Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:00 PM

Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? (23721 Views)

Daughter Fights Mum For Bringing Too Many Men To Their Home (pics/video) / My Girlfriend's Mom Said Some Pastors Said Our Marriage Won't Work. Please Help / Seeking Unemployed Men With Cute GF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by ngwababe(f): 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
sassysure:

The guy is living in wonderland cheesy cheesy cheesy
Maybe he will continue living in one room, using table fridge, camp gas, etc since its cheaper that way.
Their children should go to the type of government school we see in katsina or zamfara states and if they are sick, prayer house straight grin

I dey tells you. angry
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by kollinz1234(m): 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
Is constant fornication better than getting married without have financial strength
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by jimmyLd101: 5:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
Micholawoye:
Good morning Nairaland family. I have noticed that some pastors will tell unemployed single men to marry and that when they get married and start having kids, that things will begin to get easier for them in life.

Sometimes they say things Luke when you get married, the star of the woman and yours work together to make things easier and give you better things in life.

I used to laugh at this until about a month ago and a pastor I know told me the same thing.
Please how true is this? I need advice from people with such experiences. Pardon my English please.

Thank you and God bless.
Ori Wan loburu

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by mindful01: 5:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
because?
because of what I said earlier
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Omoejigbahe(m): 5:27pm On Nov 07, 2019
Worst advice ever, even the Bible says build your business before you build your house.(Proverbs 24:27) Marry when both of you are financially stable. Shalom.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by spencekat(m): 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
Omoejigbahe:
Worst advice ever, even the Bible says build your business before you build your house.(Proverbs 24:27) Marry when[b][/b] both of you[b][/b] are financially stable. Shalom.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Edyice: 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
That's a lie. How many rich men married rich?

My brown sugar bae is quoting me grin

How far na wink

Anyways to answer your question , men get married when they have investment on ground or monthly paying job , if not Na suffer oooh ..

And we all know what women can do if or when money isn't coming in...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by webngnews: 5:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Oluwaseun0704(m): 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
People are making a lot of sense on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by mindful01: 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2019
Starz825:

So why is blessings not flowing in the lives of those who are married and still suffering

If they marry legally
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Razram: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
emmaodet:

What if the woman is jobless?
He was trying to marry at the prime time and marry the right one not just marry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by nauto5: 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
Proverbs 18:22
He who finds a wife finds a good thing, And obtains favor from the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Divay22(f): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
okokkk:
cry

The unemployed ones are very fertile because the only thing they do is eat, drink, and sleep. They are the ones most deserving of the companionship of a woman.

In fact, in my three decades on earth, I have never seen an infertile jobless man.
Hahahahahha lol cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Naanlong01: 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2019
I don't believe this. Don't go and be like one guy in my compound o. He is only a phone charger and married (no wedding o) e just impregnated the poor girl and now they have a daughter that is of school age but not yet in school, the only food i see them cook every night when they return from the charging center is indomie, imagine indomie without egg for the 3of them every night.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:
If you're single, you feed yourself and have a roof over your head, then you can marry. There are no special bills or taxes for married people. Your stomach and portion of food do not get bigger with marriage. Your electricity or water bill do not increase because you're married. Same electricity, same cable TV, same quantity of water, same rent, etc.

In fact, it is easier for two WORKING and sensible people because they're able to put resources together to achieve a better result. E.g. If you've being paying rent alone, you can share bills (not necessarily in equal proportions).

The only thing that makes a difference is pregnancy & child upkeep, and to the best of my knowledge, this is optional. After all, single men and women have more sex than married people, without fear of pregnancy.

To blame finance for being single is lack of SENSE and understanding. It is perpetual failure of the brain to think MARRIAGE between two people will drain finance faster than the single folks. It is like living alone to bear all cost Vs. living and sharing bills with a room mate.

Think.

Nice one.
I like the last word.

THINK.

How many Nigerians can think?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by midnighter(f): 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2019

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by loswhite(m): 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
Micholawoye:
Good morning Nairaland family. I have noticed that some pastors will tell unemployed single men to marry and that when they get married and start having kids, that things will begin to get easier for them in life.

Sometimes they say things Luke when you get married, the star of the woman and yours work together to make things easier and give you better things in life.

I used to laugh at this until about a month ago and a pastor I know told me the same thing.
Please how true is this? I need advice from people with such experiences. Pardon my English please.

Thank you and God bless.
So If you get married because you are employed, what will you do if you loose the job after getting married? Maybe you will divorce the next morning telling the lady to be on standby pending when you get another job...lol

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by akpunda86: 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
Micholawoye:

Thank you and God bless.

Yes ohhh.I was jobless and wife too but our sex was bam bam.morning till note.pregnancy come we were adviced to marry.
Where I go get money.well we did how the wedding happened I don't know.how my wedding suit came o don't know all I know we printed photocopied cards for Iv.
Baby came.wow was breast feeding but guys for me and my wife no easy.

Lucliky for me and my family an application I did years ago and forgotten I was called and given a house in lekki.from one room to a duplex with a hilux van.
Well from that company to anoda till I became an entrepreneur.

Guys marriage open doors depends on kpeleke u dey marry.for me my wife knocked on the door and my little queen angel opened the day and I say Lord thank u for giving me a golden family.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Beatswim: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
Been married for 5years with 3kids now.. And my prophet told me same thing 6 years ago.. I took the same bold step.. It was very tough decision for cos i depended on my wife for everything for 5 years . Shes a medical personnel but very humble and tolerant to a fault ..until this year God opened a very big way for me.. If i had waited till now.. Just tell me where will i find that type of highly tolerant, disciplined andGod fearing lady now? Be wise

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Samuels90: 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
okokkk:
cry

The unemployed ones are very fertile because the only thing they do is eat, drink, and sleep. They are the ones most deserving of the companionship of a woman.

In fact, in my three decades on earth, I have never seen an infertile jobless man.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by sholay2011(m): 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:
If you're single, you feed yourself and have a roof over your head, then you can marry. There are no special bills or taxes for married people. Your stomach and portion of food do not get bigger with marriage. Your electricity or water bill do not increase because you're married. Same electricity, same cable TV, same quantity of water, same rent, etc.

In fact, it is easier for two WORKING and sensible people because they're able to put resources together to achieve a better result. E.g. If you've being paying rent alone, you can share bills (not necessarily in equal proportions).

The only thing that makes a difference is pregnancy & child upkeep, and to the best of my knowledge, this is optional. After all, single men and women have more sex than married people, without fear of pregnancy.

To blame finance for being single is lack of SENSE and understanding. It is perpetual failure of the brain to think MARRIAGE between two people will drain finance faster than the single folks. It is like living alone to bear all cost Vs. living and sharing bills with a room mate.

Think.
This is one of those posts one would have 'liked' before realizing, on a closer look, it is not saying much.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by ChiefSweetus: 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
So why are all those Northern families with their one million almajiri children still poorer than church rats undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by midnighter(f): 5:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Funkybabee(f): 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
Which pastor or your cultue say so

some people talk as if the don't have sens@
Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Gracemadeit(m): 5:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
Marriage is for matured minds. But a man must at least have something doing before marriage. If a man is advised to marry without a job, where will he stay with his wife and how will he pay the bride price of his wife. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by jodoh: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
Take life at ur own pace. It is not those who are first to submit their script during exam that score the "A" grade. Don't rush to submit ur script in any area of life becos others are submitting theirs.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by loswhite(m): 5:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
Micholawoye:

Really? I know many married people who are struggling.
do you also know single ppl that are struggling?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Godsonkemz(m): 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
They (pastors) work by faith and when you connect with their faith and be positive, blessings will come. You must not be employed by an organization before you marry as a man but you have to be doing something (self employed) that can generate resources to sustain two people.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by DeKen: 6:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

Think.

This sounds like a woman's fantasy. In the African reality that we live in there are tones of expectations that come to men when they get married and this puts married men on pressure. And if you are a christian, the bible considers you worse than an infidel if you can not take care of your family. Some of these expectations are;
1. Taking care of your wife and children (these are basic)
2. Supporting your extended family (including those from your wife's side) - While this is not compulsory, the requests that will come can embarrass you and put you on pressure.
3. You are now standing on your feet and most of those who previously pitied you and would assist from time to time now find excuse.

I won't encourage anyone who does not have a means of livelihood to get married. The expectation that things will sort out themselves when you get married is a flawed one. You should focus of establishing yourself first before taking further responsibilities unless you plan to be an irresponsible husband and father.

After they've pressured you into marriage, the'll soon pressure you into having children but most of these people will not be there for you when the responsibilities come calling.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Lumig: 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

Think.
What kind of person /advice is this for God's sake. Na this kind of person dey push people into avoidable hardship and heartbreak.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by Revolva(m): 6:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
Acidosis:

Think.

True but for this naija how many girls are capable of sharing bills with you

Think am na

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Pastors Advise Unemployed Men To Marry? by momove4real25(f): 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
marry when you are financially capable of taking care of both you and your wife,the things I have seen ...eeeeeh
....house wives begging for money from ex and male friends.. begging upkeep from parents...no one gets award from marrying early or late....be wise!!. when you start soaking garri will pastor help?
wisdom will not leave you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Witnessing A Loved One Die In Your Presence / The Best State To Raise Ones Kids / My Father Is Destroying My Brother And My Family!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.