Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body (3807 Views)

I Wanna Have A Child Now And I'm Not Married, I Jus Wana Be A Father / If I Know She Was Married I Couldn't Have Done It. / She's Married: I Stil Want Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by hatemybody: 6:43am On Nov 16, 2010
i'm wondering if i would ever get married? from my hair to my toe, i don't like it. even when i was supposed to go for nysc, i did not go. i have scars all over my body. my legs are filled with mosquito bites and some scars. my top body is filled with marks too. Then my armpits are dark.
please no criticism but honest help. i am scared i may not marry or it might be hard.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by toosexy1: 7:02am On Nov 16, 2010
you are the only one who can build your confidence, if you don't feel good about your self no one will. here are some little help i can give;

1. look for a good spa to start pampering yourself, who knows, you may regain your facial beauty(although you didnt tell me if you are beautiful or not)

2. take your bath several times daily as water is also known to be good for skin glow

3. drink plenty of water several times a day

4. eat plenty of fruits and vegetables

5. get a good moisturizing cream and body oils

for your armpits

1. don't leave it to become bushy before shaving, shave every week and use a nice deodorant every day

wink well, i don't know if these helps
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 16, 2010
. .  undecided r u deformed in anyway?? . . u do hav lik . . . u kno, two legs,arms,mouth all body parts in d right proportion n complete dont u. . . soo your problems now are d scars and black spots?? n u think its d end of d world?

Lady. . .do u eva take a good look around u every day?. . . n tel me honestly havnt u eva thank God that your situation is not as worse as another u've seen?. . . lov yourself/your body first honey. . . cus thats the first step towards healin. . . then eat n live healthy. . .free your mind of all doubt that som one dislik u for u(let them hate). . . laugh in the face of scorn and bitterness,(after-all arent u wonderfully n fearfully created by God). . . then go get you som of em wonder body cream. . .(cant recommend cus am not good wit that but hopfully someone on here will) u can see a doctor too(dermatologist)

. . . n to think u said u skipped goin for your NYSC jus cus of skin probs(i actually find that hard to bliv)

If your story is true. . . bless your heart for u will indeed get married if u hav good character,n if story untrue>>> angry angry angry

Why let thoz mosquitoes at u anywayz?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by edlion57(m): 7:25am On Nov 16, 2010
one man's meat is anoda man's poison.all gals dey pretty it depends on hw u maintain urself
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by hbabe(f): 7:27am On Nov 16, 2010
Of course you will get married if you want to. Its not only the most beautiful girls that get married sometimes you see really ugly ladies with wicked body type get married to rich handsome guys. Marriage is definitely more than physical beauty.

Too Sexy has give you great tips and in addition I will say show off or draw attention to your personal body assets. If you have great boobs wear clothes that emphasize them, if you have a great bum then flaunt it, likewise beautiful eyes, graceful neck, lovely nose etc. Look at your features individually and pick out the best. Those should be flaunted while the not so great ones should be 'hidden'; like your legs with marks/spots is not for mini skirts or short gowns until you have done something to improve your skin.
Always dress well, be neat, have a fresh breath, work on getting your teeth white and sparkling; work on your carriage, your voice, cooking skills, manners, friendliness etc. So many things make up a woman, work on getting at least 60% right.
The most important is build your self confidence and be friendly and approachable. No one is too ugly to get a partner. Get self confidence, be friendly, be aware of your sexuality, love the woman you are, be neat etc and the right guy for you will come.
Let me know if you need more tips; one on one counselling can also be arranged online.
Be good and go get them. Ciao!
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by Dyt(f): 7:35am On Nov 16, 2010
U want us all 2 pity u abi?
Smh
u beta jump up n b laughin
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by potency: 7:36am On Nov 16, 2010
U people shld nt mind dis poster. Do u people reply 2 every post even wen it dosnt make sense?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 16, 2010
/\
i
i
u think it doesn't mak sense eh?? . . .uhmmmm
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by googles: 7:54am On Nov 16, 2010
Nothing will work for you even if you go the "mercy johnson German skin wash" style . . .except you learn to love and believe in yourself.

low-self esteem and self-hate are your greatest enemies. . .it will always prick you and remind you of how ugly your body is

accept your self and change dat down-attitude of yours abeg !

1 Like

Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by hbabe(f): 7:54am On Nov 16, 2010
It made sense or we won't have what to reply to. She may have exaggerated but I am sure some people are passing through similar situations; not extreme as in missing out NYSC.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by Madukaele(m): 8:02am On Nov 16, 2010
show ur pic b4 i comment
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by snthesis(m): 8:02am On Nov 16, 2010
^^doubt if she's tellin d truth.
Common hw did she complete Uni? But den again I remembered chics have to be in shorts and tees, so I guess dats were her fear comes from.

@OP- listen to googles
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by Woke4all(m): 8:21am On Nov 16, 2010
Picture pls,
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 16, 2010
Lets go back to the re-known saying "beauty is only skin deep" every word of it is true. Somebody out there Will sees the beauty in you whether it be eternal or external. As tired as you are of hearing this, beauty is not so much abt external appearance, it has to mostly resides in charm, a great personality etc. Think abt Kate Moss for example, the model of imperfection, with uneven teeth, uneven complexion etc. Yet she is one of the most desirable women alive. There is so much and I mean so much more to life then how you look.

And do you seriously want to be with someone who only wants you for you looks? Not every guy go for looks. Maybe the ones you have come across, but that cus they're immature and most of them have one thing in their mind: to get laid. You always have to be confident in yourself. If you don't love yourself who will?
beside not everyone is born with the perfect body/face everyone has atleast one negative feature that they don't find appealing. But what happends if you have the most ugly legs? does the world comes to an end? NO! What if you have the biggest nose in the world, does that make you less human bloody hell no.
The point I'm trying to make is we are all special and we were all created for a reason. And my darling marriage is much more than look. I know when we are in our teenage years all we care abt is hot guys/girls popularity and offcourse our own looks but when you mature and pass that age, I mean when you hit reality, you will be like "how silly was i" A real man will look deep down in a woman, he will look pass your skin to find your true beauty. Do not even worry abt finding a husband, go on with your life as normal, have confidence in yourself and enjoy life.

And you are beautiful darling I said so. I'd still say so even if I was to see your pic.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by Mygoldie(f): 9:33am On Nov 16, 2010
too sexy:

you are the only one who can build your confidence, if you don't feel good about your self no one will. here are some little help i can give;

1. look for a good spa to start pampering yourself, who knows, you may regain your facial beauty(although you didnt tell me if you are beautiful or not)

2. take your bath several times daily as water is also known to be good for skin glow

3. drink plenty of water several times a day

4. eat plenty of fruits and vegetables

5. get a good moisturizing cream and body oils

for your armpits

1. don't leave it to become bushy before shaving, shave every week and use a nice deodorant every day

wink well, i don't know if these helps

good advice ,but dont you think its too late for all this,becos it obvious the poster is not a young gal,hence she is worried about getting married, my advice to you poster is that you should be proud of urself no matter how you look like or feel like,cos if you don't love yourself,no one will love you. FACT!
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by toosexy1: 9:41am On Nov 16, 2010
Mygoldie:

good advice ,but dont you think its too late for all this,becos it obvious the poster is not a young gal,hence she is worried about getting married, my advice to you poster is that you should be proud of urself no matter how you look like or feel like,cos if you don't love yourself,no one will love you. FACT!

what do you mean its too late? did you mean it's too late for her to get married or for her to start taking steps in appreciating herself and looking beautiful

whatever its not late even if she is in her forties, if she is determined.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by Mygoldie(f): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2010
too sexy:

what do you mean its too late? did you mean it's too late for to get married or for her to start taking steps in appreciating herself and looking beautiful

not the marriage part,but the skin condition, you know its gonna take ages, so its better she accept her looks and move on to the next level. cool
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by toosexy1: 9:51am On Nov 16, 2010
Mygoldie:

not the marriage part,but the skin condition, you know its gonna take ages, so its better she accept her looks and move on to the next level. cool

the scars may be too late but the spot she has as a result of bites can fade away to a reasonable extent if she can get a good fading cream.

@poster, see a dermatologist for great help!
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by abioila(m): 9:53am On Nov 16, 2010
googles:

Nothing will work for you even if you go the "mercy johnson German skin wash" style . . .except you learn to love and believe in yourself.

low-self esteem and self-hate are your greatest enemies. . .it will always prick you and remind you of how ugly your body is

u just stole ma torts.lmao@ d mercy johnson german skin wash.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by abioila(m): 9:54am On Nov 16, 2010
googles:

u just stole ma torts.lmao@ d mercy johnson german skin wash.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by Moralistli(m): 10:07am On Nov 16, 2010
Geez!!! wail no more baby girl, 4 i and few of ma men never mind, we luv em ugly and pretty gals equally, afterall most of d atutupoyoyos have tight,clean and sweet kitten, lol
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by denzel2009: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2010
Body Dysmorphic Disorder can mess up your life. Please read this article to see how you can change your perception.

http://www.medicinenet.com/body_dysmorphic_disorder/article.htm#tocb

'If you change the way you look at things,the things you look at changes' - Forgottenthepersonnow.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by MrCork26: 11:09am On Nov 16, 2010
hatemybody , madam send me yo naaaked picture so I can inspect it, I give gooder advise (trusss me) tongue
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by jaybee3(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2010
Have u ever been asked out on a date?
Surely you must have other things going for you so flaunt what you got and let us get all excited about you. You have to be confidence to overcome your somewhat understandable shallowness.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by JOKYTECH(f): 11:27am On Nov 16, 2010
@ OP, to me from what u ve counted, u are not even ugly, scars, mosquito bites, dark ampit, abegi, beta wake up or else u would sleep all through ur life. The only problem u have now is low self esteem. Ma baby girl, I ve seen ugly girls, when I say ugly I mean wugly.

Back then in school, there is this girl in my hostel that every body both girls and boys can confess that she is very ugly, big head, big eyes, big nose, big mouth. She even knows that she is ugly. But do u know what? she has carriage and she can package herself so much that u would even forget that she is ugly. Irrespective of her ugly looks, she has nice boobs, so thats what she carries and she is this very social type that goes everywhere so, she became friends to many people.

So baby girl, come out, look for the most interesting part of u and flunt it. If u dont like make ups before, try some mild ones, get some cool clothes, change ur looks including ur hair styles, go out and mix up with people ( start by calling some of ur old friends ), and above all always look at urself and the mirror and say 'I am beautiful'
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by freecocoa(f): 11:57am On Nov 16, 2010
Wow!you must really hate your body to even take the phrase as ur username,u've been told pretty much everything,i remember my mum used to tell my siblings and i that no matter how bad we think wateve we are passing through is,we should bear in mind that someone else is passing through something worse(in orther words,you are beta dan someone out there),dear beauty is beyond the surface,beauty can get the eyes but personality wins the heart so its not all about the physical appearance,learn to love urself and build ur self esteem,urs is just scars and spots,what about people who are physically challenged or deformed?u should be thankful dat you are even alive and just like Guiness says there's a drop of greatness in every man so cheer up and live life cos its beautiful just like you are,only you've not looked beyond the surface to see this.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by SALady(f): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2010
@Poster depending on your age really at some point in your life you have to go through this phase. We've all been there and it happens during puberty/adolescence. This is a stage we all most over conscious about ourselves and nothing is ever good enough.

However, if you are past adolescence then I'd say you need to work on your self esteem more 'cos at some point in your life you going to have to accept yourself just the way you are, otherwise nobody else will.

Find things you are really good at and do them often and try to improve on them daily, they make a good confidence booster.

Remember you are going to be carrying this body around for the rest of your life, are you then planning to stay unhappy for that long?
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by omotundemi(f): 1:02pm On Nov 16, 2010
@poster wot more is thre 2say,pls change ur tinkn 1st,even d bible says out of d abundance of d hrt d mouth speaks. U re beautifully and 1ndafully made,regardless of ow u look,u didnt say ugly u said skin,so its nothn u cant work on but 1st change ur inferiority complex mentality,be proud of urself then get to work on ur skin. I culd help wit some secret but 1st i av to tel u its a local stuff dat i av bein using 4a while,i share wit frnds,who cant help but ask wetin u dey use,its affordable,perfect 4 a cleanser and skin protection. If u re willing to give it a trial,u wont finish a tousand 5 and u ll put it 2geda wit ur hands. I use it myself and my skin has remain clean,perfect,soft and to say d trut,i love my skin. Send me a mail at omoeda2010@yahoo.com and i ll reply u wit wot and ow to make ur own reliable,local,beauty soap.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by 190: 1:08pm On Nov 16, 2010
ROTFLMFAO,

Gollum don crace enter nairaland from lord of the rings ooh!!
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by ds700(m): 8:30am On Nov 17, 2010
SERIOUS ISSUE, IT CALLS FOR SERIOUS ADVICE, THIS IS WHY SOME FOLK COMMIT SUICIDE.

@ Poster, You are wonderfully made, pls take note.
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by rahjan: 2:53pm On Nov 17, 2010
beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so let people get to know the real u but u first hve to love ur self becos if u dont people can sense it.
try the ff exercise every morning:
look in a mirror and say to ur self aloud ''i completely love and accept myself just as i am''
repeat this affirmaion every morning.
little by little ur percieved flaws wud start to look inconsequential.
this is the beginning of the healing process
Re: Will I Ever Get Married? I Hate My Body by amurx(m): 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2010
Dnt discourage urself rather encourage,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Romance Section: Who's Your Crush Of The Week? (6th Edition) / My Boyfriend Made Me Feel Like A Prostitute / 5 Things Every Guy Needs To Know About Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.