Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,725 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF (23246 Views)

Dangote Becomes $20m Wealthier, Maintains Spot As Africa’s Richest Man / Border Closure: List Made In Nigeria Products / Border Closure: Kasapreko Company limited Loses Millions Of Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by JJOF(m): 7:53am On Nov 09, 2019
J2381:
I honestly don't know why this IMF of a people can't mind their business. Why can't they stop sniffing the unwashed underwear of African countries.
What do you think the "International" in IMF stands for? Abi you no know the meaning of IMF?
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by J2381: 7:54am On Nov 09, 2019
JJOF:

What do you think the "International" in IMF stands for? Abi you no know the meaning of IMF?
meaning it's being bank roll and sponsored by who/whom?
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by JJOF(m): 7:55am On Nov 09, 2019
Wickedtruths:

The person you quoted is not a Nigerian. He is a citizen of one of those less fortunate African villages called countries.

You keep supporting smugglers because Atiku your fulani master is a thief who got married to his wife who was a smuggler. Even at that, he has had sense to shut up while you've been making noise up and down.

Slavery for you isn't a choice, you have made it a full time occupation. I just hope you find redemption before it's too late.
Is the problem with the borders being open, or with our customs?
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by JJOF(m): 7:57am On Nov 09, 2019
alexola20:
They are always pained whenever they see an African country on a growth/development path.
Always remember a stable and develop Africa will be at the detriment to Europe and very disastrous too.
Pls don't tell me the "African Country" you are referring to there is Nigeria?
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Bluntemperor: 7:58am On Nov 09, 2019
IMG is an elite institution,established to pass death dosages to many 3rd-World Countries like Nigeria.How on earth do they get statistics that Benin-Republic economy is better than Nigeria.Recalled that when they gave your daughters -President of World Bank,their is hidden death trap embedded in their promises.Babangida started it with 2nd Tier Exchange Rate and the following day that he introduced this deadly pills,what Nigerians used to buy at N1000 jumped in price to N15,000.Since then we never recovered.IMF,pls,carry your wahala go.God Bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Kingspin(m): 8:00am On Nov 09, 2019
seunlayi:
I m not against this border closure but the suddenness. Many people goods where caught the transit, goods bought with loans, supplied on credit, etc A timely notice would have help many not to fall into their present distress and nobody is even willing to come to anybody aids. Even vehicles used in transportation were caught outside our borders as they begin to rust.

Whatever, it has happened already, let us move forward in the new other of the day. Let our custom men rise to the occasion because their negligence led to this situation.
Because it was not done in good fate.

They will open the border someday you will realize nothing has changed for Nigeria
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by loswhite(m): 8:01am On Nov 09, 2019
Snowkel:
why do I feel IMF is pained
why do I feel that alot of Nigerians are dumb....border closure is affecting Nigerians and ppl come online to claim like it has no effect on them
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by mauriceju2(m): 8:04am On Nov 09, 2019
If you know how many European companies that are selling cars in Benin and their major customers are Nigerian you understand the impact,
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by loswhite(m): 8:04am On Nov 09, 2019
udoka55555:
The border closure is a welcome development... To me it should be closed for 5yrs...... Let anyone that want to do business come to Nigeria and invest.. You can't be calling a country corrupt when your entire economy depends on it.

Guys this is an opportunity to make millions..

Agriculture will flourish.... Chicken will be very expensive this December.... Don't keep your money in the bank... Go and invest in something.
This is exactly why ppl prefer to import than to buy made in Nigeria...the only thing In our Nigerian brothers brain is exploitation and quick money
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by JJOF(m): 8:05am On Nov 09, 2019
J2381:
meaning it's being bank roll and sponsored by who/whom?
Nobody forced any African country to join IMF.
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by loswhite(m): 8:06am On Nov 09, 2019
Guyman02:
E be like this border closure follow dey pain IMF, even though I don't like Buhari but the fact that western financial services are worried means that there could be something tangible coming out of this harsh decision coupled with his visit to Russia and handing over Ajaokuta Steel to them.

Let's hope that Boko Haram does not deploy new tactics soon, when America failed to topple the Syrian government of President Assad using ISIS Al Nusra, FSA etc because of Russia sudden intervention, Trump came out openly recently to declare that US is in Syria for her oil.
Meanwhile Obama, CNN, BBC etc have been telling us for years that it is to bring Freedom and democracy to Syria.

IMF destroyed our economy by convincing IBB to do Structural Adjustment Policy (SAP) now they have been hovering around again.
Buhari should stand his ground on this one.
the economy was destroyed by this same buhari before IBB came into power
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by johnmba: 8:06am On Nov 09, 2019
JJOF:

Why? Is it because other Nations are "begging" us to open our border, or because it's of benefit to us?

The latter
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by OgboAto: 8:12am On Nov 09, 2019
I’m much more concerned about my people in Ketu, Sabe, Popo & other Yoruba towns out there. Yoruba people should learn to disregard border partition and colonial identity, we should remain one strong nation across borders & flags. Don’t be deceived the Hausa & Fula across west Africa do not give two flucks about colonial identities & partitions. They migrate to trade, hold political posts & settle freely among their own people in different West African states.

Let us all be guided abeg.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by alaira(m): 8:16am On Nov 09, 2019
princeogbeide1:
Let the boarder remain closed. Benin republic has a population 11.18 million. Nigerian imports gave birth to their customs. If not for Nigeria, Benin Republic could have still been struggling in their stone age.
THANKS FOR STATING THE FACT. grin grin
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Reffone: 8:18am On Nov 09, 2019
We are the ones that need that country all this nonsense u peepz be saying be hurting peepz like me cause I feed from the boarder, I say that again yet like every boarders in the world illegal shits goes down daily depending on who is in charge but my point is to this extend this neighboring countries get ur point give them time to set up it won't happen over night December dey reach and there is till not yet flow of cash, problem here problem there men dey turn to crime u can hate speech all u Want but my brother men are dying and there is still no change talk more of next level

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by princeogbeide1(m): 8:18am On Nov 09, 2019
sylve11:

Jesus! I thought i was the only one o. Funny enough, the post was liked by his types or his other accounts.

@ op, anyhow Nigerians takes the border closure as torment on the Beninese or as a measure for Nigeria to better her economy; two things are certain, Benin will always look for ways to strengthen her economy, and i can't say same for Nigeria. cool

Abi
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by loswhite(m): 8:19am On Nov 09, 2019
murmee:
Exactly! IMF does not like Nigeria at all. Imagine IMF telling Nigeria remove fuel subsidy instead of telling us to refine our crude oil to avoid paying subsidy on imported petroleum. IMF will support anything that negatively affects our country because Nigeria's Pain is IMF Gain!
So IMF will be the one to tell you to refine your own crude...smh. Nigerians deserve bad leaders because even the citizens are just terrible
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by surgical: 8:19am On Nov 09, 2019
loswhite:
why do I feel that alot of Nigerians are dumb....border closure is affecting Nigerians and ppl come online to claim like it has no effect on them
Do you observe that majority of the supporters of this government supports this government for the same reasons irrespective of whom the victim is, be it opposition, the Nigerian people or a foreign country
They behave like sadist,envious and evil people
The more pain the government gives the more they applaud,they are always looking at how successful their government is by the amount of havoc it can cause and justifies it and are usually sad when the victim overcomes
Please take time and read their comments and see their inner being,they are despicable,nigeria is doomed if such people are the majority

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by naijacentric(m): 8:24am On Nov 09, 2019
Guyman02:
E be like this border closure follow dey pain IMF, even though I don't like Buhari but the fact that western financial services are worried means that there could be something tangible coming out of this harsh decision coupled with his visit to Russia and handing over Ajaokuta Steel to them.

Let's hope that Boko Haram does not deploy new tactics soon, when America failed to topple the Syrian government of President Assad using ISIS Al Nusra, FSA etc because of Russia sudden intervention, Trump came out openly recently to declare that US is in Syria for her oil.
Meanwhile Obama, CNN, BBC etc have been telling us for years that it is to bring Freedom and democracy to Syria.

IMF destroyed our economy by convincing IBB to do Structural Adjustment Policy (SAP) now they have been hovering around again.
sir are u saying boko is a western agenda to weaken us?

2 Likes

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by engrchykae(m): 8:27am On Nov 09, 2019
Snowkel:
is the useless French that is impoverishing francophone countries.
I don't know why Africans can't yank off colonial stranglehold on her economy

2 Likes

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by engrchykae(m): 8:31am On Nov 09, 2019
Guyman02:

now that the west is pained,a moronic traitor like Atiku will now go to the west and asslick them to support his presidential ambition.
That's how ibb ran after imf and the west when buhari refused to borrow money from imf in imf terms.
They supported ibb to topple buhari.
Buhari ran after them when gej refused same sex marriage.
Now Atiku will follow the cycle
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by babyfaceafrica: 8:42am On Nov 09, 2019
Myhusband:
Goods are still smuggled in from their country to Nigeria so why won't they maintain good economy. 20 new jeep passed ikorodu/itamaga axis on Wednesday night I'm sure they're smugglers that brought them in

I doubt if Nigerians can survive if another country try to invade us. The border is just too vulnerable
the borders are not vulnerable.... the jeeps you saw(if true)..people allowed them!!!..in this life,money rules,
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Coldie(m): 8:42am On Nov 09, 2019
princeogbeide1:
Let the boarder remain closed. Benin republic has a population 11.18 million. Nigerian imports gave birth to their customs. If not for Nigeria, Benin Republic could have still been struggling in their stone age.
This is not right. Why looking down on them
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by johnmattew: 8:48am On Nov 09, 2019
imf of lies...if Ghana is suffering the heat,why won't Benin Republic suffer more as their economy is dependent on revenues from import duties

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by johnmattew: 8:49am On Nov 09, 2019
Snowkel:
not only u o

2 Likes

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Guyman02: 8:49am On Nov 09, 2019
naijacentric:
sir are u saying boko is a western agenda to weaken us?
Yes, in cahoots with northern elites then. But it has gone out of control of the North, the West can take out Shekau if they want like they did to Al Baghdadi

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by johnmattew: 8:51am On Nov 09, 2019
Guyman02:

Russians built ajaokuta steel plants......so the reason for giving them the go ahead

1 Like

Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Guyman02: 8:52am On Nov 09, 2019
loswhite:
the economy was destroyed by this same buhari before IBB came into power
Buhari/ Idiagbon did well and instilled discipline in the system. IMF didn't like that, but Buhari is still a tyrant
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Guyman02: 8:53am On Nov 09, 2019
johnmattew:
Russians built ajaokuta steel plants......so the reason for giving them the go ahead

No, the strategy is that it will be hard for the west to sabotage the plant with the Russians in control for a period
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by MusaDanladi1: 8:53am On Nov 09, 2019
johnmattew:
imf of lies...if Ghana is suffering the heat,why won't Benin Republic suffer more as their economy is dependent on revenues from import duties
Are you minding this useless lie lie IMF. I stopped believing or listening to their lies a long time ago.
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by Guyman02: 8:55am On Nov 09, 2019
JJOF:

Na this kind thing dey vex me. How you take know say na USA dey sponsor ISIS.
Go to YouTube and listen to US presidential candidate Tulsi Gabbard.
There was no ISIS until US backed rebels to overthrow the Syrian government in 2011
Re: Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF by johnmattew: 8:55am On Nov 09, 2019
prigoz:
Very encouraging massage whereas Nigeria economy is declining everyday. It will never be well for people that vote certificateless president to power, even their children will enjoy the suffering too.
it not hard to see Dumbos called educated illiterate..if the border closure doesn't signal opportunities to u,then u arent from from being stewpid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zuckerberg Loses N2tn In 5 Hours After Facebook's Temporary Crash / The Real Truth Behind Recharge vouchers Printing Business. / How Can We Combat Fraud In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.