Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:29 AM

Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance (9440 Views)

Flood Swallowed Vehicles In Sango Ota, Ogun State (pics/video) / Container Falls On Two Vehicles In Lagos. Passengers Feared Dead / Floods Carry Vehicles In Niger State After Heavy Rain.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by mrvitalis(m): 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
12 million if they all pay 120k tax for road ...Thats over 1.44 trillion per year in 5 years all our roads would be great

Amount spent on cars would drop so its a win win for all
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
So all those issuing fake ones cannot be traced and prosecuted?

1 Like

Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by UCyril: 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2019
Xisnin:

Use them before critiquing them.
Insurance companies actually pay.
including Niger insurance that ve refused to pay me after 3 years saving policy that ended march 2019. These insurance company are just Scam

1 Like

Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by ednut1(m): 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
edoziebobbyyahoocom:

How much did you pay as insurance?
first year 55k. Second 38k
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by UCyril: 4:37pm On Nov 08, 2019
ednut1:
i have claimed 35k( was hit from behind) and 80k(new bumper, paint and side body work) in 3 years from my insurance company. Use reputable ones not mushroom.
how do we know reputable one if a company like Niger insurance are busy defrauding people. They are yet to pay me my 3years savings which ended march 2019. No customer's care no valid email address

1 Like

Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Yodexy: 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
BarrSly:
Can I get insurance for a bike I bought for my dispatch business? I’ve been to Leadway but they are not serious people their agent at the office keeps telling to come next week

Yes you can. I'm an insurance marketer for Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc. We will give you the best rates, kindly chat me up on 08148041937
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Yodexy: 4:43pm On Nov 08, 2019
salbis:
I pay insurance every year on my car when renewing my papers, but i never claim anything. May be na audio insurance company i'm paying to.

The VIO's job ends after he pockets your insurance money.

That's why you need to buy your insurance from a staff like myself, who is very traceable when you want to make claims.

Kindly chat me up on 08148041937 .

Ayo MUTUAL BENEFITS ASSURANCE PLC

1 Like

Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Yodexy: 4:47pm On Nov 08, 2019
UCyril:
how do we know reputable one if a company like Niger insurance are busy defrauding people. They are yet to pay me my 3years savings which ended march 2019. No customer's care no valid email address

You are partly at fault, you need to know your account officer very well. He is the one to process your money at maturity.

That's the benefit that all my clients enjoy. They don't need to leave their offices.

I collect premiums monthly, deposit it on their behalf, and give them their payment tellers. At maturity, I also bring them their claim forms.

These days, i hardly market our products, it's my clients that recommend my services to their loved ones. I just go there and close the deal.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Contumely: 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:
Problem is for us, we only get the insurance to avoid hassles from FRSC and VIO without knowing the real benefits. You’ll see motorists involved in a collision trading punches rather than getting insurance details.

Third Party works! You can claim up to 900k on repairs if you are involved in a collision with a third party insurance holder. 900k is the maximum on this kind of insurance. This is the least cover you can get and it costs 5k. You are better off buying it online from a reputable insurance company of your choice. You are not compelled to buy it from VIO!

Third party fire and theft gives you more cover and protects you from loss due to fire and theft.

Then you have comprehensive cover that covers loss to your car and damages to a third party.

You are better off approaching a broker directly than buying from VIO!
A broker like which coy now?
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by UCyril: 5:12pm On Nov 08, 2019
Yodexy:

You are partly at fault, you need to know your account officer very well. He is the one to process your money at maturity.

That's the benefit that all my clients enjoy. They don't need to leave their offices.

I collect premiums monthly, deposit it on their behalf, and give them their payment tellers. At maturity, I also bring them their claim forms.

These days, i hardly market our products, it's my clients that recommend my services to their loved ones. I just go there and close the deal.

my Niger insurance agent don't answer my calls again, I ve equally call all the phone numbers on their website no response ,I ve even reported them to naicom but for the past 2months naicom ve not replied me. Next step is to report them to EFCC
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by jeff1607(m): 5:16pm On Nov 08, 2019
ednut1:
i have claimed 35k( was hit from behind) and 80k(new bumper, paint and side body work) in 3 years from my insurance company. Use reputable ones not mushroom.

Care to share the name of your insurance company?
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by nams77: 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
UCyril:
Sorry you had an ugly experience with niger. Due diligence would have saved you
You can do with these guys.
FBN insurance
Axa mansard
Lead way
Cornerstone
Aiico
Mutual benefit

1 Like

Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Yodexy: 5:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
UCyril:
my Niger insurance agent don't answer my calls again, I ve equally call all the phone numbers on their website no response ,I ve even reported them to naicom but for the past 2months naicom ve not replied me. Next step is to report them to EFCC

Take your policy document to their head office. Let them know that your policy is mature and you are there to file a claim.

Someone will attend to you, make sure you get his/her number to do follow up. They are always super busy, if you don't follow up. It won't be treated.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by bonnyhope: 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2019
ednut1:

Oga which insurance company do you use?
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Enyimbamercedes: 5:40pm On Nov 08, 2019
Contumely:

A broker like which coy now?

Any of your choice- Leadway, Cornerstone, AIICO or better still visit their websites and purchase your insurance from their websites
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by webngnews: 6:10pm On Nov 08, 2019
Lol
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Contumely: 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:

Any of your choice- Leadway, Cornerstone, AIICO or better still visit their websites and purchase your insurance from their websites
k tnx
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Yodexy: 6:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
Contumely:
k tnx

After buying online. When it's time to make claim and you can't reach anyone, I hope you won't open a thread about how all insurance companies are scam.

Kindly learn from others mistakes
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by DelTel(m): 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2019
Enyimbamercedes:
Problem is for us, we only get the insurance to avoid hassles from FRSC and VIO without knowing the real benefits. You’ll see motorists involved in a collision trading punches rather than getting insurance details.

Third Party works! You can claim up to 900k on repairs if you are involved in a collision with a third party insurance holder. 900k is the maximum on this kind of insurance. This is the least cover you can get and it costs 5k. You are better off buying it online from a reputable insurance company of your choice. You are not compelled to buy it from VIO!

Third party fire and theft gives you more cover and protects you from loss due to fire and theft.

Then you have comprehensive cover that covers loss to your car and damages to a third party.

You are better off approaching a broker directly than buying from VIO!

You are right, but it's #1m not #900k.

VIO don't and shouldn't sell anything including insurance. VIO and other security agencies should only ensure compliance and enforcement.

All Insurance should be purchased from reputable insurance company licensed by the insurance regulator NAICOM.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by DelTel(m): 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
Yodexy:

With all due respect sir/ma, you shouldn't be collecting premium in cash from your clients, please avail them your insurance company bank details to pay themselves via cash deposit or transfer. I am sure that it is even clearly written on all insurance companies Proposal Forms.

An insurance policyholder does not need any marketer or account officer to process a claim, what if the marketers/account officer no more works with the insurance company.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by otokx(m): 7:36pm On Nov 08, 2019
Even the genuine 5000 3rd party insurance we do, it is hardly honoured when you hit someone else.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Bukden16(m): 8:13pm On Nov 08, 2019
adecz:
grin

Less than sef!!

Who wan go dey talk long English of
go come of Insurance companies? cool

Mhen... diz guy is really catching cruise.

Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Orpe7(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
In Ibadan about 2m cars dont have insurance, vehicle papers and driver license
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by vineyardfarms: 8:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
INSURANCE COMPANIES IN NIGERIA ARE ORGANIZED CABAL CRIMINALS ESTARBLISHED TO DUPE THE VEHICLE OWNERS.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by ehinmowo: 8:50pm On Nov 08, 2019
oz4real83:
For the 2.5million that have insurance policy, how many of them gets compensated when accidents occur? That's when stories will start pouring out from the insurance companies.

Insurance is not like before in Nigeria where someone use his house as insurance company and dupe people. Just like people where using the house as bank in those days.

Failure to pay claim is one issue insurance companies fear above all else now. However, they become happy when you default in paying your premium beyond the agreed grace period and you have crisis that requires claim. They will gladly call your bluff.

assurance or life insurance however requires about 90 days before the claim can be paid. An insurance professional once told me about how a mother and wife brought death certificate of an insured to claim his money. During the 90-day window, the husband (or son) who had travelled outside the country came back.

PSS: Don't work for insurance companies in Nigeria. na modern slavery.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Yodexy: 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2019
DelTel:

With all due respect sir/ma, you shouldn't be collecting premium in cash from your clients, please avail them your insurance company bank details to pay themselves via cash deposit or transfer. I am sure that it is even clearly written on all insurance companies Proposal Forms.

An insurance policyholder does not need any marketer or account officer to process a claim, what if the marketers/account officer no more works with the insurance company.

I made sure that they all have a copy of all our bank details on their mobile phones, but I've come to discover that they like seeing me bring their tellers monthly.

They feel more secure knowing that I'm always within their reach. Some even joke about it�. Genuine trust is what keeps us going on the job.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Philthe1st: 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
Dear reader, never take insurance for granted.

I wonder how people go to pay 1K, 2k.. for fake insurance certificate when you can get a genuine one for 5K. A fake certificate provides you no cover.

It's largely due to

1. ignorance.
2. Trust

IGNORANCE
Many don't know how powerful the third party insurance certificate they have is. I'll just help with a summary here.

Your third party certificate provides you cover on damages caused to a third party. A third party here means anybody you cause damage to while driving as long as that person isn't in your own car...

The third party covers the three losses that can occur to a third party while you drive: these are:

1. Third party property damage: damage to vehicle or any other third party's property.
Limit is a Million Naira for most companies. (Some companies place the limit at 2M).

2. Third party bodily injury:
Injury to a third party while you drive.

Limit: unlimited.

3. Third party death
Death to a third party as a result of your driving.

Limit: unlimited, but reasonable.

Note that the third party is the minimum cover required by law in Nigeria. It doesn't cover your own vehicle, neither does it cover bodily injury to you or occupants of your car.

1 Like

Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Philthe1st: 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
If you want a cover for these, then you'll need a Comprehensive policy.

A comprehensive motor policy covers:

1. Accidental damage and loss to your own vehicle: by fire, accident, theft...

2. Third party property damage, bodily injury, or death.

3. Personal accident to you (medical expenses) or occupants of your car, up to a limit.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Philthe1st: 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
TRUST:
Finally, in the area of trust, yes, reputable insurance companies still pay claims promptly. I work in one and i can assure you you will be well treated.

Insurance contract is a legal contract, and if you keep your side of the contract, the company has no option but to settle you, as long as your claim/loss is genuine. If they don't, you're free to report such companies to Naicom, or even sue them to court if need be.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by Philthe1st: 10:20pm On Nov 08, 2019
Finally, if you intend buying an insurance policy in a reputable insurance company, kindly indicate interest or send me a PM.
And you needn't be afraid of being scammed. You'll pay into my company's account BTW, not my personal account.
Re: Out Of 12m Vehicles In Nigeria, Only 2.5m Have Genuine Insurance by DelTel(m): 10:22pm On Nov 08, 2019
Yodexy:

I made sure that they all have a copy of all our bank details on their mobile phones, but I've come to discover that they like seeing me bring their tellers monthly.

They feel more secure knowing that I'm always within their reach. Some even joke about it�. Genuine trust is what keeps us going on the job.

How then do you get to convert new prospects when you visit same particular clients every month.

The insurance contract is between the insurance company and policyholder, you as an agent is not a party to the contract. Cash collection under any guise or intent is frowned at, not only for insurance premium and financial institutions transaction, but all corporate institutions with proper risk management framework.

I want to believe your company organizes AML/CFT training for you guys, have you ever attended?

Are you also aware that a large percentage of the unresolved complaints against insurance companies not fulfilling their obligations to policyholders emanated from non-remittance of contributions (payment) by some agents who collected cash from policyholders just like you are doing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas / Europe By Land, A Suicide Mission! / How To Succeed As A Man In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.