Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

How Much Does Your Local Government Earn? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Does Your Local Government Earn? (1878 Views)

What Is The Name Of Your Local Government Chairman? / Bad Road In Sango, Ogun State: Is Your Local Government Chairman Working? / #EkitiDecides 2018: APC Wins Fayose’s Local Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Does Your Local Government Earn? by Luckysbab: 9:20am On Nov 08, 2019
This is indeed commendable. Hold your leaders accountable, more so the ones most accessible to you. ✅

Now that you have this information and knowing that local government chairmen/administrators aren't covered by the immunity clause, the ball lies in your court to advocate for accountable governance. How?

Have you noticed that most of the time, it's political opponents and random public affairs analysts who do the appraisals of those in power?
Now might be a good time to convene an apolitical body of worthy ambassadors from across your local government, with adequate representation of various age and social class.

The mission will be to get your local government administration, alongside the honorable representing your constituency in the house of assembly to commit to a monthly town hall meeting, where they give an account of how their revenue has been spent and a review of the plans they have for the coming months.

Note that your purpose shouldn't be limited to scrutiny or even witch-hunt, but to also partner with the administration in the development of your local government. The partnership might be in counterpart funding of some projects or even mobilizing volunteer manpower for environmental community projects. This could be a cleanup or volunteering for educational events for the kids, etc.

The key thing is that it's no longer enough to just criticize from the corner of your room, but be actively involved too.

Question is are you willing to make that move? As for me, I am.

Lalasticlala Mynd 44 Dominique

Re: How Much Does Your Local Government Earn? by logan2(m): 11:45am On Nov 08, 2019
I heard director of budgIT is now working for Buhari... So I guess his doing his job then....
Re: How Much Does Your Local Government Earn? by Luckysbab: 10:16am On Nov 10, 2019
logan2:
I heard director of budgIT is now working for Buhari... So I guess his doing his job then....

He already quite before starting the job... Too much pressure on him.

(1) (Reply)

APC CRISIS: Oshiomhole Prefers To Die Than Supporting Obaseki As Edo Governor / Video: Protesters Storm Bourdillon, Ikoyi Residence Of Bola Tinubu / Igbo Terrorist Group Set Philanthropi House Ablaze For Installing Street Lights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.