Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay (782 Views)

Hire A Reputable Industrial Design Agency / Working With Orange Insurance Brokers: Yay Or Nay? / PHOTOS: Tuc's Food Union (FOBTOB) In An Ongoing Nationwide Industrial Action. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by Naziwrite: 7:41am On Nov 08, 2019
Hi nairaland,

I just got admission to study industrial design in a federal University of technology,

So far I've not come across any graduate/student

What I want to ask is considering the present situation of Nigeria is it a nice course..

Cc 1forall

Lalasticala help move to a wider audience sir embarassed

Mynd44
Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by ERORR404(m): 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2019
I'm currently a 300 lvl student of industrial design and yes it is a very amazing course if you are an artistic person. its a professional course and mostly practical driven, in my school when you get to 300 lvl you get to choose from ceramics, graphics or textile to major in.

1 Like

Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by Naziwrite: 8:02am On Nov 17, 2019
ERORR404:
I'm currently a 300 lvl student of industrial design and yes it is a very amazing course if you are an artistic person. its a professional course and mostly practical driven, in my school when you get to 300 lvl you get to choose from ceramics, graphics or textile to major in.

Whoa,,, didn't see this till today,

Sorry if I ask you too much...

What kinda jobs will you do after graduation

And BTW which school are you?
Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by ERORR404(m): 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2019
Naziwrite:

Whoa,,, didn't see this till today,

Sorry if I ask you too much...

What kinda jobs will you do after graduation

And BTW which school are you?
FUT Yola (Mautech), if you major in graphics, you graduate with a btech in graphics design. You can work in printing press, media companies (nta,tvc,mtv.. most of our students from graphics in my school often do their I.T at Gotel,a tv station here in yola), advertising firms and basically any instuition or firm that needs a graphic designer however, you need to be good with softwares like corel draw, adobe illustrator, photoshop, adobe after effects etc...
If you decide to further (masters) abroad, you could do product design,automobile design etc..

2 Likes

Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by ERORR404(m): 3:13pm On Nov 17, 2019
The ceramics guys often do their IT at one ceramic company like that in kogi state where they make tiles, wc's toilets and basically anything ceramic. So these are the kinda companies you could work. Evere heard of bioceramics? they work in hospitals/research firms too in making artificial limbs and bones etc but that's at your masters level though and i dont think we have that in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by ERORR404(m): 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
And textile well, thats it "textile". You work in textile companies. vlisco,hollandis wax etc.

1 Like

Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by Naziwrite: 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2019
ERORR404:

FUT Yola (Mautech), if you major in graphics, you graduate with a btech in graphics design. You can work in printing press, media companies (nta,tvc,mtv.. most of our students from graphics in my school often do their I.T at Gotel,a tv station here in yola), advertising firms and basically any instuition or firm that needs a graphic designer however, you need to be good with softwares like corel draw, adobe illustrator, photoshop, adobe after effects etc...
If you decide to further (masters) abroad, you could do product design,automobile design etc..

I'm already acquainted with Corel draw... Photoshop is the one giving me issues to understand. So basically what it means is, it's better I start using those apps...

And sorry is cinematography included in industrial design
Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by ERORR404(m): 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2019
Naziwrite:

I'm already acquainted with Corel draw... Photoshop is the one giving me issues to understand. So basically what it means is, it's better I start using those apps...

And sorry is cinematography included in industrial design
i dont think you'd be taught that, we did a course on photography basics in 200 lvl but it was just theoretical. however, there are places you can learn it that dont even require any formal certificate.
Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by ERORR404(m): 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
Which University offered you the admission?
Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by Demmylove(m): 5:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
ERORR404:

Hello, please if I may ask, do they do automobile designs or anything related to that in Industrial Design, if yes, what can you major in.
Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by ERORR404(m): 6:17am On Nov 21, 2019
Demmylove:

Hello, please if I may ask, do they do automobile designs or anything related to that in Industrial Design, if yes, what can you major in.
Automobile design is at masters level and we dont have that in nigeria unless you go abroad
Re: Industrial Design, Yay Or Nay by Naziwrite: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2019
ERORR404:
Which University offered you the admission?

FUTA

(1) (Reply)

From Domestic Staff To Nigeria First Train Driver, Meet Isa Fatima Abiola, / / Switching To A Competitor: Your Opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.