Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions (12823 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / A Call To NCC On Illegal Deductions By Airtel Nigeria / I Will Sue Glo For Illegal Deductions (2) (3) (4)

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by SouthSouth1914: 7:24am On Nov 06, 2019
Frankbaro:

Shut up and face the matter at hand. You're the real enemy of this country.

Don’t mind the clown! Spamming every thread with the same rhetoric! What a failure and senile fellow!
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by ABCHDE: 7:24am On Nov 06, 2019
post=83781054:
Very good one from the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

Slow and steady we are getting things right at last in this nation.

But the enemies of the country will always be blind and deaf to this good news as usual.
All they are here to read is bad and negative news.
Their problems!

God bless Nigeria.

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by dataking: 7:25am On Nov 06, 2019
Mtn big crooks. I subscribe and don’t get the data I pay for.
Even when I do, 1gb will be exhausted in 30 minutes.
Highway robbers.

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by ABCHDE: 7:25am On Nov 06, 2019
post=83781357:

Normally, we ignore tins like you.
But for posterity sake,
Let's give you this parting message.
Happy wailing, enemy of the state.
This country will move forward without you and your ilks.
We are on track already.
Knocks

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by gulfer: 7:27am On Nov 06, 2019
Jestin:
Positive news this morning.
Abeg, na the bank own I dey wait for; maintaince charge, COT on maintenance change, VAT on COT on maintenance charge, etc. angry angry angry angry angry

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 06, 2019
MartinsD12:

Data should be cheap please it's too expensive the other day on glo ghana I saw 20gb for 50 ghana cedis you see the huge difference same glo is giving us 1000 naira for 3.6gb, you see the huge difference people in ghana pay 50 cedis for 20gb too much data while paying 1000 to get 3.6gb, 50naira for a start should get 1gb and also illegal data deduction mtn and glo infact all of them are guilty
how much is 50 CEDI's when you convert to naira?

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by princemillla(m): 7:30am On Nov 06, 2019
MartinsD12:

Data should be cheap please it's too expensive the other day on glo ghana I saw 20gb for 50 ghana cedis you see the huge difference same glo is giving us 1000 naira for 3.6gb, you see the huge difference people in ghana pay 50 cedis for 20gb too much data while paying 1000 to get 3.6gb, 50naira for a start should get 1gb and also illegal data deduction mtn and glo infact all of them are guilty

It's well understood bro. Cost of running is totally different in these two countries. That I know id's enuf reason for the data and cost difference
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by goat22: 7:38am On Nov 06, 2019
RichFoundation:
Good step

Why why?! Is it because you don't own a telecoms firm?! EH! Is it right!! They have the right to charge you! It's a telecoms firms can you make calls without telecom firms?! EH EH angry
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by Afonja007: 7:38am On Nov 06, 2019
Repeating the same statement over and ovee
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by witworth(m): 7:40am On Nov 06, 2019
for the first time this arguable and probably the only issue the F.G seems to be acting on now, but i still reserve my commendation comments until they see it through.
but meanwhile, am wary of the evil man that will send thief to go and steal and then send the police to go and catch him before going to bail him just for the evil man to be seen as a good man.
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by BotherMleeper(m): 7:41am On Nov 06, 2019
pickatyou:
Please hope it includes data deductions too

Open your goddamn eyes and read before you rush to comment
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2019
kenny160:
The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Pantami, has ordered the Nigerian Communications Commission to implement a directive on the reduction of the cost of data in the country.

The NCC was equally ordered to enforce an earlier directive to compel service providers to put a stop to illegal deduction of subscribers’ data within five days. The commission was given five days to act on the directives.

Pantami had given the directives in October, after receiving a progress report on the implementation of Short-Term Performance Targets set for the NCC.The minister had noted that Nigerians were paying so much for data without enjoying value for money spent.

The minister restated the directives during the inauguration of a new Executive Commissioner of the NCC, Adeleke Adewolu, in Abuja on Tuesday.

He explained that he was not satisfied with explanations made by the NCC after he issued the directives and ordered the Commission to take immediate action on the matter.The minister said the NCC should act on the directives within five working days and report back to him with feedback.

According to him, Nigerians are complaining over illegal deductions of their data, a situation which he said also applies to him.

Pantami said, “I commented last time on the issue of data deduction, this is one of the issues that is worrying me badly to death.

“I was not fully convinced with the explanation by the NCC; please go back and review that issue.“It is very important and I want to get your feedback in the next five working days with the decision on it because the complaints from Nigerians are beyond what I can handle.

“As it is today, people are complaining and it happens to me. I recharge my phone (my data line) and I believe what I use is not up to 20 per cent of what I purchase.“This is an issue that is very importants

The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Pantami, has ordered the Nigerian Communications Commission to implement a directive on the reduction of the cost of data in the country.

The NCC was equally ordered to enforce an earlier directive to compel service providers to put a stop to illegal deduction of subscribers’ data within five days. The commission was given five days to act on the directives.

Pantami had given the directives in October, after receiving a progress report on the implementation of Short-Term Performance Targets set for the NCC.

The minister had noted that Nigerians were paying so much for data without enjoying value for money spent.

The minister restated the directives during the inauguration of a new Executive Commissioner of the NCC, Adeleke Adewolu, in Abuja on Tuesday.

He explained that he was not satisfied with explanations made by the NCC after he issued the directives and ordered the Commission to take immediate action on the matter.

The minister said the NCC should act on the directives within five working days and report back to him with feedback.

According to him, Nigerians are complaining over illegal deductions of their data, a situation which he said also applies to him.

Pantami said, “I commented last time on the issue of data deduction, this is one of the issues that is worrying me badly to death.

“I was not fully convinced with the explanation by the NCC; please go back and review that issue.

“It is very important and I want to get your feedback in the next five working days with the decision on it because the complaints from Nigerians are beyond what I can handle.

“As it is today, people are complaining and it happens to me. I recharge my phone (my data line) and I believe what I use is not up to 20 per cent of what I purchase

Also stressing the need for a reduction in the cost of data, he said, “Also, I directed the NCC to reduce the price of data as well.

“It is very important because other African countries that are not as big as we are have a lesser price of data.”

Pantami insisted that the NCC’s major responsibility was to protect the consumers and not the service providers.

“As a regulator, your main agenda is to protect the customers. Customers are supposed to be kings and most of these customers are Nigerians.“Our top priority should be the interest of customers, who happened to be Nigerians,” he stressed.

Further directing the board and the management of the NCC to “immediately sit down and address some pending issues that I have been talking about,” Pantami said he would face a panel on Saturday to defend the ministry’s achievements so far.

He added that he would face another panel to be chaired by the President, on December 1, where he would present a report on the activities of the ministry and its parastatals.Pantami also directed the NCC to expand the penetration of 3G and 4G networks in the country.

https://punchng.com/telecom-firms-get-five-days-to-stop-illegal-deductions/amp/

STUPID NASS members have allowed telecoms in Nigeria to loot us dry. Imagine, Even 10gigg data cannot last for 1 month on MTN browsing

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by johnaruson(m): 7:45am On Nov 06, 2019
NCC is a toothless bulldog, they must be reformed, they are more corrupt than NDDC.
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by chineduemmao: 7:47am On Nov 06, 2019
These people are even smart enough to know that them dey chop us... truly sense is coming back to the system grin
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by crafteck(m): 7:50am On Nov 06, 2019
Stop deceiving us, allow more data providers into the country, all these ones will start toninoninown. Na so nitel do b4 mtn come.

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by murmee: 7:55am On Nov 06, 2019
Guyman02:
NCC is conniving with the service providers to cheat Nigerians.
One annoying one is calling Airtel and the person cannot be reached, you will be asked to drop a voice message after the beep, you quickly cut the call and realised that while they are still asking if you want a voice message they are billing you at the same time.
You are right. NCC, NERC, SON and most regulating Agencies in Nigeria are not on the side of Nigerians. They are terribly corrupt.

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by murmee: 8:00am On Nov 06, 2019
BabaOwen:
I hope the NCC will enforce the minister directives
Has NERC enforced the provision of Prepaid Meters to Nigerians? Useless and corrupt Agencies!
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by blowjohn(m): 8:08am On Nov 06, 2019
Ausrichie:
Please oh tell those idiotic airtel people look back look Front your credit has gone

And MTN too.
When u borrow airtime from them. After a call or two the airtime disappears.
Like u borrow 500 Naira airtime and make a call, few hours later the borrowed airtime is gone.
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by Cyriloba1: 8:10am On Nov 06, 2019
MartinsD12:

Where is glo giving us 3.6gb for 1000?
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by wrose(m): 8:11am On Nov 06, 2019
LOGOBELT:
Yes please stop them

Abeg, make you change your laptop charger, its old. I need to eat, so please change your laptop charger na

Meanwhile, is your Laptop faulty? Let's fix it for you. Do you need Laptop Chargers/Adapter or Cables? We sell. Check my signature for contact

Where do u stay, I need a laptop charger. The large mouth
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by ABCHDE: 8:27am On Nov 06, 2019
post=83781357:

Normally, we ignore tins like you.
But for posterity sake,
Let's give you this parting message.
Happy wailing, enemy of the state.
This country will move forward without you and your ilks.
We are on track already.
Knocks
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by mojexxy(m): 8:28am On Nov 06, 2019
Nice move!
Meanwhile...
You are invited to the inauguration and investiture ceremony of Engr. Femi Ojo as the Branch Chairman of Nigerian Society of Engineers, Aguata Branch on Monday 11th November, 2019, 11am prompt @ Ultramodern Auditorium, Federal Polytechnic Oko, Anambra State.
See attached flier for details
Thank you.

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by fireback: 8:33am On Nov 06, 2019
Imagine wickedness and rubbery. In order to verify the Nigerians complain, the minister himself had to purchase a data but could not use up to 20% of the data before it finished... OMO see yahoo yahoo.. EFCC will not see this one ooo.
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by oshaosha2014(m): 8:34am On Nov 06, 2019
READ!!! Your lack of reading in this country is really worrisome.
pickatyou:
Please hope it includes data deductions too

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by danniyal(m): 8:35am On Nov 06, 2019
So much regulations for Telecom Firms but PHCN is allowed to do whatever it likes
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by Layographics(m): 8:37am On Nov 06, 2019
I am a graphics designer and Web developer

Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by Brodagovernor(m): 8:41am On Nov 06, 2019
Guyman02:
NCC is conniving with the service providers to cheat Nigerians.
One annoying one is calling Airtel and the person cannot be reached, you will be asked to drop a voice message after the beep, you quickly cut the call and realised that while they are still asking if you want a voice message they are billing you at the same time.
This is not peculiar to airtel alone, but other networks, like mtn.
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 06, 2019
oshaosha2014:
READ!!! Your lack of reading in this country is really worrisome.

You are like the third person quoting me. I have read and I know already. You guys should get a life abeg. My life does not revolve here. Just read a comment and pass instead of putting in negative energy
Re: Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions by MountainView: 8:52am On Nov 06, 2019
This will be goodnews if the directive is carried out.

TECNO Debuts Newest Materials Of Magic Skin On Smartphone In Africa / Recharge Cards Online / Upload Your Whatsapp Gb Screenshort, Let See who had The Best Design.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50