Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) (63491 Views)

Rare "Ring Of Fire" Solar Eclipse Captured In Spectacular Photos / Crocodile In Indonesia Has Tyre Around Its Neck, Cash Reward For Who Removes It / Huge Turtle Captured In Famgbe Yenagoa, Bayelsa State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by grandstar(m): 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
ValCon888:
The guy on white is afraid for his life.
@OP that is a small juvenile crocrodile. A big adult crocrodile is longer than the three guys put together.
This is what a big crocrodile looks like:
I know you will say the first pic is photoshop so I added another one. Notice the difference. The right forearm of the first crocrodile is gone.

What I find most interesting about crocs is that they can be domesticated. You must however start from the crocs infancy. The problems with crocs is that their face is always bland and fearful. It gives no cues when its happy or excited.

2 Likes

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by sanmtiago(m): 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2019
godofuck231:
get out of here , lol, what a woose
’dingbat’ would be the last word I'd grace you with, ok bye!

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by ajl: 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
Kizzygentle:
That's why we are blacks. In Europe if u capture such animal alive and hand it over to zoologists u become a hero with reward but here the 1st thing that comes to mind is asun. After eating it what next? See the way they are even happy carrying it to slaughter. Chai. Even keeping it as a pet and feeding it is better off than slaughtering it to eat. No animal is wild when managed properly. The moment u feed them well they become ur best friend and they ease out stress thats why the whites are always happy. Damn.

Continue to fool yourself with the false image of themselves they sold to you. The same Europeans and Americans go to Africa on hunting expedition, hunting down lions and other animals. This type of tour business is dominated by the same white people not locals. Did anyone say that crocodiles are in danger of extinction in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Truthbites: 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2019
This one na alligator
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by godofuck231: 3:32pm On Nov 06, 2019
sanmtiago:
’dingbat’ would be the last word I'd grace you with, ok bye!
buya
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
Kizzygentle:
That's why we are blacks. In Europe if u capture such animal alive and hand it over to zoologists u become a hero with reward but here the 1st thing that comes to mind is asun. After eating it what next? See the way they are even happy carrying it to slaughter. Chai. Even keeping it as a pet and feeding it is better off than slaughtering it to eat. No animal is wild when managed properly. The moment u feed them well they become ur best friend and they ease out stress thats why the whites are always happy. Damn.
While I don't at all support killing wildlife, I wish to correct a few things you said:

1) there are no crocodiles in Europe, unless in zoos and provate collections
2) You dont keep crocodiles as pets. They'll kill you when the have the chance
3) A wild animal is still wild, no matter the management you give them. For any 1 case of a wild animal living ok with humans, there are 20 different cases of humans killed by their wild pets
4) Feeding wild animals doesn't make you their friend.
5) If this same post was about A European killing a crocodile, you'll find it justifiable.
6) Work on your self esteem. You're African, whether you like it or not
7) Here's a link to a video of a man killed by an alligator. He was trying to rape the alligator. Stupidity can be found in every race https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/florida-zoo-employee-killed-while-attempting-to-rape-alligator/

2 Likes

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by nams77: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2019
praiseneo:
bros calm down crocodile no fit big like this

Actually there are crocs that size

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Kemblaze: 3:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
Bros u are parading cause u killed a baby croc, if u really want to be a legend or a hunter gond kill an adult croc and see if u are not turn to shreds bros u did nothing

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by arsenal33: 3:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
Kizzygentle:
the white man kills animals as a sport

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Buffalo2(m): 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
praiseneo:
Crawling animals disgust me. Damn
Not only you. I hate reptiles a lot
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Notatribalist(m): 4:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
Kizzygentle:
If you do eat cow ,chicken, fish or any other meat you are as guilty as the guy. Or you don't think those animals you feed on their fresh deserve to be alive?

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
Kizzygentle:

How can you be asking people who can't feed themselves to keep a crocodile ad pet?

That's bankruptcy beckoning

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by kiddoiLL(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
praiseneo:
Get your head out of your ass, watch realist shows such as Discovery Africa, Nat Geo Wild and others, No .. you people will stick to sound city and Fox movies.
How big do you really think an adult crocodile is?

2 Likes

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by kay29000(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2019
ValCon888:
@OP that is a small juvenile crocrodile. A big adult crocrodile is longer than the three guys put together.
I know you will say the first pic is photoshop so I added another one. Notice the difference. The right forearm of the first crocrodile is gone.

Edited again: An adult crocodile has the strongest bite force (psi) of any animal in the world. Stronger bite than a Polar Bear, Great White Shark, Tiger, and Hippo.
An average 'adult' croc can break a Fisherman's canoe into two.

How come you know so much about Crocodile like this? Since I watched the making of Live and Let Die, I don dey fear crocodiles. Even the owner of the croc farm that was used in one of the scenes almost got bitten performing one of the stunts for Roger Moore (James Bond).

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by praiseneo(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2019
kiddoiLL:
Get your head out of your ass, watch realist shows such as Discovery Africa, Nat Geo Wild and others, No .. you people will stick to sound city and Fox movies.
How big do you really think an adult crocodile is?
so you want to bite me cos of crocodile matter
Kuku tell am to assist you with teeth
Telling me what to watch as if na ur Papa sub for me. Get sense nigga ??

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Akuruoulo(m): 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
I NO SEE ANY CROCODILE OOH . NA BIG LIZARD I SEE

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by kiddoiLL(m): 4:27pm On Nov 06, 2019
praiseneo:
so you want to bite me cos of crocodile matter
Kuku tell am to assist you with teeth
Telling me what to watch as if na ur Papa sub for me. Get sense nigga ??
No nigga I ain't telling you what shows to watch or follow. I simply made a reference, letting you know if you watched more realistic shows you'd know you're wrong in saying a crocodile can't be that big. In other words bro, so next time you won't look odd when discussing certain issues on public forums.. no insults meant

2 Likes

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by praiseneo(m): 4:29pm On Nov 06, 2019
kiddoiLL:
No nigga I ain't telling you what shows to watch or follow. I simply made a reference, letting you know if you watched more realistic shows you'd know you're wrong in saying a crocodile can't be that big. In other words bro, so next time you won't look odd when discussing certain issues on public forums.. no insults meant
LoLz I saw what u did there. But no wala all na fun. Peace#
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by melviniyke2002(m): 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
Kizzygentle:
blame d Nigeria economy.......

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
not even a matured croc.
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by DSHADOWWALKER: 5:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
praiseneo:

Lol,see this man,that crocodile is very popular,its big but not even near the biggest,its name is Brutus.It measures 16.5ft.There are much bigger ones,lolong measured 21ft7in when it was alive,there are many others around 17-18ft

2 Likes

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 5:03pm On Nov 06, 2019
praiseneo:
Crocodiles can grow to be THAT big and even bigger..

This one in the River is just an average Croc,nothing special about the size..

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Bukden16(m): 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2019
respect80:
From crocodile to alligator.

OP wedon o

I swear.
They at say " the video" while is a screenshot.

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by DarkJeddi(m): 5:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
Truthbites:
This one na alligator
Alligators don't live in Africa..

1 Like

Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by stephen12118(m): 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2019
Is this one not alligator
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by kiddoiLL(m): 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2019
praiseneo:
LoLz I saw what u did there. But no wala all na fun. Peace#
respect bro
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
Truthbites:
This one na alligator

Why?

I have noticed that some Nigerians ignorantly refer to small crocodiles as alligators. To them, alligators are far smaller than crocs.

Adult alligators and crocs. can be almost indistinguishable to a lay person.

And for your information, there are no alligators in Africa. We only have crocodiles.
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by mechanics(m): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
Where is he carrying it to?
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Mummyfour(f): 6:36pm On Nov 06, 2019
praiseneo:
my brother Google largest crocodile,fear go catch you. Watch national geographic channel or just go on the internet and see things
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by Edembasilprutus(m): 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
If you might want to know
Dey will chop am ...
Re: Crocodile Captured In Arepo, Lagos - Ibadan Expressway (Photos) by salford: 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
ValCon888:

Edited again: An adult crocodile has the strongest bite force (psi) of any animal in the world. Stronger bite than a Polar Bear, Great White Shark, Tiger, and Hippo.
An average 'adult' croc can break a Fisherman's canoe into two.
you got it wrong.
That is the type of crocodile found in West Africa. This specie is called West African Dwarf crocodile

The one in your picture is either a Nile crocodile found along the Nile banks in Africa or the Salt Water crocodile found around Australia. Salt Water crocodiles get very big and can swim between islands in the ocean.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Frank Darko, Ghanaian Inventor Who Built Bicycle That Rides On Water Launches / Kenya: EIGHT Lions Tackle Buffalo In Savage Attack (Pictures) / Snakes Tangled In Electric Wires In Benin City (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.