Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) (7290 Views)

Middle Belt Gain Independence Breakout Of The North- Pics / Pray For SE. Total Destruction Of Trucks And Goods From The North. PICS / Buhari Commit Yet Another Blunder In Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by FakeManna: 10:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
I think he meant photocopy cheesy

Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by majamajic(m): 11:16pm On Nov 07, 2019
photo copy

scanning

recording
printing

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 07, 2019
I dont think that's a mistake, you are reading in english but I think the shops target are those that read in hausa

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by majamajic(m): 11:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
DivideUs:
I dont think that's a mistake, you are reading in english but I think the shops target is those that read in hausa

hausa English abi ?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 07, 2019
majamajic:

hausa English abi ?

That's how they are all pronounced in hausa.

Rikodin is recording
Sikanin is scanning and so on, they are advertising in hausa language

Dont know what your language is but how do your people pronounce scanning?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
majamajic:
photo copy

scanning

recording
printing
If not for you, I'd be trying to figure out the meaning of those words till God knows when.
Damn, I can't believe this. Why didn't they write in Hausa instead?

9 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
Hahaha
I wouldn't have guessed!

majamajic:
photo copy

scanning

recording
printing

4 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Nobody: 11:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
DivideUs:
I dont think that's a mistake, you are reading in english but I think the shops target are those that read in hausa
Then he should have written those words in Hausa?
English is English, there's no Hausaenglish, Yorubaenglish or Igboenlglish.

4 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by theenchanter: 11:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
This type of written words are found across d country...... South westerners and Easterners aren't left out.

Stop victimizing d north on nonentity!

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Saifullah01: 11:32pm On Nov 07, 2019
U morons think this is an error?
It's actually called "ajami writing" and it is been taught in schools. How the he'll do u think hausa is taught it SSCE and BSc levels?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
J111333:
Then he should have written those words in Hausa?
English is English, there's no Hausaenglish, Yorubaenglish or Igboenlglish.

I'm hausa and I do not believe there are words for these things, they are all stolen from english like so many things but made to sound hausa like hospital is asibiti and trader is tireda

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by theenchanter: 11:35pm On Nov 07, 2019
Saifullah01:
It's actually called "ajami writing" and it is been taught in schools. How the he'll do u think hausa is taught it SSCE and BSc levels?
oh, pls... call a spade a spade. Its an error, if the writer and his supposed audience knew d correct spelling, he wouldn't have written it like that.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47pm On Nov 07, 2019
Saifullah01:

I guess that is how they submit their exam sheets too, after some sikani and potocafi.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by slimfit1(m): 11:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
Focus on better issues it could be broken language abeg.

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by SalafRider(m): 11:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
Chai wonders everyday grin

2 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by theenchanter: 12:02am On Nov 08, 2019
Beosten:
G
masun. grin

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Mustack: 4:18am On Nov 08, 2019
This people lack everything yet they have everything they wish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by 1Sharon(f): 4:32am On Nov 08, 2019
Saifullah01:

I'm pretty sure Ajami is written in the arabic script, what are you on about?

Is that arabic text?

7 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by chigoziri2403(m): 5:20am On Nov 08, 2019
I won't be surprised if that's a school community

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Academicwizman(m): 5:52am On Nov 08, 2019
Do you know that in Yoruba language,

Bread is spelt; Buredi
Rice = Iresi
Photocopy = Fotokopi

So, what's the fuse about those spellings? They are borrowed words from English language. I am sure that you will get similar spellings from other languages too (Igbo inclusive).

2 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Mightyhaiz: 6:09am On Nov 08, 2019
Lol
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Midas01: 6:13am On Nov 08, 2019
There's no proof it happened in the north. It could be some other African country.

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by nstr: 6:17am On Nov 08, 2019
Hausa English..Smh
majamajic:

hausa English abi ?

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by nstr: 6:20am On Nov 08, 2019
And so!!! Becuz its like that in Yoruba doesn't mean it should be used in every shops and sales stands

Just accept that whoever wrote those made a very Big blunder and isnt targeting any hausa abeg

Or can you also write those words in an exam or test like that if you are in school
Academicwizman:

Bread is spelt; Buredi
Rice = Iresi
Photocopy = Fotokopi

So, what's the fuse about those spellings? They are borrowed words from English language. I am sure that you will get similar spellings from other languages too (Igbo inclusive).

6 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by oyatz(m): 6:45am On Nov 08, 2019
That J111333 is an irredeemable bigot. He hates the North and he will not see reasons in your explanation.

Borrowed words e.g Tabulu (Table) abound in Igbo language.

DivideUs:

I'm hausa and I do not believe there are words for these things, they are all stolen from english like so many things but made to sound hausa like hospital is asibiti and trader is tireda

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Mustack: 6:46am On Nov 08, 2019
Academicwizman:

Bread is spelt; Buredi
Rice = Iresi
Photocopy = Fotokopi

How many text did you see written as Yoruba language

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by oyatz(m): 6:52am On Nov 08, 2019
Ajami is written in both Latin and Arabic scripts.

The advert is Hausa written with English alphabet.
There are no local words for Photocopy, scanning, recording and printing.

Many world's in English were also borrowed and corrupted from Greek, Arabic,Latin and French e.g Agriculture, Hospital, Algebra, Admiral, Mutton, Avenue etc

1Sharon:

I'm pretty sure Ajami is written in the arabic script, what are you on about?

Is that arabic text?

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by LOWLIFER: 6:53am On Nov 08, 2019
This people are something else...coz what I am seeing is befuddling and nauseating to my eyes...

2 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by meccuno: 6:58am On Nov 08, 2019
J111333:
If not for you, I'd be trying to figure out the meaning of those words till God knows when.
Damn, I can't believe this. Why didn't they write in Hausa instead?
That is Hausa. grin

2 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by oyatz(m): 6:59am On Nov 08, 2019
Bros calm down.

The shop owner is not writing any exam and is not interested in any academic correctness. He is an average Nigerian hustler looking for his daily bread.

He simply wanted to pass a message to his customers in a language they can understand.

Look at the way you too wrote 'Becuz' instead of 'Because'...is that how you will write it in an exam?

nstr:
And so!!! Becuz its like that in Yoruba doesn't mean it should be used in every shops and sales stands

Just accept that whoever wrote those made a very Big blunder and isnt targeting any hausa abeg

Or can you also write those words in an exam or test like that if you are in school

8 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by oyatz(m): 7:04am On Nov 08, 2019
There are similar adverts written in local languages in your State too but because of the background hatred you have for the North, you are quick to come online telling the whole world the advert wasn't written in Queen's English.

You could as well demanded that our local Languages should not be spoken or written in public so as not to offend you.

LOWLIFER:
This people are something else...coz what I am seeing is befuddling and nauseating to my eyes...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Explosion In Galadima Kogo Community Of Niger State / Seun Was Roasted On Twitter For Posting This (photos) / Illegal Land Takeover: Journalist Sues Enugu Government, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.