Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Can Urine Be Use To Cure Convulsion In Children? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Urine Be Use To Cure Convulsion In Children? (521 Views)

My Husband Asks For Cloth I Use To Clean Up After Sex – Wife Tells Court / The Effects Of Urine On Poison And Charm / HOW TO CURE STAPH INFECTION WITH COCONUT OIL & RAW HONEY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Urine Be Use To Cure Convulsion In Children? by Izzyovercomer: 1:29pm On Nov 08, 2019
I was going to work this morning, reaching at a popular junction in my area, I saw people clustered around. I drew near to have a glimpse of what was going on. I saw a woman sitting down on the pavement of a gutter looking down casted and sobbing as she was trying to revive her unconscious baby (2 -3yrs old).

As this was going on, almost every one there was telling her to give the baby urine to drink to stop the convulsions and she will be resuscitated. A particular lady was responding to the people that the baby had drank urine. Another lady chipped in and suggested that the baby should be given the mother's urine. Meaning that the baby has been forced to drink urine from a stranger and should also take another dose of urine. Immediately I heard that the baby has drank urine I felt like beating everyone there. To think that they are forcing the mother to give the baby more urine made me to go gaga.

To mothers and medical practitioners, does urine cure convulsion in children?
Re: Can Urine Be Use To Cure Convulsion In Children? by ahnie: 1:57pm On Nov 08, 2019
I just pity that child.

Onions, stainless spoon and ,palm kernel oil does the comeback speedily.

Or better still take the child to the nearest hasibiti(hospital)
Re: Can Urine Be Use To Cure Convulsion In Children? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
Izzyovercomer:
I was going to work this morning, reaching at a popular junction in my area, I saw people clustered around. I drew near to have a glimpse of what was going on. I saw a woman sitting down on the pavement of a gutter looking down casted and sobbing as she was trying to revive her unconscious baby (2 -3yrs old).

As this was going on, almost every one there was telling her to give the baby urine to drink to stop the convulsions and she will be resuscitated. A particular lady was responding to the people that the baby had drank urine. Another lady chipped in and suggested that the baby should be given the mother's urine. Meaning that the baby has been forced to drink urine from a stranger and should also take another dose of urine. Immediately I heard that the baby has drank urine I felt like beating everyone there. To think that they are forcing the mother to give the baby more urine made me to go gaga.

To mothers and medical practitioners, does urine cure convulsion in children?

Not a Doctor, but it seems unlikely. Urea, the main component of urine, is a waste product toxic to human being if ingested in large quantity.
Re: Can Urine Be Use To Cure Convulsion In Children? by Izzyovercomer: 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
Oshigun:

Not a Doctor, but it seems unlikely. Urea, the main component of urine, is a waste product toxic to human being if ingested in large quantity.

Yeah. I read one therapeutical book condemning using urine for whatever therapy. The author lamented that urine is poisonous and shouldn't be used as health remedy.
Re: Can Urine Be Use To Cure Convulsion In Children? by Quirekoon: 2:25pm On Nov 30, 2020
Dangerous myth.

(1) (Reply)

. / “three Generations Of Beauty” Meet The Leading Ladies In Lolo’s Life / Emotional Story Of How American Family Changed The Life Of A Ghanaian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.