Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? (18040 Views)

Easiest Way To Raise Fund For A New Business / Discover How To Raise Fund For Your Project. / Start A Petition And Raise Fund,A new startup help Nigerian to Start a petition! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by GuestLog: 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

Am tired of the 8-5 jobs 6 days a week. You get salaries that you can hardly save. You spend years building someone else dream with nothing to show for it while yours is busy drinking Pepsi.
One needs to take the bold step now or remain at the mercy of employers
I like your mindset. You will achieve greatness.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Ryan03(f): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
Rubbiish:

Lol
Are things that bad?
So many men still help ladies without taking advantage of them
story for the gods
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by millionboi2: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2019
Beverlyjean:
Juve 1
Barca1
Spurs 1
Atletico1
Inter1
Young boys 1
Napoli1
Leeds under 3.5
Slavia Prague 1
Az Alkmaar 1

Put 50k... U will thank me later
wickedness
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Ayowumie(m): 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
gifftson101:

Am facing similar challenge at the moment. Honestly, nobody is willing to help.
I have been battling for this for years and am not happy about .
I established a business after i lost my banking job, 3 years ago. Paid for rents. All I needed was just funds to buy goods for sale but the banks.
The banks are not helping Mather either. You walk up to a bank for a loan. They ask you to run your account for months to enable them access you.
Then I asked, where do I get the money to run an account in the first place.
I wish you well.

Apologies for the stress you had to go through. The streets are not smiling indeed. However, there are still people who can genuinely invest in ideas that are solution driven. This next comment is directed at you and the OP.

What tangible problem are you looking at providing solution for?
What's the minimum amount you can start with?
How much of your personal fund are you committing (this is called responsibly involved)
How can you guarantee to make profit within the next 18 months
What are the conditions upon which the business may fail?
Are you looking for a loan or investor?
What are your possible repayment plans?
Where in Nigeria do you reside (I'm biased towards people residing in the North as this is easier for me to do some due diligence)

I did crowd-funding for some business early this year and I'm doing more for year 2020 in sha Allah. We rise by lifting others.

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by segzie2012: 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
lilwetdick:
no rich stranger is going to give you money, if you dont start your business, ask money from families and friends especially your father or mother to start

let people see that you have started and also make some cash and people with money will want to support you

lastly, do not collect loans to start a business, you use loan to expand your business when you are making cash not to start

You said they should not use loan to start a business but to expand... Good thou but.
My question is what if you have a monthly pay cheque and obtain a loan to kick start the business while the bank take repayment from your salary? What's your take on this

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by lomprico(m): 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kenoxman:
Get a job that allows you flexibility of time. May be a part-time or contract job. Save as much as you can. Use the free time to build urself and the business.

if him see the job he for no create this thread! Abi u get job to give am? pipo sef undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Torg77: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:
Lately, I have summoned the courage to start up a business. I have several business ideas but had being afraid to make the move because of all that is involved. I am ready to do so now but faced with the challenge of getting funds.
I will need about half a million to kick off and don't want to start with loan.

Do I need to write a proposal and submit to my prospective helpers or do I just meet and explain to them. I hope also to raise the fund from family and friends. How do I go about it please.

Thanks.

Tg

What business did u come up with
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Myhusband(m): 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
qanda:
OP, give us an idea of the business first, the industry it serves, is it a B2C or B2B business? Do you sell a product or offer a service? Do you have a business plan?

Answering these questions will enable the 'Senoir Class' members here offer you useful advice.

The generic response is:
-Family and Friends
-Crowd Funding
-Personal savings
-Take a loan
-Get a Business Partner
-Get an Investor
-Apply for a grant

nice input bro. I'm also planning for a retail business but I only have money for the small warehouse, how can one get a loan or what procedure or process

I will be waiting for your response in regards. thanks in anticipation
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by columbus007(m): 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
What do you mean you have been thinking and at the same time you don’t have money,you think you are the only one who think?lots of Nigerian have same idea biko

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Foxflames: 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
Drive uber
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Torg77: 2:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
JoeMaddog:
Buy a laptop, render some freelance services.
If you don't have any skill, learn gradually. In 6 months, you'll start earning. Then you can channel your money to whatever business you want to do.

What's a good fast model laptop to buy ?
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Amhappy(f): 2:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
sonature1:

Dunno where you got that line from, but I had to respond after laughing out so hard. grin

I put it to you: You must really like Pepsi!

Well, that was exactly how I felt some two years back when I quit my 9-5 to start freelancing.

Today, I have some money, but I am looking for business ideas...that's because I don't want to quit freelancing.

If you have some digital skills, online freelancing can be a fast way of raising capital.

I don't teach though; there are links on Nairaland that show how to do that.

I wish you the best.

Skills like??

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by kushme: 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
Dirty society, why would you remove my post, you know the truth! : undecided .. Women don't make it without a man(in society)..
Women don't have ideas.. Some of us don't see a woman (even our mothers) as utility, not all...
Nairaland, suck ma shlong...
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Thegoodone13(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
Start small and you will see person that will help you. My own problems is which business should I venture into.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by iLegendd(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
Below are the only truth you need.

1. Nobody is willing to invest until things are booming
2. Write a book and sell on Amazon to raise fund
3. Now, use your Amazon money and invest

I'm a living testimony. For more info, use YouTube or Google.

All the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by SocialJustice: 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:
Lately, I have summoned the courage to start up a business. I have several business ideas but had being afraid to make the move because of all that is involved. I am ready to do so now but faced with the challenge of getting funds.

Do I need to write a proposal and submit to my prospective helpers or do I just meet and explain to them. I hope also to raise the fund from family and friends. How do I go about it please.

Thanks.

Tg
Your savings should be your biggest source of funds for an idea stage business. Start, no matter how small.

When the business succeeds and needs to grow then you can involve friends and family.

Do not waste your time writing proposals to people at this point.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

Thanks.

Tg

You are an inteligent and hardworking person, OP. I don't have the answers, but your thread is a good idea...and am following it. Thanks for this.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by MaziEDOZIE(m): 2:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kenoxman:
Get a job that allows you flexibility of time. May be a part-time or contract job. Save as much as you can. Use the free time to build urself and the business.

As if getting a Job is that easy in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
pickatyou:
NNE sorry, won't want to dash your hopes or say you should not try but banking on anyone to bankroll you will only frustrate you and kill your hope.

First rule in the street, there are no friends(family inclusive) you are a lone ranger till you make it.
cheh person way never chop go dash money, as the man get idea and be they look for money, na so agbero get idea to look for money put danfo for roads too they collect returns, all man for himself till we make it. How many the OP don dash money to start business before hoping someone else will dash him too, we shouldn't say no friends, even person way get 1 million for account if don borrow 3 millions and still they look for 2 million and you wet see the money thinking be say to help you with it,na Oyo you dey ooo, not everything wet get white pure, na person way body they pain no how him body dey feel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Originalsly: 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
Are you really hoping somebody would dash you N500K to start a business?.....with soooo much information you provided? ...and none of your business ideas can jump start from the bottom?... then grow?
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Atigba: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
Rubbiish:

Lol
Are things that bad?

Not in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Klington: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
majority of us are in this category.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Torg77: 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
talisman35:
Go and work,save some money and start small.
I started my poultry farm with my personal savings,initially many thougth I have lost it that I dont no what no am doing,but when they see my prospect in the bussines they all live me alone.
Tall to people in your line of bussiness, the will give you ideas.
Mind you don't ever borrow to start up a bussiness.
It will kill the bussines,borrow to expand
And start small

Is the poultry business very lucrative ? I want a business where I can get NET profit of 220k a month
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by victorian(f): 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

Thanks.

Tg
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by victorian(f): 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
obillyj:

Thanks.

Tg

Sell your idea to your mum or dad, those are the only two people that will trust and invest in your business proposal without ulterior motives.

Any other person would want to take advantage of you, as you are a female.
They will promise, make it look like they believe in your ideas but all they want is to have sex with you in the guise of sponsoring your business proposal even if they will have any percentage in it. They don't care. All they are gunning for is your pussy. Forget Tony elumelu, that's a pure waste of time and effort.

So stick with your parents. Then get a job by the side and save, then start small. With time. U will grow if u are consistent and focused on growing.
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by adaperry25: 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
frowland:

You are not ready to find an investor, continue to create threads. Investors evaluate risks before venturing into the business. No real investor will take Nairaland threads hogwash serious.
so how can I get investors since nairaland thread is hogwash according to u
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by nuel101(m): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
Can someone please shed some light on pig farming?... Someone said its very lucrative
Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by Britishcoins(m): 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
Klington:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Wish i was this lucky after wasting so many years serving my aunty,then left with nothing
It was God's intervention, because even the shop I rented that 50k is not up to the money I spent on the agents....

I even left entire northern region to far away south, he will only be seeing me maybe on social media.....
Some uncles and aunt are very wicked...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Originalsly:
Are you really hoping somebody would dash you N500K to start a business?.....with soooo much information you provided? ...and none of your business ideas can jump start from the bottom?... then grow?
I work my ass off to start ordinary game centre and not a single loan or support of 1# from friends and family, I even dash my street bro 50k when he want start printing business but when my turn return walahi shishi I no get , the person way I dash money, even all my babe wey collect turn back to me, such is life

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Raise Fund For My New Business? by kushme: 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Rubbiish:

Lol
Are things that bad?

See what I am saying, many men( mostly thirsty made men) helping females(mostly not worth it), but won't help young males with genuine purposes..

Maybe, they are always scared of how these females would leave them for a young successful blood...

No wahala, I understand. Man is naturally selfish, he wants everything to himself..
Even at old age, he still wants to fvck young pvssy or preferred pvssy over any other male..

Note: I dey mid thirties... And no worldly worries.. I just like to state reality on the street and in side House... Experience.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Send My Birthday Wishes Or Close My Account, Man Threaten His Bank (video) / Have You Ever Been Scammed Before? / Why Is Pound Outstripping Dollars In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.