Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? (18030 Views)

Easiest Way To Raise Fund For A New Business / Discover How To Raise Fund For Your Project. / Start A Petition And Raise Fund,A new startup help Nigerian to Start a petition! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Antoeni(m): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
If you Ask Me, Na who I go Ask?
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Chidex50(m): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kenoxman:
Get a job that allows you flexibility of time. May be a part-time or contract job. Save as much as you can. Use the free time to build urself and the business.
You're absolutely not incorrect.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by JoeMaddog: 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
Josh44s:

I will be grateful to you for life if you can help me with some freelance tutorials websites or files to enable me learn such skills. It ain’t lately honestly.
I learnt how to freelance on nairaland. There are several posts on freelancing on this site you can check for them. As for the tutorials on skills, YouTube is a great asset.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by talisman35(m): 2:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
Go and work,save some money and start small.
I started my poultry farm with my personal savings,initially many thougth I have lost it that I dont no what no am doing,but when they see my prospect in the bussines they all live me alone.
Tall to people in your line of bussiness, the will give you ideas.
Mind you don't ever borrow to start up a bussiness.
It will kill the bussines,borrow to expand
And start small

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by partnerbizn5(m): 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
Happyguy201:
Go into ashawaooo business wetin 2 months you can make that 500k u want .
That's uncharitable.
Let's encourage her.
She sounds so smart, from her responses.

Spreading legs isn't the best!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by mabea: 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

Am tired of the 8-5 jobs 6 days a week. You get salaries that you can hardly save. You spend years building someone else dream with nothing to show for it while yours is busy drinking Pepsi.
One needs to take the bold step now or remain at the mercy of employers
If you can't save in your 8-5 job then you can't manage a business successfully. Business is like raising a family,you take full responsibility. Best option is to save some funds because you will feel discouraged when the people whom you hoped would help you fail you.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by BlackCrainte: 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
Money rituals
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by DCmonster: 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
sleekyjay:
500 odds * 1000 naira
= #500,000

Lmao!
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Happyguy201: 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
partnerbizn5:

That's uncharitable.
Let's encourage her.
She sounds so smart, from her responses.

Spreading legs isn't the best!

We live in a country where no one cares to help you until you make it or help your self . So if she wants fast money to start up she can go into runz save up and start her business

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by frowland(m): 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
adaperry25:
don't be deceived by submitting a proposal to so called investors ..no one is ready to help in this country.. better get your personal funds or funds from family and friends..I created a thread seeking for investors..some feigned interest and later ignored, one of them who is a nairalander was drilling me with questions unending, I was also giving him answers, when he got tired , he simply said he wasn't interested..it's when your business starts booming, you'll see the banks and investors knocking at your door and begging you to invest..that's the real Life

You are not ready to find an investor, continue to create threads. Investors evaluate risks before venturing into any business. No real investor will take any Nairaland thread hogwash serious.

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by micflo28(m): 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
Look for someone who has a government salary account, use it to take a loan wen profits come u repay.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by sonature1: 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

Am tired of the 8-5 jobs 6 days a week. You get salaries that you can hardly save. You spend years building someone else dream with nothing to show for it while yours is busy drinking Pepsi.

Dunno where you got that line from, but I had to respond after laughing out so hard. grin

I put it to you: You must really like Pepsi!

Well, that was exactly how I felt some two years back when I quit my 9-5 to start freelancing.

Today, I have some money, but I am looking for business ideas...that's because I don't want to quit freelancing.

If you have some digital skills, online freelancing can be a fast way of raising capital.

I don't teach though; there are links on Nairaland that show how to do that.

I wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by kunzzy4me(m): 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:
Lately, I have summoned the courage to start up a business. I have several business ideas but had being afraid to make the move because of all that is involved. I am ready to do so now but faced with the challenge of getting funds.
I will need about half a million to kick off and don't want to start with loan.

Do I need to write a proposal and submit to my prospective helpers or do I just meet and explain to them. I hope also to raise the fund from family and friends. How do I go about it please.

Thanks.

Tg
Approach any commercial bank for loan...CBN has direct all commercial bank to give soft loan for small scale business owner...apply through ur bank...best of luck
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by JerryQ: 2:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
Write a biz proposal, approach family and friends with the proposal. Provided they believe in you, you will get it. 500k is within reach.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by mabea: 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
Be careful how you share your business idea
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by gifftson101(f): 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:
Lately, I have summoned the courage to start up a business. I have several business ideas but had being afraid to make the move because of all that is involved. I am ready to do so now but faced with the challenge of getting funds.

Do I need to write a proposal and submit to my prospective helpers or do I just meet and explain to them. I hope also to raise the fund from family and friends. How do I go about it please.

Thanks.

Tg

Am facing similar challenge at the moment. Honestly, nobody is willing to help.
I have been battling for this for years and am not happy about .
I established a business after i lost my banking job, 3 years ago. Paid for rents. All I needed was just funds to buy goods for sale but the banks.
The banks are not helping Mather either. You walk up to a bank for a loan. They ask you to run your account for months to enable them access you.
Then I asked, where do I get the money to run an account in the first place.
I wish you well.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Bigblessed: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
Very good idea for you to be independent bro.

I will advise, you start with the least-demanding-capital business idea since you have a lot of them.

While the business grows, you keep adding other ideas according to your capability; till you arrive to your desired point.

Again, don't forget that there will be obstacles especially during the initial period, but patient and determination will help.

I don't advise for loan for a new business, but you have the final say.

Good luck!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Oluwalonseungbo(m): 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
adaperry25:
don't be deceived by submitting a proposal to so called investors ..no one is ready to help in this country.. better get your personal funds or funds from family and friends..I created a thread seeking for investors..some feigned interest and later ignored, one of them who is a nairalander was drilling me with questions unending, I was also giving him answers, when he got tired , he simply said he wasn't interested..it's when your business starts booming, you'll see the banks and investors knocking at your door and begging you to invest..that's the real Life

Hmmm...
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by ademiola123: 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
to be honest not that people dont like helping but when it comes to repayment u guys become enemies

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Atigba: 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

Thanks.

Tg

Dont approach men except they are your relatives.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
Welcome to the club....if ideas no need fund....dangote networth go be my tax....but i still de bootstrap anyway sha grin grin grin

Laptop for sale grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5491361/laptop-sale

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Josh44s(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
JoeMaddog:
I learnt how to freelance on nairaland. There are several posts on freelancing on this site you can check for them. As for the tutorials on skills, YouTube is a great asset.

Thanks. That’s quite a useful information from you
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Josh44s(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
JoeMaddog:

Thanks. That’s quite a useful information from you
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Chiefochiefo(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
Sometimes when we try to apply what we read on textbooks on Nigeria context it becomes off key. For textbook, we learnt that in establishing a business, money does not come first, idea does. But in Nigeria, everyone has business ideas, but only those who have the money ventures into business.
My advice is this..... Have your business ideas at the back of your mind, then find something doing to help urself. If u like beg from Jigawa reach Jamaica you're on ur own.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Josh44s(m): 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
micflo28:
Look for someone who has a government salary account, use it to take a loan wen profits come u repay.

Na who dis one wan put for igbese wink

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Rubbiish(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2019
Atigba:

Dont approach men except they are your relatives.

Lol
Are things that bad?
So many men still help ladies without taking advantage of them
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Ryan03(f): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

relax, work and save, it will save you the heartache and disappointment that comes with seeking of funds. It will be stressful but with good discipline, you will save enough to start
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by 3RNEST(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

That's the spirit some Nigerians are yet to discover, thank God for Internet today one can run a business online...

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Is Your Greatest Challenge In Importation Business? / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? / Guide To Create, Verify, And Activate Wise Account In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.