Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,850 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos (25250 Views)

What Is That Diabolical Sign To Look Out For While Renting An Apartment? / Why Renting An Apartment In Lagos Is So Expensive / Safety Tips When Renting A Property In Lagos| Cotenant.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
DameB:

This instance you described is good.
Some get home 12. Some leave home 4 and get to work 9am
So scary to imagine sef

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by DameB(f): 7:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
paix:
Can you recite the national anthem? Let's see how patriotic you are.

No, let him be a senator for free and not collect any salary or benefit grin grin... Now that's patriotism
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Kayrich(m): 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2019
CotenantNIG:
Hello

Lets look at fees you would be paying when renting an apartment in Lagos.

Renting an apartment in Lagos is a task.

So with this you can get prepared.

FEES TO TAKE NOTE OFF

Registration Form: This is the first money you would always pay before you see a property, this form is always ₦1,000 or higher some times

Rent:  Renting an apartment means entering into a legal arrangement with a landlord (the owner of the property) to live in the space for an agreed-upon fee. This fee, which is usually paid on a monthly basis or yearly, is called rent. The renter who occupies the apartment is also known as the tenant.

Agreement: This fee is usually collected by agents, but of recent Landlords are now collecting agreement money. The agreement is usually 5% of the cost of property you are renting, if you don't pay this fee you are not entering into your apartment.

Commission: This is the agent fee when you are renting an apartment, its usually the other 5% percent of the agreement from renting an apartment. The painful thing about commissions is if 10 agents are connected to a property they would share lets say ₦15,000 equally after a client have rented a property.

Legal Fees: If a property is being handled by a lawyer, you must pay legal fees to the lawyer. This fees are mostly for documentations etc

Service Charge: Most property on the island collect service charge, a charge made for maintenance on a property which has been leased. For example the space owners are the one that pay for your electricity, most shared apartments and short lets have serviced charged attached to their fees

Damages: Source

Thank you
add yours too

Nice one but you got it wrong with agreement and legal fee. They are not different. Agreement also means the legal fee. The lawyers takes this legal fee for preparing the agreement. What goes to the agent is only the agency fee for finding the house for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by paix(m): 7:23pm On Nov 06, 2019
larry90500:
Stop getting your apartments by contacting local agents. Contact the right professionals (Estate Surveyors).

However, The only proper fees you are meant to pay when you want to enter into occupation of a new premise are;
1. Rent (The amount the building commands, the money the building owner gets)
2. Agency fee ( Certain percentage of the rent is usually collected as agency fee)
3. Legal fee (The basis of your contract. The landlord and tenants obligations are usually stated here.)
4. Caution deposit ( Refundable fee, if you keep the premise intact as you met it)
5. Service charge (depending on how the premise is being managed)

Don't contact quacks(local agents) for property related affairs! Na person wey sabi road make you follow!
Can item 4 be feasible? Considering wear and tear on the house.
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Kingzeez10: 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2019
ejigbo2:
Learn 2d animation from scratch WhatsApp

0-9-0-2-4-1-6-3-9-3-8
For free?

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by larry90500(m): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2019
Very possible, as long as the tenant isn't the cause of the wear and tear. The landlord takes care of other repairs
paix:
Can item 4 be feasible? Considering wear and tear on the house.

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by paix(m): 7:27pm On Nov 06, 2019
DameB:

No, let be a senator for free and not collect any salary or benefit grin grin... Now that's patriotism
Nah Nah Nah. First thing first. Recite, and senatorial seat is yours for keeps.

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by paix(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2019
larry90500:
Very possible, as long as the tenant isn't the cause of the wear and tear. The landlord takes care of other repairs
Ok.
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by DameB(f): 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
paix:
Nah Nah Nah. First thing first. Recite, and senatorial seat is yours for keeps.

Lol
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Richy150(m): 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2019
computergeek:
Lol... You did not add mental health fees.

I'll keep saying it, everyone living in Lagos should keep a part of their earnings aside to take care of their mental health. Let's remove the inherent anger everybody there seems to foster and focus on the traffic. Traffic takes a new meaning in Lag.

I visited Lagos for two weeks during my NYSC and I've never gone back. How can someone leave her home at 4:30 am for an 8:00am job only to return at 10:00pm when they close at 6:00?

Èko ę ré

2 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Lincoln275(m): 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2019
bob55dave:
Nice one
Am planning on renting a place in lagos by january. I want to relocate
Budget is about 100k. What can i get with this amount
you will get a room apartment in ajegunle axis or a standard room around okokomaiko

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by udemzyudex(m): 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2019
bob55dave:
Nice one
Probably 1 room apartment plus your change to paint the room grin

If you want a room or a room and parlor self contain just budget #120-150k grin

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by udemzyudex(m): 7:35pm On Nov 06, 2019
larry90500:
Stop getting your apartments by contacting local agents. Contact the right professionals (Estate Surveyors).

However, The only proper fees you are meant to pay when you want to enter into occupation of a new premise are;
1. Rent (The amount the building commands, the money the building owner gets)
2. Agency fee ( Certain percentage of the rent is usually collected as agency fee)
3. Legal fee (The basis of your contract. The landlord and tenants obligations are usually stated here.)
4. Caution deposit ( Refundable fee, if you keep the premise intact as you met it)
5. Service charge (depending on how the premise is being managed)

Don't contact quacks(local agents) for property related affairs! Na person wey sabi road make you follow!

Lol..na so,oga na their wahala even plenty sef.
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by simpleswazy(m): 7:43pm On Nov 06, 2019
bob55dave:
Nice one
100k won't even get u a decent single room apartment in Lagos.. depend on the area you looking at too.. you have to put that into consideration

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 06, 2019
computergeek:
Lol... You did not add mental health fees.

I'll keep saying it, everyone living in Lagos should keep a part of their earnings aside to take care of their mental health. Let's remove the inherent anger everybody there seems to foster and focus on the traffic. Traffic takes a new meaning in Lag.

I visited Lagos for two weeks during my NYSC and I've never gone back. How can someone leave her home at 4:30 am for an 8:00am job only to return at 10:00pm when they close at 6:00?

Hmmm.... I don't have intention of staying in that city in this Life.

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 06, 2019
princeking2:

Hmmm.... I don't have intention of staying in that city in this Life.
Better for your health oo

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by feguson123: 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2019
Let me connect you to any apartment for sale and for rent here in Lagos, my region of operation is strictly on the island,Ajah, Lekki, Ikoyi,Banana island,i will also connect you to legal land in Lagos for both residential and commercial purposes.
meet us Kachupp properties at Sebuff plaza Lekki Epe expressway.07033372260

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2019
computergeek:
Better for your health oo
I love my peace abeg... Even if it's the only place in Nigeria, I prefer to travel abroad.
How can people be living a regimented life. cry

2 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by somehow: 8:21pm On Nov 06, 2019
5% agreement?
5% commission?

Very wrong!

3 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2019
cool

2 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by soleexx(m): 8:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
Bonatheripper:

you were born to suffer

I guess I'm one of the few lucky ones to be born with a silver spoon .... Nigeria is favouring my generation whether the economy is bad or not

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by rhazur(m): 8:30pm On Nov 06, 2019
Caution fee nko?
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by BabaIbo: 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2019
bob55dave:
Nice one

Which area do you want to reside?

I'm currently staying in a room self contained but I'm planning to rent another apartment come January and I need to share it with someone since I'm still single and not getting married soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by BabaIbo: 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
udemzyudex:

Probably 1 room apartment plus your change to paint the room grin

If you want a room or a room and parlor self contain just budget #120-150k grin

Where you wan get a room n parlor self contain for that amount in Lagos, maybe in those areas close to Ogun I think. You can only get a room self contain for that amount or more depending on the location

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by alsudaes1(m): 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2019
Jokerman:
Agency fee and commGission fee is the worse

How can I rent a mini for 300k, and you are asking for 70/70/30, instead of 50/50/20??

Agents fear God
Its annoying, going by 5% value, it should even be 15/15/15 for a 300k rent. But this is never the case

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by webngnews: 9:02pm On Nov 06, 2019
Oh
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Accurate11(m): 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2019
Aba is almost worst than Lagos if u live in Faulks Rd. Self cont is like paying for a whole flat with their dirty n smelling environment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Horlufemi(m): 9:25pm On Nov 06, 2019
Registration fee is what you are after. Don't normalize it
Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Amanda4life: 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2019
Unpaid Backlogs of former occupants NEPA bill

2 Likes

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by rockyh(m): 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2019
quote author=computergeek post=83799126]Lol... You did not add mental health fees.

[/quote]such person came home earlier than expected

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by rockyh(m): 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2019
bob55dave:
Nice one
single room

1 Like

Re: Fees To Take Note Of When Renting An Apartment In Lagos by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
rockyh:
quote author=computergeek post=83799126]Lol... You did not add mental health fees.

such person came home earlier than expected
I can't fit laugh ooo grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Man Laments As Flood Carries Away His Properties In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Please Judge This Case For Me, Between Me And My Tenant. / Fashola Inspects Houses Constructed Under The National Housing Programme In Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.