Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,140 members, 7,807,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Before You Marry As A Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Before You Marry As A Man (39787 Views)

If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Marry As A Man by Naanlong01: 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2019
I recently turned 29 and i have never felt the reality of settling down like am feeling now. A brief introduction about myself: am the only male child of 3children, my mum almost singlehandedly raised us, though dad is alive and kicking but doesn't really care. I became an entrepreneur a year ago after NYSC.

Current monthly saving is less than 30k after tithe. I have the potential of doubling it before end of next year.

Note: i am not under any pressure to marry and am not even dating (not until i'm ready for marriage ) but i plan to marry when i turn 31 in 2021 after settling my mum and sisters, i believe they must be financially free especially my mum before i can settle for marriage. Now here comes the question, if you live in a 12k5 single room like me, pays 12k annual shop rent and 2bedroom flat apartment goes for 50k max (future marriage consideration) how much do you think its ok as a monthly saving before marriage. And if you are married, how much was your monthly saving then.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Acidosis(m): 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2019
Naanlong01:
I recently turned 29 and i have never felt the reality of settling down like am feeling now. A brief introduction about myself: am the only male child of 3children, my mum almost singlehandedly raised us, though dad is alive and kicking but doesn't really care. I became an entrepreneur a year ago after NYSC.

Current monthly saving is less than 30k after tithe. I have the potential of doubling it before end of next year.
Note: i am not under any pressure to marry and am not even dating (not until i'm ready for marriage ) but i plan to marry when i turn 31 in 2021 after settling my mum and sisters, i believe they must be financially free especially my mum before i can settle for marriage. Now here comes the question, if you live in a 12k5 single room like me, pays 12k annual shop rent and 2bedroom flat apartment goes for 50k max (future marriage consideration) how much do you think its ok as a monthly saving before marriage. And if you are married, how much was your monthly saving then.

50k max for 2 bedroom flat? What part of the country do you wish/plan to raise a family?

I think you should vacate your current environment and try to expand your dream. If you insist on settling down at your current location, still work out a plan to raise your dream, set big targets and strive to achieve them. Regardless of where you live, set a target that is comparable to someone living in Lagos Mainland where a 2-bedroom goes for 500k min. Raise that 500k, pay 50k rent and save up the 450k.

177 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Naanlong01: 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Acidosis:

50k max for 2 bedroom flat? What part of the country do you wish/plan to raise a family?

I think you should vacate your current environment and try to expand your dream. If you insist on settling down at your current location, still work out a plan to raise your dream, set big targets and strive to achieve them. Regardless of where you live, set a target that is comparable to someone living in Lagos Mainland where a 2-bedroom goes for 500k min. Raise that 500k, pay 50k rent and save up the 450k.

Thanks, may God increase you allround.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Naanlong01: 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2019
Acidosis:

Thanks, am grateful for sharing your bright mind on this matter. Some of the considerations are, starting life as a young man is comparatively easier than Lag whr my family is based, part of the plan is to make the money here and educate my kids in Lag under the watch of my parents, while they come here for holiday just like boarding school kids.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Omojudy: 8:11pm On Nov 06, 2019
You definitely don’t stay in Lagos. I hope you get some wonderful advice from this thread nonetheless.
Weldone so far.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Acidosis(m): 8:16pm On Nov 06, 2019
Naanlong01:

Thanks, am grateful for sharing your bright mind on this matter. Some of the considerations are, starting life as a young man is comparatively easier than Lag whr my family is based, part of the plan is to make the money here and educate my kids in Lag under the watch of my parents, while they come here for holiday just like boarding school kids.

It's a good idea to stay back and make some money at your current location. I wish you the very best.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 06, 2019
OP you are definitely on the right track, If you can try & double your hustle to save 50k per month. That would be 600k per year.

Imagine saving for 2 years & starting a business before getting married, at least you have about 1.2M+ capital to rely on.

Also marriage too will gulp some good amount of money, you also have to save for that.

12 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Promismike(m): 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ok
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by iCauseTrouble: 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
which part of the country do they pay this kind of house rent

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Jh0wsef(m): 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
Before you marry, please make sure you have good branding for your business..

Need classy logos, eflyers, business cards to speak for your brand? We can help you with that grin

https://www.nairaland.com/5462386/hey-check-out-designs

4 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Jh0wsef(m): 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Alright
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by babyfaceafrica: 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
k
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Pentools(m): 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
Booked....

On some reals, this shouldn't be your problem now, because things changes especially with the fluctuating situation of naija and her economy.

You should be more concerned about the wife to marry. How supportive, committed, loving, respectful and determined to make you n the marriage grow financially, spiritually, economically and otherwise....

If you marry the wrong person all this your so called plans will dwindle drastically and your priorities will shift to the opposite....

#Think_smartly..... #ChooseWisely!!!

God help us all....#Amen!!!

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Jordan97: 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2019
angry
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by GeneralPula: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
See as this guy man dey plan ahead for these hoes that ain’t worth it. Okay, Good luck

Me, I just dey here dey rock this song;

Hopsin- Hotel in Sydney... cool

8 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by kollinz1234(m): 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
Brother, a lot of men married having lesser than what u have now, today they are living conveniently;

Secondly, u may wait till ages if you are planning to make your family financially stable b4 getting married; Gods plans are different from ours, and it doesn't rest on your shoulders to make them financially stable, they are Gods responsibility. That is one of the mistake many of we africans do, especially we the firstborns, that is why most of us (firstborns) are behind our junior ones

Thirdly, my guy there is no flat of 2 bedroom flat for 50k not even in Ajegunle

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by ekestic1976(f): 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
Naanlong01:

You dey pay tithe and offering! Well, e be like say sufferness never reach your side, bro.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by metrosexual: 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2019
Just set an age when you intend to get married, before this time achieve some financial flexibility according to the means you can live with.

Mr A's level might be having at least 200k in savings and a one bed room house before marriage.

Mr B's level might be having at least 3 million naira savings, a car and a 3 bedroom flat before marriage.

Just pick a level of reach you know can fit your life.

Lastly, don't listen to those ignorant folks who would tell you that just marry now, other things would come later, alot of marriage folks are suffering in silence and hiding under the useless pride of being called "married".

67 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Rodeoz(m): 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
Here to learn from the bright minds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Seanteewhy: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
Put all your savings on sure 2 odd after 2 years and thank me later

5 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by lastempero: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
People should learn how to solve their problems and stop piling up more problems in addition to the one Buhari has placed on Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Pabloosas(m): 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
shocked
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Kwamecron(m): 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
Wetin happen again ooh

Help me read am ... I beg
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 06, 2019
Good evening nairalanders.

I booked this space just to politely greet everyone cheesy .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by franchasng: 8:58pm On Nov 06, 2019
Op, you need to change your dream and vision. You can never achieve what you never dreamed or envisaged. Like Acidosis rightfully said, you need to dream a bit higher than what you narrated if you want to give your future family a deserving life free from the same family poverty cycle peculiar with Nigerian families.

I will suggest you raise your age mandate for settling down to 33 or 34yrs to enable you have a hold of your financial life first. Continue on your entrepreneurship pathway but keep applying for better paying paid jobs to enable you save up and gain more experience you can apply in your future business dealings.

Your words touched me....you come of as a determined young man who found himself in the rat race of black African nation with stupid leaders which I am sure you contributed in electing. May God help you

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Sonnobax15(m): 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2019
grin Dear op,marriage should be the last thing on your mind right now though you aren't a kid any longer,but atleast this should stick in your head *money brings out the beauty in every marriage*....

11 Likes

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2019
Ok the topic was definitely not what I thought it was.
I will return to the website i was developing now.

Thanks
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by elotajohn1(m): 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
Here to learn
Re: Before You Marry As A Man by 9jayes: 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
3 bedrooms flat for Anambra is just 35k per year while dat of Kastina is 15k

1 Like

Re: Before You Marry As A Man by Sweetcollins: 9:00pm On Nov 06, 2019
Well noted

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Typical Face-me-i-face-you Occupants / The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well / Woman Flaunts Superbaby Tattoo On Her Babybump (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.