Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,528 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible (16827 Views)

President Buhari's Visit To Lagos: The Roads Are Free!(Pix) / Buhari: Nigerians Will Mind Their Businesses If Infrastructure, Roads Are Fixed / “Dear VP Osinbajo, The Parked Trucks You Ordered Off The Roads Are Still There” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by luckycliff: 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
Audio minister
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by dammydoo(m): 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
He must have been high on something when he made that statement
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by Kelvin1971(m): 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
Fashola you are a big fool God will punish you for this statement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by emmasege: 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
whatisthetruth:
See proper roads in the pics below.

Notice how they all have LANE MARKINGS plus no potholes. Just video game type roads.

I wonder why roads like these are hard to build in Nigeria?

Why? Why? Why?
My dear, after visiting countries like the picture shown, where things work, I'm tempted to conclude that Black Africans are a different species from the common Homo sapiens. At best, maybe we are a sub-species of the Homo sapiens.

Summarily, I don't blame the whites that think we are less of a human being than them. Apparently, there's something in us that differentiates us from each other.
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by ajebuter(f): 3:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hunku Fashola

Your head is not correct oh!
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by Meti99(m): 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
I guess we should create a thread where everyone should be asked to submit the pictures of the state of roads in their communities..

Nairaland should be a voice of the masses.
But I'm afraid, even Seun is afraid of the government..
He won't allow it
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by udemzyudex(m): 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2019
This Man is high on cheap weed.

It seems all this People , fashola, Tinubu etc are saying all this rubbish on purpose in other not kill their 2023 presidency hope.

Check this iyana iba road if it not bad,those coming from Alaba international, barracks down to first gate will testify.

Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
whatisthetruth:

You mean like China’s impressive roads? Bridges that cross mountains?

I hope you were not trying to say other developed countries have worse roads than us.
loud the volume abeg grin
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
This is the road that passes the front of Bida poly.
The contract has been awarded since 2007 or so while the work has been moving at snail speed. Now this ones are reawarding the contract for 58bn for a road of less than 50km overall. This politicians will not die well.
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2019
EliteStriker:

my guy you are not making sense, just listen to yourself. smh
Leave him be. He's a zombie. That's what they do. Blame citizens for government failures.
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by dayoyak: 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
Olosi
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by mechanics(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
That Ogbomosho Ibadan road na death trap o, they should also do something about the road, it needs to be redesigned into four lanes.
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by justtoodark: 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
whatisthetruth:

You mean like China’s impressive roads? Bridges that cross mountains?

I hope you were not trying to say other developed countries have worse roads than us.

i dont mean that,go india,nepal and others....
ofcourse they have good roads,but they have bad roads too....

and dont forget we stress our streets alot too....

we nigerians are street hugers....
in europe,you dont see people hugin streets so much like nigerians....
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by LadySarah: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
Aba ph road is a nightmare.Jesus hrlp us
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by Legendguru: 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by Lush100(m): 6:07pm On Nov 07, 2019
Dear respected Minister, Sir you have the floor.

how bad do you want the road to be.

Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by olaeffect(m): 7:05pm On Nov 07, 2019
He will still deny he ever said such.
Serious government providing stable electricity in 6 months was technically denied, so don't get worked up.
Minister of Agriculture said their was no hunger in the land, now this.
All I have for this current government is prayers. My prayer point is between me and God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by GOOOGLE504(m): 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
johnlvis:
Do u even travel by road mr minister? This is the kind of leaders we have in this country, they rarely feel the pulse of the people. Mr minister let tell u if u care to listen ,Nigeria roads are death trap.Nigerians are dying on daily bases,and u are here telling us shit .

naso one okada man pick race enter one wide pit ystrdy, we just hear gbagaaa. God punish d pesin wey say d road never bad reach o
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by GOOOGLE504(m): 7:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
udemzyudex:
This Man is high on cheap weed.

It seems all this People , fashola, Tinubu etc are saying all this rubbish on purpose in other not kill their 2023 presidency hope.

Check this iyana iba road if it not bad,those coming from Alaba international, barracks down to first gate will testify.
in fact d entire Ojo LG road na nothing to write om abt

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by ForbesHomesNG(m): 7:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
Is this our minister of Works and Housing saying this?
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by Staro: 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2019
Mad men in govt
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by ekhai(m): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
SHIFT FOR ME MAKE I FELT.
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by tete7000(m): 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
Until he or one of his family members get crippled on one of the bad roads...
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:20pm On Nov 07, 2019
Very useless minister
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by augustine: 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
The deception is becoming clearer by the day. 'Square peg in round hole' minister. His nature is the reason why he was comfortable legalizing and directing that, electricity consumers should purchase for electricity companies, the meters electricity companies will use to measure and dispense power to them. where else in the world does that happen? surely a sophisticated slowpoke. SAN indeed. Spits.
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by DedeNkem: 10:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
I had respect for Fashola but no more!
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by peeps4u: 10:16am On Nov 08, 2019
justtoodark:

you know nothing....their are very difficult roads in this world that will make you shitt your panties if you know,you have to cross them....

Did you see the recent list of nations wit bad roads in Africa? It made FP recently.
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by dnawah(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2019
nwakibie3:
Contrary to general reports making the rounds that Nigerian roads are terrible and not motorable, the Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola has said that Nigerian roads are not as bad as people think.

The Details: Fashola made this statement after the Federal Executive Council meeting where the sum of N58.4 billion was endorsed for the construction of Bida-Sachi-Nupeko road and the Nupeko-Patigi Bridge across River Niger, linking Nupeko and Patigi in Niger and Kwara States.

According to the Minister, “The roads are not as bad as they are often portrayed. I know that this is going to be your headline, but the roads are not that bad.”

He highlighted the paucity of funds and topography as major setbacks that stalled the process of road construction. He said poor topography levels in the South-South which can be likened to water tables were the reason road construction was so difficult in the region.

Opposing Voices: Fashola’s statement did sit well with Ibrahim Usman, Chairman, Infrastructure Development Committee, Manufacturers Association of Nigeria responded that Nigerian roads were deathtraps.

“I think the minister is being economical with the truth. The roads are terrible. Take for instance the Biu to Gombe road that took one-and-a-half hours in the past to ply, now it takes four hours to get from Biu to Gombe. The luck we have is that Boko Haram has not stuck on that road.

“Another terrible road is the Damaturu-Biu road. That also takes four hours when in the past it took less than two hours. That was where military trucks and equipment were seized and taken into the bush by bandits some weeks back. At least if the roads are good, cars can move with speed but when the roads are terrible, movement is difficult and it is easy for robbers to attack.”

Usman even added that he now abandoned his vehicles at home since they were no longer fit for Nigerian roads.

Timothy Olawale, the Director-General, Nigeria Employers’ Consultative Association (NECA) presumed that the Minister was obviously not aware of the roads he was talking about. He singled out the Ibadan-Oyo-Ogbomoso road as one of the numerous examples that demonstrated the deplorable road condition in Nigeria. He also added the road between Asaba and Enugu as another worthy example.

“The huge craters along the Oyo-Ogbomoso road can swallow vehicles. These are roads that were manageable before but they have gone completely bad. People spend hours on that expressway because of tankers that fall into the craters.

“The sad thing is that the government is not doing any kind of palliative work on the roads,” Olawale said.

“To say that the road between Asaba and Enugu is bad is an understatement. I think the minister is not in touch with reality. He needs to speak with his road maintenance engineers and get information about the true situation of Nigerian roads,” he added.

https://nairametrics.com/2019/11/07/nigerian-roads/
make him condition be like Nigeria roads
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by HomeIntegral(m): 11:02am On Nov 08, 2019
Teewhy2:
I think when our politicians get to Abuja, they seems to lose touch with what is going on in the environment and begin to become the enemy of the people.
Is he saying these are the type of roads he drives on when he travels abroad.

Fashola is loosing it. Does he travel on Nigeria roads at all?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by Dmano: 11:12am On Nov 08, 2019
Is there any repercussions for saying this? Of course non. You now understand why he can talk anyhow. But the day of reckoning is coming
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by Ajibade123(m): 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
like this one is not alright...mr minister just pay a visit to my hood by road your body and car structure will never remain the same

anyway see how fleet telematics is so important to your business delivery
https://explicitsuccess.com/fleet-telematics/
Re: Fashola: Nigerian Roads Are Not That Terrible by urahara(m): 9:20am On Dec 27, 2019
whatisthetruth:
See proper roads in the pics below.

Notice how they all have LANE MARKINGS plus no potholes. Just video game type roads.

I wonder why roads like these are hard to build in Nigeria?

Why? Why? Why?

It's not as if the roads are hard to build.Its just that Nigeria is a poor country .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ramadan: I’m Not Behind Distribution Of Rice In North, Says Tinubu / 2023: Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore To Support Southerners Base On Open-Grazing, VAT / List Of People Pardoned By Bill Clinton (Re: GEJ's Pardon Of Alamieyeseigha)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.