Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

HELP!!! At A Crossroad On Migration To Australia - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HELP!!! At A Crossroad On Migration To Australia (416 Views)

Finally Migrated To Australia At Age 48. This Is My Story So Far / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? / Help A Brother On Migration To Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HELP!!! At A Crossroad On Migration To Australia by davidflipcy(m): 7:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Hello nairalanders, am at a crossroad right now and I will need a critical evaluation of my situation on how to go about it or to just give it up.

Me and My girlfriend who happens to be a permant resident in Australia want us to get married in Nigeria at the end of January/February.

We have wanted to explore the Australia Partner visa but the most important requirement which is to live together for at least 12months is very hard to attain. She will return to Australia after the marriage and I will be here in Nigeria. (I don't know if am wrong on this requirement or there is another way around it)

But with my little research, I was thinking we could explore the family sponsored visiting visa. This will give us the chance to live together to fulfill the the 12months requirements. Before the visiting visa expires, we can then apply for partner visa. In turn, I will be given a Bridging visa to stay in Australia till the partner visa application is finalised.

Now, the problem is successfully securing the visiting visa. I only have a small business I run. It's not even registered, no travel history, I have no properties or substantial finances which are requirements for seeking a visiting visa.

I want to ask if this method of mine is possible especially getting the visiting visa with my defenciencies OR there are other suggested methods we could explore?

(1) (Reply)

My Trip To Schenge Countries / Ecowas Passport / 1986 Letter By Then Rtd General To British PM, Margeret Thatcher, Over Apartheid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.