Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) (34803 Views)

Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures / Rector Of Ede Poly Installs King-size Bed In Office, Suspended.. / FCT Teachers Chase Out Pupils From Classrooms (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by kobosmart(m): 8:57am On Nov 07, 2019
grin convenant student olodo ehn
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by solmusdesigns: 8:57am On Nov 07, 2019
voltron14:

Please stop the joke.

Universities in the UK have cameras in the hallways and public spaces for security.

Privacy is still a personal matter.

Universities are not meant for kids or sheep.

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by voltron14: 9:02am On Nov 07, 2019
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by micflo28(m): 9:03am On Nov 07, 2019
Threebear:
This is why private universities are called glorified secondary schools .

Can you imagine the rubbish ?

I heard in Madonna, people get permission to leave the school premises grin.

Pass your jamb and post UME so you won't be monitored like a criminal in a federal prison grin
When you are sexually abused by a lecturer u will beg and pray to be monitored and believed story u narrate
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by solmusdesigns: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2019
isnt caleb university and other universities with cctv on the lower side, perhaps lesser than 8% or within such range

voltron14:

8%
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by hekkyboi: 9:04am On Nov 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

People from one cheap polythecnic where cultism and oloshoism is a 3unit course would always call a private school a glorified secondary school, even students from "COLD ROOM" University of Nigeria would also complain

Real Universities all over the world mount CCTV everywhere so whats the big deal here, BAZE University even uses fingerprint scanner and time stamp for attendance in all classes

mutembe cold room na for unilag

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by Enemyofpeace: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2019
Tonyspecial:
yes
yinmu
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by emmasege: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2019
khallebb:
Glorified Secondary School
Glorified, you call the university?

As it stands today, that's Nigeria's best university and one of the best in Africa. Don't argue with me, argue with google please. Mind you, the rating was not done locally but by a reputable global organisation.

NB: I am not defending Covenant University because I am an alumnus or because I attended a private university. I argue with facts, moreover I graduated almost two decades ago. Comparing the past with the present status of Nigeria's public universities, I would say the future of university education in Nigeria is with the like of Covenant University, for as long as we continue to recycle cluelessness in governments.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by gabicon: 9:07am On Nov 07, 2019
voltron14:

I did as well but CCTVs were only in the hallways and car parks and the likes.

I said some of my lecture halls, initially I was worried that we were being spied on then later I got used to it. If they are working or not I can't tell, but I could see them, especially in the big lecture theatre. I gather that they use it to monitor attendance and access teaching.
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by greatseed: 9:08am On Nov 07, 2019
I don't see any issue in this. Let us fit in to any standard once it is legal.
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by LordReed(m): 9:10am On Nov 07, 2019
Isn't it amazing that Christians do not use the holy spirit or angels as security measures but instead get armed guards and tech gadgets. LMFAO!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by eaglebeliever(m): 9:12am On Nov 07, 2019
You are grossly misled by you last statement. What you do not know is more than what you know. Now, CU does not even allow people who did not choose it as their first choice write her entrance exams. I lectured in CU for 4 years and I was born and bred within the campus of a 1st generation Federal University. My father was a Professor and I know the children of may professors who sent their children miles away to CU, despite having excellent JAMB scores. Did you just hear of what happened in Kogi State University, 13 students killed by cultists? The students I mentored just graduated and are all on LinkedIn showcasing their strengths and many have began to access opportunities in entrepreneurship and industry while their colleagues are thinking of NYSC without any skills to build their lives on. When the VC's and lecturers of other universities come for conference, they do not want to go back home again due to the quality of the amenities in CU. I however agree with you on the issue of relaxing some rules and regulations.

Threebear:

Pass your jamb and post UME so you won't be monitored like a criminal in a federal prison grin

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by SonOfUbunja: 9:40am On Nov 07, 2019
khallebb:

Yet, it has produced more refined graduates than 90% of so called public universities in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by Awoo88: 9:45am On Nov 07, 2019
zicoraads:
This is wrong. There should be cameras in hallways and general school areas, not inside the classrooms.
Class room is not a private setting nor space. The school is very much in order.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by Thunderblasts(m): 9:47am On Nov 07, 2019
Threebear:

Idiot most people go there because of how rare it is to get admitted into medicine. Not because of your useless idea
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by manikspears: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2019
Threebear:

For sure!! Na Vikings go dey shadow your movements
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by subcbouy: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2019
khallebb:
I used to think this way until I realized glorified secondary emerges first institution in Educational sector, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 07, 2019
solmusdesigns:
cool

People from one cheap polythecnic where cultism and oloshoism is a 3unit course would always call a private school a glorified secondary school, even students from "COLD ROOM" University of Nigeria would also complain

Real Universities all over the world mount CCTV everywhere so whats the big deal here, BAZE University even uses fingerprint scanner and time stamp for attendance in all classes

Bro, you see these people saying GLORIFIED upandan, they are as backward as their institutions. These private university are trail blazers.

I wish I had schooled here. It would have been what a school should be. not lecturers forming gods

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by mrwonlasewonie: 10:12am On Nov 07, 2019
Deliquent,spoilt and entitled children...tuehhh
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by ffo(m): 10:48am On Nov 07, 2019
Threebear:

Do you know that some companies have CCTV installed in offices and halls.
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by vezycash(m): 10:54am On Nov 07, 2019
khallebb:

I hate the school. Hated enough to intentionally screw up my grades to force a drop out. Yet, this is GREAT news. Especially if it's not for fancy... i.e. people are actually watching.
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by generationz(f): 11:04am On Nov 07, 2019
zicoraads:

Cameras should not be in classrooms. It has so many disadvantages and affects learning negatively. World over, it has not been accepted yet.

But it can be in BBnaija house, yet they still knack.

With time those kids will forget they are being watched.

Na who wan fail go fail.
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by shawnfamous(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2019
Goldencheese:
Good move to checkmate the use of "Shukwuli" and "Friendly reminders". grin grin cheesy
u must be from Ambrose Alli university

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by iamforeveryoung: 11:15am On Nov 07, 2019
This means no spying, no Bleep up, no misbehaving for both students and lecturers ooooo. who do any how go see any how. This is improved standard of learning. i appreciate this wonderful advancement

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by 2Lynx(m): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2019
glorified secondary school indeed. most people wey dey talk like this no get money to go the school, a school that has made this nation proud by at least putting it on the map, of the international educational sector, what very few Nigeria school struggle to achieve.
if it like this in most schools this sex for grade and other vices go reduce drastically.
the class room has attained a little level of international standard sef

Nigerians let learn appreciate good things when we see one and more good things will flow to us.
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by 2Lynx(m): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2019
LordReed:
Isn't it amazing that Christians do not use the holy spirit or angels as security measures but instead get armed guards and tech gadgets. LMFAO!

so if the angels catches any one flaunting the rules they should report to the authorities abi or they should punish the students, no be die be DAT
that means Christian are not suppose to use their brain but recruit angels and just relax abi

In Christiandom we have access to all things but we should also be expedient
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by LordReed(m): 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
2Lynx:

so if the angels catches any one flaunting the rules they should report to the authorities abi or they should punish the students, no be die be DAT
that means Christian are not suppose to use their brain but recruit angels and just relax abi

In Christiandom we have access to all things but we should also be expedient

They should do the same thing they would do if it was a camera that caught the student.
Re: Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) by 2Lynx(m): 12:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
LordReed:

They should do the same thing they would do if it was a camera that caught the student.

lol this man ehnn you don't understand those guys ooo
no talk am again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Three ABSU Medical Students Die In A Ghastly Motor Accident / Anyi Obi, One Of The Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (pic) / 10 Facts About Elephants You Never Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.