Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? (33055 Views)

Should I Accept This Job Offer? / Should I Accept The Job Offer From Him Or Not? Pls Help! / Should I Accept This Salesboy 7am-7pm, N25k Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by deenee: 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I just finished serving last month and I got a job offer of 40k. I am a B.Sc holder, graduated with second class upper. I need your candid advice whether I should accept or decline the job offer.

Without meaning to sound rude, I don't think you should be bothered about the job offer but rather consider going back to school to relearn everything you have studied so your upper second class is truly worth it.

You had to come and post this crap online and equally more annoying is the fact that people are replying your post.....end of rant

Few questions .....what did you study? What kind of job offer is it? Is the job in line with what you studied? Is the job something you can see your self doing irrespective of whether it's related to your course of study or not?

Do you still stay with your folks? Outside of transport what other expenses are you likely to incur during the course of work? Overall is it in line with your long term career objective?

When you have sincere answers to these questions then you and you alone will be able to decide if you should take the job offer or not.

Cheers!
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by namiji2598: 10:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I just finished serving last month and I got a job offer of 40k. I am a B.Sc holder, graduated with second class upper. I need your candid advice whether I should accept or decline the job offer.
I finished service last month too, I accepted a job offer of 23k already as a security guard and am proud to say it anywhere, I believe one day the story wil change, is left for you

2 Likes

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by PennywysCares(m): 10:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:
if you are a slay queen reject the job let surga daddies fund all ur bills
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by ctleurocollege: 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
namiji2598:
I finished service last month too, I accepted a job offer of 23k already as a security guard and am proud to say it anywhere, I believe one day the story wil change, is left for you

The real hustler, well done bro
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by alfredo1(m): 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
Na wa o! And most of my classmates here(up north) receive between 30k to 60k monthly allowance from their state governments even as students.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by OdenKelechi(m): 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:
Are you kidding me I just finished service early last month and I've not gotten anything doing yet. On God ehhn, I'll jump on this offer. 40k is a good start. I know people starting with 30k
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by mindtricks: 10:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:

What you stand to take out of it beside the pay, like experience, exposure, potential for it to help you get a better job, skills are very key. S
Note that some jobs will lock you down and take all your time such that you won't have enough space to improve your Self worth and widen your chances of getting a better job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 07, 2019
OP, you're asking this question, you dey Naija so?
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by jimcaddy(m): 11:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
But 40k for a 2.1 BSc graduate? This Nigeria get as ee be ohhh
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by baratech: 11:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
Take it
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by baratech: 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
Kastrom:

Yeah, that's one of the things I am considering cos the resumption time is 8am and you close 5pm. The work day is from Monday to Friday n the transport fare per day is #250.

Take it
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 08, 2019
Take the job for now, it doesn't mean you won't get better ones, my first job in 2013 my pay was 12k, I make that in a bad day these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by namiji2598: 12:22am On Nov 08, 2019
ctleurocollege:

The real hustler, well done bro
thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Nelly2015(f): 12:23am On Nov 08, 2019
AcDeline.....

Well Accept the. offer if juicy..

See this [url=]festival [/url]
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by namiji2598: 12:25am On Nov 08, 2019
OdenKelechi:

Are you kidding me I just finished service early last month and I've not gotten anything doing yet. On God ehhn, I'll jump on this offer. 40k is a good start. I know people starting with 30k
I finished service last month too, I accepted a job offer of 23k already as a security guard and am proud to say it anywhere, I believe one day the story wil change....my brother usually says if anybody ask me the kind od work, I do I should tell them issa company work, I tell am say see bros those people laughing at me now becos of the type of hustle I do, wil nt give me shishi if I beg them, and will like being there when the story has change for good
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by OdenKelechi(m): 12:26am On Nov 08, 2019
namiji2598:
I finished service last month too, I accepted a job offer of 23k already as a security guard and am proud to say it anywhere, I believe one day the story wil change....my brother usually says if anybody ask me the kind od work, I do I should tell them issa company work, I tell am say see bros those people laughing at me now becos of the type of hustle I do, wil nt give me shishi if I beg them, and will like being there when the story has change for good
I feel you bro. God will elevate you
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by namiji2598: 12:26am On Nov 08, 2019
alfredo1:
Na wa o! And most of my classmates here(up north) receive between 30k to 60k monthly allowance from their state governments even as students.
which of the northern state, I am also from the north, a graduate too and has nothing doing
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by namiji2598: 1:18am On Nov 08, 2019
Neddyogu:
Great doors swing on little hinges. My first job after NYSC back in 2010 paid 20k monthly but today my least paid member of staff takes more than that. Great doors swing on little hinges.
what are u into sir, and ur location.sorry to ask
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by zorani(m): 1:26am On Nov 08, 2019
Just to encourage u. If U are in a hard time, take any job and grow gradually. If U have other opportunities due to Ur economic background then don't just take any shitty job. After I finished NYSC in 2010, my first salary was N10k, hated teaching but broke. Moved to diff school paying 20k and then N30k all in 3 cities. Did teaching for about 5 years even though I hated the job. Got engineering job N150k. After 1yr plus. Jah abroad. On $60k/annum after tax in the last two years. The journey of life is personal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by CanadaOrBust: 1:34am On Nov 08, 2019
1mrprolific7:
Dem no dey telli person.
Reject it make this Buhari Season give you Ulcer.
Today is My birthday.
Who's feeling this account on Nairaland.
Oya show me love before I slap Una.

I like your pinsure - only that your belle for big more
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by therajah: 1:38am On Nov 08, 2019
You want to decline? Do you have another option O ti lo bere ise!!!!
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by kowalsky: 1:52am On Nov 08, 2019
Kastrom:

Yeah, that's one of the things I am considering cos the resumption time is 8am and you close 5pm. The work day is from Monday to Friday n the transport fare per day is #250.

Don't accept.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by deltateam: 2:46am On Nov 08, 2019
CarlyX8:
Reject it and let hunger kee you there

You only have to reject a job when there's another one around the corner.

You are the reason employers use workers as rags. Coming online with poverty mentality.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by deji17: 3:12am On Nov 08, 2019
If you can raise capital, think of investment or entrepreneurship. Or, take the job, save aggressively and set yourself up.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Tydata: 3:33am On Nov 08, 2019
There are a lot of opportunities outside Nigeria for people with a 1st class or 2:1. A whole lot of scholarships for postgraduate studies abroad. I even got an offer for my 1st attempt.. Fully funded, 3000USD research grant, monthly stipends, flight and Visa are taken care of. Basically, I no dey pay shi shi...
It's really sad that, we don't utilize such golden opportunities.. Well, I understand that the internet is saturated with lot of information both fake and real, and it is quiet difficult to filter out the genuine ever since the emergence and the popularity of blogging. Funny enough, www.Nairaland.com is no longer what it used to be then, the topics that makes front page these days is quite astonishing.
Well, I advice you take the job.. For now what is more important for a fresh graduate is capacity building.. Learn all you can now n please know when to leave. Thank you.

Kastrom:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I just finished serving last month and I got a job offer of 40k. I am a B.Sc holder, graduated with second class upper. I need your candid advice whether I should accept or decline thqe job offer.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Mac2016(m): 4:15am On Nov 08, 2019
Kastrom:
In short, I came to see this thread to see items like pension, closing time, HMO etc and salary of course but not only salary.
A job offer should not be quantified solely by its pecuniary proceeds.
Based on your need and distance from house to work and tfare needed and the experience and exposure the job offers, consider these things to accept or reject it!
Stay blessed!
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Anacondaprick: 4:43am On Nov 08, 2019
[quote author=Kastrom post=83827280]Good evening ladies and gentlemen, I just finished serving last month and I got a job offer of 40k. I am a B.Sc holder, graduated with second class upper. I need your candid advice whether I should accept or decline the job offer.[/quote

Reject it okada man and Uber dey earn pass. Go find money like 6millon naira and then enter country like Norway or Germany, Switzerland go do masters your life would never remain the same
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by GreatArchy: 4:46am On Nov 08, 2019
Mitocyan:

Well it depends on lots of factors. They include but are not limited to
1)what you studied in school

2)the career plan you have for your self

3)the gp you graduated with(if you had a great 2-1 or first class for instance I will advise you to seek scholarship for masters abroad

4)the financial situation of your family. If your family or whoever is still supporting can do so for 6 months without complaining, I will advise you not to take up the job, you can choose to use this period to learn a digital skill or enrol in a training academy that will prepare you for better opportunities.

The bad thing about accepting any job that comes immediately after NYSC is that time passes quickly when you are out of school and you might just be in this job and it could consume so much of your time and might be hard to change. It could make u not have time to reach out for better opportunities again.

Also if this job has no career prospect for you, I will advise you to get some money print some flyers for home tutorials and distribute it actively, in your church and in your area, you can charge around 20k per student and it will probably be 3 days in a week at 2 hours per session. If you get 3 clients that is 60k already. By doing this you will have more time to yourself unlike being in that job and you can plan for more business ideas or more career path.

Don't fall for the deceit that you are still young, time passes quickly and motivation wanes with years. Don't let your drive wane. Make good use of it. Above all I wish you success.
Very Apt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Nobody: 6:00am On Nov 08, 2019
Osyxcel:

The transport is not on the high side. The working hours is pretty much the same in most places. You can take up the offer, but ensure that you're constantly on the look out for better opportunities. Also try as much as possible to add value to yourself, as well as seek out alternative means of income.

Good luck!
good morning Sir.
please can you list out ways someone can add value to himself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Osyxcel(m): 6:03am On Nov 08, 2019
novice22:
good morning Sir.
please can you list out ways someone can add value to himself?

Morning sir.

By picking up skills that are relevant to one's career line and other relevant skills.

By getting other professional certifications

Attending relevant trainings/seminars and so on.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by Joevics(m): 6:05am On Nov 08, 2019
Kastrom:

250 isnt bad. You will still have enough left at the end of the month.
Re: Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? by femydarlington(m): 6:17am On Nov 08, 2019
Well, don't despise the time of little beginning, even though you know what you want.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: Applicants Beaten, Tear-gassed In Benue (pix/video) / An Ugly Experience With A HR Officer In Abuja / How Do You Expect A Job Seeker To Pay N480k Before Getting A Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.