Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,991 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air (35757 Views)

Aero Aircraft Develops Fault Mid-air, Struggles To Land In Abuja / Air Peace Aircraft Tyre Bursts At Ilorin Airport / Robbers Attack Air Peace Aircraft While Taxiing To Take Off At Lagos Airp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2019
talk2tosep:
Me I will never fly any Nigerian airline..
You can't afford it.

4 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2019
rotormast:

If you have important engagements , you will fly it. I remember when I didn’t have money for a shoe, I used to say I love sandals and that I will never waste my money buying a shoe

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by clems88(m): 10:36pm On Nov 05, 2019
shocked me taking my first flight via airpeace in few days time grin cheesy . can't wait for za experience cool
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by wesley80(m): 10:36pm On Nov 05, 2019
metalgear11:

My mother-in-law was on that plane. I was able to get the report of the crash. I even have it on my drive somewhere.
Sad to hear. I've always wondered if FAAN and the local aviation industry learn anything from crashes in the country. From the little I know watching ACI on NatGeo, there's always an important lesson from every air mishap and shrouding Air crash investigations in secrecy is counterproductive.

6 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by LOWLIFE(m): 10:37pm On Nov 05, 2019
The site is somehow this evening. You can send me a mail at gbadebodiran@gmail.com. thanks sir

[quote author=seedgreen post=83775174][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by RTSC: 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2019
Homeboiy:

People dey run up and down

From main gate to BDPA go to osasogie

3 dead

Na this night e happen
Uniben is back to the dark days of cultism.

Consistent Failure in leadership of the university has resulted to this.

The school need another Grace alele Williams.
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by BRATISLAVA: 10:46pm On Nov 05, 2019
Jarus:

Dana's first engine failed about 30 minutes mid-air. Closer to Lagos than returning to Abuja.

He lost the the other engine later.
nothing to do with allegations of the pilot missing his flight to America

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by csbrown(m): 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Homeboiy:
Otito diri nu jeso

Scores counting in uniben now

See Run

3 dead as confirmed
Ogini na eme?
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by wanger50(m): 10:50pm On Nov 05, 2019
Beremx:
Boeing 737 again? That number is a curse to plane crashes.

Peace Airline should do something about their it. Haaaa!!
it's the 737 "Max" that has been crashing

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by PreyingMantis(m): 10:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
LabDNA:
Sometimes it's just the emotions of the pilots that actually mastermind the cause of plane crashes. If they follow SOPs, and routine checks without beclouding their sense of judgement, there will be hardly any crash.
Not with the Ethiopian 737 Max. The pilot had no answer to that

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by metalgear11(m): 10:56pm On Nov 05, 2019
wesley80:

Sad to hear. I've always wondered if FAAN and the local aviation industry learn anything from crashes in the country. From the little I know watching ACI on NatGeo, there's always an important lesson from every air mishap and shrouding Air crash investigations in secrecy is counterproductive.

Recommendations are made but the question is are they followed? I remember when we finally got to identify and claim her body a month later, while waiting for the death certificate, one lady who lost her uncle on the same flight told us that on that day, when the pilot declared a mayday, the ATC in charge of the flight immediately handed the plane over to a JUNIOR member who had no idea about the crisis at hand. By the time he got up to speed, the plane had already hit the ground. In a saner climate, those recordings would have been heard and the ATC would have been fired for negligence and even jailed.

I also heard that the plane was not supposed to fly back to Lagos that day. The management demanded that it return to Lagos that evening, even after they were told it was due for a quick service. They insisted it turn back immediately. If the plane had remained in Abuja, I'm sure the mechanics would have detected the problem when performing the engine inspection.

According to the report - and i have it in front of me as I type this - "Engine number 1 lost power seventeen minutes into the flight, and
thereafter on final approach, Engine number 2 lost power and failed to respond to throttle movement on demand for increased power to sustain the aircraft in its flight configuration."

"The Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) retained about 30 minutes 53 seconds of the flight
and started recording at 1513:44hrs by which time the Captain and First Officer (F/O)
were in a discussion of a non-normal condition regarding the correlation between the
engine throttle setting and an engine power indication. However, they did not voice
concerns then that the condition would affect the continuation of the flight. The flight
crew continued to monitor the condition and became increasingly concerned as the
flight transitioned through the initial descent from cruise altitude at 1522:00hrs and the
subsequent approach phase."

If the pilots had requested a return when they first detected the problem, or even diverted to an alternate airport I'm sure they would have landed safely. The sad part to it all was that they were already in Lagos and were on final approach. If only the plane had remained just three more minutes in the air, they would have landed.

Well, like they say, hindsight is 20/20. May they continue to rest in peace.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by sofiscatedmoron: 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2019
BeStroNG:

How many engines does a plane have?
some 2 while some 4 depending on model
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by metalgear11(m): 10:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
PreyingMantis:
Not with the Ethiopian 737 Max. The pilot had no answer to that

The 737 Max was a disaster waiting to happen. Poor design of an aircraft just because you want to compete. Sad thing was, the safety feature which would have overridden the MCAS was offered as an Option for extra money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by sofiscatedmoron: 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
seunlayi:

.. Not only Miami why not jupiter
and to your backward village , ode, use google if u are confused
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by abnot: 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
Monogamy:
Boeing with engine failure...

Even Aero contractor with their cupboard aircrafts been delivered since time immemorial

When you think you are trying to run down aero contractors ( mind you they don’t manufacture airplanes ) and Boeing (non manufacturers of jet engines ) you end up displaying your ignorance in an embarrassing way. With my very limited knowledge if jets I know that most Boeing engines I’ve seen are manufactured by GE and RR .

6 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by theeventpeople: 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2019
Beremx:

Rolls Royce make most of this engines and not Boeing.
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by wesley80(m): 11:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
metalgear11:

Recommendations are made but the question is are they followed? I remember when we finally got to identify and claim her body a month later, while waiting for the death certificate, one lady who lost her uncle on the same flight told us that on that day, when the pilot declared a mayday, the ATC in charge of the flight immediately handed the plane over to a JUNIOR member who had no idea about the crisis at hand. By the time he got up to speed, the plane had already hit the ground. In a saner climate, those recordings would have been heard and the ATC would have been fired for negligence and even jailed.

I also heard that the plane was not supposed to fly back to Lagos that day. The management demanded that it return to Lagos that evening, even after they were told it was due for a quick service. They insisted it turn back immediately. If the plane had remained in Abuja, I'm sure the mechanics would have detected the problem when performing the engine inspection.

According to the report - and i have it in front of me as I type this - "Engine number 1 lost power seventeen minutes into the flight, and
thereafter on final approach, Engine number 2 lost power and failed to respond to throttle movement on demand for increased power to sustain the aircraft in its flight configuration."

"The Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) retained about 30 minutes 53 seconds of the flight
and started recording at 1513:44hrs by which time the Captain and First Officer (F/O)
were in a discussion of a non-normal condition regarding the correlation between the
engine throttle setting and an engine power indication. However, they did not voice
concerns then that the condition would affect the continuation of the flight. The flight
crew continued to monitor the condition and became increasingly concerned as the
flight transitioned through the initial descent from cruise altitude at 1522:00hrs and the
subsequent approach phase."

If the pilots had requested a return when they first detected the problem, or even diverted to an alternate airport I'm sure they would have landed safely. The sad part to it all was that they were already in Lagos and were on final approach. If only the plane had remained just three more minutes in the air, they would have landed.

Well, like they say, hindsight is 20/20. May they continue to rest in peace.
Clear case of negligence it would seem. Wondering if compensation was paid to families of the victims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by megama: 11:05pm On Nov 05, 2019
Islie:

...AIB commences investigation

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/disaster-averted-as-air-peace-aircraft-develops-engine-failure-mid-air/

time has come for relevant agencies to stipulate the age of air craft on our local air space. Almost all of our local flights are overaged.
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by stagger: 11:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
abnot:

When you think you are trying to run down aero contractors ( mind you they don’t manufacture airplanes ) and Boeing (non manufacturers of jet engines ) you end up displaying your ignorance in an embarrassing way. With my very limited knowledge if jets I know that most Boeing engines I’ve seen are manufactured by GE and RR .

No need to answer him bro. Many people here and outside Nairaland just spew ignorance as a way of life. The day I heard someone say he cannot fly at night because the pilots needed the daylight to see where they were going was the day I gave up.

10 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by VicM6: 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Boeing doesn't make engines please , you don't know how plane work ehh? And Aero uses the same 737 - 500 so what's cupboard about that ?
wetin dis ones sabi abeg.... Rolls royce and general Electric mostly produce an airplane engines. just like all the avionic of the airplane are been produced by another company.
but laslas, na boeing dem go still blame na. wetin man go do.

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
talk2tosep:
What about a free flight from SA?
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by VicM6: 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
sofiscatedmoron:
one engine is enough to fly u from lagos to Miami
the second ,3rd or 4th engine is for back up
baba,one engine can not fly a boeing 747 or an airbus A380 from lagos to miami.... think well. how do you expect only one engine to produce thrust for an aircraft weighing thousand of tones with passenger on board.
one engine can only work for about 45mins which in turns give the pilot an opportunity/time to look for the nearest airport to land.

one engine to fly from Lagos to maimi on a journey of almost 14hrs.. wen no be cesena light aircraft..... Nawa o

3 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:
The crew flew by the book , one engine lost thrust at V2 the pilots followed the safety checklist by making an air return with the remaining engine . Great flying , this is the simple procedure the crashed Dana's captain refused to heed since he didn't want to miss his own flight to the US
Ever since I knew you on this forum, this is the very first time you're making a sensible comment! Thanks for the exposé, bro!

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by metalgear11(m): 11:15pm On Nov 05, 2019
wesley80:

Clear case of negligence it would seem. Wondering if compensation was paid to families of the victims.

Yeah most families got $100,000 compensation.
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by Yoighaman(m): 11:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
talk2tosep:

Shebi you, you just dey vow to not fly local again, me I stopped since 2008, anywhere for Naija na by road, even the international sef dey fear me, not to talk about local. Air transportation no doubt remains the safest means but one mishap la san na national catastrophy, road sef, walaha plenty, kidnappers, boko, robbers, ritualists etc....May God continue to protect us.

4 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Safest commercial jetliner model in the history of aviation
Another good comment! Oga come, is today your birthday?
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by tosyne2much(m): 11:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
Monogamy:
Boeing with engine failure...

Even Aero contractor with their cupboard aircrafts been delivered since time immemorial
In case you don't know, Boeing do not make their own engines

The parts of aircraft are usually made my several companies
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by VicM6: 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
sofiscatedmoron:
one engine is enough to fly u from lagos to Miami
the second ,3rd or 4th engine is for back up
It just depends on the aircraft and again the pilot must have an experience if not... kasala go burst cause d plane will yaw to the right or left and might even stall

1 Like

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by Kaycee9242(m): 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2019
BeStroNG:

How many engines does a plane have?

local flights have 2 engines, whereas international flights have 4 coz of d long distance
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by Mike23r: 11:22pm On Nov 05, 2019
Beremx:

nah 737 max get probs oo..the older one is still best oo
Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by sofiscatedmoron: 11:24pm On Nov 05, 2019
VicM6:
baba,one engine can not fly a boeing 747 or an airbus A380 from lagos to miami.... think well. how do you expect only one engine to produce thrust for an aircraft weighing thousand of tones with passenger on board.
one engine can only work for about 45mins which in turns give the pilot an opportunity/time to look for the nearest airport to land.
747 is designed to utilize 4 engine at once, but can run perfectly on 2 engine
and a two engine aircraft can run perfectly with one engine sir

one engine to fly from Lagos to maimi on a journey of almost 14hrs.. wen no be cesena light aircraft..... Nawa o

2 Likes

Re: Air Peace Aircraft Develops Engine Failure Mid Air by zicoraads: 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
I am not sure I will ever be used to flying. Every single time always feels like the first.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Nigerians Deported From India For Illegal Stay (Photo) / Somewhere In Abuja, Have You Ever Pass Through This Expressway? / THE BEAUTY Of ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE (ALL PHOTOS + VIDEOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.