Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

Innocents In Universities - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Innocents In Universities (544 Views)

Innocents In Universities 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Innocents In Universities by Nayhomie(f): 9:31am On Nov 06, 2019
"Welcome Enitan" Moji, her squatter greeted. That made everyone mumble a welcome greeting as well. But Enitan pretended she couldn't feel the tension in the air and answered everyone with a tight smile and thank you after Adanna had asked about her folks. Nneora was bursting with annoyance and was so close to yelling at Enitan when Nkem distracted her.

"Nneora do you have some milk? I want to take cornflakes"
That cleared the air and even made a few in the room giggle because everyone knew Nkem hated cereal. She weighed more than most thick girls and believes that the only thing close to snacks that could quell her hunger was chicken and chips; cereal was never an option. So even Nneora had to smile when she made that request. Later that evening when Enitan and Moji went to church, the other girls couldn't help but gossip.

"She owes me an explanation" Nneora declared.
"Nobody is disputing that" Gbemi replied, “but do remember that whatever she does with her personal life is her business"
"I am not disputing that either, Gbemi. But she made it my business the minute her mother called me or have you all forgotten?" Nneora asked as she looked around.
"I was so scared that my mind was exploring different scenarios; was she kidnapped? Is she missing? Was there an accident? What......?"

Adanna was interrupted by Nkem's laughter, "Do I sound funny, Nkem?"
"Yes, you do. Only you and your naive mind will think that she was kidnapped. Everyone knows that 90% of the girls who leave hostels with their small travelling bags actually end up spending their nights, or days or weeks at their boyfriends' houses", Nkem said as she counted off with her fingers, "the houses of their sugar daddies or any man who is willing to fund their expenses. The other 10% are true Christians and Muslims alike or girls like you", Nkem continues as she points at Adanna, "or you, bunkie (short for bunkmate), no offense" as she also points at Nneora.

For a moment, Nkem held everyone's rapt attention until Gbemi laughed and Adanna clapped her hands with a frown on her face while sitting cross legged on her bed. "Thank you for that enlightenment, Professor in Women Affairs" Nkem bowed her big bulk in gratitude with a mocking sneer on her face.
"We are digressing. Let's say that lying about her actual whereabouts is her business. Leaving this room to the residence of a man or a monkey or a bear is also her business", Nneora continued heatedly as Morenike chuckled quietly, "but her mum calling me about her whereabouts makes it my business. Me calling her countless of times with no response makes it my business. The good Samaritan who eventually answered the call from God knows where, telling me he found her phone makes it my business."
"And the most irritating part is her so-called boyfriend/sugar daddy calling us to say we shouldn't fret or worry about her makes it our business." Gbemi continued.
Nkem who had already laid on her bed laughed and added "Oh, and don't forget he said she is in safe hands" and then gestured provocatively with her hands. This made everyone laugh. "So what do we do?" Nneora asked.

"Moji doesn't know" came a voice from Gbemi's bunk.....
Read more at https://chinaomi./2019/08/04/innocents-part-1/

1 Like

Re: Innocents In Universities by Mannylex(m): 10:33am On Nov 07, 2019
Nayhomie:
"Welcome Enitan" Moji, her squatter greeted. That made everyone mumble a welcome greeting as well. But Enitan pretended she couldn't feel the tension in the air and answered everyone with a tight smile and thank you after Adanna had asked about her folks. Nneora was bursting with annoyance and was so close to yelling at Enitan when Nkem distracted her.

"Nneora do you have some milk? I want to take cornflakes"
That cleared the air and even made a few in the room giggle because everyone knew Nkem hated cereal. She weighed more than most thick girls and believes that the only thing close to snacks that could quell her hunger was chicken and chips; cereal was never an option. So even Nneora had to smile when she made that request. Later that evening when Enitan and Moji went to church, the other girls couldn't help but gossip.

"She owes me an explanation" Nneora declared.
"Nobody is disputing that" Gbemi replied, “but do remember that whatever she does with her personal life is her business"
"I am not disputing that either, Gbemi. But she made it my business the minute her mother called me or have you all forgotten?" Nneora asked as she looked around.
"I was so scared that my mind was exploring different scenarios; was she kidnapped? Is she missing? Was there an accident? What......?"

Adanna was interrupted by Nkem's laughter, "Do I sound funny, Nkem?"
"Yes, you do. Only you and your naive mind will think that she was kidnapped. Everyone knows that 90% of the girls who leave hostels with their small travelling bags actually end up spending their nights, or days or weeks at their boyfriends' houses", Nkem said as she counted off with her fingers, "the houses of their sugar daddies or any man who is willing to fund their expenses. The other 10% are true Christians and Muslims alike or girls like you", Nkem continues as she points at Adanna, "or you, bunkie (short for bunkmate), no offense" as she also points at Nneora.

For a moment, Nkem held everyone's rapt attention until Gbemi laughed and Adanna clapped her hands with a frown on her face while sitting cross legged on her bed. "Thank you for that enlightenment, Professor in Women Affairs" Nkem bowed her big bulk in gratitude with a mocking sneer on her face.
"We are digressing. Let's say that lying about her actual whereabouts is her business. Leaving this room to the residence of a man or a monkey or a bear is also her business", Nneora continued heatedly as Morenike chuckled quietly, "but her mum calling me about her whereabouts makes it my business. Me calling her countless of times with no response makes it my business. The good Samaritan who eventually answered the call from God knows where, telling me he found her phone makes it my business."
"And the most irritating part is her so-called boyfriend/sugar daddy calling us to say we shouldn't fret or worry about her makes it our business." Gbemi continued.
Nkem who had already laid on her bed laughed and added "Oh, and don't forget he said she is in safe hands" and then gestured provocatively with her hands. This made everyone laugh. "So what do we do?" Nneora asked.

"Moji doesn't know" came a voice from Gbemi's bunk.....
Read more at https://chinaomi./2019/08/04/innocents-part-1/

HI OP, your story looks very interesting.... I noticed you however posted part 2 and 3 separately. Please consolidate them together in this post for continuity. Thanks

Cc: Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Innocents In Universities by Nayhomie(f): 7:01am On Nov 08, 2019
Mannylex:

HI OP, your story looks very interesting.... I noticed you however posted part 2 and 3 separately. Please consolidate them together in this post for continuity. Thanks

Cc: Lalasticlala

Thank you... Will do just that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Script For Sale? / 10 Books That Will Make You Smarter / Earn One Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.