Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? (27736 Views)

How Do You Seek Entry Level Job At The Age 30? / Lady In Tears After Reducing Her Age To Get A Job She Qualified For With Her Rea / WAEC 2019 Job Recruitment (25 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by GREATESTPIANIST: 10:50am On Nov 09, 2019
nairalanduseles:

See how foolish you sound now.....the same OP has removed it ....next time stay off my mention......silly vulcanizer
Lagbaja, ebu sii poo lenu re, o je rora

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 09, 2019
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn. Blur that your name or niggarrrs will bomb you before evening. But the age on that certificate is different from the one you stated. Are you a niggarrr or a female?

As a real niggarrr that i am
I would say changing your age will will fuckkk you up overseas. When ever you decide to travel and do something useful there. Probably Education things.

I would advice you to calm down
Let me tell you a secret woman
What will be will be
Don't rush anything when the time comes and when the time is right it will happen

Continue with that age woman
You are who you are
Their approval is not needed
See ehnnnnn sometimes this life get as he be. Wetin go happen go still happen

My interviewer once aske me if i smoke
And i said yes but i smoke the other one. And still my name was on the list of people employed

But for now i might say to you as a real niggarrr
Just do some bombings with updated tools and format and change your IP ( internet protocol)
Women are even good in bombings than niggarrrs

I think it is the mod that added the result. It is not even Nigeria result
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by PrincessGift(f): 10:57am On Nov 09, 2019
nairalanduseles:

Common sense would have told you to stay off .......na your family be omo ale
common sense would have told u to recheck ur words before posting or pasting grin grin grin
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 09, 2019
nairalanduseles:
How foolish can u be ....pasting your original certificate with your name here.....this place is full of frauds ....wise up and delete asap
Bet you some don put your name on Facebook search already
take it easy on me. It is the mod that added the result not me. Between you you don't seem to read before you place judgment. I stated that I am 29 and the age on that waec 32 can you see the difference?
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 09, 2019
Grupo:

What other achievement is far more than money and power?
ask most of the rich in our society if they actually enjoy it. Ask if their family, children, health are making them happy. Some would prefer that all the wealth should go and they have good health. A local adage, culled from the bible says... Iwa bi olorun pelu itelorun, ere nla ni. Meaning GODLINESS (doing things right, not falsifying your age or committing fraud of any kind, not sinning, loving your neogbours as yourself, fearing etc) with contentment is great GAIN( sound health, peace of mind, happy family, comfortability, etc)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by mechanics(m): 11:28am On Nov 09, 2019
Don't try it o, it will affect you in future especially if one want to join the service, there are many ways to catch dubious people, even if you change your age, your academic record in your school will show you are actually 30 and not 29.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by stanliwise(m): 11:37am On Nov 09, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
The mistake you did is by not reducing your age before writing Waec.

That reminds me of my friend that used to brag about his age back then in school, i told him the implication of him using his real age, it was when he was denied NYSC that he valued not using a real age. He can't even apply for some jobs cus of age restrictions ,went to do affidavit but its too late
No implications. Afterall
Buhari is using official Age without implications on him, why will changing of age have implications on you if you do the same wisely.

Op ,after 13 years of writing Waec ,you're still seeking for job and now ,age is now the barrier, sorry oh. Government should cancel NYSC and empower graduates with a reasonable money, come to think of the money used in camping corpers, feeding, uniform , allawee and paying NYSC staff

I don't think there is any least age.
People are serving at 18
Like having SSCE @ 14, some @ 13.
Depending on how fast you gain admission and how fast the higher institution is
Not true, age of getting into the University is 16 and above.
it is called NYSC meanings National Youth..... So 21 is the minimum age anyone should be doing NYSC
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by DenreleDave(m): 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2019
Offpoint:

grin It only cost 1k, till further notice... I remain 22cheesy

Pls where can I do it?
My dad went to do 1992 for me instead of 1993.

I knew I am 1993 bcox my brother is 1995 and he has his own certificate..... I am 2 years old than him. But my birth certificate says 1992...

How can i get another one of 1993

So na even you sef, off point
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by DenreleDave(m): 12:14pm On Nov 09, 2019
kestolove95:
U better go and marry

U be mumu.. He shud go and marry, as if u can marry someone with no job

If u don't have any meaningful thing to say, just shut up and scroll
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Offpoint: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
DenreleDave:

Pls where can I do it?
My dad went to do 1992 for me instead of 1993.

I knew I am 1993 bcox my brother is 1995 and he has his own certificate..... I am 2 years old than him. But my birth certificate says 1992...

How can i get another one of 1993

So na even you sef, off point
Which state you dey?
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by OgogoroFreak(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
dayo2me:
I would like everyone to contribute to this topic.

I am 29 years old, by next month I will turn 30. But I am not happy that I am turning 30 with nothing to show for it.

There are lots of job opportunities out there for 26 years old applicants only, if you are 27 you will not be considered. Even the outsourcing firms are on this age restriction too. I went to an outsource firm last month for job. One of the guys that work there checked my credentials and said 'you are 30, I told him I am 29 not 30' thinking there could be a chance for me to get immediate attention. The guy told me, there is an IT(information Technology) interview tomorrow which I would have sent your credentials to the HR but your age is against you. I was sad about this.

Now, my question is, "would there be any penalty for age reduction"? I am using WAEC and you know what that mean. I am planning to go to court for age affidavit.

Your contributions is paramount here. Thanks
Even if you claim to be 12 it doesn't change the fact that you've lived for 30 years and have nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by DenreleDave(m): 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
Offpoint:
Which state you dey?

Lagos
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Even if you claim to be 12 it doesn't change the fact that you've lived for 30 years and have nothing to show for it.
Yes, it will give me a chance to get job. Right now I am really desperate. No money to even buy food that's why I feel like given it a try and see if it work out.
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Offpoint: 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2019
DenreleDave:

Lagos
Bad Market I no dey operate Lagos
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Grupo(m): 12:26pm On Nov 09, 2019
fairfora:
ask most of the rich in our society if they actually enjoy it. Ask if their family, children, health are making them happy. Some would prefer that all the wealth should go and they have good health. A local adage, culled from the bible says... Iwa bi olorun pelu itelorun, ere nla ni. Meaning GODLINESS (doing things right, not falsifying your age or committing fraud of any kind, not sinning, loving your neogbours as yourself, fearing etc) with contentment is great GAIN( sound health, peace of mind, happy family, comfortability, etc)

Remember, I don't support age falsification. I mentioned that earlier.

However, what should stop doing is attributing everything to non existent spiritual consequences.

According to you, rich men who falsified their age don't enjoy their wealth because they endure I'll health.

I must say you are a joker. Do poor men enjoy good health and peace of mind? Even amidst their poverty and "uprightness"

1 Like

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2019
kestolove95:
U better go and marry
Really? Oya let's go to court for marriage na. I don't have a job your advice for me is marry in poverty.

Are you single and searching with good pay job?

If your answer is yes, let's marry next Saturday or Wednesday.
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 09, 2019
Grupo:

Remember, I don't support age falsification. I mentioned that earlier.

However, what should stop doing is attributing everything to non existent spiritual consequences.

According to you, rich men who falsified their age don't enjoy their wealth because they endure I'll health.

I must say you are a joker. Do poor men enjoy good health and peace of mind? Even amidst their poverty and "uprightness"
It all depends on how you describe or your criteria of being poor or being rich. Money and material things are not always yardsticks for riches or wealth as many may see it.

My grand father was a peasant farmer, who couldn't even recite ABC. But in his time, he lived uprightly. He didn't even have a car but from his farm proceeds, built a mansion which housed him and his 3 wives and children. He trained all his children well. Led a healthy life and departed at a very ripe age. Now to you or someone else, he was a poor man because he didn't have more than one house, no cars, no millions of naira in his accounts...but his children were well educated.
We have such category of people in millions in Nigeria today who are happier and more fulfilled yet, they're not rich. The main reason our society is this bad is because we don't fear God anymore. We don't follow the due process. We manipulate everything, including our age. Many want to get wealth or positions desperately. Only 20 percent (or even less) of our leaders are clean. They keep going abroad for treatment when they got the health illegally. Most of our politicians including Tinubu, buhari, Obasanjo, etc falsified their age. You can imagine Buhari's younger sister being older than him grin. Obasanjo is older than prof soyinka who used to call the former an egbon( meaning an elder bro) whilst in the secondary school yet, soyinka is in his early 80s whilst obj is claiming 79.

It wasn't me who said age falsification wasn't good but a trusted man of God whom you might now of mentioned. He wuited the scriptures to back his claims. If you falsify your age, it doesn't mean you wouldn't be rich or successful but there's every grave consequences behind it. God who created you knows the plan of your life and when you should be at where. He can never make mistakes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by henrykaimaife: 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
Just go and swear an affidavit once it's done everything as regard your real age is cancelled. Then proceed and register that DOB on affidavit with national population commission once it's done birth certificate will be issued to you. But the implications is that you can't change the age again so I advice you start with 23 or 25. Goodluck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by toboy: 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
I have no answer to this but one thing is for sure. Such falsification will haunt you all your life even when you get a job. You will be working in hiding which may affect your peace of mind unless you are sociopath. Also you risk beeing fired if your company dicovers it. I'll advise if you reduce your age like in a job application to get a job, tell the HR the truth once you start working and explain your situation.
Age can be a good thing too depending on how you present it. Cuz with older age comes with maturity and valuable life experience. I don't know your past experience but you can highlight those in your CV and cover letter. It's about the value you bring to the company not necessarily the age.
Mind you such falsification will be a problem if you ever want to travel out of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by toboy: 1:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
henrykaimaife:
Just go and swear an affidavit once it's done everything as regard your real age is cancelled. Then proceed and register that DOB on affidavit with national population commission once it's done birth certificate will be issued to you. But the implications is that you can't change the age again so I advice you start with 23 or 25. Goodluck
you know well the implications of this and yet you encourage the OP to go ahead. Have you asked op if he has siblings. Does it mean he would be younger that his siblings which he was older than before. What about his primary school leaving certificate that might have another age in it. I hope you will be here to provide solutions to him when problems arise from it.

1 Like

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Grupo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 09, 2019
fairfora:
It all depends on how you describe or your criteria of being poor or being rich. Money and material things are not always yardsticks for riches or wealth as many may see it.

My grand father was a peasant farmer, who couldn't even recite ABC. But in his time, he lived uprightly. He didn't even have a car but from his farm proceeds, built a mansion which housed him and his 3 wives and children. He trained all his children well. Led a healthy life and departed at a very ripe age. Now to you or someone else, he was a poor man because he didn't have more than one house, no cars, no millions of naira in his accounts...but his children were well educated.
We have such category of people in millions in Nigeria today who are happier and more fulfilled yet, they're not rich. The main reason our society is this bad is because we don't fear God anymore. We don't follow the due process. We manipulate everything, including our age. Many want to get wealth or positions desperately. Only 20 percent (or even less) of our leaders are clean. They keep going abroad for treatment when they got the health illegally. Most of our politicians including Tinubu, buhari, Obasanjo, etc falsified their age. You can imagine Buhari's younger sister being older than him grin. Obasanjo is older than prof soyinka who used to call the former an egbon( meaning an elder bro) whilst in the secondary school yet, soyinka is in his early 80s whilst obj is claiming 79.

It wasn't me who said age falsification wasn't good but a trusted man of God whom you might now of mentioned. He wuited the scriptures to back his claims. If you falsify your age, it doesn't mean you wouldn't be rich or successful but there's every grave consequences behind it. God who created you knows the plan of your life and when you should be at where. He can never make mistakes.

The only consequence is that your employer might find out and sack you. Apart from that, no other known consequence.
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by toboy: 1:22pm On Nov 09, 2019
. Op Before taking the lying route, I recommend trying something positive. Write a sincere post asking for help. Highlight that your getting 30 with no meaningful sustainable for your living and that your worried about it. Also mentioned your skill set and educational background, if any. Hopefully some Nigerians around will offer you sth. Ask the moderator for help in moving it to front page just as they did for this one. Some people have done this in the past and were lucky to get a good job. You can try other social media platforms as well. Remember! Be open-mindes , confident and humble Good luck!

1 Like

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by toboy: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
Grupo:

The only consequence is that your employer might find out and sack you. Apart from that, no other known consequence.
my dear are you a lawyer? What if the company sure him as well?I am not a trained lawer but Falsification of age, and swearing a false afidavity in a lawcourt can be a great offense.
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by toboy: 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2019
fairfora:

We have such category of people in millions in Nigeria today who are happier and more fulfilled yet, they're not rich. [s]The main reason our society is this bad is because we don't fear God anymore[/s]. We don't follow the due process. We manipulate everything, including our age. Many want to get wealth or positions desperately. Only 20 percent (or even less) of our leaders are clean. They keep going abroad for treatment when they got the health illegally. Most of our politicians including Tinubu, buhari, Obasanjo, etc falsified their age. You can imagine Buhari's younger sister being older than him grin. Obasanjo is older than prof soyinka who used to call the former an egbon( meaning an elder bro) whilst in the secondary school yet, soyinka is in his early 80s whilst obj is claiming 79.

you made superb points about happiness vs wealth untill you brought in God. You said is bad because we no longer fear God. I find this fallacious. Otherwise, explain when our society was ever good because we feared God?. Also, if you ever get to live in some other part of the world that are not religious, you find out the world does not really revolve around religion anylonger. People don't really need the fear of God before they can use thier head to understand Falsification is wrong.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
toboy:
. Op Before taking the lying route, I recommend trying something positive. Write a sincere post asking for help. Highlight that your getting 30 with no meaningful sustainable for your living and that your worried about it. Also mentioned your skill set and educational background, if any. Hopefully some Nigerians around will offer you sth. Ask the moderator for help in moving it to front page just as they did for this one. Some people have done this in the past and were lucky to get a good job. You can try other social media platforms as well. Remember! Be open-mindes , confident and humble Good luck!
Thank you for this advice. I will just try it. Just that the way some nairalanders think scares me so much that I would like to give it a thorough thought of it. I will give it try, though.
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2019
henrykaimaife:
this is a great idea. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by OgogoroFreak(m): 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
dayo2me:
Yes, it will give me a chance to get job. Right now I am really desperate. No money to even buy food that's why I feel like given it a try and see if it work out.
But what about your 30 years old face? You can't change that, can you?

1 Like

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by opribo(m): 2:52pm On Nov 09, 2019
In Naija, no database no record it's ok but abroad you can't try that sh1t.

1 Like

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Ruggedpen: 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
lanreabbey:
I have reduce 3 years already from my age...
Bros be smart reduce it get the job then after making money to get married, have children they can drag u anywhere, if by chance you make big money, you can hire SAN to defend yourself and move on, a lot of politicians doesn't have waec self but they make money through politics by entering there with forge cert. The law is for the poor and the less connected people once you make the money use it to buy immunity.

1 Like

Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Legendguru: 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jail
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2019
PrincessGift:
really So u can't be above 30 n still serve?

Well, 30 is the maximum age. Once you're above 30 you'll be given a certificate of exemption or something like that.

Some people still go for service sha even when they are older than 30. You know how Naija be now.
Re: What Are Implications Of Reducing Age As Against The Age On WAEC Certificate? by toboy: 4:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
dayo2me:

Thank you for this advice. I will just try it. Just that the way some nairalanders think scares me so much that I would like to give it a thorough thought of it. I will give it try, though.
. Ah! Kilode this guy self �. I admire your soft heart, but yo! You've got to be a go getter sometimes to get what you want. Why should you give a damn about what some Nairalanders think when your main goal should be to get a help YOU need.
At times you need to be positively selfish just for once, Don't send any fucking useless body! put YOURSELF first. You've made a great step by identifying you need to establish yourself cuz of your age. Some people in Nigeria don't even realize this untill they are 40. And they become fool forever in thier life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Answer The "Why Do You Want To Work Here?" Question In A Job Interview / Hello N'landers, As A Job Seeker Would You Take This Salary For A Start? / I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.