Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? (37676 Views)

A 3 Bedroom Duplex, Visitors Charlet & Boys Quarte For Sale. @ Wuse Zone4, Abuja / Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City / Help! Guys, What is the cost of building 3 Bedroom flat in Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by ak22(m): 5:28pm On Nov 10, 2019
rubyjan:

Thank you. The area is Lagos mainland.

Just add omo onile matter join and may be with another 200000k for another Conner . 4m
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by LZAA: 5:48pm On Nov 10, 2019
YorubaPrince:

You Igbos and stupidity be like... 5 & 6 angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by YorubaPrince: 6:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
[quote author=LZAA post=83908069][/quote]

LZAA my guy... how far na. Craze dey worry your okoro head, I swear. grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Benoti(m): 6:52pm On Nov 10, 2019
Good day Mr. Let me first congratulate you. I base in Benin and a civil engineer (cozyjel Nigeria enterprises) i am into construction, building, design,consultant, and help to supervise your building
To get you a good and well design house you will need #10m. Cost of materials changes overtime. Also is one thing to build and another thing is the interiors. I base in Benin and can help you handle your project 07030057263(toju). Can also help you cut cost and give you best design
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by nickxtra(m): 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2019
fineboynl:
A simple design and moderate finishing will take 5m at most
That's it. Even people when never get one room apartment in thier life go dey tell the op rubbish. Is it a must to comment??
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by nickxtra(m): 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2019
chukwuka12:

Don't let people scare you..... It all depends on your taste... If you are a luxurious person with a high taste. 10 to 15 million will give you what you want.

But if you need a standard nice 3 bed room 6 to 8 million. Will give you what you need...

Wishing you the very best.... Its sweet to own a house so start soon....
May God increase u more on your wisdom. You stole my comment

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by yemkoguru(m): 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2019
nextstep:
Many things are involved.
First, you don buy land? If not, you will buy that same land twice.
Don't forget LGA chairman and local boys will collect like 230k. If it's like my side, Obi will also collect his own 100k. No how no how 330k will commot like tax.

Then just budget like this in stages:
Fencing+Gate - 1M
Foundation - 1M
Raising to lintel - 1M
Roofing + parapet - 1M
Plastering - 1M
Plumbing and Electric (tank, stand, borehole, soakaway, etc) - 2M
Finishing (POP/screeding/tiling,painting) - 1M
Accessories (lights,switches,taps,drains,toilets,sinks,cabinets,doors,windows) - 2M

People will yab me that this is not realistic, but just know this is approximately what you will need at each stage.
If you spent less on foundation, use that to add to plastering (and so on). If plastering is much cheaper than I wrote (it should be), add it to borehole or something).

At the end of the day this will be more or less what you spend: 10M
If you wait till next April, cement will cost more. If you finish foundation today, but don't get to roofing for 9 months, it will cost more. So just start today, and keep going as money reaches.

1m for foundation haba! Na on top water you wan lay am?
1m for plastering grin let pray naija nor worse reach da level
1m to raise to linted
bros person mustn't give you housing project do oo �

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by nextstep(m): 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2019
yemkoguru:

1m for foundation haba! Na on top water you wan lay am?
1m for plastering grin let pray naija nor worse reach da level
1m to raise to linted
bros person mustn't give you housing project do oo �

Maybe I should have been clear to say the foundation includes DPC (german floor), and beams, at least at the corners. You know how flooded places in Benin can get. I should have also been clearer: not to lintel, but to roofing stage... I prefer to use chain beams to avoid future worries.

Then did you see my total? 10M. I don't think, including fence and gate, you can finish this project for less than 10M. Even other posters with experience are saying 10M or around that.

I like to budget 1M for each major stage because if you save money one place, guaranteed you will spend it elsewhere. If you manage to do it all without cost overruns you can enjoy your savings. In my experience, if you underestimate, you may end up spending more as delays/replanning/inflation will cost more than if you just over budgeted in the first place. You find you may need to pay 5k here, 20k there, next thing you know you have overspent by 200k because you were underestimating.

Even mobilizing workers can cost more if you have to pay for transport and where they will stay. I have a group of 5 great people I use for all my projects, and if I don't have everything in place for one stage it costs me more. I can use local labor but I've been burned too many times and end up spending even more to fix mistakes that should not happen.

But to each his own... I wish OP will come back after the project is finished and give us a cost breakdown.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Payperboii(m): 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
Sammiehero:

He can never be a QS, people like this will only collect money and disappear nah. 10k wey no fit do msmt assignment wen we dey schl self
Uniuyo and you?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Hileola: 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2019
WITH 12M-you will get a standard 3 bed room apartment.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by ojibole(m): 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2019
shogsman:

How in God's name will you land a standard 3 bedroom flat with 7m do you even know how much roofing alone cost.

I'm currently at the tiling stage of my house a 2flat of 3 bedroom I'm about to reply the guy who put out this thread so follow up if you can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by ojibole(m): 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2019
ak22:

Sir, can you just split the amount per stages ?

Land 100/100 400k.

Paid and engineer 350k to take it to roofing level.
I moulded the blocks myself and did the sand filling myself. Can't remember the exact amount of blocks used for foundation though but after foundation I moulded 6000 blocks

When it was at foundation level.
Filling sand is 7k

Bought stone dust 50k which I used for the German floor.

Wood for roofing was 300k, 10k was paid for loading and transporting it

Aluminium roofing cost me 1.3m 0.4mm initial price was 1.4 but I was given discount at agen alluminium.

Labour for carpenter was 50k

I used Nigerian PVC 11k each for I bundle and paid the carpenter 40k to install for both flats

Sliding window frame 100k for both flats

Sliding windows for both flats200k plus net

Protector for both flats 170k

Protector for varanders kitchen and parlour 200k

Doors and frames for both flats 8 doors x 13000= 104000

Frame 8x5000= 40000

so for the 2 flats that's 288000 for doors and frames

I used aluminum doors for the bathroom doors 19k for 1 I.e 19000x2=38000. Please not it's just one master bedroom the rest rooms share toilet and bathroom

Gate 100k

Tank stand angle bar 170k

Bought two tanks 40000 each I.e 40000x2=80k

Borehole 400k depending on the area though

My soak away was 14 feet

Diging cost me 25k

I put beam in it both in the middle and on top also lets just say the soak away cost me 100k not sure again

Piping cost me 72k, Labour was 40k

Bought toilets and sinks 10k x 4= 40k
4 sinks 3k x 4= 12k
Showers and taps cost me 14k
Note I haven't installed them till after tiling
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by chigoziri2403(m): 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2019
ojibole:

Land 100/100 400k.

Paid and engineer 350k to take it to roofing level.
I moulded the blocks myself and did the sand filling myself. Can't remember the exact amount of blocks used for foundation though but after foundation I moulded 6000 blocks

When it was at foundation level.
Filling sand is 7k

Bought stone dust 50k which I used for the German floor.

Wood for roofing was 300k, 10k was paid for loading and transporting it

Aluminium roofing cost me 1.3m 0.4mm initial price was 1.4 but I was given discount at agen alluminium.

Labour for carpenter was 50k

I used Nigerian PVC 11k each for I bundle and paid the carpenter 40k to install for both flats

Sliding window frame 100k for both flats

Sliding windows for both flats200k plus net

Protector for both flats 170k

Protector for varanders kitchen and parlour 200k

Doors and frames for both flats 8 doors x 13000= 104000

Frame 8x5000= 40000

so for the 2 flats that's 288000 for doors and frames

I used aluminum doors for the bathroom doors 19k for 1 I.e 19000x2=38000. Please not it's just one master bedroom the rest rooms share toilet and bathroom

Gate 100k

Tank stand angle bar 170k

Bought two tanks 40000 each I.e 40000x2=80k

Borehole 400k depending on the area though

My soak away was 14 feet

Diging cost me 25k

I put beam in it both in the middle and on top also lets just say the soak away cost me 100k not sure again

Piping cost me 72k, Labour was 40k

Bought toilets and sinks 10k x 4= 40k
4 sinks 3k x 4= 12k
Showers and taps cost me 14k
Note I haven't installed them till after tiling
so please basically, how much from your estimate, built your house
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by opebiboy: 11:39am On Nov 19, 2019
Three bedroom will be built with 8million. Thats d cost, nothing less
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by AkhereOkaka(m): 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ceoking6:
Shouldn't be more than 5m, aluminum/roofing 2m, brickwork 1m, everything would enter 2m.

Las Las 5m
It depends on the quality of Aluminium 1.5m will roof it
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by AkhereOkaka(m): 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
Ceoking6:
Shouldn't be more than 5m, aluminum/roofing 2m, brickwork 1m, everything would enter 2m.

Las Las 5m
2million will roof a twin 3bedroom flat ok
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by compuseun: 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2019
what is the cost of building a 2 bed room flat and a self contain room till finishing
in akure, ondo -state.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by ak22(m): 10:06am On Nov 22, 2019
compuseun:
what is the cost of building a 2 bed room flat and a self contain room till finishing
in akure, ondo -state.

I base in Akure, and I can handle that one for you provided by your plan . But if you don't have plan for now, try to get one and i will give you quote for the building work from foundation to the end. stage by stage. Get back to you soon
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by ak22(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2019
My Edo people, please how much are these following materials in your area . Cement, Stone dust, Granite,Hard core, sharp sand , Block 9"/6" 12mm iron rod, 8mm and 10mm. I want use it to prepare for job at Owa east local government area. Thank
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:03am On Dec 03, 2019
spirul77:
please house, how much will it cost to build a three bedroom flat in a 100x50 expanse of land in Benin city?

Hello,

Can you link me to any reliable land agent in Benin? Thanks
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by hensben(m): 9:40pm On Feb 09, 2020
shogsman:

If the cost of house is as cheap as you guys portray I'd have built one by now.
For a standard 3 bedroom flat budget between 10-14m
The house I’m currently building is in the stage of door fixing. How much do you think will complete the house?

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by shogsman(m): 3:35pm On Feb 10, 2020
hensben:
The house I’m currently building is in the stage of door fixing. How much do you think will complete the house?
I think with around 3m you should be good,that's including the compound concrete and painting, wiring,gate...
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by hensben(m): 4:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
shogsman:

I think with around 3m you should be good,that's including the compound concrete and painting, wiring,gate...
okay thanks
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by danberg: 4:13am On Mar 25, 2020
chigoizie7:

[/b]Thank God you said that you buried a whole house.[b]

I have built one, 4 bedrooms sef. 5 million can do it very well. Except the engineers go open office for your head
grin grin grin
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Erums(m): 8:37pm On Feb 19, 2021
K
Analyst01:
The first step is usually to avail yourself a detailed set of drawings(architectural, structural etc) then estimates can be arrived at based on that.

Furthermore, the architectural drawing can also provide information to price the fencing/gate, pavement/landscaping, stand-alone waste treatment facility (Septic-Tank & Soak-away), water tower (optional).

Often, we tend to neglect the above when considering building costs.

Pls provide me with a cost of building a 3bedroom bungalow

If you already have your building plan, I can provide you with a detailed cost estimate.

WhatsApp 07033544353
Email frankitangltd@gmail.com
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Erums(m): 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2021
ak22:

You are talking about low cost building one here ?. moreover do you have any building plan ?
From there people we know what to estimate on. But location is another issue

Your foundation of 3 coaches will cost you around 550,000 with iron and dpc but without dpc and iron 300,000 on 9/10.2meters building of 2 bedroom . but this depend on your land texture.

From foundation to level roughly 1200 block
If you use 9" block budget 900,000 with pillars and lintel to level . without pillars 600,000

If you use 6" budget 800 to 850
Without pillars 500,000

All with workmanship
But materials price might different from your area

Copy rubyjan # DIY# note there is no professional charges in all
Budget 4m without flooring, fencing and borehole.But this including POP, Parapet, Electrical ,plumbing sanitary # do it your self #

Is there gonna be issues, if iron pillars are not constructed on the bungalow?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by Sirkc777: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2022
Timtol:

grin

I recently constructed 4 unit of self con, for fear of this, I had to pay tfare for my dad all the way from enugu to Ogun state to help with the supervision..

All materials was careful used and monitored, no case of theft..
Bricklayers told me to keep 75 bags of cement for blinding, setting, lintel casting and German floor, we ended up using 62

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City? by ak22(m): 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2022
shogsman:

Can you state amount per these following stages? You see it that 3m can not fly it .

Tiles
Plumbing fittings
Electrical fittings
Kitchen cabinets
Wall drope
Window
Ceiling
Fence
Compound flooring
Painting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gas Cylinder Explodes At Alakahia, Port Harcourt This Morning (Photos / Best Way To Prevent Water From Sipping Into Your Building Through The Floors / LASTMA Official's Only Son Survives Lagos Building Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.