Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) (52931 Views)

Driver Weeps As His Passenger Is Trapped In The Ikoyi Collapsed Building / Best Areas To Rent Houses, Flats, To Live In Ikorodu, Lagos. Information Needed. / Will A Tenant Pay During His 3 Or 6 Months Quit Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Yorubasareslave: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2019
RichDad1:
The guys actually took advantage of the woman greediness and naivety.
Kafi street being the next street to the popular Ikeja city mall, has just about 3 hotels with lots of nightlife.
With the amount of people that patronize the mall and the clubs around , any smart person knows that hotel business is gold mine around there.
He just played a fast one on the old woman in connivance with the agent.

Agreement or not, I don’t think the tenant has any right to modify the property and converting same without the owners consent.

I trust Lagos State Government, the tenant will be ejected because he might not have the necessary approval to run a hotel business in such environment. Unless he’s someone that knows someone somewhere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by oodua1stson: 9:26am On Nov 08, 2019
I don't understand why people take these cases to court.

I'm an Ijebu man. If you do anyhow you see anyhow. By the time you wake up from sleep with stabbing Mark's nobody will tell you before you run
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:37am On Nov 08, 2019
maasoap:

Oh, you missed the part below or didn't read through.

Well, it’s already in court. Either party that is found wanting would make full amends.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Lexusgs430: 9:38am On Nov 08, 2019
Skyfornia:

Omo forget what you heard, a lot happened inside the unheard stories. The matter is in court, why the woman still come dey shout?? Allow the law to take measures.

But the body of the matter, was the alleged conversion...... The tenancy agreement would settle this....

And if that fraud claims he was not given a contract on the second let...... The absence of the contract, does not give him any permission to convert.... But property should be handed over in the same way, it was received......

But they should test it in court............

2 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by frugal(m): 9:42am On Nov 08, 2019
RichDad1:

According to the news , it says it’s a hotel.
Even if its a short let apartment, it still falls under the hospitality sub sector. So it requires approval.

It says 'hotel' to make the story more sensational and draw more sympathy.

It might require approval from landlord, but definitely not from the government or any of it's agencies. It's more of a sublet issue than a hospitality thing. But even that is debatable. I don't have the full facts, so I might be wrong.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by RichDad1(m): 9:43am On Nov 08, 2019
maasoap:

I'm still trying to understand the greedy part!
The woman shouldn’t have allowed the same person rent the 2 apartments. No matter how good the offer was. But the amount involved seems to have be clouded her judgement.
She has little fault though. The agent is just the saboteur.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by RichDad1(m): 9:44am On Nov 08, 2019
frugal:

It says 'hotel' to make the story more sensational and draw more sympathy.

It might require approval from landlord, but definitely not from the government or any of it's agencies. It's more of a sublet issue than a hospitality thing. But even that is debatable. I don't have the full facts, so I might be wrong.
That’s just it.

2 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by ridbell01(m): 10:03am On Nov 08, 2019
deity:

3 bedroom flat at Alausa goes at that range, even 1.5m
and you want a civil servant to stay there without cutting corners in the office, a banker to stay there without stealing customers money or someone wothout converting it to hotel? We are the enemy of ourselves in this country
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 08, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/686411/where-ashley-segunoshin-ashosh-group
This tenant is a renowned fraudster
Cc
Egunmogaji2
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by centboy123456(m): 10:20am On Nov 08, 2019
Beverlyjean:
This one is mad ooo... Can he try that in the country he relocated from?? Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they have ... How can u convert someone else's property for ur personal business and still try to justify what he did...

The woman should hv hired thugs to deal with him

hired thugs to deal with him d woman can go to jail for it don't try that oh

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by centboy123456(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2019
cococandy:
You people are unbelievable

you can go to hell the guy never did anything wrong didn't he pay for the rent abeg go sit down
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by centboy123456(m): 10:25am On Nov 08, 2019
ridbell01:
1.3m for a flat.. Is it 10 bedroom flat?

they pay more then that here in Lagos
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by centboy123456(m): 10:27am On Nov 08, 2019
vivalavida:
Why should a 75 year old woman be stressed about with this?
Doesn't she have male children?

I just pray no one puts my mama through this kind of stress. Violence is the way for me o. I no dey for dialogue

if u try any from of violence bro u will go to jail

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by centboy123456(m): 10:28am On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:
this is the unbelievable that lady was talking about......so because u r a grandson of a land lord now gives u the supreme knowledge of land matters....smh...

I still maintain d old lady has no case against the tenant. I can choose to do whatever I want in my rented house as long as we did not sign shit....so Mr landlord grandson... I hope u learn from this

you are right bro don't mind Nigeria sometimes I tyed d way d reason
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Originalsly: 10:53am On Nov 08, 2019
Hmmm..... tenant converting landlord property from residential use to commercial use. Hmmm..... tenant implemented his own floor plan which is different from the official floor plan submitted, approved and registered in State records. Hmmm..... tenant upgraded the apartment at his own expense without any compensating agreement. Hmmm.... does he know if he ever remove just one tile he can be charged for damaging her property?...and can be made to bear the cost for repairs? Court is the last place he should want to take this matter.

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by mechanics(m): 11:15am On Nov 08, 2019
Eyah, but some people are wicked o, he want to claim was is not his own, God will surely deal with him, he's a wicked man.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Ubiudumo(m): 11:18am On Nov 08, 2019
The guy knows what he is doing which is why he did not have an agreement on the second property , however , the old woman has a good case as her consent was not sought and obtained.It is simply a civil matter.
The only role the police have to play here is with regards to the threats by the lessor/tenant as the case may be.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:56am On Nov 08, 2019
Kneephy:
this woman should try evicting him the conventional way, carry like 5-6 babalawos to come threaten him ....

or maybe she converts two of her flats to church..... by this customers go stop t0 dey patronize the h0tel if the disturbance too much
If only the babalawo has the technique of disappearing and appearing, the tenant will catch sense
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by rowland545(m): 12:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
centboy123456:

you are right bro don't mind Nigeria sometimes I tyed d way d reason
it baffles me too....people let there emotions get a better of them ...rather than thinking rationally
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Kneephy(m): 12:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Mcreloaded:

Are you saying churches are disturbance please can you explain the bolded so i know what type of disturbance you mean

anyhow you see it oo, mi I sha know Church beside hotel na disturbance

1 Like

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by adedehinbo(m): 12:53pm On Nov 08, 2019
rowland545:
lemme also pretend I did not also here you threaten me with kidnapping on a faceless forum ....

And lemme also advice you and other slowpoke never threaten a person u don't know ....it might get u in trouble....u need wisdom in your life
this is not abt me threatening you,the question is can u take what you ditch out to others?do u really pray to have a property? What would be ur reaction if anyone converts your property to something against your will?

2 Likes

Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by West2019(m): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2019
alonzoiv:
This is human beings' wickedness to the another. Tenants like this are capable of employing diabolic means against the house owner.
May God keep us from evil and evil doers.
How wickedness or evil?
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by maasoap(m): 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
RichDad1:

The woman shouldn’t have allowed the same person resent the 2 apartments. No matter how good the offer was. But the amount involved seems to have be clouded her judgement.
She has little fault though. The agent is just the saboteur.

Firstly, we didn't know how much the last tenant paid for the same flat. And the current tenant didn't say anything about being cheated or say anything about overpayment. So, talking about the amount doesn't really prove anything.
Secondly, she wasn't around and was at the same time reluctant.
Thirdly, she was lied to when they discovered that she was unwilling to give out the apartment. They told him that the brother of the current tenant was going to be the occupier.
Fourthly, the agent lied to and misinformed her intentionally.

My verdict: this has nothing to do with greed.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
centboy123456:

if u try any from of violence bro u will go to jail
The dead don't tell tales. If you try this with my father or mother... I'll definitely kill you. Without quarrelling without questions. I will kill you.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by ridbell01(m): 8:59pm On Nov 08, 2019
centboy123456:

they pay more then that here in Lagos
where in Lagos and whats the work of the occupants?
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
centboy123456:

hired thugs to deal with him d woman can go to jail for it don't try that oh
Be careful. And be guided.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by centboy123456(m): 8:05am On Nov 09, 2019
Smartchoiice:

The dead don't tell tales. If you try this with my father or mother... I'll definitely kill you. Without quarrelling without questions. I will kill you.

bro forget that tin u think say na every body u fit kill lol abeg na mouth u get
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 09, 2019
centboy123456:

bro forget that tin u think say na every body u fit kill lol abeg na mouth u get
Ok.
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by gistcity(m): 8:48am On Sep 05, 2020
Re: Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) by jaysam28: 1:07pm On Apr 06, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos / I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me / Lockdown: Lekki Residents Sue Kayode Otitoju Over Influx Of "Miscreants"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.