God is working in his life....
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Ywey82: 11:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by donprinyo(m): 11:48pm On Nov 05, 2019
The real people that use their God given brain. We r hear screaming God's name anyhow. Instead of us to use what God has given to us and solve our problems, we r day and night shouting his name anyhow.

https://www.facebook.com/supercarblondie/videos/587667498392063/
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by skyoboy(m): 11:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
And what happens to the donor's skin?
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by TheWonder: 11:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
Sankabson:
This is absolutely wonderful. May the Good Lord Continue To Guide And Protect Us All..

People like you are rare.. Gratitude will take you far in life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:18am On Nov 06, 2019
Waste of money and time. Dude still looks like a clown.
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by omohlexy: 12:28am On Nov 06, 2019
Lie! El sudani Jubril was first
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by omohlexy: 12:28am On Nov 06, 2019
Lqie! El sudani Jubril was first
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by caye(m): 1:08am On Nov 06, 2019
Larryfest:
He is totally different...Oyinbos are next to God.
Stop portraying yourself as an inferior creation.
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by APOPTOSIS: 1:16am On Nov 06, 2019
GooD oNe
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by omosefeeguaibor(f): 2:46am On Nov 06, 2019
The last picture with the doctor standing beside him, let the doctor conduct transplant on himself also starting from his hair, + the guy they transformed come resemble Okowa. And on a lighter note I'd say good job.
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by fm4real2k6(m): 2:48am On Nov 06, 2019
Its obvious this transplanted face is oversize. Look at the jaw, the mouth area and the chin dragging down.
Well let him manage it sha
But i wont be surprised if tomorrow now if they start showing him in BOTCHED TV series wanting to do a corrective surgery.
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Nobody: 5:24am On Nov 06, 2019
Outside the shows of Africa YOU MEET GOD FACE TO FACE AND HE GIVES YOU A SECOND, THIRD, FOUGHT AND FIFTH CHANCE

HERE IN AFRICA WE PRAY YEAR TO YEAR FOR FIRST CHANCE NOBODY ANSWERS
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Wizikal(m): 5:36am On Nov 06, 2019
This is totally different from the main man. Did they also changed the psychological effect on mr chelsea.?
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Boltob: 6:06am On Nov 06, 2019
This is not your real face ooo
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by ejimatic: 6:08am On Nov 06, 2019
Explorers:
A California man has become the first African American to receive a face transplant after waiting six years to find skin that matched his own.

Robert Chelsea told Time that he turned down the first face that doctors found for him in 2018 because the donor was fairer than him and he didn't want to become a 'totally different looking person.'

At long last, Chelsea got a new face in July in 2019.

In August, 2013, Chelsea was waiting for his overheated car to cool down on the side of a Los Angeles freeway in when a drunk driver swerved into the left-hand shoulder where Chelsea was sitting in his vehicle.

Chelsea's car was instantly engulfed in flames.

About half of his body was covered in third-degree burn.

Chelsea pictured with daughter before the accident and after.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7610017/amp/California-father-black-man-face-transplant.html
. The western world and their medical advancement. Kudos to them. The gap between Nigeria and America is 3 thousand years.Yet we want to catch up with them with OUR BORDER CLOSURE.....May God protect us all. Congratulations Mr Chelsea Thank you tall the doctors.
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by tck2000(m): 7:09am On Nov 06, 2019
Oh
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by shogsman(m): 7:20am On Nov 06, 2019
Greyworld:
should I say I'm amazed?

SKIN GRAFTING (read)
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by selfmadeOLX(m): 7:56am On Nov 06, 2019
What happens to the donors whose skin they use?
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Greyworld: 9:01am On Nov 06, 2019
shogsman:

SKIN GRAFTING (read)
so? what happens to the donor? if you don't know also wait till someone who knows reply.
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by shogsman(m): 9:05am On Nov 06, 2019
Greyworld:

so? what happens to the donor? if you don't know also wait till someone who knows reply.

If you read about skin grafting you'd know that they graft skins from all over the body, not the face alone.so the donor won't be faceless
Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2019
Greyworld:
should I say I'm amazed?
He is late. The dying sometimes sign papers that gives hospitals and their families the authorizations to donate their body parts, tissues and organs to others. That's why we have heart and kidney transplant waiting list etc. Chelsea was on the waiting list for 6yrs before it got to his turn. There is a fair amount of legal, medical (blood work, tissue acceptance test etc) approvals that take place with very few donors and unfortunately; far too many recipients.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robert Chelsea Receives A Face Transplant, The First Black Man To Get It by Tobastephens: 9:40am On Nov 06, 2019
madridguy:
This is impressive. If i get my way to either the US, Canada, or Australia i must hustle hard to be a surgeon.
God go help you achieve your dream. That's if u really mean it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

14 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria, Totalling 111 Confirmed Cases / Man Dies After Snake Bite In Umuahia (Graphics Photos) / Gynecomastia help needed.. Photos attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.