Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

How Was Lazarus Able To Come Forth From The Tomb With His Legs Bound? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Was Lazarus Able To Come Forth From The Tomb With His Legs Bound? (474 Views)

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Collins: My Visit To Babalola’s Tomb, Mountain And River Oni At Efon Alaaye / "Lazarus Mouka Worships Python" - Uche Eze (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was Lazarus Able To Come Forth From The Tomb With His Legs Bound? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
Somebody once asked, "If you ask me, na who I go ask"?

But that somebody is not me, because I know that there an extent to which the Spirit of God would rest upon someone, that once the Word has been sent forth, it must surely accomplish the purpose for which is was sent.

So that level is not the level of being careful, or trying to make it easy for the Holy Spirit, as many try to do these days, for that level is not the level of the things that are possible with men, but the things that are impossible with men, because that's the level of with God nothing shall be impossible.

So it doesn't matter if the legs of Lazarus are bound, or if they like let them be fastened to the ground, but once the Word has gone forth, by fire by force whether Lazarus likes it or not, he has no choice but to obey and come forth from of the grave.

I'm just imagining a situation where Lazarus would out of concern want to help the Lord out, and say "Lord, please my legs are..." but before he finishes what he's trying to say, the Holy Spirit would shut his mouth with a Holy slap, for him to know that it was not by his might nor by his power but by the Spirit of God.

It's really disheartening that most of us believers have now decided to settle for less than the level of the Spirit that rested upon Jesus, that made Him able to do such extent of works, despite His saying that those who believe in Him shall also be able to do such works He was doing and even greater works. {John 14:12}

It wasn't so in those days with the disciples, for if there was anything that Jesus could do that they were not able to do, they would ask Jesus why they weren't able to do likewise, and because they refused to settle for less, the same extent of Spirit that rested upon Jesus also rested upon them.

I don't know about you, but I'm not going to settle for anything less than what Jesus said anyone who believes in Him would be able to do in that saying of His. I know it's not going to be easy, but whatever it takes, I know that with God nothing shall be impossible, and that He is more than able to make His Word come to pass in my life.

John 11:43-44 (KJV)

43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: How Was Lazarus Able To Come Forth From The Tomb With His Legs Bound? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jesus said: Lazarus come forth! {John 11:43}
Re: How Was Lazarus Able To Come Forth From The Tomb With His Legs Bound? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
jesusjnr:
Jesus said: Lazarus come forth! {John 11:43}

And Lazarus came forth! {John 11:44}

Simple!

No drama, no much talk, no struggle, no argument, no delay etc.

The Holy Ghost did all the work.

1 Like

Re: How Was Lazarus Able To Come Forth From The Tomb With His Legs Bound? by CodeTemplar: 2:54am On Nov 10, 2019
? ? ?
Re: How Was Lazarus Able To Come Forth From The Tomb With His Legs Bound? by Nobody: 8:27am On Nov 10, 2019
jesusjnr:

And Lazarus came forth! {John 11:44}

Simple!

No drama, no much talk, no struggle, no argument, no delay etc.

The Holy Ghost did all the work.

That's the kind of work that the church needs.
Re: How Was Lazarus Able To Come Forth From The Tomb With His Legs Bound? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 11, 2019
By the power of the Holy Ghost!
Re: How Was Lazarus Able To Come Forth From The Tomb With His Legs Bound? by oaroloye(m): 8:58pm On Nov 14, 2019
Hopping.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Reveals What He Must Do Before Dying / Decay Of Brother Kelly: The Character That Stinks Will Eventually Sink / Coronavirus Is A Western Agenda- Malam Sani Yahaya Jingir

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.