Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) (7289 Views)

Middle Belt Gain Independence Breakout Of The North- Pics / Pray For SE. Total Destruction Of Trucks And Goods From The North. PICS / Buhari Commit Yet Another Blunder In Ekiti State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Academicwizman(m): 7:05am On Nov 08, 2019
Mustack:

How many text did you see written as Yoruba language

There are many my brother. A good number of words without original Yoruba meaning.

For example:
Address = Adiresi
Pan = Paanu
Christ = Kristi
Jesus = Jesu etc
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by oyatz(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2019
Are you for real?

Don't you see many public notices in Lagos written in Yoruba language? There are many newspapers in Yoruba being sold from Kwara to Lagos States.

Mustack:

How many text did you see written as Yoruba language
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Academicwizman(m): 7:10am On Nov 08, 2019
nstr:
And so!!! Becuz its like that in Yoruba doesn't mean it should be used in every shops and sales stands

Just accept that whoever wrote those made a very Big blunder and isnt targeting any hausa abeg

Or can you also write those words in an exam or test like that if you are in school

If you understand market targeting and the real meaning of communication (not just blowing grammar), you will know that there may be nothing wrong with the spelling. Don't be surprise that the writer may be well conversant with the correct spelling in English but understood the need of his/her immediate environment and .chose to write that way. There are many Hausa, Yoruba and even Igbos that can't relate with words written in English.
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by omenka(m): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2019
oyatz:
There are similar adverts written in local languages in your State too but because of the background hatred you have for the North, you are quick to come online telling the whole world the advert wasn't written in Queen's English.

You could as well demanded that our local Languages should not be spoken or written in public so as not to offend you.

It is called selective blindness. Typical of his kind.

If such a kid shows you his result, you'd be amazed he has the guts to drag others over their poor diction and grammar.
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Academicwizman(m): 7:26am On Nov 08, 2019
nstr:
And so!!! Becuz its like that in Yoruba doesn't mean it should be used in every shops and sales stands. Just accept that whoever wrote those made a very Big blunder and isnt targeting any hausa abeg

Or can you also write those words in an exam or test like that if you are in school

- I cannot find in the write-up that it is being used in "every shop and sales stands".
- The writer "isnt targeting any Hausa". How are you sure about that? I guess you can read the mind of the writer!

- "Just accept that whoever wrote those made a very Big blunder". No! I do not just accept falacies and conjectures without logic or facts.

- The writer didn't write it in an exam situation. He/she wrote it in front of his shop! Yes, I can write it in an exam situation if the paper is Hausa language or don't you know that people write exams in Hausa language too?

2 Likes

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Mustack: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2019
Academicwizman:

There are many my brother. A good number of words without original Yoruba meaning.

For example:
Address = Adiresi
Pan = Paanu
Christ = Kristi
Jesus = Jesu etc

Are displayed just like those one?
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by FakeManna: 8:15am On Nov 08, 2019
oyatz:
There are similar adverts written in local languages in your State too but because of the background hatred you have for the North, you are quick to come online telling the whole world the advert wasn't written in Queen's English.

You could as well demanded that our local Languages should not be spoken or written in public so as not to offend you.

why not write in hausa language
if you know you can't write in English
why not body write in hausa and trust me no one will have issues with that
there's a big difference between typo errors and this blatant blunder

no excuses for this biko
make una no dey empower illiteracy just because you support Buhari.

cc
omenka

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by FakeManna: 8:17am On Nov 08, 2019
DivideUs:

That's how they are all pronounced in hausa.

Rikodin is recording
Sikanin is scanning and so on, they are advertising in hausa language

Dont know what your language is but how do your people pronounce scanning?
oga this is not hausa language this is purely English murder

if their language does not recognize those words locally they should at least do justice to it

no excuse for ignorance

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by oyatz(m): 8:42am On Nov 08, 2019
The advert was written in Hausa NOT English and you are still complaining.

There are many spoken and written Igbo words that are similarly derived from English language e.g Tabulu from the English word, Table.

There is nothing concerning Buhari in this matter. He is not the shop owner and the Shop owner hasn't seen Buhari before.

FakeManna:

no excuses for this biko

cc
omenka
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by olril17(m): 8:56am On Nov 08, 2019
nothing wrong with this imo
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by adamx23(m): 9:05am On Nov 08, 2019
nstr:
And so!!! Becuz its like that in Yoruba doesn't mean it should be used in every shops and sales stands

Just accept that whoever wrote those made a very Big blunder and isnt targeting any hausa abeg

You sound so dumb! The northerners mostly communicate in their local dialect. He's not advertising for you, he's doing it for his people who mostly communicate in Hausa.
I think the southerners are suffering from inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by seanwilliam(m): 9:30am On Nov 08, 2019
DivideUs:

That's how they are all pronounced in hausa.

Rikodin is recording
Sikanin is scanning and so on, they are advertising in hausa language

Dont know what your language is but how do your people pronounce scanning?
in ibadan accent, we call it sikani
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by FakeManna: 9:56am On Nov 08, 2019
[s]
oyatz:
The advert was written in Hausa NOT English and you are still complaining.

There are many spoken and written Igbo words that are similarly derived from English language e.g Tabulu from the English word, Table.

There is nothing concerning Buhari in this matter. He is not the shop owner and the Shop owner hasn't seen Buhari before.

[/s]
shatap
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by otosa(m): 10:02am On Nov 08, 2019
J111333:
If not for you, I'd be trying to figure out the meaning of those words till God knows when.
Damn, I can't believe this. Why didn't they write in Hausa instead?
You don't mean it, believe me, I was also confused to guess for the right meaning �� until I saw the English version. Thank you guy to bailed us out, if not, all of us should have scored F9 parallel on this exam.

1 Like

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by 1Sharon(f): 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
oyatz:
Ajami is written in both Latin and Arabic scripts.

The advert is Hausa written with English alphabet.
There are no local words for Photocopy, scanning, recording and printing.

Many world's in English were also borrowed and corrupted from Greek, Arabic,Latin and French e.g Agriculture, Hospital, Algebra, Admiral, Mutton, Avenue etc

If it is written in Latin texts, then it's not Ajami.

Ajami refers to Arabic texts.
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by 1Sharon(f): 4:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
FakeManna:

no excuses for this biko

cc
omenka

Leave them. Just look at their stupid excuses
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by 1Sharon(f): 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2019
DivideUs:

I'm hausa and I do not believe there are words for these things, they are all stolen from english like so many things but made to sound hausa like hospital is asibiti and trader is tireda

Oh interesting. Hausas love to brag that their language has the widest vocabulary out of all groups in Nigeria.

So you don't have hausa for scanning, printing, recording ?
Yeye.
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
1Sharon:

Oh interesting. Hausas love to brag that their language has the widest vocabulary out of all groups in Nigeria.

Yeye.

Yours wey no be yeye tell me what they are in your language!
Yeye
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by NGpatriot: 10:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
FakeManna:
I think he meant photocopy cheesy

Lalasticlala

Your own blunder no get competition.

Targeting your customer base and how they pronounce is no blunder.

Get a job .
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by solmusdesigns: 10:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
Oga yoruba is also written using english alphabet, just like Jesu meaning Jesus, Friji meaning fridge and so on

J111333:
Then he should have written those words in Hausa?
English is English, there's no Hausaenglish, Yorubaenglish or Igboenlglish.
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by FakeManna: 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Oga yoruba is also written using english alphabet, just like Jesu meaning Jesus, Friji meaning fridge and so on

[/s]
shatap this is not fake upwork akant
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2019
1Sharon:

Yeye.

DivideUs:

Yours wey no be yeye tell me what they are in your language!
Yeye

I'm still waiting
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by 1Sharon(f): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2019
DivideUs:

I'm still waiting

You go wait tire, yeye hausa
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
^^^^
Eyyah cheesy cheesy let me guess, drugveloper?
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by 1Sharon(f): 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2019
DivideUs:
^^^^
Eyyah cheesy cheesy let me guess, drugveloper?

Let me guess, child molester?
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
1Sharon:

Let me guess, child molester?

Is that the best you can do?
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by 1Sharon(f): 2:08am On Nov 11, 2019
DivideUs:

Is that the best you can do?

Goat fucker?
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:15am On Nov 11, 2019
Such errors are not exclusive to northerners; here are some from southerners too.

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:19am On Nov 11, 2019
More

Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by FakeManna: 5:49am On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
ItsMeAboki:
More
[/s]
trash
Re: Another Blunder Spotted In The North (pics) by FakeManna: 5:50am On Nov 11, 2019
[s]
ItsMeAboki:
Such errors are not exclusive to northerners; here are some from southerners too.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Orji Uzo Kalu Kneeling Down In This Picture / Endsars Rapper Nigerian Coke New Song / Adebanjo: Afenifere Does Not Believe In Secession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.