Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg (43153 Views)

Benue Youths Wash The Ground As Buhari Leaves Makurdi, Burn Brooms / Buhari Leaves Abuja For New York With Wife, Aisha (Photos) / President Buhari Leaves Nigeria For China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by alaira(m): 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
[b][/b]
festacman:
Surprising that Bloomberg fell for this mischievous narratives inspired by the opposition. In US, does the Economic Advisory Council advise Pres. Trump or VP Pence? The answer says it all.

It is important to emphasize that the influence, which VP Yemi Osinbajo enjoyed and exerted during first 4 years in office was largely due to Pres. Buhari's ill-health and loyalty. It is this influence that people are mistaking today as convention rather than conscious concession. Let's face it. How influential was VP Jonathan under Pres. Yar'adua or VP Sambo under Pres. Jonathan. Pres. Obasanjo who conceeded too much to VP Atiku regretted it. I am sure while sincere supporters moan on his behalf and mischievous haters display their mockery, VP Osinbajo will remain grateful to Pres. Buhari for that rare 'freehand' opportunity, which endeared him to Nigerians and catapulted his political worth.

The fact remains that in Presidential System of Government, the VP is an appendage of the President. The President is the executive Head of Government and Commander-in-Chief. This is captured in the constitution. I am sure that as someone who taught and practised law, VP Osinbajo knows his place. It is so in United States from where we borrowed the system.

Now, take a look at what some former United States VPs said about the post they once occupied:

“I am not in a leadership position. I am supporting the president. He can exert the leadership and I can support him.” — Nelson Rockefeller, the 41st vice president

The vice presidency is “not worth a bucket of warm piss” and “the worst damn fool mistake I ever made.” — John Nance Garner, the 32nd vice president

“The vice presidency is the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived.” — John Adams, the 1st vice president

“Look at all the vice presidents in history. Where are they? They were about as useful as a cow’s fifth teat.” — Harry Truman, the 34th vice president

“I would a great deal rather be anything, say professor of history, than vice president.” — Theodore Roosevelt, the 25th vice president

"You shut the door, you tell the boss exactly what you think. But when the door opens, the job of the vice president is to stand right next to the president and implement the policy that he's decided. And I'm prepared to do that. - Mike Pence currently serving as the 48th vice president of the United States

“I do not propose to be buried until I am really dead.” — New Hampshire Sen. Daniel Webster, on rejecting an offer to be future President William Henry Harrison’s running mate in 1839

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by EvilPOTATO(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
jayfolarin:

It's time for mass protests guys. Mass Civil disobedience! Mass disruptions! It's time!
hhHHHH@HA
OYO
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Yusman316(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

Many of those Vice Presidents you quoted went on to become President.
Why do most people have problem with comprehending simple facts, yet won't ask for explanation? Did any body say the people u mentioned are not relevant or important. The point was the office of the vice president they held was not really significant in the true sense of the word
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by angelEmade: 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2019
Enemyofpeace:
are you still coming tonight as discussed?
lol you wanna spoil my repu. and u can't do more than two rounds....
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by ud4u: 9:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
undecided
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by OBku4(m): 9:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

Your epistle is needless

Na em u come post another epistle? angry
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
jayfolarin:

Ode, you said I should go protest and I told you I was already. You are pained because not everyone is a spineless toad like you who can't even confront their simplest fears, needless say stand for something for the society.

Leeching off humanity but giving nothing back. You should be sacrificed to sango olukoso
[/s]

Osunbade's aides have been sacked, yemi himself may be next. So save ur keyboard rants for that time.

Meanwhile odumakin and other yoruba leaders dont even care about yemi. Pray that the cabal would be gentle with him. Especially for being an obedient errand boy...

Stay tuned for more updates...
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 09, 2019
obailala:
You want him to resign because some people in the presidency are trying to sideline him?... And then what next? You and several detractors lurking around would rejoice and rejoice at the supposed 'downfall' of one of your supposed enemies?

And probably again, after he resigns and the cabal appoints say, Elrufai as VP, you and your ilk again would increase the volume of the wailing festival saying PMB dropped a Pastor and picked an Imam as deputy?

Very funny set of humans.

Yemi has always been an audio VP, he never commanded the powers of a real VP. The cabal always ordered him around.

Whether he resigns or not, the fact is that yemi is powerless - he has no say. He would continue to serve the interests of the cabal.

Thats how he got the names - mere commissioner, errand boy etc.

He cant even defend his faith, so most christians wont give him the support he desperately needs now. Even his brothers (odumakin & co) dont care about him.

He was warned, yet he signed up for it.
He must face the consequences.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Omotaday(m): 12:27am On Nov 09, 2019
maynation:
The same jagaban who recommended Osinbajo for VP is now using fulanis against him just for an unrealistic 2023 presidential ambition. Is this the sophisticated politics Ooduwans are known for?

Yoruba ero nu o.
What a crap.

This kind of comment should not be coming from that person on your Dp. Stick to romance or joke section please.

- - - - - -
And Nigerians are crazy people. Everyone is a political analyst. Yemi this, Tinubu using Fulani, Fulani using Yemi, Fashola using Buhari, what crap?

No rational thinking. bleeped-up country.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Enemyofpeace: 4:19am On Nov 09, 2019
angelEmade:
two rounds? Na food? You wan kill me? If I do 15 to 20 seconds i don come, e don do me be that. I no wan die on top of you
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by obailala(m): 4:20am On Nov 09, 2019
DontBeStupid:

Yemi has always been an audio VP, he never commanded the powers of a real VP. The cabal always ordered him around.

Whether he resigns or not, the fact is that yemi is powerless - he has no say. He would continue to serve the interests of the cabal.

Thats how he got the names - mere commissioner, errand boy etc.

He cant even defend his faith, so most christians wont give him the support he desperately needs now. Even his brothers (odumakin & co) dont care about him.

He was warned, yet he signed up for it.
He must face the consequences.
Oga keep your advice to yourself; Yemi doesnt need it. You desperately want to see him fight his boss, so you can roll out your drums and dance in jubilation over his downfall when shit hit the fan, you simply want to see his downfall, the downfall of 'your enemy'. But he's smarter than that, YES he's smarter than you and will not do anything stupid which you want him to.

Meanwhile he has achieved far more than you can ever achieve in your life no matter how hard you try to belittle him. Every discerning adult knows that the powers of VPs are very very limited, not just in Nigeria, but also in places like the US where we copied our presidential system of government. Everybody knows VPs are more like ceremonial appendages of the presidency whose authority is purely dependent on whatever the president chooses to assign to him. Yet you want him to challenge the president and to what purpose?

Yes he's a weak man, he's a mere commissioner, he's a sissy boy, call him whatever you like. That notwithstanding, Yemi remains one of the most active VPs Nigeria has ever produced; that explains why he's always on the news and why his name is always on the lips of his pained God forsaken haters. If you doubt it, honestly tell me whether you ever heard the name of GEJ or Sambo when they were VPs....

And by the way, true Christians still have regard for him and pray for him daily; it's only jealous demonic bile filled haters who hated and never supported him from day 1 that still dont regard him till date (no need to act like the disregard started today; that faćade is too clear). If it pains anyone so bad that Yemi wouldn't yield to your evil plans to go fight his boss (of which your true aim is to see his downfall), biko go hug a transformer.

I wish I could like this comment below more than once.
festacman:
Surprising that Bloomberg fell for this mischievous narratives inspired by the opposition. In US, does the Economic Advisory Council advise Pres. Trump or VP Pence? The answer says it all.

It is important to emphasize that the influence, which VP Yemi Osinbajo enjoyed and exerted during first 4 years in office was largely due to Pres. Buhari's ill-health and loyalty. It is this influence that people are mistaking today as convention rather than conscious concession. Let's face it. How influential was VP Jonathan under Pres. Yar'adua or VP Sambo under Pres. Jonathan. Pres. Obasanjo who conceeded too much to VP Atiku regretted it. I am sure while sincere supporters moan on his behalf and mischievous haters display their mockery, VP Osinbajo will remain grateful to Pres. Buhari for that rare 'freehand' opportunity, which endeared him to Nigerians and catapulted his political worth.

The fact remains that in Presidential System of Government, the VP is an appendage of the President. The President is the executive Head of Government and Commander-in-Chief. This is captured in the constitution. I am sure that as someone who taught and practised law, VP Osinbajo knows his place. It is so in United States from where we borrowed the system.

Now, take a look at what some former United States VPs said about the post they once occupied:

“I am not in a leadership position. I am supporting the president. He can exert the leadership and I can support him.” — Nelson Rockefeller, the 41st vice president

The vice presidency is “not worth a bucket of warm piss” and “the worst damn fool mistake I ever made.” — John Nance Garner, the 32nd vice president

“The vice presidency is the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived.” — John Adams, the 1st vice president

“Look at all the vice presidents in history. Where are they? They were about as useful as a cow’s fifth teat.” — Harry Truman, the 34th vice president

“I would a great deal rather be anything, say professor of history, than vice president.” — Theodore Roosevelt, the 25th vice president

"You shut the door, you tell the boss exactly what you think. But when the door opens, the job of the vice president is to stand right next to the president and implement the policy that he's decided. And I'm prepared to do that. - Mike Pence currently serving as the 48th vice president of the United States

“I do not propose to be buried until I am really dead.” — New Hampshire Sen. Daniel Webster, on rejecting an offer to be future President William Henry Harrison’s running mate in 1839

1 Like

Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:36am On Nov 09, 2019
Yusman316:

Why do most people have problem with comprehending simple facts, yet won't ask for explanation? Did any body say the people u mentioned are not relevant or important. The point was the office of the vice president they held was not really significant in the true sense of the word

I will agree with you if you can prove that those men could've become President without first being Vice President.

What I mean is, being VP might not be so useless in their lives after all, if it got them the popularity and exposure that got them elected President.

No need for the slurs, you and I don't know each other. Why not be civil?
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by ChoCho54(f): 6:21am On Nov 09, 2019
festacman:

Lamentations of buroda Taju!

Nigerian VPs have constitutional roles.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 09, 2019
[s]
obailala:

Oga keep your advice to yourself; Yemi doesnt need it. You desperately want to see him fight his boss, so you can roll out your drums and dance in jubilation over his downfall when shit hit the fan, you simply want to see his downfall, the downfall of 'your enemy'. But he's smarter than that, YES he's smarter than you and will not do anything stupid which you want him to.

Meanwhile he has achieved far more than you can ever achieve in your life no matter how hard you try to belittle him. Every discerning adult knows that the powers of VPs are very very limited, not just in Nigeria, but also in places like the US where we copied our presidential system of government. Everybody knows VPs are more like ceremonial appendages of the presidency whose authority is purely dependent on whatever the president chooses to assign to him. Yet you want him to challenge the president and to what purpose?

Yes he's a weak man, he's a mere commissioner, he's a sissy boy, call him whatever you like. That notwithstanding, Yemi remains one of the most active VPs Nigeria has ever produced; that explains why he's always on the news and why his name is always on the lips of his pained God forsaken haters. If you doubt it, honestly tell me whether you ever heard the name of GEJ or Sambo when they were VPs....

And by the way, true Christians still have regard for him and pray for him daily; it's only jealous demonic bile filled haters who hated and never supported him from day 1 that still dont regard him till date (no need to act like the disregard started today; that faćade is too clear). If it pains anyone so bad that Yemi wouldn't yield to your evil plans to go fight his boss (of which your true aim is to see his downfall), biko go hug a transformer.

I wish I could like this comment below more than once.

[/s]

Nothing changes, yemi still remains a powerless audio vp. you are pained that the loyal errand boy is being humiliated this way, your painment never even start.

some bastards have been threatening fire and brimstone should yemi's ordeal continue.
FOOLS, nothing will happen if the cabal thrash osunbade. Keyboard warriors can't even organise a simple protest to show their support - COWARDS!!!

osunbade must carry his cross, the christendom he betrayed doesn't care... Even odumakin and other key yoruba voices dont care about osunbade.

osunbade would now know that dining with the devil has consequences. The awolowo treatment is real... tongue

Stay tuned for more updates, I will notify you...

#AwolowoTreatment
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:33am On Nov 09, 2019
Where's that DuxofMen dat was forming first hand info yesterday?
You people will just be saying what you don't know as if na you and bubu be dey run things
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by supercase1(m): 8:12am On Nov 09, 2019
festacman:

B4 u quote and support ur master!!!!!! Take a look at the level of development of your quoted country and the your kwontry nigerriya grin
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by okefrancis: 8:30am On Nov 09, 2019
You people are mischievous and treacherous, how could you expect him to handover to his deputy since he won't stay 21 days in London, tben the bill taking to him for signing by Abba Kyari is nothing
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Yebosola(m): 8:41am On Nov 09, 2019
hisexcellency34:
Why is Osinbajo so desperately holding on to power? I thought the Bible said all is vanity?

U do well, is that how your saviour Goodluck Jonathan resign when the cabal were tossing him up and down, was is not the same southwest that stoop up for him? Are u so young to remember history? Let people who knows history tell you what and who was convener of SAFE NIGERIA GROUP and PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE was then. Lazy youth grin
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Yebosola(m): 8:45am On Nov 09, 2019
obailala:
You want him to resign because some people in the presidency are trying to sideline him?... And then what next? You and several detractors lurking around would rejoice and rejoice at the supposed 'downfall' of one of your supposed enemies?

And probably again, after he resigns and the cabal appoints say, Elrufai as VP, you and your ilk again would increase the volume of the wailing festival saying PMB dropped a Pastor and picked an Imam as deputy?

Very funny set of humans.

Not only funny, they are full of hate, their is, if I can't have it, nobody should, senseless and myopic set of people. They will wail & wait tire.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Shooyie: 8:48am On Nov 09, 2019
He can't handover power to his VP and we all know why that is? Its clearly stated in the constitution, he is not going for upto 21days. Plus, he has been representing the President like in Niamey, Niger for the extraordinary summit of head of states. So, i really don't understand what the talks are for.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Yebosola(m): 8:51am On Nov 09, 2019
ojuu4u:
The man that forced Buhari to do right
things at least 70% in first term. Senator Saraki was largely condemned. Buhari I knw is not Democrat and not truly love the nation called Nigeria, he is a tribal bigot and he only interested in northern Nigeria. He was the only Nigeria leader that choosed another northerner who is Muslim like him in multi religions and ethnicities nation, he almost did the same thing in second opportunity to be Nigeria's leader.

Fat lie, Saraki never have the interest of the Nation at heart, he was just playing the PDP script (Saboteur within) to pave way for total take over, not knowing that nobody is a custodian of wisdom and ruthlessness (Politicians Vocation). I beg talk something else.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Arubajagz: 8:59am On Nov 09, 2019
The VP is not in a contest of supremacy with his boss. All this drama is for idle minds.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Yebosola(m): 9:01am On Nov 09, 2019
festacman:

MAY YOUR DAYS B LONG, MAY YOUR INK NEVER DRY, INSTEAD OF THE LAZY YOUTHS TO READ, THE WILL START ATTACKING THE MESSENGER. WHERE WERE THEY WHEN GEJ WAS BEEN KICK AROUND THEN, NO SINGLE VOICE FROM OUR BROTHERS FROM THE EAST, TILL TUNDE BAKARE 'S GROUP TOOK THE GAUTLET.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by obailala(m): 11:28am On Nov 09, 2019
DontBeStupid:
[s][/s]

Nothing changes, yemi still remains a powerless audio vp. you are pained that the loyal errand boy is being humiliated this way, your painment never even start.

some bastards have been threatening fire and brimstone should yemi's ordeal continue.
FOOLS, nothing will happen if the cabal thrash osunbade. Keyboard warriors can't even organise a simple protest to show their support - COWARDS!!!

osunbade must carry his cross, the christendom he betrayed doesn't care... Even odumakin and other key yoruba voices dont care about osunbade.

osunbade would now know that dining with the devil has consequences. The awolowo treatment is real... tongue

Stay tuned for more updates, I will notify you...

#AwolowoTreatment
Oh, so this is even a comment from one of the Nairaland tribal clowns?.... Okay sorry bro!... Yes Osunbade is a powerless audio VP and he's suffering and he and his tribesmen are being taught a sweet lesson. Yaaay!!
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 09, 2019
obailala:
.... afonja, awolowo, diya, abiola, sowore etc. Why do they keep treating us like this? OMG!!!

Keep quiet and wait for the next update, I promise to keep you posted.

#AwolowoTreatment
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Yusman316(m): 12:59pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

I will agree with you if you can prove that those men could've become President without first being Vice President.

What I mean is, being VP might not be so useless in their lives after all, if it got them the popularity and exposure that got them elected President.

No need for the slurs, you and I don't know each other. Why not be civil?
Sorry for that. Bill Clinton, W. H. Bush jnr, Barrack Obama, Donald Trump and many others were never vice presidents yet became presidents. What do u say to that?
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by lagdmark(m): 1:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Osinbanjo is now the laughing stock of the world

Just imagine the caption of this write up by Bloomberg
"Buhari leaves deputy looking weak".

This is really shameful .
But we knew that Osinbajo is very weak, they reduced the poor star boy to dull boy.
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Collyno82(m): 1:12pm On Nov 09, 2019
jayfolarin:

This boy is a tribal bigot and would want you to think the reason his mother gave birth to such deformity is because of the yorubas. Ignore him

Back to the topic: buhari and his cabal are destroying Nigeria with their non stop unconstitutional actions. They must be stopped!

If they can do this to the vice president, imagine the damage they can inflict do your powerless loved ones when they feel like it.

It's time for mass protests guys. Mass Civil disobedience! Mass disruptions! It's time!
remember Sowore
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
Bros how far?
obailala:
Oh, so this is even a comment from one of the Nairaland tribal clowns?.... Okay sorry bro!... Yes Osunbade is a powerless audio VP and he's suffering and he and his tribesmen are being taught a sweet lesson. Yaaay!!
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by iCauseTrouble: 11:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
angelEmade:
2 rounds no try? cool
Re: Buhari Leaves Deputy Looking Weak Amid Nigeria Succession Talk - Bloomberg by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2019
Bros how far
You no dey answer my greetings
Wetin happen na?
obailala:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Southeast, South-south Governors To Recreate Old Eastern Region / Buhari Orders Immediate Payment Of N30,000 Minimum Wage / Why I Didn’t Anoint Osinbajo Or Any APC Presidential Aspirant – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.