Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) (43122 Views)

Pick Your Favourite Nigerian Rice Dish. (pictures) / See How I Make Yummy Bread Pizza At Home, Better Than Take Out (Photos, Video) / Fisayo Soyombo's Nigerian Local Rice Tweet: Nigerians Blast Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by TheExecutioner: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2019
Not all of us are like you and your fellow BMC

ForeThinker:
even though this is true in some essence ....Two things comes to mind "scripted" or hired"
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by okomile(f): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2019
Wash Nigeria rice with salt twice.

Parboil it. Wash again and gently remove the rice.

At the bottom of the pot, all the sand would have settled there.

Repeat

Add salt and little water, keep testing the texture and add water if needed.

Nigeria rice sweet, no be lie.

Teaching my in-laws who came complaining grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Kendumazy(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2019
OK
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by ijabiken1(m): 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2019
Gucciblog:
Investigative journalist ‘FISAYO SOYOMBO laments after buying Made In Nigeria rice from the market.

According to him, the rice felt like sandy soil the moment he turned it into water before parboiling it.

Sharing photos of the locally made rice he bought from the market, he wrote;send it to buhari and his households to eat,useless people

https://twitter.com/fisayosoyombo/status/1191658984014589953

Fisayo Soyombo, who is an undercover journalist, trended few days ago, after spending two weeks in detention five days in a Police cell and eight as an inmate in Ikoyi Prison to track corruption in Nigeria’s criminal justice system, beginning from the moment of arrest by the Police to the point of release from prison.

Source:
https://zenithnaija.com/investigative-journalist-cries-out-after-buying-made-in-nigeria-rice-photos/

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by phyllumtopilla: 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2019
[quote author=Gucciblog post=83788304]More[/quote
Wash it well and enjoy it with relish....ours is ours. Those producing the ones we prefer must have started with something like this at some point....meanwhile, I can assure you that the one I eat doesn't look like yours and meanwhile, is it colour you want to eat or the cooked rice?

2 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by kobosmart(m): 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
;Dif i hear say e no chop the rice
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by donprinyo(m): 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
SON or NAFDAC should do their job ASAP

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Ryan03(f): 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2019
skedman:
Nigerian rice is still the best apart from the little stones
You don't need to open your pot when cooking because it does not remove those starchy water seen when cooking imported rice.

It has the full nutrient

not all of them even have stone. The ekpoma rice I bought last month do not have stones, just little shafts that floats upwards when you pour water into it. I dey enjoy the rice o

3 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Nicklaus619(m): 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2019
The guy is talking rubbish, i have been eatin this Nigerian rice for the past one month now, and wawi it's sweet mbok kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by donifez(m): 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2019
Queenlovely:
I must confess it's not easy buying stone in place of rice. We visited sas headquarters at ikeja to share food to detained people.
The rice was so Sandy I asked them to return it. Instead I ran to the local KFC to buy about 100 chicken or so.

Haa. Oniro.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by ForeThinker: 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2019
TheExecutioner:
Not all of us are like you and your fellow BMC

Lol ..r u d cleaner ?

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by SIRKAY98(m): 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2019
What is this one saying? So you cannot enter far yourself abi? You never see anything.wait until famine enter d land
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Ryan03(f): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
sirmmykay:
Naija rice and stone are five and six.

But aside the stone, the rice is good, very white but it foams ooo
ekpoma rice don't have stones sef

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by papae1(m): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
try buying Abadini rice it's the best naija rice.

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by MisterChairman(m): 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2019
local rice is so bad and tasteless .. the annoying part is after cooking it will look short short

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
Use stainless steel plate chop till Buhari open border.
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
iammo:
cool

Foolishness at its peak, you went to the market.. you saw Lake rice, Coscharis Rice, Dangote rice, Umza rice, Mama Pride, Olams rice, and Labana rice, you covered your eyes and went straight to rice being sold inside wheel barrow by an Abokiii trader, now you are disturbing us online

Plus Mama Gold cheesy
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Detour00: 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
My friend stop complaining. We have better alternatives out there.
Gucciblog:
Investigative journalist ‘FISAYO SOYOMBO laments after buying Made In Nigeria rice from the market.

According to him, the rice felt like sandy soil the moment he turned it into water before parboiling it.

Sharing photos of the locally made rice he bought from the market, he wrote;

https://twitter.com/fisayosoyombo/status/1191658984014589953

Fisayo Soyombo, who is an undercover journalist, trended few days ago, after spending two weeks in detention five days in a Police cell and eight as an inmate in Ikoyi Prison to track corruption in Nigeria’s criminal justice system, beginning from the moment of arrest by the Police to the point of release from prison.

Source:
https://zenithnaija.com/investigative-journalist-cries-out-after-buying-made-in-nigeria-rice-photos/

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Allsingles: 3:47pm On Nov 06, 2019
Made in nigeria is more nutritious than the chemicalized
rice we all eat in the name of imported rice.

4 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Organs(m): 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
Nonsense Report. We are our own enemies even in our reporting. How is this report helpful? If she'd named the rice brand, people will avoid it and they will lose money and business.

3 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2019
okomile:
Wash Nigeria rice with salt twice.

Parboil it. Wash again and gently remove the rice.

At the bottom of the pot, all the sand would have settled there.

Repeat

Add salt and little water, keep testing the texture and add water if needed.

Nigeria rice sweet, no be lie.

Teaching my in-laws who came complaining grin grin

Personal text: Am married. Guys should stop sending messages to me grin grin grin

You never start cheesy
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by bizhop01: 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
Instagram bed investigation journalist
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Ryan03(f): 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
MisterChairman:
local rice is so bad and tasteless .. the annoying part is after cooking it will look short short
are you sure we are in the same Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by grandstar(m): 3:49pm On Nov 06, 2019
nonye6194:
He is now riding on his Nigerian Prisons story to be a nuisance. There are different grades of rice all over the market, at different rates too. Some are properly processed, while some aren't (partly because they don't have access to state of art facilities the big tier firms such as Olam, Coscharis rice Mills, etc have). A good number can't access loans or aids from banks/government to boost their businesses and improve their final product.
Be patient with our local farmers and over time things would get better.

But no, some will bash the efforts some are making to ensure food security for Nigeria.

The primary cause of hunger isn't a lack of food but a lack of money. Poverty is the primary cause of hunger.

How can paying far more for rice help food security? Rice portions have reduced. People are hungrier than before.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by ObongawanAKS(f): 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2019
iammo:
cool

Foolishness at its peak, you went to the market.. you saw Lake rice, Coscharis Rice, Dangote rice, Umza rice, Mama Pride, Olams rice, and Labana rice, you covered your eyes and went straight to rice being sold inside wheel barrow by an Abokiii trader, now you are disturbing us online
Even if Buhari opens the border to satisfy this Investigative Dunce's smuggled rice addiction, me and my family would continue eating local rice because it is very sweet and i cant be using my own money to make ungratefull african countries richer

Wow! You sure do know them by name, how impressive!
Please, which is the best amongst them? I need value for my money mbok.

3 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2019
skedman:
Nigerian rice is still the best apart from the little stones
You don't need to open your pot when cooking because it does not remove those starchy water seen when cooking imported rice.

It has the full nutrient

There are no stones.

It depends on the one you purchased.

The journalist isn't a smart person.

I just snapped the Nigerian rice that I eat.

I dey market sef as I dey type.

5 Likes

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by henrydadon(m): 3:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
RUDEBOYY:
Ova their are better Nigeria rice in the market.
I eat local rice and I love it.
It have different grades or washes
Lol.. Listen to yourself why should our rice have different grades
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by ziegurf(m): 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
Different colors of Mr presido in one person
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by Lamanii22(f): 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2019
sway112:
Baba wash it very well and parboil it's very sweet

Lol... It does taste nice though... I think the rice is in grades... The one I'm currently eating is not dirty at all...

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by olasaad(f): 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
CoolAmbience:

There are no stones.

It depends on the one you purchased.

The journalist isn't a smart person.

I just snapped the Nigerian rice that I eat.

I dey market sef as I dey type.

brand name pls

1 Like

Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by okomile(f): 3:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
truthsayer009:

Personal text: Am married. Guys should stop sending messages to me grin grin grin

You never start cheesy

Bros, u wan marry married woman? grin grin
Re: Fisayo Soyombo Buys Nigerian Rice, Cries Out (Photos) by omenka(m): 3:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
iammo:
cool

Even if Buhari opens the border to satisfy this Investigative Dunce's smuggled rice addiction, me and my family would continue eating local rice because it is very sweet and i cant be using my own money to make ungratefull african countries richer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Story Of Bush Meat Prepared By Me. / See Variety Of Nigerian Soups. (pictures) / What Meals Do I Need To Avoid To Stop Growing Fat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.