Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets (44578 Views)

APC Governors Angry Over Tinubu’s Choice Of Shettima, To Meet Buhari Today / Benue/Ebonyi: Residents Flee Benue Community Over Border Crisis / Nigeria Meets Benin, Niger Over Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by skyblueking(m): 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
leathalbeast:
you have nothing but just a few rich people and many poor souls who loves boasting. You think dangote is rich it's means you are rich?

Wetin this one dey talk?
Who Dangote epp?
Was he not the one that feed the whole of Ghana last year?

You view Shatta Bundle abi na bandle as a god abi....
Buh here Dangote is just a successful businessman....get that!

I earn an average of #80k monthly...
Convert it to Ghana Cedis and see...
It will feed you for 6months i guess....

6 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by Topmaike007(m): 12:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
Who be Ghana self sebi na we get our border we can decide to do anyhow we like with it.....
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by klax(m): 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
leathalbeast:
why are you foools also crying about our decision? Deal with it

Hahahahaha who is fool me or your pained a s s
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by Xisnin(m): 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
Deepfreezer:
The borders should be permanently sealed off. I don't usually agree with some of PMB s decisions and policy, but you see this border closure has revived our economy and protected our nation in a way it has never been before. Let us be selfish a little bit.
Please provide evidence for the bold.
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by leathalbeast: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
kokomilala:
@lethalbeast,question is how much export do we even do at the minute? And,why are you saying Nigerians will be at home? I never said all Nigerians in the disapora should come back home.What I'm stressing is already taking form- the economies of these West African states are already at the sharp edge of things economically because of the closures. Market forces are at full flow.The demand for their goods are cut off.Isn't that a pointer to what Nigeria could do it finally lands its giant touch? If we ,for instance, pull out of ECOWAS.Who funds it anyway? Don't underestimate the domino effect Nigeria could trigger, if it pulls its plug on West Africa.
when I said Nigerians coming home I meant they being deported in large numbers from west African countries.

Yes Nigeria spends much to fund ecowas but ask yourself what ecowas really does for west Africans? The French west Africans countries depends on France more than ecowas.

Speaking again on ecowas, you Nigerians don't abide by the trade treaties, you practice trade protectionism. You prevent imports but you want to export.

Is that fair?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by maxiflexy(m): 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
Buhari is a very intelligent man, African free trade agreement, starts next year, and he shuts down border.
when we reopen border, Nigeria will become the largest Rice exporting country in the continent with other Agricultural exports, putting us in an advantage position in the era of free trade. GOD BLESS YOU BABA grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by leathalbeast: 12:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
Topmaike007:
Who be Ghana self sebi na we get our border we can decide to do anyhow we like with it.....
and we have our country and our laws so no petty trading for Nigerians in Ghana
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by Ademat7(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
popsy2:
Lol. We just starting.

I don't know who needs this but if you are In need of CAC company registration, Business Name registration, Trustees, NGO, NAFDAC number on your products etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng
The interesting part is that consultation is free of charge. Yes! Free of charge.

The universe has its way of rewarding us for our magnanimity.
Like how much for biz name?
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by RTSC: 12:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
They should also also send away our banks and silver bird cinemas.

Freaking small minded cuntss.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by RTSC: 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
leathalbeast:
and we have our country and our laws so no petty trading for Nigerians in Ghana
You better pray this does not get to the attention of all Nigerians.

By the time, we descend on your country, you would eat your useless laws for breakfast.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by 49cents(m): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
FemiMaduka:
We have no contiguous border with Ghana; no less than two countries separate us, so what is the fuss about?

The little orderliness that exists in Ghana is largely due to their small population, not because they are a very sane people. Some Ghanaian folks here have been making a lot of noise on GDP Per Capita; they conveniently forget the fact that it is within the same range as that of Nigeria that has a population seven times bigger. India has a GDP per capita that is even lower than that of both Nigeria and Ghana, but it is the 5th biggest economy in the world--bigger than that of The U.K., France, Spain etc.

About their stable electricity; the output from Egbin and Sapele power stations, working at full cycle ALONE, is equal to what Ghana actually produces in megawatts. You get the idea now.

Accra, their capital, is just at the level of Warri, a second-tier city over here.

If you ask their guys here to explain the reason for their persistent wailing on the closure of our own border, they would refer you to the ECOWAS Convention--a Convention they have never really honored; just look at the laws that they cited in the article [GIPC whatever], those laws are sharply in dissonance with the spirit of the ECOWAS Convention that they usually use as a ruse.

I say boldly that these guys are massively overhyped.

I only wish the Nigerians in Ghana return home and channel their energies into steering Nigeria out of the woods. I would really like to see what other joker Ghana would use to spite [as they think] us.

We are livid about the worryingly inappropriate level that Nigeria is, but we won't allow Ghana show itself at a parade it was not even invited, neither does it belong. Even in our sombre mood, we'd still remember that Nigeria has more satellites in space than any African country. Ghana can only start dreaming of a space program starting from 2090.

GHANA IS A VERY IMPOVERISHED COUNTRY and we do not give a flying Bleep about it.

Whatever happens to our borders will be wholely of our making.

QED.

This wan na seruous uppercut

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 08, 2019
OnlineSalesNG:
Same with you . Go over to these places and confirm . I lived in alakuko before we moved to a new area . There is a place there called ghana village because it is occupied by 80% ghanians . everything up to food, clothes, medcine etc is ghanian . if you are there you will think you are in ghana .
Might be true about alakuko I dont know.
But these two statements I'm SURE are utter crap.
"Come to port harcourt"
"If we retaliate, Ghanaians will feel it the most"
There is no predominance of Ghanaians any where in port Harcourt the way there are Nigerians in most Ghanian major cities. A few here and a few there at most.
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by RTSC: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2019
leathalbeast:
answer the question and stop deflating, will Nigeria survive an economic war with west Africa?
Nigeria is 80‰ of the economy in West Africa.

The question you should be asking is which country would be suicidal enough to go against Nigeria in the region?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by popsy2(m): 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ademat7:

Like how much for biz name?

It is as cheap as free. Kindly visit the website at www. Lawlab. Com. Ng and use the contact form.

Thank you.
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by zeeprince(m): 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
leathalbeast:
big brother my foot, big brother my asss, gone were obasanjo's time where nigerians used to help Ghanaians.

Nowadays come and see who will suffer most from a dispute. Just closing of stores in Ghana and you guys are crying what if we also decide to close our border
do u guys even have border? Wise up and stop offending ur GRANDMASTER

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by jeff1607(m): 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
leathalbeast:
when I said Nigerians coming home I meant they being deported in large numbers from west African countries.

Yes Nigeria spends much to fund ecowas but ask yourself what ecowas really does for west Africans? The French west Africans countries depends on France more than ecowas.

Speaking again on ecowas, you Nigerians don't abide by the trade treaties, you practice trade protectionism. You prevent imports but you want to export.

Is that fair?

Nigeria is well known to be a consuming (buying) country we hardly export much, most of the goods used here are imported.

is that fair?
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by surplusk: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
We can also close down illegal Ghannian shops here and deport them back to their country we have always been fair and be reasonable with this Ghanaian but they are taking it for granted. I don't even like the puff puff and the yoghort seller from the onset it is very illegal too.
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by JayPeeOham: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
The die is cast!!!

It's time for Nigeria and Nigerians to look inwards and harness the numerous potentials within this blessed country.

Let's stop depending on all this so called brother and sister nations. We can have everything we need with proper planning even without looking out the window instead of shouting GIANT OF AFRICA with little or nothing to show for it.

What do we expect when we practically depend on these "little" countries for almost everything. South Africa did theirs now small Ghana too dey get mouth!!! Mtttchhheeeewww!!!!

Anyways, "Elder wey roast corn with small children no go vex if those same children pour am ashes"

We have all it takes to be on our own as a Nation!!

Finally, Dear Ghanians, BOARDER CLOSURE REMAINS TILL FURTHER NOTICE!!! ....y'all get that into ya thick blaq skullz!

Lobatan!!!!!
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by chukel(m): 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jones4190:
Ordinary border closure. They trembled.
Benionise eyes became swollen. Ghanian President lost weight. Vietnam offers rice in discount rates.
Cameroon prays we could soft pedal. Togo is arranging a reconciliation committee. Ecowas releases ultimatum.
Thailand has ordered rice farmers to diversify while pressurizing us to reverse the gear. But we're not going back. So we told them.
Above are the parasitic entities. They exposed our loopholes and became pompous. They rake billions we should have made as import duty. They're now feeling the heat.
I didn't know Nigeria is this great. Sometimes, you've to let out your hidden insanity. And see who can stand your big head.
But that Jubril should be up for award. His political will is strange to this age. He woke Nigeria up, albeit very late, and at a time we revel in slumbering.
But we still boom with hope. And reflect a ray of optimism. Never doubt a children of potentials!
We woke up late to check our borders. But yet command respect. The neighbouring countries that damn Nigeria were now sleeping on roof of regression.
Let Ghana create another Alcoholic Republic for its Alomo Bitter. Togo and Benin should find another dumping ground for their illicit intakes.
Our pride is on the rise. We're picking up our image again. On ease of doing business, we get a fair rating. People of our own, we're getting them enrich.
We're taking toll on the smugglers. And the social vices. While we let our doubters quiver in fear.
Nigeria's destiny is in Nigerian hands. The quicker we realize. The better for us. This is one of the best times to be a Nigerian. The future is green
very apt. Made so much sense. Thank God we still have right thinkers.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by hammerD: 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2019
Ghana should calm down, it is just border closure.

We are still supplying dem gas, for electricity. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by hammerD: 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2019
I have a dream, dat the few Nigerians resident in Ghana will one day leave Ghana shops for them and come home.

I also have a dream, that Nigeria close their embassy in Ghana and come home.

Then, let us see wat reason, Ghanaians will have to be in Nigeria.

All done peacefully ofcourse.
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by hammerD: 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
See the dirty shops dat the Ghanians will not let us hear word.

If Ghanaians are not lazy, how did foreigner from China fly 20hrs arrive Ghana, locate and get into the shop in front of your house before you and the Ghanian landlord gave it to them.

U have no case, ur no different to south africa, who abuse people basic human right, just becos they are in your country.

It show Ghanaians are uncivilised, especially as Ghanians go to trade in other people country too.

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by timothydare(m): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2019
skyblueking:
Just imagine Ghana of yesterday....
Buhari has done a very good job...
We are the giants of Africa...
Lets set that right.....They are to be eating out of our own surplus and not the other way round....

We aint opening our border soon so Ghana should go to hell...
We may consider deporting every ghananian over here too.....

Good riddance to rubbish!
no smoke without fire
game on
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by Swanzi(m): 1:00pm On Nov 08, 2019
chivera018:
Since Buhari became a president this border closure is the best thing he has done.

Our neighbors should keep wailing, if Nigeria should start treating Ghanaian the way they treat Nigerians they won't survive it.

Shut up u have done ur worse and nothing will happen...
Ur border closer ain’t done sh..it GUTA only needed ur border closure as an excuse in order to deal with u finally ..nonsense
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by hammerD: 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2019
If I was to be presidential adviser to Buhari, I will take head count of all Nigerians in Ghana.

Next, I will construct market here in Nigeria for them and ask them to come home.

Then, i will recall our ambassador and close our embassy in Ghana.

I am known to do harsh and hard things, it is my character.

Then, all i do after dat, is look at Ghanians mission(embassy and consular) in Nigeria and the Ghanians that live in Nigeria.

I will not say anything to dem, or harm them, na jst look i go dey look them.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by ba7man(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2019
OnlineSalesNG:
There is a place known as ahmed way in alakuko Nigeria called ghana village . come and see your people there even mounting ghanian flags everywhere . Come to onitsha , edo state , portharcourt etc . if we retaliate , you people will feel it the most
There are few Ghanians here so deporting them won't create the necessary effect.

Nigerians in Ghana ought to liquidate their investments there and return en masse.

Our students too should do the same and vacate their universities.

Then they can have their country to themselves.

It's time to build ours.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
skyblueking:

Come....stop quoting me....
Are you feeding me?

Ghana should go and dance in hell....

As they dance in hell, U dance in ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by Naiira(m): 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
Thieves!
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by Swanzi(m): 1:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
FemiMaduka:
We have no contiguous border with Ghana; no less than two countries separate us, so what is the fuss about?

The little orderliness that exists in Ghana is largely due to their small population, not because they are a very sane people. Some Ghanaian folks here have been making a lot of noise on GDP Per Capita; they conveniently forget the fact that it is within the same range as that of Nigeria that has a population seven times bigger. India has a GDP per capita that is even lower than that of both Nigeria and Ghana, but it is the 5th biggest economy in the world--bigger than that of The U.K., France, Spain etc.

About their stable electricity; the output from Egbin and Sapele power stations, working at full cycle ALONE, is equal to what Ghana actually produces in megawatts. You get the idea now.

Accra, their capital, is just at the level of Warri, a second-tier city over here.

If you ask their guys here to explain the reason for their persistent wailing on the closure of our own border, they would refer you to the ECOWAS Convention--a Convention they have never really honored; just look at the laws that they cited in the article [GIPC whatever], those laws are sharply in dissonance with the spirit of the ECOWAS Convention that they usually use as a ruse.

I say boldly that these guys are massively overhyped.

I only wish the Nigerians in Ghana return home and channel their energies into steering Nigeria out of the woods. I would really like to see what other joker Ghana would use to spite [as they think] us.

We are livid about the worryingly inappropriate level that Nigeria is, but we won't allow Ghana show itself at a parade it was not even invited, neither does it belong. Even in our sombre mood, we'd still remember that Nigeria has more satellites in space than any African country. Ghana can only start dreaming of a space program starting from 2090.

GHANA IS A VERY IMPOVERISHED COUNTRY and we do not give a flying Bleep about it.

Whatever happens to our borders will be wholely of our making.

QED.

Yes so why don’t you leave Ghana for us, why do litter everywhere in Ghana ..?

NONSENSE..!!

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by centboy123456(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
skyblueking:

Come....stop quoting me.... Are you feeding me?

oga waiting happen na u Don Vex he never rech that levr na
Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by centboy123456(m): 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2019
skyblueking:

Re: Ghanaians Angry Over Border Closure! Order Nigerian Businesses To Leave Markets by centboy123456(m): 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2019
skyblueking:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

DSS Files Terrorism Charges Against Emefiele / Mwuese Mnyim Helps Husband On The Farm (Photos) / Celebrating 12 Nigerian Women Who Deserve A Place On The Naira Note (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.