Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,239 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? (37662 Views)

A 3 Bedroom Duplex, Visitors Charlet & Boys Quarte For Sale. @ Wuse Zone4, Abuja / Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City / Help! Guys, What is the cost of building 3 Bedroom flat in Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by West2019(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2019
spirul77:
please house, how much will it cost to build a three bedroom flat in a 100x50 expanse of land in Benin city?
5 ,8 ,10 them are sayings here is a Capital Lies u are talking about story building don't do anything like manageable on building if you know u knw
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by tonididdy(m): 7:03am On Nov 10, 2019
7-8/8.5m a standard house that can compete.

Artwork.
Pop in sitting areas, lobby and entrances (excluding the rooms).
Sliding windows not casement windows.
Borehole.

But everything is standard enough
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Fedraino(m): 7:05am On Nov 10, 2019
It will cost you the whopping sum of 4,500000...
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by tonididdy(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2019
Ceoking6:
Shouldn't be more than 5m, aluminum/roofing 2m, brickwork 1m, everything would enter 2m.

Las Las 5m
Never
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by nextstep(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2019
Many things are involved.
First, you don buy land? If not, you will buy that same land twice.
Don't forget LGA chairman and local boys will collect like 230k. If it's like my side, Obi will also collect his own 100k. No how no how 330k will commot like tax.

Then just budget like this in stages:
Fencing+Gate - 1M
Foundation - 1M
Raising to lintel - 1M
Roofing + parapet - 1M
Plastering - 1M
Plumbing and Electric (tank, stand, borehole, soakaway, etc) - 2M
Finishing (POP/screeding/tiling,painting) - 1M
Accessories (lights,switches,taps,drains,toilets,sinks,cabinets,doors,windows) - 2M

People will yab me that this is not realistic, but just know this is approximately what you will need at each stage.
If you spent less on foundation, use that to add to plastering (and so on). If plastering is much cheaper than I wrote (it should be), add it to borehole or something).

At the end of the day this will be more or less what you spend: 10M
If you wait till next April, cement will cost more. If you finish foundation today, but don't get to roofing for 9 months, it will cost more. So just start today, and keep going as money reaches.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by tonididdy(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2019
Fedraino:
It will cost you the whopping sum of 4,500000...
Lie... Give your breakdan
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Payperboii(m): 7:09am On Nov 10, 2019
Analyst01:
The first step is usually to avail yourself a detailed set of drawings(architectural, structural etc) then estimates can be arrived at based on that.

Furthermore, the architectural drawing can also provide information to price the fencing/gate, pavement/landscaping, stand-alone waste treatment facility (Septic-Tank & Soak-away), water tower (optional).

Often, we tend to neglect the above when considering building costs.

If you already have your building plan, I'll provide you with a detailed coat estimate for 10k.

WhatsApp 07033544353
Email frankitangltd@gmail.com
bro are u a QS? 10K TO COST a building.. I won't insult u sha
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by DNSPro: 7:09am On Nov 10, 2019
cenaman:
#50Million only contact me grin grin grin
grin yeah, we will contact you.

You Sabi dem well well for this section.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by tonididdy(m): 7:10am On Nov 10, 2019
nextstep:
First you don buy land? If not, you will buy that same land twice.
Don't forget LGA chairman and boys will collect like 230k. No how no how.
Never not in Benin... Omonile nor dey Benin, you only cook for your host community or give the money equivalent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by tonididdy(m): 7:11am On Nov 10, 2019
nextstep:
First you don buy land? If not, you will buy that same land twice.
Don't forget LGA chairman and boys will collect like 230k. No how no how.

Just budget like this in stages:
Fencing+Gate - 1M
Foundation - 1M
Raising to lintel - 1M
Roofing + parapet - 1M
Plastering - 1M
Plumbing and Electric (tank, stand, borehole, soakaway, etc) - 2M
Finishing (POP/screeding/tiling) - 1M
Accessories (lights,switches,taps,drains,cabinets,doors,windows) - 2M

People will yab me that this is not realistic, but just know this is approximately what you will need at each stage.
If you spent less on foundation, use that to add to plastering (and so on).

At the end of the day this will be more or less what you spend: 10M
If you wait till next April, cement will cost more. If you finish foundation today, but don't get to roofing for 9 months, it will cost more. So just start today, and keep going as money reaches.
1m for plastering is over-exagerated

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Sammiehero: 7:13am On Nov 10, 2019
Consult an Architect to interprete your desired building structure to an Architectural drawing and consult a Quantity Surveyor to assist with the BOQ
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Briller: 7:14am On Nov 10, 2019
Very true. I got an engineer who gave me an estimated #15m to complete it. By and large, my husband and I thought he was just being very unreasonable only for us to give a Qty surveyor to give us an estimate. He came up with #12.8m and we were so elated that at least we go get change on the #15m.

So we mapped out #15m for the project and gave to another Engr to handle. We have exhausted that #15m and the project is still far from being completed. Screeding, Tiling, Electrical and Plumbing Fixtures, Painting, still outstanding and those will take the bulk of the expenses as you have to finish to taste too.

After all said and done, we discovered that the engr we hired for less, lacks experience and was hardly available, so for almost everything done in the site, we had to correct and pay for labor again. Moreover, the site manager and the engineer were conniving with the suppliers and laborers to rip us off.

It taught us a lot of lessons.
1) Always supervise your work yourself even with a professional engr on the site
2) Buy your materials yourself. That way, you pay less and still get the best
3) Always insist on what you want done

That way you might spend between #14-16m and get a standard 3 bedroom.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Sammiehero: 7:15am On Nov 10, 2019
Payperboii:
bro are u a QS? 10K TO COST a building.. I won't insult u sha

He can never be a QS, people like this will only collect money and disappear nah. 10k wey no fit do msmt assignment wen we dey schl self
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by symbianDON(m): 7:19am On Nov 10, 2019
West2019:
My brother forger those peoples here saying 5, 8 and 10m will finish 3 story building , for dream or real life or na Ebar dem want use for the foundation and the decking. with 20m u get want u want ,if u follow NL here my Broda after using 5 or 8m finish ur building hmmmm just be becarful u are talking about story building
3-bedroom bungalow not 3-storey building

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by West2019(m): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2019
symbianDON:

3-bedroom bungalow not 3-storey building
oh sorry pls

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by EgunMogaji2: 7:21am On Nov 10, 2019
kolafolabi:
Budget 5-6 million

Aside from land and without hiring frivolous professionals like a QS then he can build for this amount.

This is assuming that he’ll be the general contractor, site is fairly level and not waterlogged.

There’s a thread on here that some of us used in building our houses inline with budget.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by symbianDON(m): 7:21am On Nov 10, 2019
Briller:
Very true. I got an engineer who gave me an estimated #15m to complete it. By and large, my husband and I thought he was just being very unreasonable only for us to give a Qty surveyor to give us an estimate. He came up with #12.8m and we were so elated that at least we go get change on the #15m.

So we mapped out #15m for the project and gave to another Engr to handle. We have exhausted that #15m and the project is still far from being completed. Screeding, Tiling, Electrical and Plumbing Fixtures, Painting, still outstanding and those will take the bulk of the expenses as you have to finish to taste too.

After all said and done, we discovered that the engr we hired for less, lacks experience and was hardly available, so for almost everything done in the site, we had to correct and pay for labor again. Moreover, the site manager and the engineer were conniving with the suppliers and laborers to rip us off.

1) Always supervise your work yourself even with a professional engr on the site

true talk. thanks for sharing
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by nextstep(m): 7:22am On Nov 10, 2019
tonididdy:

1m for plastering is over-exagerated

You're right... it's just how I like to budget for each stage, then I can be pleasantly surprised.
One should still have a good idea of what things will cost (talk to people, and read the invaluable Properties section), but based on experience (I'm currently on my third building for rental income), I like to break down in 1M increments for major stages.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by EgunMogaji2: 7:22am On Nov 10, 2019
spirul77:
please house, how much will it cost to build a three bedroom flat in a 100x50 expanse of land in Benin city?

Try chatting with Spyder880 on here.

Maybe you and him can come to an agreement.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by ak22(m): 7:23am On Nov 10, 2019
Briller:

Are you serious ? This is too much

5 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by saintftm(m): 7:23am On Nov 10, 2019
I'm an Architect.
With moderate finishing 9m to 11m will finish 3bedroom. Get a good Architectural design that goes with your budget in a place like Benin
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by tonididdy(m): 7:23am On Nov 10, 2019
nextstep:

You're right... it's just how I like to budget for each stage, then I can be pleasantly surprised.
One should still have a good idea of what things will cost (talk to people, and read the invaluable Properties section), but I like to break down in 1M increments for major stages in my experience.
Ok 300 to 400 is achievable too.
Also your 1m for screening, pop and tiles is under - estimated.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by nextstep(m): 7:25am On Nov 10, 2019
tonididdy:

Ok 300 to 400 is achievable too.
Also your 1m for screening, pop and tiles is under - estimated.

Again, major stages I budget 1M. Savings from plastering will go to screeding and pop.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by fineboynl(m): 7:26am On Nov 10, 2019
A simple design and moderate finishing will take 5m at most

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by tonididdy(m): 7:27am On Nov 10, 2019
Briller:

Hi nice to know lesson was learnt.
I tell you a little secret to using the services of a professional engineer (contract to him the project from foundation to roofing)

After this period, do the rest yourself. Ask questions around, compare prices, take different quotations and work with your choice.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by tonididdy(m): 7:28am On Nov 10, 2019
nextstep:

Again, major stages I budget 1M. Savings from plastering will go to screeding and pop.
You are a wise man cool
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Siggysangel: 7:36am On Nov 10, 2019
3bed rooms 2flats on a 100 by 50 plot for sale at uteh, upper-mission extension benin city Edo state for sale....just holla me for more details....watsapp, video call or call 07030223430 for more details.
Thanks
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by superrow: 7:39am On Nov 10, 2019
At least 5m will finish it.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by alphanyx: 7:42am On Nov 10, 2019
Mixedfruit:
Less than 5m
* For real? And we wonder why we have plenty collapsed and structurally unsafe buildings? My future builder, for a sound 3 bedroom flat depending on location, topography of land and above all personal taste, budget between 10m to 25m.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Timtol(m): 7:42am On Nov 10, 2019
Briller:

Sigh!!!
When clients messaged me and tell me their experiences it do shock me.
First of all area of money, a client said he bliv since he isn't scam if bliv there are still few good heads that aren't scam.
Pure fact!
To find a good head is hard but believe there are still few good heads.
I've never receive curse or pain from my clients but prayers and encouragement and never can any track of sadness be align... I understand your pain, take care.
Kindly ensure you buy your materials yourself if you have zero trust for your Engr or better still there find a better way to watch all he does.
We all must note, management is very important but quality isn't too too cheap.
Happy Sunday
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Timtol(m): 7:43am On Nov 10, 2019
superrow:
At least 5m will finish it.
Hi
Duplex or bungalow?
If bungalow only carcass or with finishing and furnishing?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Icon4s(m): 7:44am On Nov 10, 2019
Briller:

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. My 3 bedroom bungalow with two sitting rooms, well decorated interior with wall papers and sitting room with stucco paint and very high quality rooms and exterior painting cost me N18M in 2017. Mind u, i supervised from start to finish. Roofing alone cost me over N3M

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gas Cylinder Explodes At Alakahia, Port Harcourt This Morning (Photos / Best Way To Prevent Water From Sipping Into Your Building Through The Floors / LASTMA Official's Only Son Survives Lagos Building Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.