Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice (40237 Views)

Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. / My Uncle Wife Is Insensitive / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Elliot2(m): 11:13am On Nov 07, 2019
ehix89:
Bros you too sabi book, i have always been of same opinion with you, when i air my view, my friends always think i am dumb but i know i think smarter than them, building a house is very very good but building it with little or no stress (it doesn't have to completely affect your life balance i.e the quality of school your children goes to, the quality of food you eat and your quality of life in general) is best. My opinion is for the OP and the husband to sell the house if that is the investment she is talking about and set up a business or two that will yield steady cash inflow.
invest in a biz that may pack up? bro, life deep. If he sure for u,thank God.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by coldFLARES1(m): 11:14am On Nov 07, 2019
SirVintageCock:
2k can clear the bush pending when you fix your net. Or you can get the net and pressure him to put it up. No matter how crude it is, it will still serve.

Stop having kids until things turn around.

The man or the wife can clear the bush. While the nets doesn't cost more than #450. As for the man and hustle, unfortunately, you can't learn the use of the left arm when old.

Op should pray he gets his break vide the political appointment he fantasises about. After all, we can now see how people view positions of public trust and can now understand why Nigeria doesn't make progress.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Bbbwings: 11:15am On Nov 07, 2019
sexysage:
Ma'am you've gotta carry your cross. This is what my mom faced for twenty years before my dad died 2013. This man's case isn't ordinary aside from the fact that he himself is foolish .I can bet he won't change cos people like this are usually reprobate minded. Leave him to himself ma'am and face your children squarely. Do not open leg for him anyhow cos you're the bread winner else you poo where you eat.
My mom did this and today she has two potential medics and a diplomat in school. In all I can boldly say God has been faithful to her cos she was faithful to the man when he was alive.
Keep pushing ma'am, your children are the benefit and investment that will profit you from the marriage.
shocked
Na wa o
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Elliot2(m): 11:16am On Nov 07, 2019
midnighter:

Politics is like music or acting, in fact all of them are forms of entertainment

For every person that "made it" there are a million failures still waiting for their "big break", and their families suffering needlessly behind them

That guy is not being realistic. In fact he is being vain and selfish by allowing his wife to shoulder the whole burden while he wastes time
Life itself na entertainment. it may sure for u,but not the other. Na God.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by studentofTruth: 11:18am On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:
So as inflation is rising, you will bury your money in the ground and sleep on like the unprofitable servant in the New Testament?

I posted that when I was eating and couldn't type much. I have updated the post, please go and read it again. In fact, see it here:

The purchasing power of the money drops by the day — @12% inflation rate, the 3m will be worth less than 200k in 30 years.

The 100k rent may be going at more than 1.5m in that 30 years

A a good landed ppty at 3m may be worth over 30m in that 30years

While it doesn't make sense for someone without a stable income to engage in a property project, don't make it sound like it's better to be paying 5m per annum in a rented apartment in Lekki (just to answer a Lekki resident) than to own a good house on the mainland.

You haven't even talked about businesses that fail. Most new businesses fail, so rushing to set up a business just because there's fund may be a disaster, if the person doesn't know everything about the business.

As regards Tbills, the rate is always a little below inflation rate, so it's still losing money in the long run. TB is a good way to temporarily reduce the effects of inflation on your bulk money before you find the right channel to invest it, and believe me, in a developing country like Nigeria where the cities are still developing, a good landed ppty outperforms most businesses.

No doubt, for someone who has a good scalable business with a great profit margin, investing in the business will pay more, but it's not everyone that has such opportunities.

Now, if I may ask, which profitable business (with low risk) do you think someone a can set up with 1m?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by tonididdy(m): 11:20am On Nov 07, 2019
dazzlingd:

Your myopic views make u think this way, if every one owns a house, by now, your world would have been destroyed.'

For every new land developed, think of the impact on the ecosystem, from the little insects to the grasses and forests you wipe out, to the rocks you break and materials you gather to construct your buildings lead to deaths, loss of habitats and extinctions of plants and animals.

Then think of the congestion and pressure you will add to drainage, waste, pollution.... The flooding, earth quakes, landslide etc u are experiencing are signs
U people should continue exploding in population and expanding, sooner or later, the earth will fight back in form of natural disasters and eventually an apocalypse that will restart your civilisation all over again

So apparently the animals and insects deserve to live a better life than humans.

Well done sir.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by tonididdy(m): 11:23am On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

Owing a house is not vanity but it shouldn't be placed above owing a viable income source or liquid investment. By liquid, I mean, investments you can easily turn to cash/withdraw. A personal home is not an investment. It appears like a money-saving strategy, but it barely saves anything.

A home saves you years of house rent not excluding the freeness.

What's the reason to invest, in order to gain more money right?

More money to do what exactly?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Elliot2(m): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2019
kevoh:

You are mixing every thing up and do not see where I am going with this. Like I said what works for person A might not work for person B. You are still making the mistake of one size fits all.

Building on the outskirts and renting it out as long as you have the financial capability is fine by me. This means your only worry will just be when will your tenants pay to recoup your investment and also means that your financial power is not low.

But struggling to put up a house on a low income, for example, only to move your family to some far away community with no good roads, no good schools, no light, burglary attacks e.t.c just so that you can avoid rents of 50k or 100k and still struggle to feed your family makes no sense.

lol. I have seen people several times packing sands from the road sides after rain fall. They build their houses from those residues. Those ones cannot save money up to 100k for house rents. Every little 2k n 5k they get,they put to the project. It is not foolishness.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

It is NOT going to pay off on the short or long run. Not having a job and not being able to pay rent is more than enough reason to avoid spending all resources on a building project. Many of our aged parents made this mistake. A lot of them died poor with nothing. Only the children benefited at the end of the day by selling off the property.

Landlord harassment is not enough to provoke one into building a personal apartment. That anger should make you work harder to pay your rent, not spend what you don't have raising a shanty house.

The desire to raise one's income should supercede the desire to "lower" expenditure/expenses.

How can you even lower expenses by spending so much on a personal house?

Do a quick calculation;

Annual rent = N100k

Personal apartment/land = N2-3m (in a small town)

What's the sense in the above? 3m is rent for 30 years (assumed 0 inflation). Add 30 to your current age and tell me what you have.

That 3m in mutual funds, or a risk-free investment like TBills will yield at least 350k annually with 0 work. From that, you pay your rent easily, and increase your networth in a sporadic manner over a very short timeframe.

Great!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Efewestern: 11:26am On Nov 07, 2019
Sanchez01:

So many of your angles are wrong!

Rent accounts for over 50% of the problems in marriage. In a country where the average Joe barely earns 100k monthly, breaking the barrier of rent is like winning a jackpot. And if you think becoming a broke landlord is insane, wait till you get overwhelmed by financial demands in another man's house while your rent due date edge closer.

Most people think venturing into a business automatically translates to steady inflow. What you don't realize is that mishaps are very common with personal businesses and just one would have been a problem in another man's house as you'd need to secure loans or borrow to temporarily stay afloat. Typical business folks who mostly survive this ugly phase often go as far as selling other stuff they own to stay alive in business. It is not the same with people who don't have other money raising properties to fall back to when things get ugly.

My family stopped paying rent in Lagos since 1999 and growing up, there were moments when money would be scarce but the single thought of not worrying about paying rent eased so many things.

Plus while you brazenly suggest they sell off the property, you failed to ask what state it is situated, which should have been your major concern before going further to talk about whether or not the move was wise.

I think we all should learn to put 'just my opinion' after suggesting some things in this section so that we don't end up destroying lives in the name of counseling. Opinions are opinions and some, if not most are somewhat dangerous.

As unwise as you think the move is, I'd advise you invest your last penny in a landed property and conveniently add swag to soaking your Cassava flakes in your own property, after developing it to a reasonable extent.

Oniovo I wanted to counter him, but I saw your comment, couldn't have said it better. Dude is delusional, to think he got that many likes shows people never learn.

He keeps talking of business as if their is 100% guarantee that the business won't collapse, to even think he advised them to sell their project says a lot about him.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by pocohantas(f): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2019
lereinter:

Broke family and still doing project

Is that a problem? cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Emyogalanya: 11:27am On Nov 07, 2019
SirVintageCock:
2k can clear the bush pending when you fix your net. Or you can get the net and pressure him to put it up. No matter how crude it is, it will still serve.

Stop having kids until things turn around.

same 2k can fix the window. The bush can be cleared at no cost by the man except if its another man's land
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by kevoh(m): 11:28am On Nov 07, 2019
tonididdy:

So apparently the animals and insects deserve to live a better life than humans.

Well done sir.

grin Lol...don't see it from that angle. See it this way, their presence leads to a balanced ecosystem which in turn leads to a better quality of life for humans.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 07, 2019
bukatyne:

Welcome to the Nigerian Christian praying to the Nigerian god.

The post was shocking.
I have always said it, we Nigerian women enable our men and also push them to do some funny and unthinkable things so that we will belong.
And when they start treating us cruelly, we will start crying and screaming.
Just look at these two ladies.
One married a career politician with no work and another is telling her to continue praying for miracle to happen.
What miracle?
Politicians that have made us the poverty capital.of the world?
That kill with impunity?
That divert money meant for development for personal use?
I give up.

I have studied the Nigerian adult world a lot
Our men are pressurised so much by society to live up to a certain standard. Once u don't meet such, your mum, sisters ,relatives, girlfriends and wives will come for your neck. How u meet up to those standards is none of their business.
They want to shine. It's a huge burden. Now if they make that money, they will start treating you like trash as the know u value money more than them.
Sometimes I don't blame those that castigate women a lot. They had their experiences with our women.
I just hope we will do away with that killer mindset.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by obowunmi(m): 11:30am On Nov 07, 2019
Uchechi20:
I just created a new account for this post, please i need mature advice. My husband has been so broke for years now, he never ever gets money if we have any emergency for my kids sickness, school fees, etc. He likes hallucinating about how he will be rich by getting one juicy political appointment cause he is into politics. Sometimes he hustles to just get food and it ends there(this does not come often), no basic needs like school fees etc. Before you judge me as not being supportive, i am not employed at the moment but i struggle and hustle the little way i can to assist in the house upkeep. I paid school fees, i even gave him a large some to add to our ongoing project but the money unfortunately didn't complete it.

Now our room window net spoit and there is a big bush just around the window. He is not doing anything about fixing the window net as usual, i didn't nag him. I just closed the windows permanently, but i noticed this morning that he opened the windows through out last night, same as the night before. My two children sleep on the same bed. He had to put us at risk like that just for ventilation sake without considering what could creep into our room.

Please i need serious advice on how to handle this, he collected all my savings to add to the project.
NOTE: He leaves the house everyday to come back very late, cause he still serves this political big guys yet there is nothing to show for it.

Dump him.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by tonididdy(m): 11:32am On Nov 07, 2019
kevoh:

grin Lol...don't see it from that angle. See it this way, their presence leads to a balanced ecosystem which in turn leads to a better quality of life for humans.

Brother even in the next 100yrs Nigeria cannot completely occupy its greenery.

Get a house bro... Na money nor dey make some people dey say beer is bitter.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Elliot2(m): 11:32am On Nov 07, 2019
showafrica:

I tell you, tie money down in one useless structure. When a good business can just return that money 100% in few days
Those good biz r piling up every day too.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by dahme147(m): 11:34am On Nov 07, 2019
opeano:
I feel your plight. You have been a good woman all along and it's evident that you are patient with him...

From the look of things, your patience is still needed. Looks like he is not comfortable with Heat and you are also not comfortable with Cold. If you actually point it out subtly to him how dangerous it is opening up that window while it's having a Bad Net. I believe he wil reason with you.

When a Man is Broke, he is always ready to fight. Don't bruise his ego for no reason and please Pray together. If you both don't do that. You may struggle for longer
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 07, 2019
Uchechi20:
I just created a new account for this post, please i need mature advice. My husband has been so broke for years now, he never ever gets money if we have any emergency for my kids sickness, school fees, etc. He likes hallucinating about how he will be rich by getting one juicy political appointment cause he is into politics. Sometimes he hustles to just get food and it ends there(this does not come often), no basic needs like school fees etc. Before you judge me as not being supportive, i am not employed at the moment but i struggle and hustle the little way i can to assist in the house upkeep. I paid school fees, i even gave him a large some to add to our ongoing project but the money unfortunately didn't complete it.

What made you think you have the right to bring children into this world when the two of you are jobless and broke?
What kind of hustle exactly does your husband do?
What kind of hustle do you do that gives you money to help with the upkeep of the house?

Uchechi20:

Please i need serious advice on how to handle this, he collected all my savings to add to the project.
NOTE: He leaves the house everyday to come back very late, cause he still serves this political big guys yet there is nothing to show for it.

Madam, you don't need advice, you need spanking. Nigeria is blessed with one of the most fertile land you can find anywhere. You and your husband should quite your bad lifestyle, look for land and farm. I am sure several people are willing to rent out farming land to you for as little as N10,000 per year, and part of your farm produce given to them. Just a very tiny part.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Sterope(f): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2019
With this mindset, you should be comfortable spending all your money on lottery hoping one day you will be set for life.

Elliot2:
U don't know this life. Someone I know too well was in Op husband's shoe. As far back as 2008 he had been serving politicians but got nothing. I saw how the wife nagged the man to death considering that she was the one footing the bills in the house. Just recently he got an appointment in Bayelsa State. Nigga has more money than all his mates now. Now the wife is humbled. If I were him I would get a second wife.
P.s. The wife is my blood relation.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 07, 2019
Mursz:
She just had to let us know he is broke! Loving, caring, supportive, all that one no dey o. “ My broke husband” was the title she could come up with.

Men work hard, if the money never show stay away from these women so we no go dey labelled broke.

Can you imagine? My broke husband...
Some of our ladies are just bunch of gold-diggers... If we hear from the man side of story , we might even discovered that it's a different story entirely... Why are ladies like this? I'm sure she married him went and because things were Rosy... The moment the guy is having financial challenges , she came to nairaland and started typing ; my broke husband ... Knowing fully well that ladies of like-minded will support her.

Some imp called wife should be discarded asapy

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by midnighter(f): 11:38am On Nov 07, 2019
Elliot2:
Life itself na entertainment. it may sure for u,but not the other. Na God.

So is that a convincing enough philosophy to make your family suffer?? That kind of reasoning is not for serious decisions.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Elliot2(m): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2019
Sterope:
With this mindset, you should be comfortable spending all your money on lottery hoping one day you will be set for life.

I will remind you of this statement.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by DeKen: 11:39am On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

It is NOT going to pay off on the short or long run. Not having a job and not being able to pay rent is more than enough reason to avoid spending all resources on a building project. Many of our aged parents made this mistake. A lot of them died poor with nothing. Only the children benefited at the end of the day by selling off the property.

Landlord harassment is not enough to provoke one into building a personal apartment. That anger should make you work harder to pay your rent, not spend what you don't have raising a shanty house.

The desire to raise one's income should supercede the desire to "lower" expenditure/expenses.

How can you even lower expenses by spending so much on a personal house?

Do a quick calculation;

Annual rent = N100k

Personal apartment/land = N2-3m (in a small town)

What's the sense in the above? 3m is rent for 30 years (assumed 0 inflation). Add 30 to your current age and tell me what you have.

That 3m in mutual funds, or a risk-free investment like TBills will yield at least 350k annually with 0 work. From that, you pay your rent easily, and increase your networth in a sporadic manner over a very short timeframe.

The difference between the poor and the rich is mindset. When the poor get their first big money, they think of purchasing a liability while the rich thinks first of an investment. The accumulation of these makes the difference in the long run. Give a poor person 10m right now and he'll may still be poor in a few years time.

A person who have enough resources to start a building project and has the right thinking to use the resources properly shouldn't have problems paying rent. He'd rather invest that money so that when he's ready he can complete his building in 6 months or at most a year. These guys' investment in a property right now when their condition is like this will likely have problems paying rent because of their choice of what to do with their money. And they'll perpetually be at loggerheads with their landlord for the next 2 or even 5 years before they can struggle to complete their building.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Aparche(f): 11:39am On Nov 07, 2019
And we are wondering why our politicians are corrupt...a man that has no job, no business, can hardly take care of his home has made politics his hope & is busy day dreaming on becoming rich one day through politics. If this one eventually gets an appointment; all the monies that mistakenly come to his table are in trouble. shocked

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by gbogboija: 11:44am On Nov 07, 2019
I know coping with this kind of life is not easy, but I think you can get the net done with just N1,000. Two yards of net should be enough for a window (6 by 8 feet),
and it will only cost N400 if you buy it by yourself and get someone to fix it for five hundred naira if you can't fix it by yourself. May God take control.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Beverlyjean(f): 11:44am On Nov 07, 2019
Calling him broke alone shows u also hv a problem
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 07, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
you too noticed abi?..we all should stop fooling ourselves, no money,no happy marriage..love died a long time ago!!
You're right... If you see a lady showing love to guy , be rest assured that the guy is loaded financially.... I am sure this woman will soon be cheating on her husband and she will be telling him to face that he's not financially capable...

Women are woe upon man... No woman , no cry
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by kevoh(m): 11:48am On Nov 07, 2019
Elliot2:
lol. I have seen people several times packing sands from the road sides after rain fall. They build their houses from those residues. Those ones cannot save money up to 100k for house rents. Every little 2k n 5k they get,they put to the project. It is not foolishness.
Your matter don tire me I swear. grin Let me make it simple with a Yes or No, since you don't understand what I mean by what works for person A can/might not work for person B that I have been saying since.

Should everyone finally build his/her own house? YES.
Is it a good decision? Probably Yes. grin

Is it a wise decision to do this when there's no other meaningful income to sustain the family? NO angry

The family in this thread can't even buy needle and thread of N30 to patch a torn window net, let alone feed well and take care of family medical emergencies and yet they have housing project.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by nicedayontop: 11:49am On Nov 07, 2019
The best advice I have seen so far.
seyijosh:
My advise to this family not to sale the house but should both get job that can meet with their needs and from the extra put aside should continue with the project. the project is an investment for old age when they can no longer work. and by then it will worth the hustles.
Re: My Husband Is Being Insensitive, I Need An Advice by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 07, 2019
pocohantas:

Oh pls, enough of this I know someone. We all someone, we all know life.

Lots of you guys on NL love to whip up senseless logic to support your own. Are men the only ones with grass to grace stories? Should that stop a sensible man from providing for his own as e dey hot?

Spare me the bullshit and deflections. He should work and take care of his family FOR NOW!!

Grass to grave. That autocorrect tho cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me / Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? / How Did Your Marriage End? Any Regrets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.